Official Choices Ch. 04

Story Info
Lorelai and Hannah sort things out.
12k words
4.6
6.4k
10

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/18/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,837 Followers

The first thing Lorelai noticed when she woke up was that her sleeping bag was covered in frost. Not just it, the entire tent floor crunched as she rolled onto her side, shivering and looking at the empty space.

Lorelai felt her heart heave and she burst into silent tears.

She was giving Hannah the space she wanted, but she'd been sure that her girlfriend would sneak in, during the night. She'd left room for her, unpacking everything onto just one side of the tent, but... She was still alone.

Not having Hannah by her side should have been fine. Their romance had been whirlwind, based on stolen food, and fucking each other's brains out. Having similar forbidden crushes.

Triss had been fine to be on her own.

So, why did Lorelai feel like someone had stuck a knife in her and carved off one of her arms? Why did she feel like less than half a person without the redhead to greet her in the morning?

She'd been dumped before, albeit not by someone she'd had sex with. It had never hurt this bad. Even with Hannah promising this was temporary, it felt like something in Lorelai was dying. Screaming in pain as it went.

When the tears finally stopped, she sat up tiredly and dragged over a bag. Getting out a clean hoodie and jeans, before finding a mirror and make up to try and hide she'd been crying with a little bit of cover up.

Not much she could do about the redness of her eyes, but she made it less obvious. Less puffy.

Lorelai emerged from the tent, shivering and rubbing her arms. Mateo was already sitting beside a fire, with a small aluminium percolator above the flames.

He was sipping at a mug, and watching the deep red sunrise over the eucalypts. Lorelai crawled onto his lap without asking and pulled in her legs, teeth chattering.

Her dad laughed and brushed her hair, "Next cup of coffee is nearly ready."

She snagged his out of his hands and sipped at it, savouring the nearly boiling liquid as the heat spread out through her chest. "Whoever's idea it was to go camping at this time of year..."

"I think that was yours, Lor."

She shrugged, "Not like I don't do stupid shit."

"Still down, huh?"

She nodded and looked at the landscape of stone and trees, beneath the wavering arms of red, "It's... It's really pretty here. And quiet. But it doesn't help."

"We could hike to either the falls or the hot springs today." Mateo offered, "Which would you prefer?"

"Eating the last of my chocolate stash, lying in my sleeping bag, reading my book and crying." She chose another option.

He continued stroking her hair, "You were excited when we bought the bikini for her."

"She needs space." Lorelai whispered, "I don't want to pressure her."

He sighed heavily and hugged her, "You really shouldn't be mourning just yet. You haven't lost her. Not yet. And showing a little affection isn't going to end things."

"It's my decision."

He gave a frustrated sigh, but didn't say anything else. It was what Lorelai loved most about her father. He would give his advice, encourage her, but if she decided on something different, then he didn't argue with her or scream at her, like her mother would have.

She even knew that he'd support her when her decision turned out to be a crap one, like he predicted.

Lorelai heard another zip open, followed by stumbling feet and chattering teeth. She didn't need to turn around to know exactly who that was. She knew those tired footsteps.

Hannah groaned as she sat down beside the fire, rubbing her hands together, "Any plans for today, Uncle Teo?"

Avoiding asking her directly. Hannah was hurting, too. That was why Lorelai had to suck it up and not push. The redhead probably couldn't look at her, and that was fine because there was no way Lorelai could look at her cousin without bursting into tears.

"I think Lor just wants the quiet. But you and Celia could hike up to the hot springs." Mateo said diplomatically. She still elbowed him in the gut for it.

Hannah took several long and deliberate breaths, "Would... You prefer if I just go home, cuz?"

"No." Lorelai said, standing up and taking her dad's coffee with her. "Going for a walk."

"Lor!" Hannah called after her.

---

Walking around the rocky terrain by herself had been a crap idea, Lorelai decided. Especially when she was feeling too down to actually pay attention to where she was walking and had ended up in this stupid situation.

She didn't have a phone on her, because she was escaping from a media blitz. She didn't need to remind herself by looking at social media.

So, after she slipped and twisted her ankle, she found herself sitting on a boulder by herself and hoping someone in her family was going to try and pierce her privacy tantrum, because she couldn't put any weight on it.

Such a crap idea.

At least she was in a beautiful place. It might be cold and windy, but the treescape leading up to a cutaway to the ocean, was amazing. One of those things that inspired artwork.

Lorelai could imagine Hannah sitting here, setting up her camera and the perfect angles. Taking hours to capture the perfect ten second moment, and squealing happily when she got it.

Her ankle looked like it was still swelling. It hurt, even just resting it on the ground.

She looked up as she heard a grunt from somewhere nearby. Deep and strong, like she imagined Mateo would sound on top of her. Lorelai looked around, but couldn't see anyone.

Was someone perving on her, from nearby?

A hand slapped the rock in front of her, and Lorelai's face split into an amused grin as she saw she wasn't the only insane person out and about. Strong and bare shoulders rippled, as the man drew himself up to the top of the rockface.

He half collapsed, and gave a weak smile and wave as he spotted her.

Lorelai gave a timid wave back, and then noticed he didn't have any climbing gear on. Freeclimber. She looked up at the still rising sun, "Is it as pretty coming up, as it is, sitting here?"

The guy ran a hand through his sweat matted hair, "Not really. Mostly just cursing myself for thinking it'd be easy. Name's Chris."

"Lorelai." She replied tiredly, "Nice to meet you. Though, um..."

He glanced at her with concern, "Twisted ankle?"

"You can see it, huh?"

He nodded, "Yeah, we should get some ice on that. Just give me a minute to catch my breath, and I'll help you out. Your campsite far? Mine's kinda... Down there."

"Yeah, not an option." She laughed and then waved, "Five minutes thataways, I think. I was... Maybe... Throwing a tantrum? I got into a fight with my girl."

His demeanour instantly changed. Not huge changes, but there was a definite change to the way he was looking at her. She should have seen that one coming. He was probably hoping that playing the hero was going to earn him a kiss.

Actually... That... Wasn't a bad idea.

"You here with a group, Chris?"

He shrugged, "My sister. She hates physical stuff, though. Reading in her hammock is as much as she likes it. Just you and... Your girl?"

"Family." Lorelai shrugged, "My dad. My cousin and her parents. The cousin is the girl. Hannah. You wouldn't happen to have a thing for redheads, would you?"

Chris chuckled softly, "Prefer blondes. Especially when they cut to the chase, that quickly. You from around here?"

"Yes and no." Lorelai shrugged, "I didn't know my dad, only just met him. This was supposed to just be me meeting the other side of the family... But my mum's a psycho, and completely lost the plot, so I'm moving in with dad, now. Sorry. My family story, it kinda sucks."

"Thought I recognised you." Chris sighed heavily, "The kidnapped girl, right? Shit. What am I supposed to say, at a time like this?"

Lorelai ran a hand through her hair, "Yeah... Don't want to think about that. Buuut... My cousin is as cute as I am. Most people think we're sisters. And, well... You remember those relationships you'd have as a kid? They last until camp is over and then that's it? Like, you'd be girl-boyfriend, but never really talk again?"

Chris shrugged, "No idea where you're going with this."

"I wanna hook Hannah up with someone for a couple of days." Lorelai said quickly, trying not to gag. She didn't want to give her cousin up to anyone at all. But she did think that it was what Hannah needed. She needed to fool around with a guy.

He scratched his cheek, "Okay, wow."

"I wouldn't mind hanging out with your sister, either. I'm in the mood for quiet." Lorelai shrugged, "Too much... Too much shit on my mind. I've got a book to read, but mostly I've just been hiding out in my tent. Think she'd mind some company?"

"Rin?" He thought for a moment, "Nah. She's not the quiet type, she's just bored. But... Why not? Let's throw a party or something. The more the merrier."

Lorelai grinned, "Awesome. So... Recovered? Can you help me limp back to my dad?"

"Your dad gonna kill me?" Chris asked tentatively.

She shook her head, "I know I've been in the news and stuff but... Dad is... I have never met someone so... Strong, before. He doesn't break. He never yells. He's unbreakable."

"He sounds terrifying." Chris pushed onto his feet, walking over to her and extending a hand.

Lorelai took it, feeling how rough his hands were from his climb, before swinging an arm around his shoulders and picking up the coffee cup. He helped her limp, and she felt some of her depression from the last day or so fading. Not the anxiety, but some of the life-is-pointless dropped away.

"Well, I'm obviously here to hide out." She made small talk, "What about you and your sister? Just camping out?"

Chris frowned, "Mmm... It's kinda a private thing. But you could say we're trying to get away from it all, too."

"Ooh. Mysterious." She grinned, "So... About my cousin... Uhm... She got hurt. A little while back. Bunch of assholes got her drunk, and then took turns. So don't be surprised if she shits herself when she sees you."

"Holy fuck." He swore, "Is everything in your life made of shit?"

"Pre'ey much." Lorelai sighed.

The campsite came into view fairly quickly. She hadn't got very far before stomping over the boulders had ended up ruining her morning. The fire was still flickering beneath the percolator.

Mateo was no longer in his seat. He was standing closer to the edge of the boulder, stretching and looking out at the rainforest. Even through his t-shirt Lorelai could tell just how fit he was, which was probably going to be mildly intimidating for Chris.

Celia and Jonah had emerged, as well.

Hannah's mother was in the process of packing a picnic basket, and was already dressed in a bikini. Which was entirely unfair, because even though there was a couple decades between them, Lorelai could swear that she'd disappear standing next to that cherry blonde beauty.

Jonah was sitting uncomfortably in his chair, with Hannah curled into his lap with her fists shoved into her eyes. Her shoulders were gently shaking as she wept, breaking Lorelai's heart.

Her uncle saw the two approaching instantly, "Lorelai! Hey, you okay?"

"Rescued by the hunk." Lorelai smiled and limped into a seat, "Everyone, this is Chris. He's a climber. Chris, everyone."

Mateo turned around casually, and Lorelai could swear she saw a flicker of disapproval on his face. However he was very quickly looking at her ankle, "Oh, that looks kinda bad. No hiking for you, today. Though, soaking it at the springs would have done some good."

"I've got some ice." Celia announced, ducking into her tent, and re-emerging with an eskie.

Her dad crossed and shook Chris' hand firmly, "Mateo."

"Eh, Chris." The boy was clearly intimidated and knew exactly who Mateo was to Lorelai. She smiled broadly at the two of them. Watching them size each other up. She could practically hear Chris' balls shrinking in front of her.

She looked over to where her cousin hadn't even peeked out, yet. Heart cracking. "Hey... Hannah? I was thinking... Did you... Want to have Chris tag along, today?"

The redhead glared at her with red eyes, and snapped, "What?"

Lorelai nodded to him, "He rescued me. And he's kinda... Cute."

Hannah's face wavered for a moment, and she frowned, "I think you and I need to have a talk."

"Not right now." Celia interrupted, finishing the makeshift icepack and making Lorelai flinch as she put in place. Her aunt looked up at her, "Though, that is very sweet of you, Lor."

Chris coughed, "Eh... I think... I better be getting back to Rin."

"See if you can't convince her to come up!" Lorelai said quickly, "Everyone else is hiking up to the hot springs. You guys wouldn't mind having a couple extra along, would you?"

Mateo chuckled and smiled at the blonde, "Sure. More the merrier. We've got plenty of food for lunch, as well. Though... I was thinking I should stay back. Watch out for you."

"Because I'm so incapable." Lorelai rolled her eyes.

He crossed his arms, "No, because you're my daughter, and you twisted your ankle, and I've never had the chance to dote on you before."

Hannah bit her lip and then nodded, "You should take it, cuz."

Lorelai stared at her, and mouthed silently, `Are you sure?'

The redhead nodded, and then nodded over at Chris, and raised an eyebrow. Lorelai hesitated, and then nodded as well. "You should check my tent. We're basically the same size, and I got a new bikini. I was going to wear it for you... But, because I'm stuck here... Why don't you borrow it?"

Celia looked between the two of them in surprise, "Well. There's something I never would have expected."

"I'm lost." Jonah volunteered, lifting a hand, "The women care to explain the subtext?"

Mateo just laughed, "Oh, don't bother. Lor and Hannah are apparently planning something. Us poor menfolk just have to do what we're told."

Lorelai grinned, "Exactly."

Chris shrugged, looking just as lost as her dad. "I... Guess that sounds fun. Rin doesn't need much of an excuse to crack out her bikini. Though... She might be annoyed about the interruption to her quiet day. Probably had plans."

"The springs are worth it." Jonah said quickly, "Utterly stunning views, relaxing hot spas, and if Celia has anything to do with it, amazing food."

Hannah walked over and sat in Lorelai's lap hesitantly, as the boys continued discussing the idea. Hannah kissed Lorelai's forehead, before whispering. "Am I misreading this?"

"Just don't get pregnant." She whispered back, "But yeah. This is your free pass. You need space. To work out what you like... Well, I don't do space. I think he's up for it. If not, just have some fun. Okay?"

Hannah gave a weak laugh and kissed her on the head again, "You give the best presents, cuz. Not sure I'll take you up on it, but... I'll think about it."

"Now go put on the bikini." Lorelai nodded at the tent, "Got it for you, anyways."

The redhead gave a small blush, and headed to get changed.

Celia whispered from where she was fussing with the icepack, "Is it just me, or did my daughter just give you permission to try and bed your father?"

"She did. I'm not going to, but she did." Lorelai blushed.

Her aunt frowned, and then stood up, "Why ever not?"

Lorelai's heart instantly hammered in her ears and she stared at the quiet woman, "Say what?"

"How do you think you and Hannah were born? Mateo is not unattractive. He's... Attentive. And you didn't grow up with him, honey." Celia spoke delicately and quietly, "No one would blame you."

"Oh my god. My aunt just gave me permission." Lorelai sucked in her breath.

Celia blushed, and smiled, "Aw. You called me your aunt! It made me feel incredibly old, so I didn't like that part, but you do think of me as family. Not just Hannah's boring mum."

Lorelai rolled her eyes, "I hope I look half as good as you, at your age, auntie. Also, since you called yourself boring and I've been meaning to ask... No tanlines?"

"Nope." Celia grinned at her and walked over to sit in her husband's lap. "All packed! We're ready to go when Hannah is. Teo, you're staying with Lor, okay?"

He shrugged, "Okay."

Chris looked up from his phone, "Rin's in, as well. She'll meet us on the trail. Apparently she was wanting to check the springs out, but didn't want to do it by herself. So... Thanks. For inviting us."

"We're a pretty laid back bunch." Jonah shrugged, "Always happy to have an excuse to make something into an event."

Lorelai grinned at the memory, "They're not kidding. My aunt had a birthday cake for me, within like an hour of discovering I still existed. And if they get too much, be blunt. Pretty impossible to offend them."

"Careful, Lor, it almost sounded like you like us." Mateo teased.

She crinkled her nose, "I fuckin' love my family, Dad."

"No cakes this time." Celia interjected, "But I've left some drinks and sandwiches in that eskie for you and Teo, Lorelai. I'm afraid I didn't have time to make or pack any of my usual treats before we left."

Chris shook his head, "You seem like a tight family. My brother can barely tolerate my existence. Though, I did date his wife, so that can sometimes get awkward."

"Nah, they're just really nice people." Lorelai smiled proudly, "Seriously. Mum told me Dad was dead for pretty much my whole life. I've only known it was a lie for about a week. This is just how they treat people. Aren't they the best?"

Chris' response died, and Lorelai's breath caught, as Hannah emerged from the tent.

"Oh, that is so not fair." Lorelai stared at her cousin who had basically transformed into a super model by wearing something that had only made herself seem mildly cuter.

The bikini was fairly simple. It wasn't something crazy revealing like a G-string. Instead it was the traditional French design, each of the joints was material looped around large silver circlets. There was even a circle nestled in the centre of Hannah's breasts, which Lorelai definitely didn't find her eyes lingering over.

However, despite the simplicity, it highlighted some of Hannah's best parts. It showed off her wavy red locks, and the black somehow managed to contrast with her light blue eyes. It pulled in tight underneath her breasts, lifting them and turning her small cleavage into something perfectly formed. It even seemed to lift Hannah's hips, somehow, making her seem leggier.

Not that she needed it to.

Hannah smiled proudly and put one hand on her hip, "Take it, you like what you see, cuz?"

Lorelai was currently hating the fact that she looked so similar to her cousin, and that her cousin called her cousin so openly. Because she really, really, wanted to make out with her. But that was a bit off limits, in front of a stranger... Who she may have accidentally spilled it too. Hopefully Chris hadn't picked up on it.

The pain was worse because Hannah and she hadn't had a proper kiss since they'd gone away.

Her heart ached, and she felt herself threatening to burst into tears again. Even though it felt like they were moving passed the pain, it was still there. Hannah was so beautiful, so perfect, and completely and utterly out of her reach.

Hannah stared at her in fright, "Okay... Um... Tears was not what I was expecting..."

"Girls need a moment. I'll walk you down." Mateo said, standing up and picking up the picnic gear. Jonah and Celia immediately followed and soon had Chris distracted.

Hannah approached her and crouched in front of the chair, "You're not okay, huh? I've... Been a bitch."

"I love you, idiot." Lorelai replied, bottom lip trembling, "That's why it hurts. I love you, and can't have you. So, yes... You looking sexy as fuck hurts like fucking fuck."

"I'm not dumping you." Hannah said with concern, grabbing one of her hands, "I don't want to lose you either, Lor."

She shook her head, "I... I don't feel dumped. Well, I do. But I know you want time and space. Hence trying to hook you up. And giving you permission to... Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt."

shakna
shakna
1,837 Followers