All Comments on 'Oh Brother'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Crap. When the shit-brother bought it, he should have rejoiced. When the longest living parent died and the nursing home rang to ask him for instructions regarding the body, he should have answered "Take it to the landfill".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story gets 5 stars - most of the people writing comments are zeros. I have nothing but respect for writers (and those who show support). Constructive criticism is one thing, but have no use for the trolls who feel a need to tear apart a good tale and its writer simply for some personal need for attention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Trolls are just looking for a place to tear somebody down so they can feel superior to someone (iam smarter than you, that sort of things. I would pity them but most seem to be a bunch of a-holes and even undeserving of pity) but they read this and don't think it applies to them, they are above that..

Thanks to the authors here you all deserve better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The trolls won't see the response to them, because they write the crap and move on some place else to their spread discontent and smuggley think how smart they are. Hey we all are who we are live in your own skin.

Bob p

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

That letter is hilarious. The entire part after Mike's death just seems like gaslighting 101. Overall, world's probably better off without him, got too many assholes as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Death is too easy a payback on his bro. He should have lived and suffered for the rest of his life, Too much forgiveness for his family. ughhh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave it a 5 but I have always had a problem with cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ugh, still shouldn't have forgiven them. Why do so many authors feel it is either reconciliation or burn them? Brother having an epiphany when faced with death is cliché but at least different.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

If the brother was still alive, the mom would still act as b4. It is only now because her fav son is dead she chooses him. Sorry but he should've just stayed away and let his fam reap what the sow.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

This one is playing to your strength --- the Renunciation story --- but it doesn't quite land. The mom continuously blaming Henry for Mike's misdeeds was over-the-top. And Jamie tracking down Henry on the off-chance that they might have chemistry was an implausible plot point. Why not just have Jamie and Henry meet when Henry was dating Tara, so that Jamie knows beforehand that she and Henry had potential as a couple?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

This is soft as fuck. Are you sure you have any balls between your legs? Sometimes I think you do but other times it's this weak shit. My gods what a shit story.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

One of your best BigGuy. Great story. Great writing.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Wow, so good! Thanks for this one, Bigguy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just because their favourite son is dead then they realised that they have another son somewhere. What a fish of an excuse. This is definitely not one of the good story, but thank you for your story. Deserve only two star ⭐🌟.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I didn't like ANY character in this story, not even Jamie. I mean, they are having sex for the first time and the bitch keeps talking about other people! How annoying is that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For me, this was both well written and an excellent “yarn”.

Thank you so much for posting/sharing it.

Best regards,

Craig

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The mother was a horrible, biased woman, the brother a total asshole, the father a spineless wimp and the girlfriend a shallow slut. Why would he want any contact with any of these people? His brother's letter to him at the end, was a farce! All his life he was a bastard to his younger brother! "He is mine to bully.No one else touches him." That's brotherly love?? And why would he have a sudden change of heart??!! Michael was a bastard. He should have been left as such! Otherwise, a good story. 4*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You can hide in the romance category but you are still a simp.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I don't accept some one like Michael would write that letter.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

So so, a 4 star I guess. Anon comment of 3 months ago is correct.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think this story does a good job of showing how complicated life can be. Can you be a complete piece of shit but still love the people you treat like shit? Yeah I think in a sick kind of way. Yeah his brother was a scumbag and his mother was so busy enabling that she treated her other son like shit and his dad was so busy going along to get along that he didn't do the right thing by him either. Is all of that true? Yes it is but his brother is dead now so what would be the point in keeping up with the feud? I think he did the right thing for himself and his wife and baby after all he is the one who gets to live happily ever after while his brother went to his grave knowing what a douche he was! Forgiveness is not weakness only blind faith is!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Continued to be disgusting!! Just cos someone is a war hero does not wash over the treatment meted out! How can a man with no morals ever be a good soldier? I am one…and I firmly believe that how I act in battle wil be based on my values! It’s the way one is…either u have integrity or u don’t! It’s not something that only comes on for short periods!! Bro was an asshole and parents were worse! As always writer ends up wimping and a cucky MC !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This guys family really are just POS's! Guy fucks his brothers girl and hes to blame? You need to treat Henry better because he's the only one who'll give us grandkids? I'm glad he forgave them for his sake not for theirs his family has no redeeming qualities and I would keep them as far away from me as possible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol, agree with Anon....you can hide in the romance category but you're still a wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like that the brother and ex-girlfriend learned something and possibly grew up, but it still doesn't excuse what they did. I had an ex-brother-in-law who was an ex-marine and he turned out to be a complete piece of shit, in the end he cheated on my sister, left his daughter a complete mess (she seems to be getting her life together recently, I have hope for her now, at least her daughter, my grand niece has her life going really well despite her mothers termoil) personally he deserved the way his life went (STD's, divorced and disgraced as a worthless man).

Sorry for the rant.

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

Lots of pieces of shit in this story. It’s kinda like rape, rob, pillage and rake havoc all your life. Destroy and ruin the lives and future of many. Then toward the end say your sorry and beg for forgiveness and low and behold Jesus Christ gives it to you. WOW. I guess some people are built different that others, will do anything they like and hurt all that’s gets in the way. I served in the USMC and I’ve been with my bride for over 50 great years. My beautiful daughter married a Marine, turned out he was just Like Michael. Great story, well written and thought provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. At least it wasn't a cheating wife. Having a brother that was an asshole too, I really empathized with the Henry character. We tried to mend our childhood stuff as we got older, and we did somewhat, but he died of cancer before he was 50. Thanks for sharing this story. 5 stars just because I felt a lot of the turmoil

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Terrible, stilted dialogue, like listening to a computer read a text. Or, a language lesson:

Hi, Î’m Dan.

Hi, I’m Jan.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

Highbrow huh, figures. I thought the story was fine and I don't think they were shooting for the Noble prize in literature. Any more then my comments deserve to be published in the Post. Lots of love for ya. haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Check your grammar. If you want to have more than one parent, put the apostrophe AFTER the s.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I like your stories but for some unknown reason I never left a comment on this story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What awful trash. Who hurt you?

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 year ago

Family does not deserve reconciliation. Just trade Christmas cards.

He and Jamie had already agreed no contact between Tara and him personally. Then she moved in?!

As usual with this author, MC is a wimp.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireabout 1 year ago

No. That’s it. Just, NO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
it's family!

same old bullshit lame ass wimpy protagonist. author likes his wimps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When Tara caught him at the restaurant and said 'may I join you', I would have go up, threw some notes onto the table and walked out without a glance at the trollop, leaving her alone and embarassed. His mother saying 'brought to her attention' and glancing at her husband; I was expecting her to say, 'well actually Michael isn' your brother, he was the result of an infidelity on my half which your father forgave me for but he never accepted Michael. Hey hum perhaps I should have been a writer. Just a 3 because it was the same old same old, nymphomaniac girl friend/wife fucks all and sundry; 'it was only sex'.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My son was an active duty Marine who was living with his fiancée (also a Marine). When he came back from Iraq he was totally messed up. When he was again deployed she left him with just a “dear John “ letter. He is a great , good looking man & now ten years later he is unmarried and does not date.

A tour with a reserve company to Afghanistan really helped him get his head back where it belongs, but he’s still not totally back to normal. He moved to be with his sister & her family & is a doting uncle.

You don’t have to die to sacrifice for your country.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

No comment just 3 star. 🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Agree with anon.. author likes wimpy cucks...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars from me.

Some miserable commenters on hear.

Sit and listen the "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yes MC had to let it go and forgive but the fact is if his brother loved him like a brother he wouldn't go behind his back and scew his girlfriend.

If his girlfriend had deep feelings for MC at the very least if she was decent she would break up with him.

He was better off not exposing his kids upbringing to that bunch.

Most likely.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

I can understand this ending.

willyk1212willyk12127 months ago

5 star i really like your srories

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked it , but realistically I wouldn’t care about the brother at all

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A rare 4 star instead of a 5 the only other non 5 in your catalogue is that crazy sister steals wife mc Folds and rolls over story . As always good writing, understandable and emotional.story wise I can see forgiving Tara for Jamie’s sake, just keep an eye on her . but the family and the brothers funeral… I’m not sure a person would be able to reasonable get over that sort of hurt in that

amount of time. The family could be forgiven eventually

But the brother I just don’t see reading the letter or anything he’s done and burnt his bridge. Personally I don’t like Tara nor the brother they are both despicable. You used them as masterful heels in the story

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

Well crafted, but as is so prevalent in short stories, the almost instant connection between couples (Henry & Jamie) seems contrived. yes, a more convoluted and winding trail takes words, time, and planning, but makes for a believable story. Was Tara an evil witch? No, just weak and self-centered I suppose. Michael, on the other hand was a spoiled older brother with entitlement issues spawned by a mother who doted on and pandered to his arrogance. Henry showed fortitude to face down his family and carve out his own life. Still, while healthy, all the forgiveness in the final event felt a bit saccharine.

nestorb30nestorb305 months ago

Well written as usual but the reconciliation with the family was a stretch into sci-fi/fantasy

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

With a 5'4" sister that would most likely make Tara either the result of an affair or a fully transitioned male.

Really though, who wants a 6' woman. 5'8" with 4" heals is far better. 6'4" men or women just look like freaks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just couldn't accept the ease at which he connected with Jamie, personally I couldn't have done it knowing that it would inevitably bring me back into contact with Tara and potentially the family I'd rejected.

While it was good to see a soldier doing the cucking for a change, the guy was a piece of shit. The fact that he was a soldier, or that he died in service doesn't give him a free pass. Fort Leavenworth is full of soldiers that are also scum.

The reconciliation at the end was just ridiculous and unwarranted. You don't get a clean slate just because something terrible happens to you. It's not even as if the parents made the first move, they could have sent a letter to Tara to deliver to Henry apologising and trying to make amends, but waiting till the favoured son dies, just sounds like a fall back/spare position.

The letter did nothing for me, mostly because it just felt fake, a plot by the author, out of character and no, having seen immanent death isn't enough, otherwise most soldiers would return as reformed, pleasant individuals rather than fkd up ptsd DV monsters prone to alcoholism and homelessness.

/

Ultimately it didn't matter that everyone had been bad towards Henry. He just needed to get over himself, and everything would work out OK. Really surprised that Tara didn't ask to be impregnated by Henry as I'm sure Jamie would have given him the OK. /s

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

1% of the American female population is 6 foot or above. Accounting for age demographics, the liklihood of coming across a 6 foot woman that isn't either man like ugly or an actual model is slim.

There are far more good looking women that are 5'10" making them 6'2" with 4" heels.

/

Personally I just assume that any woman that's 6" or above is transitioned. Always better to be safe than sorry, err on the side of caution.

/

I don't know what it is with LW authors that go for statistical outliers like twins, big dicks, tall women, excessively skilled MC's, wealthy, etc. Gimmicks aren't needed, as normal people have pretty fkd up melodramatic lives too.

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Just a fun fantasy read!! For a change the MC has some brain power and was willing to (mostly anyway) use it.

Having personal experience with a short meet the girl to marrying her (4.5 months) and now together 50+ years i know it can happen even when you don’t expect it!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Henry's mother was a cunt and his father a fucking wimp. His brother is an asshole like the mother. He should have remained without them.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

2 stars for this crap. His mother was a bitch and her explanation at the end was so feeble. Suddenly, years of trauma and abuse from his parents are fucking forgiven in the blink of an eye. Michael's letter was fucking unnecessary. Asshole writer wanting to tie this crap in a nice bow

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It seems sad to me that some people feel / act like they are experts on the subject (regardless of what the subject is). If you don't believe that just read the comment section.

Thank you BG33, I enjoy your tales. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Just a well written good read.

bleeepbleeepabout 1 month ago

This story really pushed a lot of buttons for me. I was in a similar situation. In my case the 'perfect child' was my little brother. I had the world by the tail for 2 years 3 months 5 days 12 hours and 17 minutes (yeah, I was bitter for a long time and 'maybe' overthought this a bit), then he showed up and I was yesterday's news. At least as far as my mother was concerned. I can't count the number of times I got blamed for something he did or got in trouble for letting him do something he shouldn't have. I was the older brother and should have looked out for him. Never mind he was a devious little shit that defied discipline. I never had a girlfriend he didn't try to steal. In the long run things caught up with him though. After my mother died, my father found out he had been embezzling from the family business for years and my mother covered it up. (she was the bookkeeper for the business, so it wasn't hard.) Thus finally ended his favored son status. After repaying my father (or jail, his choice) he was left with very little money and little chance of ever regaining it. Now, over 60 and on his fourth marriage, he works in a junkyard. (he never got an education as my mother pandered to his every whim, including buying him a house and making his car payments.) I, on the other hand, did and have a six figure income to show for it. I've also been married to the same wonderful woman for over 35 years. How did I know she was the one? She saw my brother as the womanizing degenerate he was and actually laughed in his face when he made a pass at her. I believe her response was "When the day comes that I want a micro-dicked mama's boy, I'll call you. Don't hold your breath." To her dying day, my mother despised my wife. My father did and still does adore her and since my mother's passing, he and I have come a long way towards putting all this behind us. For those that don't think these kind of things happen, I assure you they do. Unfortunately, most don't get the satisfaction of seeing the favored child crater. I did and it was a very therapeutic thing. I let go of a lot of anger and pain after that. Ultimately, my brother is just as much a victim as I was. My mother made him what he was. I have forgiven him, but we are not and never will be close. Just too much baggage. 5 stars for portraying your MC as a compassionate person unwilling to allow circumstances he had no control over to destroy him. Removing himself from the situation was the best choice. I was estranged from my family for most of 15 years and in that time I made a happy life for myself, my wife and our kids. When I let them back in it was on my terms.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories