Old Blood and New Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That had only been something fun to keep his Master entertained, and there was nothing wrong with that. He hadn't forced Vyn into it, after all.

It was only a fun thing to do.

He sat in his room for a while, or he did once he'd washed up and changed his drawers and breeches. He wanted to do something productive, but his brain was a bit worn out.

Some more time passed. He got up to sip some water. Then he sat back down.

But, quick and not too unlike a bubble popping, a thought came to him.

He didn't use a condom!

Condoms were often made of linen or sheep intestine, and they were usually expensive, but damn that courtesan must've had some! He should've asked her to use one!

"Shit!!"

Vyn shot up from his seat and started pacing around the room.

If he caught a disease, he'd only have himself to blame!

How could he be so irresponsible?!

He didn't get much sleep. He really didn't.

***

The sun was setting on the following day when Vyn pushed himself out of bed and groaned. He used a bit of tooth powder and water to brush his teeth, and he rinsed with a swig of mid-range alcohol. Then, pensively, he chewed on a little mint pill as he sat down right on the floor, his legs bent and his arms stretched out over his knees.

Someone knocked on the door. A servant's voice called out, "Mr. Dahlren? His Grace had requested your presence."

Vyn nodded, although that was a nod to himself. "Where is he?"

"He's in his bedroom."

"I'll be there soon."

Vyn pushed himself up and changed his rumpled clothes into something much less wrinkled. He even combed his hair and put it in a braid. He used a little standing mirror to check his face for any blemish. Nothing. Fine.

He quit his room rather slowly, his footsteps soft. Whatever was in store for him, he wasn't sure what it could be. Maybe nothing would be said of last night. Maybe the Duke will have an attitude of "business as usual." That would likely be the best outcome. That way, things would be so much less uncomfortable.

Inside the bedroom, the Duke was dressed very well, like he wanted to go out for a walk in a park. His casual coat was a fantastic dark orange color, no printing nor embroidery, but the bone buttons were nice touches. The noble had an understated type of elegance. Vyn liked it.

That Duke was sitting down like he really didn't want to go out for a walk in a park, right on the edge of his mattress, framed by tied open canopy curtains. His spine was curled over, his pale fingers laced between the opening his legs created. While a black ribbon was trying to hold his hair back, the length still trailed over his shoulder like a glittering stream of fresh milk. His face was, of course, lowered, but Vyn could still see a pained expression in his light pink lips.

Vyn stood a little bit before the seated aristocrat. He gave a short bow and said, "I'm here, My Lord. What are your plans for the day?"

The Duke's fingers made a couple of rather nervous looking flexes. Then the hands separated and moved to grip his knees. The Duke took a breath that seemed a bit loud.

"Your Grace?"

The Duke seemed to brace himself and push up to a standing position. His had on a rather sweet and green smelling cologne, similar to grass with a hint of flowers. Vyn looked up at his eyes and found a peculiar focus there. It was practically severe.

Shards of ice.

Vyn gulped down something.

"Mr. Dahlren."

There wasn't anything that could be called questioning in his tone.

Vyn nodded to him.

The Duke changed his tone, but only slightly. "Are you feeling well?"

"Yes Your Grace."

"Are you concerned about anything? Perhaps about anything that happened last night?"

Vyn's eyes lowered to somewhere near the Duke's jawline. "I wasn't forced to do anything. Don't be apologetic." He swallowed down something else.

Why wouldn't the Duke just move on?!

"I imagine you might already know about condoms. Did you wonder why Miss Duponta didn't use one?"

Vyn stepped back and folded his arms. He turned his head to one side. "Holy fuck." His voice was a low, rumbling thing. "Why are you bringing that up? And where's that whore? Is she out shopping or showing herself off at a party?"

"I believe she's at a late tea party." The Duke's feet moved in closer. Vyn heard his heels thud on a rug and then tap on the wood. Vyn took another step back. Then the Duke said, "Miss Duponta has herself examined very regularly. Every courtesan worth her fee has herself examined, and they almost always use condoms. I have no doubt that she's healthy, and that you're also healthy."

Vyn slapped his palm onto his eyes as they closed. His head turned down. "I'm not comfortable right now. I think I'd rather watch you suck a flask of blood down."

The Duke's laughter was actually rougher than it normally was. It almost matched Vyn's voice. "Please let me reassure you. I trust that, concerning last night, you have nothing to fear. In fact, I should explain why Miss Duponta didn't use a condom."

"Don't want to know." Vyn took another little step backwards. "Even if we're both cleaner than sunlight, I still should've asked her to use one. It's my fault. I'm not going to blame her for being an eager worker."

The Duke was close now. He even took Vyn's free hand and held it with both of his. Vampires were very warm, just as warm as anyone else. That warmth shot up through Vyn's arm, and it made his belly quiver. He lowered the other hand from his eyes so he could look down at the Duke's plain but well shaped fingers.

Was this a dream?!

"Vyn?"

Vyn's jaw fell.

The Duke would've been spoken far too intimately if he'd used Vyn's given name, Vynstrum. Yet, here he was using Vyn's preferred nickname?!

Vyn was frozen, but he wasn't cold.

"Vyn, please listen to me. My confession must be given. Please don't be weary. If you reject what I say, then I'll have no ill will towards you. One should never be forceful in this way."

Still unable to move, Vyn wished he could nod.

Some of the Duke's blushing fingertips caressed Vyn's skin as they held his hand still so firmly. "I asked Miss Duponta to only use a condom if you requested it. I'd hoped I could have my cum on your body, and later yours on mine."

There was nothing that could've been done to change the situation, not once those words had been so boldly given.

The shield broke.

Well precisely, it wasn't automatic.

First, Vyn looked at the Duke's serious silver eyes. Vyn blinked like someone completely inept at anything mathematical that had just been given a lecture on the most complicated algebra in the world. Then his brown eyes narrowed and he whispered, "I don't believe you."

Second, the Duke leaned in and let his lips oh so lightly graze Vyn's. He smelled like... well what Vyn had imagined he'd smell like. Tooth powder with a hint of something alcoholic and maybe some mints. He was thankful that he didn't smell like blood.

Third, Vyn put his free hand on the Duke's shoulder. His fingers dug just a bit into the orange coat.

Fourth, Vyn planted a tight, gentle, almost non-existent little kiss on the Duke's lips, and then he pulled away to give a throaty handful of words.

"This is a bad idea, but I don't think I can care about it anymore."

***

12