All Comments on 'Old Friends in Paradise Ch. 02'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Wonderful chapter! They sound like a wonderful couple/

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very nice, lovely romance with an interesting back story, his family background and the crooked father etc. One thing, I would have posted this together with part 1, it will still only be 13 pages and part 1 does not stand alone well. Will there be a part 3? More about their future could be nice, but the story doesn’t need it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have always enjoyed reading your stories and this one is superb. Love the typical teen angst combined with the characters growth as they became adults. Thank you.

GeorgeSmithfiftyGeorgeSmithfiftyabout 3 years ago

Excellent chapter. Looking forward to chapter 3.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Excellent. I'm a sicker for a good romance story here and this one, so far, has it in spades. Shame the HBS was such a sh*t to him at earlier in life but without it there wouldn't be the story you're putting together so well.

As Nietzsche said “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” And in Christian this seems to be correct.

Hope it works out. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretty disappointing. I was hoping for SOME realistic tension , not even a second of it. Not sure if you've ever been bullied or psychologically tortured by a friend, but generally you don't pay them on the back and say good to see you.

Love your stories, this was just a huge flop for me. Couldn't even make it passed the first page.

Tannish84Tannish84almost 3 years ago

I'm not seeing that she was such a cow to him at school, OK she perhaps didn't wade in to defend him but bloody hell Anonymous, you got bullied it school that's obvious from your whining, but it wasn't the HBS that did it.

IT'S A STORY mate, go easy on yourself-being a troll don't suit you. OR Tell you what, how about you go public and write something half as good as this that we can criticize?

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Anonymous, as someone who was mercilessly bullied at school for 8 years, I'm going to make a suggestion. Let things go. I only found out why I was bullied at the age of 44, when I found out I was Aspergers and it was that that caused the bullying.

However I've never held grudges and when I ran into the worst bully of them all 6 or 7 years after leaving school and the first words out of his mouth were a heartfelt apology for being a total **** to me I forgave him. Bully's do what they do for many reasons, many of them because they are suffering far more at the hands of others than they dish out. Children can and are incredibly cruel and people do change and grow up.

I have no problem believing in forgiveness, but I think you need to learn to let go and you may need some help to deal with the issues you suffered. Don't let in ruin the rest of your life, please.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Gave it 4 stars but.... as a reader, I felt like I was sitting with my wife at her class reunion as all her old classmates go on and on about all those close shared experiences that I was not a part of nor had much interest in... In short, almost this entire episode reads like a written equivalent of those slide shows that we as children used to be stuck with viewing at Holiday gatherings... that went on and on with little real relevance or interest to our present situations. While well written, the pace was so slow I felt like I was trying to jog through mud... and frankly ambivalent rather than invested in the characters and story line.

As a Texan, I found the whole British culture so bizarre that it was entertaining; particularly the bizarre culture of the British service. It's like the cultural terminology of British English has diverged from common English practice so that like Australian English that many of the terms require us Texians to look them up on google. Ah well, I really speak Texian so much of what we say here is hard for people in Yankee land and the Left Coast to understand also.

Anyway...interesting but the pace is so sedate to border on boredom...

Aspie007Aspie007almost 2 years ago

Being young is not an excuse for being a bad person.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Its a bit of a ramble, but I do love the depth you bring to your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Superficial rumble about "reminiscing", much ado about nothing, really. She "feels bad" but never actually owned up that she WAS a cunt, not just some unwilling participant or sidekick. And "being in love" is not an excuse for being a horrible person.

One of the most pathetic excuses for "romance" I've read on this website. 1/5, because I can't give a zero.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...