All Comments on 'Old Friends in Paradise Ch. 03'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Connar1Connar1about 3 years ago

Back to the old Androgynousother! A really great story hitting all the right notes with some well written and realistic characters. 5*

AZTT2AZTT2about 3 years ago

Great story. I love the characters and the inter service rivalry humor feels right

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for this very enjoyable read. Loved the story and the characters. You are one fine writer.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Another great story!

5

nyc1975nyc1975about 3 years ago

5* for one of the very top authors on Lit. This US Army Ranger understands Royal Marine commando. Well told, and I look forward to your next.

2oothfairy2oothfairyabout 3 years ago

Brilliant, as always, love your happy endings, thank you

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

No idea about most of the military stuff other than MPS but it read well and I loved the story. Great characters despite Chris' initial flaws, well developed and written. A few typos early on in this chapter but nothing material.

5 stars without a shadow of a doubt.

Angel_AzraelAngel_Azraelalmost 3 years ago

You're one of the few authors in this site who can actually write very beautiful stories. But FFS, please stop using apostrophes to create plurals. That misuse, plus the many typos and grammar issues spread in all your stories make them hard to read. You are supposed to be British, you should know better how to write properly in English... That's my only criticism.

Cheers.

4certain4certainalmost 3 years ago

Another great 5* story, complete with HEA (happily ever after) ending. When stories are great, I am far more likely to ignore an occasional occurrence of misplaced apostrophes, homophones, or typos. Keep up the good work.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Simply loved it from start to finish 5*

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Great episode and overall great story. Yea the pacing of the second episode was rather too sedate with too little action but you picked up the pace substantially and really hit a home run on the third and final. Great Job by an outstanding author!

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 2 years ago

Good story but having been RAFP and served Three years in Cyprus there were a few glaring mistakes. The Sovern Base's have their own Police the SBA Police and are separate from the Service Police and are Cypriot with an ex-senior British Police Officer as the senior officer, and they work outside of the actual base areas. The nearest town to the Western SBA is Limassol where during my time most of the married personnel lived. The Sqn Ldr would have been the Provost Marshal (Cyprus) not an APM.

Still give it 5*

AndrogynousotherAndrogynousotherabout 2 years agoAuthor

Hey Dogmancyprus, Yah got me, but as it says right at the start 'never been there, never had 'owt to do with the RAF or the RAFP'. all from Google or imagined in my head, glad you still liked it though.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, with loads of Brit humour and terms only we “get”, I loved it all, even the slightly weird diversion with Psycho Rodge that I thought seemed a tad far fetched. Good illustration of all characters, although I’d have liked her to nick “simple Simon” as a karma bomb somewhere near the end, still we don’t get everything we want in life…

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am trying to find the appropriate words to say how much I enjoyed this story, I can't......so quite simply 'outstanding '. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I like the plot, I like the characters… but the way you insert whole chunks of story into dialogue, is really off putting and annoying to the reader, conversations aren’t Ted talks about the past, if you want to give context, do it, but not within dialogue, SHOW, don’t tell!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories