All Comments on 'On Another World Ch. 01'

by DragonSlayer_OK

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Congratulations!

I just read your story. I found it very interesting and intriguing. I look forward to much more of the story. It reminds me a book by Robert Heinlein that I think is called "Glory Road". Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
awesome

Wow love this story can't wait for more

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritalmost 14 years ago
*tilts head* very interesting

i find this story interesting for several different reasons..lol

First the BDSM undertone, Second is its a quite interesting concept for a sci-fi story. It will be interesting how You combined both seamlessly as You have in the first chapter. Looking forward to future chapters, pls keep up the excellent work. And thank You for posting the story.

donna

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Very Interesting

I'm very interested to see what you do with this. It's an intresting concept, and if done well it could be very interesting. (Yes, it seems interesting is the theme of this feedback) As far as construction and editing - nice job. Thanks for posting this, it'll be a pleasure to look for the next chapter.

hirnspielhirnspielalmost 14 years ago

This has superp potential. There is not much more to say since this only the first chapter. As you continue to write and the plot and information of this story start to come together or become fuller. Then we will give you a better criticism. Till then good luck and do not keep us waiting for to long. :D

MashiekehMashiekehalmost 14 years ago
Well Done!

I have to say this is the type of story i really like. Science fiction, sex, med-evil theme, and magic. Look forward to more!

BigDipperGuyBigDipperGuyalmost 14 years ago
Very Nice

Have read this three times now and am anxious to see where this goes. Awesome initial setup and great imagery. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
enjoyable

i enjoyed it very much

Aidan BlackthornAidan Blackthornabout 13 years ago
Nice start

Reminiscent of Edgar Rice Burroughs, John Norman and Alan Burt Akers (Dray Prescot). I'm looking forward to further development of the world.

Overall, your writing is good, but one nitpick I have though is your use of the more archaic elements of Early Modern English - what some people call Shakesperean English. Done properly, this could add something to the story, and develop a unique voice for a character or characters. But to be done right, it needs to be grammatically correct. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story, but you made several basic errors.

First off, the use of thou/thee. Like the use of 'tu' in French, or 'du' in German, one only uses this form with people you are intimate with family and close friends. One would never use it with someone of superior social standing, such as slave to Master.

Secondly, thou is the nominative form, used as the subject of a sentence or clause (thou art beautiful, thou must not go, etc.) Thee is the objective form, used as direct or indirect object (I love thee, I give it to thee etc.). Thy is the genitive, indicating possession, (thy sword) but thine is used before vowels (thine eyes). Thine is also the possessive noun (it is thine).

You have a similar problem with the use of my/mine. My is used before consonants and mine before vowels or h. (my dog, mine arm).

There are a few problems with conjugation too. Most verbs in the second person singular take the ending st or est. Thou goest, thou strikest, thou runest. There are irregular conjugations of course, thou art, thou dost, thou hast.

The 'th' ending for verbs is strictly for the third person, i.e. he doth, she goeth etc.

One sentence that pops out as a particularly good example is this:

She smiled and said. "I know, Master. As part of the binding, I can feel what thou feelst, but not anywhere as near as strongly as thee can feel what I doth."

This should be (leaving aside the fact that a slave shouldn't use thou to her master):

She smiled and said. "I know, Master. As part of the binding, I can feel what thou feelst, but not anywhere as near as strongly as thou canst feel what I do."

Anyway, that's enough nitpicking for now. If you want to talk about this any further, feel free to send me a private message.

Aidan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Love it.

As a fan of ERB since childhood , and of the Gor books for many years, I hope that you continue this series. What a great start. Please do not get us hooked and then abandon the story , as far too many authors do on this site. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Awesome story

Please continue this story I do not know how many stories I have read that are never finished and it is up setting that happens

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
On another world

What a great story, please find time to continue

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 6 years ago
Just stop reading now and save yourself.

I just can’t take the old world language haphazardly interjected into the text. It’s slows reading and trips you up as you go causing you to reread sections.

Oh and the story is boring. For an apparent force of one, and being THE ONE, the great saviour of the world he just sucks his winey ass.

Fuck. Kill Kahn and save the world.... so Kahn is right in front of him on a horse. Our guy has 2 cont 1911 automatics. Shoot the horse to immobilise Kahn then shoot Kahn. But nope.

Our guy had a small force and knew Kahn was coming. AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH. Our guy said he wanted gorilla warfare.

The WHOLE job is to kill Kahn.

What a joke.

firewolf54firewolf54over 5 years ago
stop here

STORY WAS NEVER FINISH

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDragonSlayer_OK@DragonSlayer_OK
I am a single parent in Oklahoma City...recently relocated from the People's Democratic Republic of California. Not much else to say about myself other than I am a scooter tramp [biker]. You can tell by my picture that at over 60, I'm getting older and uglier...and even star...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES