On Being a Nudist

Story Info
This is why I happen to be a nudist.
818 words
4.24
7.1k
6
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nakedcraving
Nakedcraving
1,073 Followers

I have been a nudist and proud to be for forty years. The feeling of being without any clothing in the great outdoors is the greatest feeling one can have, feeling the wind blowing around each part of you, every single inch of your body is incredible and liberating. As a young man I was overwhelmed by the fear of death and could not find a way to cope with it or find inner peace.

On a day I had an afternoon to myself I drove to Corona Del Mar where one of my best friend lived, intending to visit him for the afternoon. Bill lived on the bluff overlooking Big Corona Beach in Corona Del Mar, and when I got to his house his mother told me Bill was in Santa Ana and wouldn't be home until late.

I left my car at Bill's house and began walking south down the coast past Little Corona Beach, Latter Rock Beach, Seventh Beach, all the way to Eighth Beach, which is the last one before the cliffs start and eventually you come to Laguna Beach, ten miles south along the coast.

When I got to Eighth Beach I sat on the deserted shore, relaxing, and watched the ocean. Shortly, I got the urge to swim and being totally alone I stripped off all my clothes and went into the surf. I had had experiences before when I privately, usually at home, enjoyed having my clothes off, but I had never been outdoors, totally alone, and naked. I surfed, swam, then walked naked along the beach, alone and quiet and nude, just enjoying the day. There was no one on the beach, only sea gulls, a crab or two, some willets, sanderlings, a pelican a few yards down the shoreline, some seaweed, and a blue heron twenty or thirty yards away.

I felt, being nude, like a real, genuine part of the beach life. In an amazing moment of clarity, an instant that nearly overwhelmed me, I felt a relationship, a real connection, a zest for life, and I know it sounds contrived, but a connection to the cosmos, the universe, to life itself. Each element on the beach had a beginning and an ending. For that time--being naked as was the rest of the life there on the beach with me--I felt that to be a part of it I to had to have a beginning and an end, like the other forms of life on the shore.

That was for me as close to a religious experience as I have ever come. Being nude, being with Nature, and feeling a part of it was the beginning of my coming to grips with death as part of my life, For some mystifying reason being nude was an essential part of the realization, the epiphany, the understanding of my part of the universe.

From that moment on I have craved being nude in Nature, feeling the same as I did on that beach in Corona Del Mar in the early seventies, feeling a part of Nature and sharing a bond with all living things.

That is why I think I am a nudist. I love being naked. I love seeing other naked people, being around them, being naked with them, and sharing the casting off all coverings. Do I feel like I am enjoying exhibiting myself to others? Perhaps! I really don't know and frankly don't care.

Being around other naked people makes me feel more completed and more a part of the natural world. It is probably time to say I also really enjoy sex and particularly like watching other people doing it, I like writing about it, and discussing sexual concepts and visions. So I am a sex enthusiast. Yes! Am I a voyeur? Most likely. Am I an exhibitionist? Probably by definition.

I have been naked on beaches in California, Oregon, Florida, France, Portugal, Greece, the Virgin Islands, Alaska, and in Mexico. I have hiked nude in groups of three, fifty, and on beaches with 500 people. I have played naked frisbee, volleyball, soccer, and baseball.

I am a member of The Naturist Society, ANAR, Blacks Camping Bares, and Central Coast Beachfront. I have taken literally thousands of pictures of naked people, and have published books on nudism, body acceptance and family nudism. I am proudly and unblushing a nudist because I simply love being without clothing.

I have driven from Southern California to Idaho naked, dressing only at rest stops and for gas, and to register for hotels and motels. I have hiked naked for two weeks, not dressing for meeting other hikers and campers. To be naked is special and I recommend it to anyone, no matter age, body type, or gender. I have encountered hiking groups of women, families, and even church groups.

Believe me, hiking naked is liberating, invigorating, mentally purifying, and healthy.

Nakedcraving
Nakedcraving
1,073 Followers