Once Dead Twice Bound Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Opal emerged from the roiling flames like an avenging angel, her expression cold. The green skin covering her arms were blistered with horrific burns that began to close within seconds. Her first strike took him on the chin, snapping his head back and cracking a few of his teeth. A cry of rage flowed from his blood mouth. His wings snapped out, catching the air and throwing him away from Opal, the hardened bone at the ridges whipping toward her face. She responded by casually catching it in her hands. With an almost negligent motion, she snapped the bone across her knee and ripped the latter section of the wing from his body. Opal tossed it to the side, the bright red flesh fluttered to the ground like a banner. His blood hissed like oil in a pan where it fell on the stone.

Not giving him time to breathe or find his composure, she ducked forward.

"You fucking bitch! You're going to regret ever knowing that sad sack human!" His voice deepened into a throaty growl throughout his scream.

For the first time since the fight had started, her expression shifted, her eyes hooding with an unspoken promise of violence.

The clothing surrounding him ruptured, splitting like a squashed grape, turning into nothing more than a starburst of confetti around his expanding body. Opal bull-rushed him, crowding him with her body. A punch to his chest overbalanced him backwards. His recently transformed claws lashed out, just missing her face as she followed him to the ground. She landed punishing, jackhammer blows, onto his torso and neck. He continued to transform but let out gasps of what looked to be pain, each accompanied by a burst of thick black smoke. Finally he got big enough to throw her off him, tossing his neck like a bucking bronco.

Opal countered by looping her hands around his neck and squeezing tight. I could hear her muted roar of effort as she bore down on the glittering red tube reptilian flesh. Redclaw shuddered twice, fighting vainly, his brain desperate for oxygen rich blood before falling to the ground.

My orc released her hold on the way down, rolling with the impact and landing on her hands and knees in a ready position. Seeing the motionless but still breathing dragon, she narrowed her eyes, her knuckles cracking into fists. A snarl bent her face into a vicious expression. Rising, her toes bit into the smoking hot stone of the arena as she made to charge the downed dragon once more.

"The fight is over!" The announcer barked out, halting her advance.

I, and the rest of the crowd with me, were stunned by the relentless savagery shown by the orc. There was a beat of silence. Opal spun around, staring at various onlookers like she might attack them next. The applause was thunderous, a complete one-eighty to their earlier response.

"Jack Reynold's proxy is the victor." The feathered announcer floated over to Opal. "Would you like to state your name and something to your new fans?"

"No."

A fleeting expression of surprise and frustration crossed the announcer's face before it melted into a practiced smile that dripped charm. "Can we expect to see you in the arena on another day? Perhaps the free-for-all tournament this weekend?"

Opal took a deep breath to calm her emotions. "No."

Then, without another word, she spun on her heel and marched for the hall that led to the locker room. The crowd went absolutely nuts. The roar swelled into a crescendo of, what felt to me like a racist chant.

"Green, Skin! Green, Skin! Green, Skin!"

Tara had a satisfied smile on her face. She addressed her friend. "Wow, that was even more impressive than the last time we saw her."

"Yes. She's somewhat grown up from her time in the rookie leagues," Lily remarked.

"You could say that. I knew she would be good. But that was better than even I expected." Tara's thoughtful eyes turned toward me. "What did you say to her?"

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the enormous size of the downed dragon, sprawled out along the ground. Diana snapped her fingers, and a trio of attendants rushed to Vincent Redclaw's side. She followed at a more leisurely pace hopping over the metal barrier onto the returning sand back that was sliding back into the arena, riding it up to her one-time suitor.

Realizing I'd been asked a question, I replayed the moment in my mind. "... Uh. Nothing? Nothing that would lead to... that." I frowned. "Do you think she's okay? Don't you think she seemed... strange?... Or something, there at the end? I think we should go check up on her." I went to do just that.

Tara snagged my arm and spun me around to pull me into a kiss. I stiffened for a moment before melting into her gentle heat. Her ears twitched happily along with her twinkling eyes. "I'm proud of you," she said, wiggling her nose up against mine.

"Huh?"

"You were sensitive to her emotions and went to go comfort her, very hot."

"Huh?" I repeated eloquently.

"You're making great strides from the closed off, bitter young man I bumped into in that hallway."

Huh. I guess she's right.

"Awww," Lily cooed, making doe-eyes at the both of us. "You two are just too cute."

Tara and I blushed together.

I fled from the room, Tara trailing after as I retraced the path I'd taken back to the locker room. The mixture of humans, creatures, and humanoid-creatures chattered excitedly as they discussed the bout. Tara surprised me by pulling her hand from mine just outside the entrance to where I could feel Opal waiting.

"What-"

"Go in. I'll join you in a second. She needs you right now, not me. I'd just muddle things."

Huh?

Regardless of my confusion, Tara had yet to steer me wrong. "Okay, but first." It was my turn to surprise her by leaning into a kiss, my tongue slipping between her parted lips. She tasted as sweet as ever.

"Wha... What was that for?" she asked with wonder. Her tail fluffed happily behind her against the wall.

"That was for being right. She won. We won. No more liches kidnapping me seeking my blood, or dragon's impugning my honor and chasing after a girl who only wants me for my baby batter." Tara snorted at the crude I kissed her cute little nose. "Just you, me, and Opal with some time to get comfortable with each other and navigate this tangled but thrilling relationship I've found with you two." My chest felt light as I moved by her, missing the heavy look that invaded the corner of her eyes.

I entered the locker room, excited by Opal's victory and annoyed that they hadn't warned me about how much pain she would have to endure. Opal was positioned in nearly the exact same way she'd been the first time I'd pushed through the swinging door. Only this time she was smoking.

Literally.

Smoke drifted from patches of her dark grey skin that was still in the process of transitioning into her normal healthy-green coloring. She seemed surprisingly subdued after such a one-sided victory. I didn't sense any satisfaction from her. Just regret and fear. "Hey Opal. Congrats on the win." At my voice her back stiffened and her interlaced fingers clenched in her lap.

"Were you watching?" she asked huskily.

"Yeah. You were..."

Amazing. Astounding. Impressive. Like a demigoddess of war descended upon this earth to wreak vengeance upon those of us who have sinned.

What came out was a tepid, "Something else."

That seemed to be the wrong thing to say, as she curled up further around her core. The fear was sharp and acidic through our bond.

What is she scared of?

"Do you... think differently of me?"

Oh. Oh Opal.

I started to move as she continued speaking.

"I know that humans aren't used to that kind of violence. And I wouldn't be surprised if you looked at me differently because-"

I knelt in front of her, covering her athletic-taped knuckles that smelled of earthy sulfur. "I don't know if I ever told you this, but you are beautiful."

She gaped down at me. Her beautiful brown eyes full of hope and fear in equal measure.

I kissed her knuckles a trio for each, my eyes never leaving hers. "And I find you beautiful even though you can beat me six ways to Sunday. I like you even though- Nay, because you spent five minutes beating the snot out of a giant lizard who will think twice before he challenges a stranger to a duel."

Opal snorted at the disrespectful description of the dragon. I gently threaded my smaller fingers between her larger green ones. The arousal that I'd sensed swimming in the background began to bubble to the forefront of my orc's awareness.

Sex and violence. These are the things that make up the backbone of Opal's identity.

"I didn't mind when I saw these lovely hands striking that scaled hide. I thought they were glorious. I thought you were amazing out there, and as embarrassing as these things are to say-" The tips of my ears felt cherry red and were probably a similar color. "-and they are embarrassing, very very embarrassing. Still..." I placed a lingering kiss on the inside of her wrist. "I find I don't mind it so much. It's too important to me that you know them. It's important to me that you know I see you as beautiful and your strength doesn't take away from that." My heart somehow remained steady in my chest.

It's because it's her. The woman who would place herself in front of a dragon for me.

I smiled a shy smile just for her and met her eyes again. "You are important to me, Opal. And you shouldn't be scared that I see that side of you. Any side that you wish to show me, I will endeavor to accept with all my heart."

"Master, I... I..." Words failed her and she resorted to a language she understood more naturally. Tilting forward she drove us both to ground, unintentionally mirroring the positioning she used on Vincent Redclaw but for our still connected hands. She mashed her face against mine, her lips almost bruising in their insistence. I yielded to her passion, letting her vent her emotions as they came to her.

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere, we can take our time." Is what I said. My eyes still glanced towards the two entrances in the room. It was quick enough that Opal didn't notice. She looked at me like I was her entire world. It filled me with a rush of affection and mothering desires.

And responsibility. As formidable as she is on the battlefield, here she is fragile and needs protection and care.

It felt... good. Surprisingly good, to be needed like this. Her time in captivity had left its mark and it would take time for her to grow comfortable with seeking support again.

"What if... Would you mind..." Her firm body ground up against mine. I don't think she was aware she was doing it, her body acting entirely on instinct as her mind worked to find the words. I remained silent, giving her the time she needed to do so. "I know it's not... Could you maybe take charge?"

I swallowed tightly and nodded eagerly. "That would be fine with me." This prompted another round of savage kisses, her tusks slick and exotic as they pressed into the edges of my lips. Her lung capacity proved the greater, which I discovered when my chest began to beg me for oxygen. I wiggled my face until she finally got the hint and released me. I sucked in huge breathes of air. She looked worried before she saw my dazed but satisfied expression. A giggle slipped from her, surprising the both of us. Such a delightful, innocent noise coming from such a fierce package was both endearing and adorable. She pinched her lips together and I couldn't resist rising up to kiss her nose. It wasn't enough. I finally unthreaded our fingers and took her face in my hands so that I could better kiss the many sections of her dirty but lovely face.

She blushed bashfully at the overly-cute display of affection. Lightly panting, she ground her mons into my stiff erection. The damp spot in her shorts soaked through my jeans in a flattering dark stain.

"Maybe we should get our clothes off," I remarked with a light tone.

She nodded vigorously. "That would be good."

Her fingers fumbled with my jeans, the angle awkward for her.

But good for me.

My view was filled with the sweat-glistening valley of her breasts. Before she could get frustrated, I took over, slipping the one button through the loop and unzipping the entire length in a smooth rasp. My toes hooked the heels of my shoes as I kicked them from my feet. I slithered my hips, hooking my thumbs through the waistline and pushing down, the motion awkward with the distracting weight pressing down on me. I managed despite the obstacles. It was Opal's turn to take off her clothes, which she did by absently ripping them off her body. She then stopped, looking at me patiently.

What is she... Oh right.

With a light effort I heaved us over, tipping her onto her back. The need in her eyes drove me to hurry. I went to insert my cock into her when things went awry.

As I was positioning myself, my socks slipped on the tile floor and I flopped onto Opal's stomach. My cock was unfortably squished between our bodies. I caught myself in my hand before our heads smacked together. Panic and humor made me snort quick bursts of air out my nostrils. I let out a relieved sigh and set my chin against the nape of her neck while she softly stroked her hand through my hair.

She continued playing with my locks. "You're sweet, Master. I don't deser-"

I regained my composure, though my chest still thumped from the excitement. "You deserve so much more than what I can give you. But, I'm doing my best, so I guess that counts for something."

"It does. You're right..." Her words changed into a soft smile. "Thank you, Master. But if you could..." She wiggled her hips between us.

"There she is, my sexy little orc."

She shivered, obviously pleased with the possessiveness.

"I'm doing my best all right." Making sure I was stable with both my hands on the ground in a push-up position, I levered my crotch off of her firm body. Scared of slipping again, I tried in vain to line up our sexes without the use of a hand before succumbing and asking for help. "Ummm... A little assistance?" I waggled my drooling tip across her lovely green skin.

"Of course, Master. Nothing would please me more."

"I already said I'm doing me best," I grumbled. We both chuckled, sharing the joke.

Her fingers were rough but gentle as she placed me at her entrance. A gentle flex of her bum and my head slipped into her pussy.

Neither of us were in any mood to wait.

I set about thrusting into her, my hips and back bowing to get the angle that caused her eyes to spark with pleasure. Her heels dug into my upper thighs. Her hands bounced between running through my hair and clawing at my back. The red lines painted by her fingernails faded, my body absorbing the matrix of her energy and incorporating it, accelerating my healing just in time for the next set of organic art created by her passion.

I continued to gently thrust into her. The nape of my neck tickled, the feeling of being watched coalescing across my senses. I didn't alter my motions or divert my gaze. Her beautiful brown eyes were the most important thing in the world to me in the moment.

Opal needs me. Even if I am being watched, it doesn't matter.

My arms held up impossibly well, my muscles reinforced by Opal's energy and the connection we'd forged over the short time we'd been together. My orc's mouth was wide and her breathing deep, which did delightful things to her tight, perky breasts. Not one to just passively accept what she wanted, her instinctive subservience made it important that she ensured my pleasure too. Taking the underside of one of her breasts, she groped herself for both of our benefits.

I opened my mouth to say something, some cheesy line about how she was beautiful or precious. While true, it felt wrong in the moment. We were sharing something profound. I groaned as she flexed her pussy around my cock, stalling my hips in their retreat with her tight core. She smiled that tusky smile at me, inordinately pleased with my pleasure. I responded by lowering myself down to my elbows. This brought her face into kissing distance. I exploited this fact with relish. Opal retaliated by lowering her hands to my ass. After groping me for a second, she hoisted her hips up to meet me. Her self impalement on my dick pushed me over the edge. I finished inside her, my hips flexing as I wiggled inside her tight warmth.

Her success was enough to drive her over the edge. Pussy fluttering, she turned her head to the side and sank her teeth into my bicep. Inhaling deeply, I released my breath in a long exhale, the sweat on the curve of her collarbone wiggling under the stream of air. My jaw tingled strangely as we both blinked sleepily under the lingering effects of our orgasms.

My fears proved to be well founded as it turned out that we did have a voyeur observing our post-fight sexual stress relief session. She gave herself away by the gentle warmth that pulsed from the emotional bond that tied all three of us together into sexy mutually-affectionate bondage. Looking back over my shoulder, I saw Tara leaning against the wall next to the door. Her heel was wedged against the door ensuring our privacy from that direction.

Opal noticed my divided attention and traced my gaze back to Tara. Something in her shifted, the languorous warmth souring. Her panic made me panic.

What did I do wrong?

Opal began to cry, silent tears soaking her rough hands that covered her expression.

I rolled off her body, my fingers twitching.

How do I help her? How do I fix this?

"Opal, talk to me please? What's wrong?" I pleaded. I knelt next to her, feeling like the biggest asshole in the universe.

She didn't respond. Instead she pulled her knees up around to her chest and rolled onto her side.

Abandoning her guard post on the door, Tara slid to her knees next to us. She scooped the two of us into her arms, surrounding us with the warmth of her tail. She addressed Opal first. "Don't fight it. It's okay to feel. You went through a trial. We are here for you. Just live in the moment. We are not going anywhere."

Opal's crying intensified but remained scarily quiet, her body occasionally wracked with sobs.

Then our kitsune turned toward me. "And you. You did good. Don't dismiss your instincts just because of your inexperience and insecurities. There's nothing to fix because nothing is wrong. Our lovely green gem here is just experiencing a bit of emotional whiplash. It happens. All we need to do is comfort her until it subsides." She stroked the sweaty green brow lovingly. "The euphoria and adrenaline that came from the fight and sex has left her feeling vulnerable and that probably comes close to memories she is still working to process."

Opal's tears were beginning to taper off. She was also brave enough to uncover her face to reach up with one hand. I covered her hand with my own. Her grip was bruisingly tight but I didn't even think about letting her know. Tara covered the backside of Opal's hand rubbing softly at our conjoined junction with her thumb.

"As old as I am, as fierce as Opal is, as immortal as that lich-"

I frowned at her, narrowing my eyes.

"As immortal as Olivia is, we are still people where it counts. As you continue to learn more about this society, that is probably the most important thing to remember. Even if we don't look it, we are all of us susceptible to similar whims of nature," Tara informed me gently. She kissed Opal's cheek and the orc's hand clenched in what I interpreted as a thankful manner.

I began to slowly stroke her neck with my free hand. "I understand. We're not going anywhere, Opal," I promised.