All Comments on 'One Bad Year'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments (Page 2)
AhboomAhboom10 months ago

Nice story, mistakes were made from both of them

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He's to blame for her actions in the same way that a rape victim is to blame for the rapists actions.

And you're just as smart as people who claim that (obviously victims are exempt).

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Chit story

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

So, the lesson here is cheat on your husband and he will work out to improve his looks, cook and clean for you, and take you out for fancy meals. Well, all right then. Time to cheat some more.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great advert for working out. Though I wonder how this story would be received if it was about how a man fell out of love with his wife after she got fat from being pregnant.

I'm also sure all the bitter cucks on here think she should be kicked to the curb and burnt for even thinking about being unfaithful, let alone starting and emotional affair.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Slobs should be cucked if their wife is hot. Law of the world, if you can't be arsed to make the effort you don't deserve the hottie.

Marriage doesn't mean you can turn into a disgustingly ugly, lazy scumbag. Especially true if you're not bringing in the money.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oooh, you aren’t going to be very popular with the BTB’s after writing a story like this. Not every story needs the wife to end up destitute, in jail, in a Mexican whore house, or dead (but if you want five stars one of these four endings is a sure way to get them) Thanks for writing your own story, and ignore the negative stuff from all of the women haters.

Thanks for your time and effort. KS

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

Hey, TraLaLa, how can you fight alongside her when she's already gone over to the other side?

RodzzzRodzzz10 months ago

Was she worth fighting for? She was in an intimate relationship with another man whether they had sex or not. Not the kind of woman you'd want as a wife.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Ingrid is a pig. She had issues with her husband who she professes to love, yet instead of talking to her husband, she went to another man...while she said she never had sex with him...she did...she kissed him. A betrayal to her husband and the ultimate disrespect. I would have dumped the bitch..but obviously the husband has no balls and is a massive wimp. Once a cheater always a cheater

ohyessssssohyessssss10 months ago

A loving wife would have spoken with her husband and encouraged him to get past losing his job and his confidence. Granted, she supposedly, never had sex. But, she was definitely cheating. Lunches, dinners, Frank discussions and intimate kissing do not pass the marriage test. He cured himself, eventually. It was his actions that changed her, not really anything of her own doing. I personally think she stepped over the line. Is she really trustworthy?…… I’m not so sure.

fritz51fritz5110 months ago

I could never warm up to Ingrid.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Delightful! 5*.

NitpicNitpic9 months ago
Rubbish

Rubbish that the firm gave her a verbal warning.Why would they do it after her and Will stop seeing each other.?For it to be correct they should have been warned whilst they were carrying on and if wasn't affecting anyone's work it was totally unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, a lesson for all the lazy bums that think that being married means they don't have to work at their relationship and themselves.

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

Great writing! A new fan for sure

ironman1017ironman10179 months ago

Seriously? This guy finds out his wife is cheating on him and he does nothing except work hard to win her back? LOL, starting to pull his weight in the relationship is one thing but this “Omg, I’m so happy she paid more attention to me than her boyfriend today”…..she basically got to cheat on him and get off without even a slap on the wrist. With the lackadaisical way he reacted towards her this time, she’ll probably cheat on him again in the future. Him being lazy isn’t suddenly license to cheat. Not to mention the husband hardly showed any real pain or anger at all, seemed extremely unrealistic. Not a story for me. Best of luck with your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A well-written story with realistic characters and - for a change - a positive spin. I can understand how the BTB crew will not like this story, but understanding and self-examination can work and are often the more adult approach. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Get yourself right and dump the bitch, damn sure don't have children with her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’ve cheated, and been cheated on. I’ve lied and been lied to. But we’ve come through and just celebrated 34 years of marriage. I can understand the BTB urge and I can see that it’s sometime an equitable solution. But a steady diet of hate destroys the hater more surely than the object of the hate. But I can give a personal witness that RAAC is soo much better if it can be achieved.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well the husbands a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I practiced "trust but verifiy" every day of my now 49 year mariage. I never had any reason to. I think she was aware of it but we never talked about. M mother had 4 husbands. One lasted only one year. Her 2 best husbands died, one early and the last at 90 yrs aftre 30 yrs wed. I'm proud I wed an angel. She made me. I allways wanted one wife and I think I am going to make it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He can't dump the whore she's got his balls in her purse and she'll take them with her

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

Great story. She had a plan B, he didn't that's normal.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Emotional affairs are worse than sexual ones. Sometimes sex is just sex cause you're horny. Emotions are feelings of caring, loving etc. That is reserved for your spouse, period.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

I have to agree with the anon that said an emotional affair is worse he is completely correct you have a emotional affair there is no chance of coming back from that she has chosen to give her heart and love to another man while I do also disagree with his view on a physical affair either way there is no chance of being forgiven a emotional affair is the build up to a romantic physical affair and relationship means they had there stint of the emotional and went to the physical they knownally gave there love to someone who is not there spouse so no there is no chance to be forgiven and no chance of staying or getting back together for they knownally and willingly Broke the trust and the wedding vows that state forsaking all others once that part of the vow is broken by the spouse the other is now free of that contract

KRD19254KRD192547 months ago

2nd read: He was a wimp, what is the BS he needs to "win her back"? He got frumpy and over-weight and her solution is to find a boyfriend for an emotionally CHEATING shoulder? This is her solution!@#$%&*

\

I realize this is an unrealistic fantasy story butttttt. They got their two beautiful lil-ones and all is wuvy-dovy, kissy-kissy, holding hands, and all is happy happy forever - BULL. IF she was that flighty and flippant with the marriage and NOT willing to talk to her husband to fix it - she will CHEAT again but now with kids to suffer. What happens when the next office Romeo flirts? Or hubby gains back some weight from all the good Italian cooking?

\

And what the hell no birth control - a planned trap to remain married?

\

This story seemed to need to check all the LW CHEAT/RAAC boxes to give us a Hallmark moment. Bah humbug - get real.

\

2** hooyah almost

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

No adults in this story...and only feminized men.

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

I go to kiss her and she turns so I kiss her cheek and she left without a goodbye.

Yeah that line there makes a raac impossible not sure if the writer knew what they was doing when they wrote that I hope so bc it was very "telling"

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

Will hell lol u didn't consider the Mc to be a complete lush. I guess a raac could happen with that kind of person. a sad one but I guess it works for those types

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

Yeah sorry had to stop when he was actually happy that she HAD to eat it or he would get suspicious

TommywinklesTommywinkles6 months ago

Enjoyed this story the only thing that puzzled me was when they were having sex and when Jack told ingrid he new she was seeing Will I don't think she would have continued having sex, I think she would have stopped and jumped up. Maybe I am wrong. but I did enjoy the storyline.

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Well written but still needed proofreading! Was a good story, thank you. 5 BIG FAT STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story...for once the normal people win out.

jocko_smithjocko_smith6 months ago

Why do you have to "win back" an emotional cheater ? If she had a problem with their relationship, talking it out BEFORE screwing around might have been a good idea.

Whether she had intercourse with another is a truly moot point.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Odd story. Emotional affairs are devastating especially long ones. She have Will all the means to drive a wedge. But while being with Will may have hastened it, she had already fallen out of love with her husband for sundry reasons. And yet while she led Will on eventually with flirting kissing, and planned Italy trip to achieve her "dreams", she never loved Will either. Just yanking his chain. Her Yeats were meant to lure Will in and manipulate him so she coukd find a way out of her marriage but she was using Will and did not love him, though she felt beholden to Will and figured she would have to hav sex with Will in Italy as a firm of reward for taking her there. But that is just odd. Seriously sounds like she was really unhappy in her marriage, so just get a divorce. She put hubby through an emotional meat grinder, though he only learned near the end of her emotional affair, and led Will along ang rug pulled on him (though he is a douche for chasing a married woman). Bot sure how you use counseling to get out if this. Made more weird by how he spent four weeks pursuing her and winning her back, and they finally have sex during a loooong dry spell, during which he lowers the boom on knowing her secret. Quite crazy. Not sure to sort that circus of monkeys

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This has all the earmarks of a beta cuck story...She has an emotional affair and he thinks he should try and win her back? Beta Males all suffer from a lack of self esteem and respect for themselves...2 stars.

Calico75Calico755 months ago

A n excellent examination of emotional cheating and the damage it can do to a marriage even when it doesn't evolve into physically cheating.

moultonknobmoultonknob5 months ago

Why would you want to win her back? just dump the bitch and get on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I didn’t even get halfway through the first page. When the MC starting blaming himself, and making excuses for the traitor, I just skipped to the end, gave it one star, and wrote this comment.

It doesn’t matter if your spouse “let’s himself go”. That doesn’t justify adultery. First you talk with him about your concerns. Help him. Motivate him without nagging. Be the partner you promised to be. If he absolutely will not improve, and you are so shallow that you can’t handle it, then divorce him. Only after the divorce do you open your heart again.

She broke her vows, and has no excuse. He is pathetic for blaming himself and for staying with her. It’s that simple!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked the story. Before commenting on these srories I ead some of the previous comments and see that many people disagree with me. I think there are a lot of burn the bitch people out there with little empathy. He DID turn into a lazy slob and she DID emotionally abandon him. He made the first mood and got himself in good shape, both emotionly and physically. She then got her act together realizing what she had and wanted again. To me a satisfying end.

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

Not a bad story but one small glitch.....When he went to her work to take her to the Italian lunch he said he didn't know what Will looked like but at the beginning of the story when he was searching her phone he found pictures of them together with their arms around each other? There were also a few misspelled words. But still a *5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not a bad tale, actually quite enjoyable. However, it just screams for a good proofreader. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why do all majority of author's think only having sex is cheating? To me going out with someone,having late night dinner with someone who is not your husband and most importantly having an emotional affair, dude that's way worst. The trust is broken, I'm starting to think this author's who write have not experienced or have been married at all. As an author ask yourself are you guy's fine with your future spouses/wife having these types of affair? Not having sex,b it acting like these slutty wives, Cmon write somewhat realistic approach how the MC should handle, and why is the MC mad at himself if the wife is having an affair? He shouldn't be fighting, he already won her heart the moment they married, yes he could have maintained himself, but that's no excuse

moultonknobmoultonknob5 months ago

Why would you bother trying to win the bitch back, if she was seeing Will let him have her.

RuttweilerRuttweiler4 months ago
@moultonknob

He loved her. He also recognized that he played a large part in her disenchantment with him. He decided to fix himself, and when he did that, he became a better partner once again. And she fell back in love with him.

Your major point seems to be that he shouldn’t have to work in the relationship. Once he married her, that was it. She is obligated to love him.

Your problem is that you believe that all women are pretty much interchangeable. You just get one, and put her in the kitchen, and then you fucking own her. If she doesn’t provide satisfactory service, dump her and go get another one. Since you’re only using her services in the kitchen, the house work, and for fucking, any one bitch is pretty much the same as another. You couldn’t really give a fuck who they are as people, anyway. They’re just things to you.

You, and other garbage people like you, are what’s wrong with the world now.

NicealloverNiceallover4 months ago

It’s a good story and a happy ending to a necessary reconciliation. The story progresses nicely with great character development.However, I was surprised by Ingrid’s feeling that she owed her lover physical intimacy. I suppose it was because he offered her emotional comfort but It just didn’t seem like usual human behavior. I thought it strange that she went without any sex for a year while having both a husband and a lover. It seemed too contrived and detracted from reality.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

They were married but he let himself go, getting chubby & lazy in the process. She answered that with having an (at least) emotional affair, tho she says it wasn't sexual. It shouldn't have been emotional. The person to speak to is her husband, not Will. That's not to excuse her husband in any way; yes, he's partially responsible, but not as much as she is. The factor that she didn't talk to Jack puts most of the blame on him. She's his wife, so why??

Worse, she started getting better with hubby as he started getting in shape. But night after night she wouldn't have sex with him - until she saw the new & improved husband. Jack shouldn't have waited so long, but confronted her earlier with what he knew. (And the story didn't tell of him downloading her pictures/ talks with Will, so in the end, it's her word against his.

I'm happy there was reconciliation, but while conversation was minimal at best, there's no confrontation, nothing with Will, & him playing with himself too long before she wanted to have sex with him, which made him at least a little wimpish. For the story for this, 3 stars. Bob

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
I

Too like happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was painful to read. The guy was just a coward. If you have to win your wife back again, she's not worth keeping. You won her once, you don't have to win her again. If she had a problem with him, she should have let it be known, not have an emotional affair behind his back and planning to have sex with her lover. This guy was really a pussy. And pray tell how can one get in shape in such a short time. I guess in fantasy land anything is possible. "Ruttweiler"it's garbage guys like you, why women get away with cheating. It takes two to make a marriage, she gave up on it. End of discussion.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If he became so good, why MC settled with DAMAGED GOODS like his wife.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I honestly think you should revisit the premis for this story. Why would you write that a man should have to fight for a wife when she hadnt complained. This mc is really weak and gains no sympathy, hes bevaving just like a puppy who wags his tail when he gets a little attention. Seriously man did you start out to write something that would get bad criticism? in LW section you either get to be on the side of wife pimping perverts or men who want to be men.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Heres the point. Does him letting himself go justify her having an emotional affair? He should have confronted her early. Instead he uses the cuckold guide to try and win his marriage back. Doesn't really work for me..3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Don't like this one. The ones moving to Italy should be her and Will. He should have dumped her cheating ass as soon as he discovered what she was doing. Of course, Will would be moving minus his balls after he was touched up by our protagonist. He can work from anywhere and as he improves his looks and his income, he will find many females to share his life.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Your created a MC that is totally irredeemable. He handles everything like a spineless wimp. I especially liked the part where she gripped his arm and he was like "ow honey, you're hurting me". And then he finally gets up the courage to tell her while he's fucking her? Unbelievably stupid and unrealistic. She will always fantasize about Will as her husband isn't worth respecting.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Seriously awful. These are not people with any redeeming qualities. The husband is pathetic and his wife is garbage. A real man would have disfigured the wife and her boyfriend. All of them are lowlifes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Bad story...weak writer

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Only 2 stars he is totally pussy whipped and she cares only for herself. She cheats says sorry he forgives her and gives her everything she wants. She isn’t stupid she’s getting everything she wants until she gets bored again

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Huh? While I like a reconciliation as much as the the next guy, and despite her emotional affair with Will being really a way for her to exit the marriage, regardless she did check out of their marriage and fall out of love with her husband many months ago. And her relationship with Will, while not sexual and not reciprocal, was a factor in lowering her desire for her husband or for her wanting to work things out. She told her husband nothing, lied by omission, led Will along, and planned to torch her marriage sooner than later, even sooner if she went with Will to Italy. And her dreams were put on hold because of her husband's dreams? Wtf? The core problem is the MC should confronted her early and hashed things out, well.before a.month went by. And seriously how did he los a ton of.weight and bulk up in a little over a month. Also she was clueless about all the nasty rumors circulating her job. Ok maybe she just wanted out of the marriage, that is ger choice. But the way she did it was absurd and backstabbing, with nary an argument or request to her husband. And leading Will on and using him as a sort of moral scapegoat for her own betrayal. And the idea that she would go to Rome, because she loves Italy, but with Will and felt obliged to have sex with him if she went to Rome is gross. Seriously the MC could do a LOT better. Yet it was not possible for him to stand up for himself and once he finally confronted her, divorce wasn't something he was willing to contemplate. Hence the first sentence: "Huh?"

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I evidently liked this story more than most commentators. I do agree that the "win my wife back" trope is largely fantasy, especially when she's reached the point of having an emotional affair and I think this is the thing that rankles people the most. A slight change in Jack's motivations, like admitting that he was floundering and then when Ingrid left him he'd be broke, fat and a divorced loser would change things as it would be more justifiable that he was trying to set himself up so that he could walk away from the marriage with his pride intact. Also, since Ingrid was paying the bills, he'd have a good excuse to stay in the marriage as long as he could until he could stand on his own. The twist of course would be that all of the actions he would take would start to draw Ingrid back to him (because she does love him, even if she's disillusioned with their marriage). The irony would be that just as Ingrid is ditching Will and chasing after her husband, he would be in his best position to leave her - at that point, the power dynamic substantially changes and the story would probably "feel" alot better if they reconciled because rather than chasing her, Jack would have been just bettering himself for his own purposes. The other way to do this would be to tell everything POV from Ingrid's side and really drive home not just how badly Jack had been screwing up, but also how lost she feels and how she really doesn't like her relationship with Will, but doesn't know what to do. And make sure that she actually DOES try to help Jack before falling into her emotional affair, because that's one thing that really doesn't come through in the current story. Jack seems largely blameless because even though he is screwing up, his wife is not being honest with him about it. Everyone who sees that realizes it's unfair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Meh. The Anonymous from a month ago.hit the nail on the head. Jack can do better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Winning her back" = "RAAC" when she already checked out of the marriage without any discussion and was already in the emotional stage of an affair. Why trust her ever again ?

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

saved by the no sex part 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Pretty well done story. Yeah she was wrong to have an emotional affair, but from what we're told it wasn't her intention. She just needed some kind of outlet because her husband had let himself go and things just spiraled out of control. She should have talked to him instead and tried to fix the issues but hindsight is 20/20. Once she saw that her husband was making a serious effort in their marriage again, she realized she had to end her interactions with Will and commit back, too. And it worked out. This sure beats the stories where the wife is all physical in her affair and wanting to fuck some other guy because she feels old, unappreciated, has the need for strange cock because she married as a virgin, etc.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.