All Comments on 'One Bad Year'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
WisquejacWisquejac9 months ago

All in all a very nice story. Thanks.

PorterrhPorterrh9 months ago

MC seems a bit if a lap dog to me …. and that personal trainer who can get such remarkable results in 2 weeks is an absolute genius

CharetteCharette9 months ago

wow, es ist einiges falsch in dieser Geschichte... Also , dein Mann ist ein wenig mehr pummelig ... Sie nicht ? Sie sind immer noch so knackig und straff wie vor 5 Jahren ? Und es stimmt, der Mann wird mollig, verbrennt ihn ... während Männer jedes zusätzliche Pfund der Frau lieben müssen ...

CharetteCharette9 months ago

wow, there is a lot wrong in this story.... So , your husband is a little more chubby .... You are not ? You are still as crisp and toned as you were 5 years ago ? And it's true , the man gets chubby , burn it ... while men must love every extra pound of the woman ....

waltdeewaltdee9 months ago

A few minor quibbles on grammar but this has to be some of the best writing and storytelling in the genre. I enjoy a good BTB as much as the next guy, but I equally enjoy when a reconciliation story may be written in a plausible, believable manor.

No doubt you’ll get grief from those angry little men who live vicariously through stories where the cheating wife is laid low, but no one really should rejoice at the end of a marriage, even in fiction. Don’t listen to them. Write what you feel. And if you feel like writing a BTB, then go ahead and do that, also. You be you.

Good job!

demanderdemander9 months ago

OK. But what if she had sex with Will? Would our guy still toss her to the curb? He says he would. I'm not so sure. D

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

During the counseling, did they ever discuss the meaning of her being so very overt at work about her affair? Was she intentionally burning her bridges? Were her co-workers actually angry after she broke the young man's heart? How did that affect her worklife going forward?

TwentysevenTwentyseven9 months ago

Sweet. Two people who care about each other.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This MC was the epitome of a born cuck! Marriage has to be worked on by two people! What did the spouse do? She found a lover … maybe only emotionally? But she came home and masturbated to his thoughts right?? And the stupid wimp MC?? Feels happy that she is coming back to him! Disgusting troupe!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thank you for a very insightful examination of how marriages can fall apart and for giving hope that two genuine people can undo the damage.

njlaurennjlauren9 months ago

I think this is a good story of how a marriage can fall apart. Affairs often start as emotional affairs, especially with women, the LW trope with the wife looking for sex like a horny teenager is not the reality.

Obviously some of this is real fiction, like getting buff in a couple of weeks..In reality it would be Ingrid noticing he is trying that helps turn it around.

What is interesting in the story is Ingrid doesn't even try to hide she is having an emotional affair, which part of me would say it shows she is torn. She is in the throws of the affair , esp if she is masturbating to the thought of will, and other things like her coldness to Jack is evident. It is like she wanted to be caught, which kind of is telling she is telling the truth when she feels conflicted.

The thing with the company at the end is far fetched , I have worked in corporate world for many years, unless her work performance was bad, they wouldn't care about an affair..likewise I don't think coworkers would be mad at her thinking she hurt will. In reality if anything some would be pissed at her for having an affair, while most might be mildly disapproving or indifferent.

In the end what makes the story work is that there is a real reconciliation. They both recognize their own part of it , while Ingrid realizes she is mostly to blame bc she didn't talk to Jack, she didn't talk to him about him drifting, not caring ( and quite honestly, she is not stupid, that is not laziness, that is him slipping into depression).

They also realize the old relationship was dead, that too much of it was based in secrets and just getting by, they had to create a new one. One loose end in the story is Will and Ingrid, how they could work together after this.

One funny thing reading this and getting confused. When he talked about hanging up the laundry to dry, it puzzled me, especially when he talked about using a trainer in Asbury Park. It was only later I realized this was the UK. In the US most ppl use clothes driers, don't hang them up to dry,but from what I have learned it is still common in the UK. Asbury Park was confusing because besides a place in the UK, it is a somewhat famous shore town in NJ, the state Iive in.

Overall good story.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

A yr of emotional cheating and nothing physical happened? Sorry but not buying that and should get a post nup

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

They both made stupid mistakes but after getting their heads out of their asses, they got their acts together and made it. They could afford to move to Italy but couldn’t afford a clothes dryer?

Omegaman56Omegaman569 months ago

I’ve seen this many times Men quite being men and husbands and think they’re wife is ther mother.

BrentJWBrentJW9 months ago

So it's ok for the wife to look elsewhere if the husband is too heavy and doesn't earn enough money? Once he got back in shape and made more she respects him again. Pretty true to life.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Well told story that felt like it really happened, and maybe it did. No glaring composition errors. Little heavy on narrative at times but storyline flowed well. 4.6*

MightyheartMightyheart9 months ago

Good one.

4.5/5

Realistic & Nice.

VersatekVersatek9 months ago

Nicely written. Not quite a 5 for me, but better than a 4. Geez, can we get picky! 🤪

AccelarVesterAccelarVester9 months ago

What a delightful story. A husband takes positive action to be the man he should be. The wife recognized the error of her ways.

No BTB, super secret spies, etc. Just folks trying to live their lives just a litter better today than yesterday.

Hooked1957Hooked19579 months ago

Nicely done. A 5 despite some editing issues. Definitely a feel-good ending.

Now the tough part: please write another.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So we have yet another self flagellating MC who is so convinced of his own unworthiness that he actually excuses his wife's decision to cheat on him and we have a wife who, rather than voicing her fears and concerns about the health of their marriage with her husband decides instead to skip all that boring talking and go straight for the toy boy option. I wouldn't give a rat's for either of them. Just makes me grateful I've got a loyal wife who forgives me for not being as young and gorgeous as I was when we first met, just as I do her.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I did appreciate the author's knowledge of the Italian language and spelling. I remember reading another author who tried to show off his Italian and tripped himself up by giving one of his characters the Spanish name 'Carlos' instead of the Italian 'Carlo'. Little things like that can really help a story along.

Shepard_N7Shepard_N79 months ago

Did not like this at all.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Epilogue: Once Ingrid knew hubby was a sissy cuck and not the father of her daughter, she kept fucking Will behind his back and they produced a boy. She had bluffed her idiot husband successfully by demanding the DNA test which is foolishly said wasn't necessary. It was only years later when Guila was in the hospital for a simple procedure that the blood test showed he wasn't the dad. He cried and cried, but Ingrid just laughed at how easily she'd used him all these years. Finally, she had the complete upper hand, divorcing him and taking him to the cleaners financially. Jack was nothing by a pathetic wimp and got exactly what he deserved. Had he kicked her skank ass to the curb when he should have, none of this ever would have happened.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is a fiction site so whatever, but they never come back to you remotely whole and this is a story with an ending that can’t happen.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor639 months ago

Well thought out story. The husband was on the weak side.. Man, Ingrid was a shallow, narcissist. Her husband runs into a problem with his job and gaines a little weight and she immediately takes up with another man. She does not support him, but falls out of love and moves on. I hate to see what she would do if he got cancer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I dont see how he could keep her, she was all but out the door.

Thats a long term affair.

Even her coworkers knew she was cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Do yourself a favor. When the BTB “fuck the cuck” crowd inevitably piles in and gives you shit, just remember that they’re infants that hate themselves even more than they hate women. Great story, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

While the content probably angered a certain set of readers, the story itself was quite good when allowing for some grammar errors. I would normally have not liked the MC, but l liked that he was in no position to win the battle to keep his wife that he saw unfolding. He took action and chose the time and place to strike back. Much of the blame is on the wife who stopped communicating and withheld her life goals. The real wimp was Will who had no game outside of using her fascination with Italy as an attack point. He only had his early success because the wife was vulnerable enough to convince him he had little to no competition. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I love my wife but no way would I look at my having a down year and gaining some weight as being the reason she cheated. I also would expect her to say something, even a threat if need be. As for taking it upon myself to win her back? He questioned it and decided YES. That is on him. I would confront her and say sorry but I am out. IF she would want to not divorce then she needs to leave that company. Going to Italy is good as long as there is no communication with her lover and I would still need to keep an eye on her.

kirei8kirei89 months ago

He was married to a self serving taker, a selfish " me only " person. As long as whathe did pleased her, all was well. Fortunately for their relationship, he was a born "pleaser". He was a cuckish wimp who would eventually forgive her anything,even sex outside the marraige. The story leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Had you continued the story, she would have went in search of a big cock just to see what it was like, after the kids left home.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

I don't believe in "winning her back." You already "won" her, if she no longer wants to be yours, let her go. This goes along with "fighting for her or the marriage." The person who should be fighting for the marriage is the one putting it at risk.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Decently written —- one of my main quibbles is the timeline…you had this guy go from slob to buff in about a month 😎. As well, readers got very little insight into how it had gotten so bad prior to him discovering about Will on tne phone that triggered his month long transformation into the Hulk. Finally…it was very VERY annoying to read about how Ingrid kept going to the bathroom to masterbate…loudly….while readers had to accept that SHE thought HE couldn’t hear?

.

But the real weakness of the story was having to accept how Jack could have been so besotted with this extremely immature and shallow loser of a wife….who “fell out of love” with the guy when things got a little tough for her husband….and then fell back in love when he loses a few pounds and feeds her some Italian cuisine. Just absurd. Jack was a character right out of Cagavagurl’s universe —- a super cuck 😎

.

And she was consumed with all thing Italian but never shared that with Jack?

.

Nice story….but it was about 2 losers.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Have you ever considered PROOF READING??

It gives a chance to weed out the stupidities that have crept into what you HAVE written as opposed to what you INTENDED to write!

Example - "Ingrid, you told me that when you talked to Will about me you said you talked about putting your dreams on hold while I mine were. What did you mean by that?"

'while I mine were'?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you. *****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another good example of what makes a Loving Wives story a Loving Wives story. Take note of what it does not involve:

No bbc worship (not talking about British television)

No wife being sold off by her black pimp or pulling trains

No husband humiliation by his wife or her bull

No bdsm or wife being dominated by a 'master'

No incest with a brother or father in law

No wife demanding her husband perform gay acts on her bull

No motorcycle club creating a drug addicted slut

No poker night loss of a wife due to husband's stupidity

No wife accepting a position as corporate whore

No FETISHISM

And most importantly, NO STARS LOST for including in Loving Wives any of the things above which already have categories to post them in. Five (5) Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think she went about her problem the wrong way . A woman getting dissatisfaction from her marriage and finds herself talking to a younger man is never likely to end well .

Trouble is , for her , how to mention her state of mind without having her husband going off on one .

No one enjoys being told they've let themselves go . They're getting fat . Sex is getting to be a turn off .

If she was to just come out and say what's on her mind he's likely to stomp off to a pub and after a few pints be open to all sorts of crazy ideas from the other guys ( read Losers ) .

Most women are way more subtle than her . She's lucky he loves her and their marriage saved .

Rayjag1980Rayjag19809 months ago

I gave story 3*s, mostly due to the unrealistic storyline. Emotional cheating is just as bad as physical cheating, maybe worse. If she was having an emotional relationship for as long as this story went, with the denying of her husband as she did, there would be very little hope for the marriage.

The authors that use the statement from the wife, "you didn't fight for me," is stupid and unrealistic. A man shouldn't have to fight for his wife, why should he fight for something anyone can have? If she's willing to open her emotions up for another man, she isn't worth keeping. What's keeping her from the next emotional affair?

The MC's wife in this story, didn't even talk to him regarding her feelings or his letting himself go. She opened herself up to an emotional affair. A better ending would have been a long separation, with maybe reconciliation, maybe divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story but I have a problem with the relationship: why did he have to make up for her issue? She got bored or put off and had an emotional affair. What happens the next time she gets bored? He shouldn't have to work overtime to get her 'back'. She should want to honor her vows and stay (or GTFO).

Rwg7Rwg79 months ago

Damn fine story. Nice to have a reconciliation story, far too few of those.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Who would want to live like that? Once the trust is gone, that's it. DNA or no DNA, get a divorce and pay child support if you have to but let someone else raise the wife and kid. You'd drive yourself into an early grave with the stress alone. Bad ending.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

3 stars for an average LW story.

I also do not agree with the time lines of this story. It would have taken at least 2 to 3 years of major ass-kissing to undo all the destruction this wife did to her marriage - if not longer. The TRUST in the relationship was gone - she completely destroyed that. He should have forced her to move to another company, because it would be impossible for him to believe that the ASSHOLE was no longer a problem. Yes, a post-nupt agreement should have been mandatory, before any RAAC could be considered.

His miraculous make over? That would have taken years as well.

About the sexual predator, that 'cries' when he sees his object of lust kissing her own husband - that NEVER happens. He would be cranking up his supposedly ALPHA mantra to overcome any resistance she tried to put into place to stop him - even to the point of violence, or blackmail. No, that just did not add anything to the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She could have fucked Will and he still would have kept her. That's what limp dick pussies do. There wasn't a man anywhere in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

With some pitfalls, still a love story. Well told. Five stars

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was an enjoyble story. For anyone trying to lose weight, eating spaghetti does not help.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Get the paternity test, why would he believe a word she said. She lied and hid too much from him. Author didn't convince me she EVER loved her husband. What were the consequences for Will? The wife stood up for Will even at the end?

BlueEyd2BlueEyd29 months ago

I didn't understand the game playing. Why, when he first found out about her affair didn't he confront her instead of lying? What did he gain by not confronting her and pushing for counseling, which is where they ended up. He assumed he knew what the problem was and went to fix it while risking everything because his wife might have taken things farther with her 'boyfriend'.

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

Never play the "pick me" dance. It never usually works, and is a humiliating waste of time.

In reality, she would have jumped into bed with the AP way sooner than that.

-

This should have ended with the husband divorcing the cheating slut, then using his ripped new physique to date beautiful young women.

Nothing would've hurt the ex-wife more than being replaced by a hot girl a decade younger than she was. It would've driven her insane with jealousy, and guaranteed that she throw herself at the husband, begging for another chance.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A decent story, but nothing great. It was pretty clear that she never really loved him, but loved the persona he presented before and after his overly lazy period. On the other hand, it was pretty clear that it wasn't so much that he loved her but instead he was simply too lazy to find a woman who actually loved him back. In a way, I guess they were perfect for each other...

One thing that remained especially confusing was who initiated the cessation of sex between them. It doesn't make sense for it to be him, at least prior to his knowledge of her affair, but she acts like he cut her off instead despite it predating his discovery.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This felt pretty real. Perhaps even an autobiographical account??. Although both parties were failing the other, her path was far more egregious. A spouse has the obligation to help the other and she didn't do that, but rather selfishly started down the betrayal path. Not sure I would've handled it the way he did, but kudos for a well-told story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She asked management to not punish will for his part in creating a toxic work environment? And Jack is OK with that? Any guy would see that as his wife choosing her boyfriend over him. That would absolutely be a major point of contention, especially if he didn't kick the shit out of the guy who almost ended the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cheating for a YEAR and he takes her BACK? Just a RAAC.

Wasn't there something about richer, poorer, better, worse" that the bitch FORGOT?

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

A whole story about doing the "pick me" dance. Just put the fucking fear of God into Will and follow through if necessary.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. The BTB crowd won't like it, but screw them.

He knew it was his behaviour that turned her away from him, he did something about it. Her affair was emotional in that she needed someone to talk to, the younger man thought he was in with a real chance.

Probably more true to life than a lot of people will admit.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. Only gave you 4* due to all of the writing errors within it. Get an editor please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Dump her and move on. Take that money for the counselor, and apply where it's actually needed, to the best divorce attorney you can find.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Overall, well done. But it seemed a little … quick? easy? without complications? He works out for a month and she’s in love with him again again? And the part I KNOW couldn’t happen as written is that his abs appear and man boobs disappear in just two weeks?! Stories, even those in fantasy/sci-fi need to be somewhat realistic.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Now that’s what I call a good story with a happy ending. Yes it could happen in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It’s so obvious hear you have a great to life story with a happy ending .and those BTB crowd only want blood. This was 5 stars. Yet its readers gave it less than 4. I say burn the bitch crowd of women haters.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You need to vary his sentence construction and style at times. In the first paragraphs, every sentence reads alike, creating an annoying meter and cadence: too many short, simple, similarly-written, declarative sentences are distracting and uninteresting. Besides being easy to fix, the payoff is exponential. While technically correct, stylistically, it ruins the flow and pacing of a story. This is especially bad at the beginning, where reader interest is the main goal.

-

Overall, this is a GREAT story--one of the best in recent memory. The spat between Ingrid and Will over the left-over was imaginative genius. Kudos, mad props, and congratulations for avoiding all the puking, crying, getting drunk, and running away/ghosting plot devices of 90% of the LW offerings. Likewise, MC not having a retired Special Branch, SAS/SBS, or MI5 pal to help exact revenge. Hell, that earned a 4.5 right up front.

-

This paragraph is an excellent recap: >>Throughout the week, she had gone from hostile to worried to awkward, and for the first time, I felt she was relaxing around me. I was sure I was winning, but I still had a long way to go.<< Too many writers on this site decide to retell the reader what they just spent fifteen minutes or longer reading. Trusting your reader is something that most LW writers have trouble doing.

-

The "climactic" moment was another piece of superb writing. Talk about the ultimate "reveal!"

-

Understand that casting your bread upon the Loving Wives Waters with anything less than a nuclear immolation BTB on steroids with a turbo-drive is to have your work declared "cuck sh*t". Clearly, you are a good writer--don't be dissuaded or discouraged by the rabble (rhymes with babble)--they all vote, but scores, hundreds, or thousands who do not comment also vote. Quality always rises above the fray. Your story is the perfect example of fiction: The Heroic Journey, where MC fights and overcomes, changing in the process. Too many readers of LW demand a Gotterdammerung finish, even if the victory is a pyrrhic one for the MC. 5+

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I loved this story. Just enough going on to keep my interest. Two points, which do not reflect on the story telling. They lost communications and why did the husband get lazy living his dream? Why was the lack of real communications glossed over by the two of them? Finally, I would love to see a confrontation will Will stating… What the FUCK gives him the right to hit strongly on a married woman? Maybe a 5 iron to the nuts…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Try reversing the situation and having the male character be an asshole and see if you get the gushing praise one mainly sees here. Yeah, I didn't think so. A 1*, because there are no negative votes allowed.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

It's a good story, but that was an affair at some level. Given her treatment of him, criticizing him after he'd done her favors, I don't see her as being worth the effort.

LickideesplitLickideesplit9 months ago

A month? Hubby pulled his fat-ass and lack of fitness and his finances substantially improved in ONE (maybe a week more) month. If they could not afford a dryer, how could he update his wardrobe? Which wardrobe he would be growing towards it no longer fitting…although it takes more than a month.

Basically, this tale was just unconvincing.

2*

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Hmm, I'd say it was more than an emotional affair. She repeatedly lied to her hubby so she could be with Will and even saw him on the weekends. Getting back into shape was good FOR HIM! Nice that she finally noticed. He should have confronted her much sooner. Honest communication would have helped them both.

WetheNorthWetheNorth9 months ago

Why cannot English people write proper English?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Interesting story!

4

Moonbat74Moonbat749 months ago

Husband was an utterly pathetic character.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Should make a great story for his grandchildren, how he used to listen to Grandma diddling herself in the bathroom while thinking about her boy toy. Ah, those were some times!

tralan69ertralan69er9 months ago

@sbrooks103x

I don't believe in "winning her back." You already "won" her, if she no longer wants to be yours, let her go. This goes along with "fighting for her or the marriage." The person who should be fighting for the marriage is the one putting it at risk. -

I disagree, if you love someone or even something you fight for or alongside them not against them.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

nixrox, you really don't know all you think you do!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
bad choice

Divorce is the only cure for a wife like yours.

CharlieBrwn2CharlieBrwn29 months ago

I thought it was great. It had some erotica to it but there was a healing that brought the two together at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just another unrealistic femdom fantasy with a whore wife and a wimp idiot husband. But as many says: "it's just fiction !".

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice story. I do take issue with his fitness regime, and results. I've lived it. In my late forties I changed myself from a fat slob to a muscular and fit man. I can assure you that, after two weeks work I did feel better in myself BUT, I did NOT look any different. It takes a LOT longer. Well worth it though, and I bore people by repeating just how beneficial thorough training can be, It lasts too. I'm now 85 years old, still fit, and can do 30 press ups. I still enjoy sex too. Can you readers? ( the press ups I mean).

Just a little less time reading internet stories, and a bit more time in the gym, can improve your life and add years to it. End of rant! If just 1 reader took notice, and did something like it, I'll have achieved something.

Good luck.

Robinhod

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

GREAT STORY!!!

I like it a lot!! 5 stars from here 😉

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

What a wimp. 2*

Wavedave45Wavedave459 months ago

@tralan69er

It never works out that way. Look up the "affair fog". If you want to fight for the marriage the only way that has any hope of success is by slamming on the gas pedal to divorce and pray it snaps them out of it. And you need to be prepared to go through with the divorce if they don't do anything to stop it.

If you want to remain a couple she needs to win you back. You can't win her back because you already had won her and it didn't mean jack squat.

Go to any of the divorce or infidelity website or forums and see for yourself. These stories are repeated over and over and over again and they play out the exact same way. In this case the wife would either flip flop between reconciliation or divorce while the husband goes through months/years of hell, or she would have pretended to ends things only to start up again later only this time being more careful.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like the tale but the timeline does not work. In a MONTH you would not even begin to see a difference!

(Side note after seeing all the trouble with Brexit, working in Europe would not be easy😥)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A great story showing a lot more personal insight then one usually sees. And a wonderful ending for a change. sometimes finding true love, if even for a second time, is a nice ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just dumb!!!!

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Very good story about reconciliation after wife’s attempt to take emotional affair physical. Not too much problem with how he solved his problem with Ingrid, but I don’t like that the little weasel Will got off completely free. M@ybe that’s the English way, but I don’t think that I would be able to avoid having a personal word with the boy. She may have been pushing it, but the son of a bitch knew she was married. She protected the shit bag with HR too. That would have been a bridge too far. Still, an enjoyable story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

I'm not buying the "he let himself go" narrative. Heaven help the man who complains about his wife letting HERSELF go! And forget having an affair because of it.

\

"checked my followers and passed collaborators." - Past, not passed.

\

"If I hadn't eaten and just thrown it away, he would have got suspicious." - Not if she threw it away at work.

\

I'm a little confused on the videos. I thought they were of his workouts, but when she watched with him, he said she knew as much about finance as him.

\

"To be honest I was freaking out about it and I didn't know what to do." - How about telling him no?

\

"Why couldn't you have talked to me?" - Bingo!

\

"I'm glad for once the baby is the husbands. It happens more often than you think." - He's glad "for once" that it's the husband's, but it happens "more often than you think?"

\

"you talked about putting your dreams on hold while I mine were." - What the hell does the end of that sentence mean>

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very good story I really enjoyed it!

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove9 months ago

Great love story and the only issue was the quickness of his training. You may see some change, but definitely not a wow factor. Still though, I know you had a narrow time-frame so I will let it slide. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. I liked the story. In the end it was a feel good, but there were some pretty unbelievable parts. I mean hubby goes from a disgusting fat slob that has his wife cheating on him to a sculpted god that cause his wife to involuntarily crawl across the floor because she is so overcome by his beauty in a month?

He doesn’t have any money and it hurts his self esteem because he can’t contribute to the family income, but he buys a whole new wardrobe?

I also dislike the fact that hubby just assumes his wife’s cheating is his fault, yet his wife never once talks to him about her unhappiness?

The family counselor gets a tear in his eye over something hubby said? There is a lot more but you get the idea.

Still I guess I give it a 4* for the happy ending.

ManoBlueManoBlue9 months ago

What a weak character

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a total piece of shit the wife is. Your husband isn't keeping up with all your bullshit expectations so you get you a fucking wimp boyfriend you can lead around by the nose. This bitch needs to go way down the road.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown9 months ago

Jack; portrait of a pathetic simp. No doubt he'll be licking the bottom of her heels soon.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A characterless pussy

JensensloverJensenslover9 months ago

@WetheNorth, not sure what YOU mean about English people not writing proper English, but you clearly can't. "Why cannot English people write proper English?" Why CAN'T English people write proper English? You might want to look at YOUrSELF before criticising someone else.

As for this story, nothing but a wimp living with a bitch who had far too many secrets to be forgiven as easily as he did.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture9 months ago

Wethenorth. Interesting comment about how English people cannot write proper English. Strange that even you 'Doth nought writ' see that is proper English herald from a time long before you or I were born. Times change to how words become and others are lost.

I found this story interesting if not a little weak from the husband side of things, he may have lost himself but his wife was worse as she lost faith in him and never talked properly about how she felt. In some ways she felt she was in control and thus power. With power comes corruption then disdain for the once held community of a shared and equal marriage. The truth was she didn't like what she saw but did nothing about it other than to seek another to see if she still had it, that coupled with her dream to live in Italy she was nam9ng plans ahead without him instead of seeing what she had with him.

Sad story that reflects life as we know as that's how it happens today.

Regardless of language and people picking holes about not being proper English it wasn't badly written I just think from my opinion she got off too lightly

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture9 months ago

One more note to other readers, I think we and I include myself here forget the one basic thing about this and others written its a story. Do you all go around saying to anyone that listens that the book you read or the film you watched was unconceiving and pathetic as it didn't reflect real life and time, no you don't you rave and rant how great it was.

Take Star wars films some of the greatest films made and yet you don't hear people saying it's crap because it's not real or possible, you love them because they take you to a place that isn't possible these stories are the same. They take you to a place which is near perfect something none of us can ever achieve as we don't have the skill or mind set to take us there. If your one of those that disagree as many will then I ask you this why read and comment on stories when you don't need them.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Nah mate, her cheating is on her, not you,"

Nick had it 100% correct. There is no "winning her back" -- she walked away. As others pointed out, getting married means you already "won" each other, "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part." Exercise, get healthy for YOURSELF, but divorce her. You don't have to BTB, but she has become toxic, you do need to ESCAPE her.

If getting fat was an excuse to cheat -- and she DID cheat in a very meaningful way already -- than half the husbands would screw around as soon as a woman had a child and didn't lose 100% of the weight she put on during pregnancy. Are you really OKAY with that ? If your wife is laid off, find a woman to cheat with, you're okay with that, too, yes?

As a woman who supports equal rights, this kind of white knight crap makes me sick. I took vows, and I intend to keep them. If my husband is not "doing the job" as they say, I'll do something really weird -- I'll talk to him. If he puts on too much weight, "Babe, you need more exercise, I want you healthy and around for a good long time. Let's join a gym." If it gets bad enough, then we'll talk separation and divorce, not cheating.

Did his wife lose her ETHICS as well as her interest in him ? Ethics are what guide you no matter WHAT the situation is. She has none.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really enjoyed it. It is nice to read a loving wife story about a loving wife. Love and marriage are always going to be work but well worth it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

very real and a very positive conclusion, well written and while his plan is a bit far fetched result is enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I wouldn’t trust her at all.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

Wasn't a bad story but ultimately gave it a 3, average. Gotta agree with other commenters that him blaming himself and needing to win her back was not great. The fact is he already won her in the first place, she was stepping out on a committed relationship rather then trying to fix it. She might not have went all the way but she was still cheating, she decided there was something in her life she didn't like and looked for greener grass without actually making the move yet. She was the bad guy in this story I feel no matter the reasons she had to no longer be attracted to him. But its clear with the Italy stuff she was from the start with one foot out the door in the relationship, it seems more like he had to win her during her emotional affair because he never won her in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

“Ingrid, you told me that when you talked to Will about me you said you talked about putting your dreams on hold while I mine were. What did you mean by that?” Yes, indeed! What did you mean by “while I mine were”? Errors like this one were sprinkled liberally throughout the story. A bit more care before posting would be appreciated.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Femdom agitprop and the wimp—working title.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.