All Comments on 'One Friday in February'

by BobbyBrandt

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Welcome back

Saying this before i read your story.

A

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Questions

Dori had a divorce or her husband dies?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 5 years ago
Thru the Veil of Time & Plexus of Entangling Relationships, 2 Crazy Kids Annually Hook Up

Enjoyed the concept , yet the structure of same two people trysting on annual basis was strongest at start and then finish.. I only wish I could emulate this in real life with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Nervy story to execute. Kudos to author in that regard. The duo seemed to get smug in middle. But overall BobbyBrandt wrote a thought provoking story that didn't hew to typical LW hoary , grievance cliches.

I thank the author for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
1*

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

one paragraph neither has a partner then the next one they are married and she has a child when did this all happen gotta get it together

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Dadgum

Wish I could write like LordSlamDog. Man got some words. As to the story, you write well, but not my type story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Compelling Twist

I needed to pay attention and go back to review some points to understand that Mark and Dori were married the whole time and playing roles to keep their relationship 'hot'.

I enjoyed the trips down memory lane with some of the current events mentioned each year. Made the journey with the two lovers more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Needs an editor

Or a lot better proof reading. Too many mistakes doomed this mess from the get go.

1 star

techreadertechreaderabout 5 years ago
So, Sometime Between 2003 and 2014....

So sometime between 2003 and 2014, Dori either divorced or was widowed.

texxmantexxmanabout 5 years ago
I liked the twist

I was going to comment on the lack of respect they had for their spouses, but good ending. Somewhat confusing at times though.

Impo_64Impo_64about 5 years ago
A good read...maybe just 3 pages long...

A good read...maybe just 3 pages long...After page 3 it was clear they were married and just role playing...3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Explain PLEASE

If I read this right Mark and Sherry are married and divorce early on. Dori is married to Dave and have a daughter, who Sherry babysat and later seduced, then Sherry and got remarried 2 other times. OK that all was explained and clear.

What the hell happened to Dave and at what point did Mark start cumming in her pussy? What about the other meet ups, you started off by saying it was once a year and later that it was multiple times a year but didn't explain or elaborate. You need to plot it out better and fill in a hell of a lot more of the blanks if our going to tell a story of this type of a long term affair. We the readers ended up too damn confused.

Nice attempt though, but you need an editor to read it thru to point out these short comings in the overall story. Advice and questions from the husband of a USA Today and NYT best selling author

texquilltexquillabout 5 years ago
Hmmmm

This isn't nearly at the level of "His Daddy's Car" or "Heavy Traffic", and it's a little rough, but it is a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
"I don't know why I am agreeing to this, but as long as you know that nothing is going to happen between us, I'll play along..."

That's were I stopped reading. Then I went to the bottom of the page and found there were going to be 6 pages of this supposedly cute, demanding, submitting, coy, authoritative, romance, adultery, marriage, erotic coupling? Sorry, just wasnt' worth the effort. So then I went to comments and read that many of the people who slogged through the 6 pages are not sure what they read, what the marital status is, who is married to whom, who had kids with whom, etc. Good grief, I don't need more confusion in my life.

Ah, but there are a few things I am absolutely certain of, like: "Mark handed her the book and then retrieved two Coors cans out of the refrigerator. He popped the top off on one and handed it to Dori, and then opened his own. They walked back to their previous seats and Dori pulled the phone from the corner table into her lap."

Why do so many authors think they are writing directions to the actors for a stage play? The author goes to great effort to detail where they sat, how they sat, how they moved, where they moved, etc. Pointless detail after detail, yet many readers can't tell you what the relationship between these two people was, is, and who else it involved. Confusion does not equal suspense or drama. It just makes people want to stop reading, struggling, to figure out what the author thinks is mysterious and maybe clandestine. The only mystery is why you spent so much time and effort writing what ends up being vague and, for many, indecipherable.

If Dori and the other guy are cheating on their spouses and don't get caught I hope they rot in hell. If they are two loving loyal married partners, playing and reveling in their marital fantasies then God bless them.

If you ever decide to write a story where which of the above can be determined in a frame work that is clever, witty, and entertaining, I'm you fan. And you don't need to tell me all the little details of their movements and surroundings. Though limited, I do have some imagination. I can visualize all the decorating and the setting, and I don't really care what brand beer they drink unless that is significant to the plot.

Thanks for the effort. Good luck with the future.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
Too long by twice

Too clever by half

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1about 5 years ago
Weak plot, confusing narrative & minimal character development

The original plot idea of once a year lovers on Valentine’s Day was weak. Dave and Sherry were unreal. Neither Dori or Mark were developed except there sexual preferences.

It was confusing at the last when author attempted to pull a surprise that Dori and Mark were married and not lovers. Too many times in the six pages there were events and conversations that left no doubt they were lovers. 3 stars and that is generous because the last paragraph they were married and always respectful of each other.

FriedPiggyFriedPiggyabout 5 years ago
Welcome Back!!

Not quite your usual style, not sure I like this one that much, but you are still one of the best on this site. I just wish you wrote more, sadly real life doesn't always give us what we want though. Just happy that you are back and writing again.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
I

couldn't finish it. Got bored. Thought maybe I should finish it because of the high score but it just drug on and on. Am I wrong? No rating since I wasn't able to give it a fair chance.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Entertaining

Clever story. A bit hard to follow at times.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Clearly this made sense to the author as he wrote it, unfortunately as it poured out of his mind onto the page it got fucked up.

Cleverness for it’s own sake ain’t gonna win awards, this felt like the author was bragging about how smart he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pronoun problems

“The best you could hope for is Mark agreeing to let you watch him and I together,” is what you wrote.

Would you ever write, “The best you could hope for is Mark agreeing to let you watch I”? 🤮

No, you would write, “The best you could hope for is Mark agreeing to let you watch ME.”

So, your original sentence should read, “The best you could hope for is Mark agreeing to let you watch him and me together.”

Just because you put in a plural set of names/pronouns doesn’t mean you change any of the pronouns from their singular (and correct) forms.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtover 3 years agoAuthor

To "Anonymous" and all the other 'C' average English students out there:

Learn to recognize the two little marks (") known as quotation marks. They indicate that the words written between them are the words of a character speaking them to another character, otherwise referred to as 'speech'.

Human speech is messy. Human speech does not follow the same rules of grammar as writing. Before criticizing the use of pronouns or other rules of grammar contained between quotation marks, read it aloud as if you were speaking the line to someone else rather than just reading the words. Save yourself the embarrassment of looking like an idiot.

Now, if you discover any instances of improper use of pronouns or other legitimate mistakes, please provide that feedback. It would be appreciated.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
I couldn't even piece together

Exactly what the hell this story is about. I read page 1 and was bored to death. Looks like another author to put on my do not read list. Its bad when author comes in to their comments and throws barbs at the people commenting. That means the author is very light skinned. Why not just monitor the comments-and delete the ones you don't agree with. Or just let them be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
?

A WIMP story. 1 star

racfguyracfguyalmost 3 years ago

Stopped reading on page one when the drugs came out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wth is this?

no sense other then notes some lying filth people.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Wow… the ending surprised me! …but in a good way! I really thought they were lovers… with Dori having a different man as a husband. I went back and reread parts and she always referred to him as the husband… no name. Bravo! This story was very well written. And, even more a positive response to find a very loving couple that allowed each other to satisfy each of their very varied sexual needs. Thank-you for this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Way too much detail. Every one knows if he went to get the beer he had to go to the kitchen. . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TWO CHEATING BASTARDS.....NOTHING FANTASTIC ABOUT THEIR VALENTINES ESCAPADES....WHORES SHOULD HAVE MARRIED EACH OTHER THEN SEE HOW THINGS LAST....TRASH!!!

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Are people really this slow? I mean, I know MPAI, but... People. It says "husband and lover for 37 years" not "husband, and lover for 37 years" which would imply she wasn't married to him for the entire time they were lovers. In other words, considering the final page is in 2003, they've been married since 1966.

Sherry is his friggin secretary. Good lord.

It's not "overly clever", there are multiple hints, though they are just hints. And even if you skimmed until offended, you could've at least read the last page and done the math!

Anyway. I'll admit I wasn't sure until the fourth page, and wasn't certain until the 37 years thing. But I was pretty darn sure.

I will say the cheating wife tag seems misplaced here. Using tags as a misdirect is a bit dirty pool in my opinion, but that's me.

Excellent tale. I hate cuck stories and infidelity, but a loving couple being playful with each other and happily married for decades is right in my sweet spot.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker10 months ago

You did a dang jolly GREAT job at confusing a Ton of folks with this one. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍WAY TA GO !!!!! Why the heck can't the hubby AND the lover be ONE and the SAME!?, GOOD JOB !! OH 4 THOSE that Never figured it out . The " lover" and Hubby are the Same person... and the writer was sneaky with the clues.. yeah did a good one. BB.. thks.. 😉😁🎉👍

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Love it when an author succeeds in confounding the "'C' average English students out there". Five fabulous stars with bells on.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

So is this mysterious lover in the room with you now?

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio4 months ago

Very clever story. At first it seems like a cross between “50 Shades of Gray” and “Same Time Next Year” until you figure out the joke. I think some readers just didn’t tough it out to the end to get the joke. A shorter, tighter telling of the story could be a 5 for sure, but this one is a good, solid 4+

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBobbyBrandt@BobbyBrandt
1341 Followers
I have ventured off into some new literary territories lately, such as publishing my first middle-grade adventure story, which you will not see published on Literotica. I also have a dystopian adventure romance in the works, but since I don't post any part of a story until i...