All Comments on 'One Helluva Mistake'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Enjoyable story!

5

CagivagurlCagivagurl7 months ago

Nice story Dr Hook.

Dialled in on the emotional aspects...

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Galama88aGalama88a7 months ago

Nice back and forth is bit confusing butnice

blackrandl1958blackrandl19587 months ago

Dope story, Mr. 1957. I gave it all the stars. Thanks for posting, Randi.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith7 months ago

Great story, fun read.

demanderdemander7 months ago

It really was a situation involving his male ego. And, that's not a bad thing. Everyone has an ego. Public disrespect will end most marriages. So....what if he found out about it, but there had been no publicity, and his daughters didn't know? D

HargaHarga7 months ago

The way the world is now there is no way this story would have happen this way. Within fifteen minutes of the MC starting to play Frisbee with these two young girls there would have been at least two police squad cars full of cops standing over his tasered body twitching on the ground. It would be his second opportunity to be humiliated on social media because of all the uploaded videos being posted by pedestrians in the park that day. No passing GO, No collecting two hundred dollars but going straight to jail. lol

Otherwise a pretty good story. Well done.

Omart57Omart577 months ago

Good story, H! Thank you. Nice to see Traci. Lol!

dragonmann72dragonmann727 months ago

Hooked

Jackie's a neighbor kid. She lives a couple of doors down from us. Nice parents. Her father, Mike, occasionally helps me out with small fix-it jobs,"

"I can't wait to tell that to Marty and Grace. They'll fall out of a tree laughing," she said.

Is it Mike or Marty?

She was part daughter, party puppy.

What’s a party puppy?

francemanfranceman7 months ago

Beautiful story. All the stars.

It seems normal for them to divorce when she feels she has the right to do what she wants, no matter who else is around, when she's only sorry she was caught out, blaming her little ego for not being able to get past it........

Where is the we, where is the partnership........when the I, when the me takes first place.

Thanks for sharing.

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

Hooked never seems to disappoint. The usual five stars.

BrentJWBrentJW7 months ago

I like this story. It seemed credible even though it was incredible that Traci would shag that kid and expect to get away with it as though nothing happened.

CD1929CD19297 months ago

Whenever I see you as the listed author I know it's going to be a great read.

Awesome as always.

A 5 star story.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Great way to start my day. A new story by Hooked1957. Top of the mark, as always

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf7 months ago

Awesome read. Thanks for a great story.

Slick742Slick7427 months ago

You brightened up a dull day…thanks…Slick742

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now7 months ago

Totally awesome tale ... thank you!

The Style GuyThe Style Guy7 months ago

Thank you, Sir. Another 5* from me. TSG

FD45FD457 months ago

Honestly, trying to see it as a woman would, her only choices are abject repentance or trying to brazen it out, and many women with their ‘fragile female egos’ will refuse to admit to being horrible wrong.

/

The only question then is ‘does she have ‘IT’. Brittease had this honest story where the man married a 8-10 and she…ran off. She loved the Jet Set Life, since she was hot, bubbly and ‘friendly’ enough to enjoy the ‘yacht’ set as a companion. Some of women got it enough to do that.

/

Fine work if you can get it and don’t mind mirrors. This lady EVENTUALLY learned she wasn’t a 9 and she did herself irreparable harm. Too bad so sad

CriosCrios7 months ago

Yay! Traci’s back! Another winner, Hooked!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit7 months ago

Knowing that she was wrong, then coaching her teenage daughters that she was entitled… she’s someone who shouldn’t have been a parent.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight7 months ago

Traci is back and she is as evil as ever. That was a fun ride.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

really good story. could have used a little more detail at a couple parts (the infidelity, the fallout, the divorce and the remorse)

prime example though of how these btb/divorce stories never have truly happy or even satisfactory endings. They are simply tragic stories that leave their characters scarred.

but, like I said, I though it was a really good story

prinnaveaprinnavea7 months ago

3 stars

The reason for the rating is, it is the same ole BTB trope. I believe, no, I know, you can write better stories.

It is written well, if this was the first story I read off this sight it would have been 4.5. Hope you appreciate this constructive comment.

KRD19254KRD192547 months ago

This was a good story but for the omissions to insure context...

\

Traci bought front row tickets +1month prior = premeditation of her entitled plan.

\

She dressed in a vest to flaunt her cleavage = the hook to the plan. Carol was her wing cover.

\

Turning herself into THEE entitled heroin to her daughters further alienating any morals and husband.

\

Then Traci's husband not accepting her-hall-pass was an unforgivable SERIOUS CHEATING WRONG. Then to use the ploy "fragile male ego" is the epitome of self gormandizing of insults.

\

What made this story successful is he found a family that wanted him and would love him for being him. So few of us get an admirable redo or find love after being so totally flayed.

\

4.7*****, Hooyah, Salutes.

stev2244stev22447 months ago

Traci's back, and she came back in a great story.

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

Nice take on an old plotline. Traci got hit by the "I need a boost to my ego and my husband can't be the one to provide it," situation. How many guys find some hot young thing to make themselves feel like a super stud? Sometimes they even marry them, they are called "Trophy Wives." It's all ego and it's selfish as hell. Even though her actions are very familiar, they are inexcusable and he did what any sane husband would do, divorced the selfish cow. Thanks for the read, H57. Entertaining as always.

Eveready1999Eveready19997 months ago

Nothing new here for sure but definitely a couple of weird things. You find out your wife turned into a public concert slut, and you pick her up at the airport and call her "babe" as you argue with her? Really? You don't call someone babe that you're incensed with... otherwise a nice story.

gatorhermitgatorhermit7 months ago
Good Story

I liked the frisbee connection - that was fun. Hooked wrote Traci’s character really well - it wasn’t her fault, just hubby’s fragile ego that was the whole problem. Amusing story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

Enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

Karn9Karn97 months ago

A very good story, nicely written and a touching non BTB ending.4*

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

5* story of someone getting found out and being booted out.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

These bitches will blame a man for anything and tie themselves up in knots absolving themselves of their own shitty behaviour

lujon2019lujon20197 months ago

Any man stupid enough to marry a daughter who supported her cheating whore mother over the father deserves to be cheated in

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nicely done 5/5 the Mc makes a life for himself with a new family since like the mc said not sure what goes on in girls minds for them to side with the mom mind boggling again granted it wasn’t like they were outright like mom best ever but still.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written, have to say. I really hate seeing characters like Traci. These stories wouldn't get written if women like her didn't exist. The delusional attitudes they have, that cheating "one time" with someone considered to be exceptional shouldn't be a deal breaker for their marriage.

What is really sad is that women today act and think like men of yesterday. Men have been berated for thinking with their 'little heads' But if that's the case then the heads women are thinking with are tinier still! Five stars for dumping a formerly loving wife and finding a new more worthy one.

Harryin VAHarryin VA7 months ago

The problem with the story is that there are some conversations which don't seem to make any sense. There seem to be a bunch of non sequiturs.

.

Like for example when the husband says what am I chopped liver? Yes

.

What the husband doesn't understand at that point is that his reaction and how it might have affect him was never part of her decision-making process. She wanted to fuck the hot young rapper with the muscles and big dick and that's what she was going to do. Yes you are chopped liver. Sorry husband .

You are stupid because you don't see that you don't matter.

.

later on in the story when the wife is complaining that she can't believe that he is still upset ... he says to her and I didn't expect to have a cheating wife.

.

Okay then what happens? There's no reply to that. In real life a wife would reply to that and if she didn't the husband would pursue it even more. Why do you think I should accept the fact that my wife humiliated me nationally and is becoming cheating slut for black cock?

.

Again like I said many of the conversations here don't seem to follow any logical reasoning

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown7 months ago

Too far fetched that a amoral, narcissistic bitch would be that apologetic later on. Also the MC is a bit of a simp for even being civil to the slut.

This story arc has been beat to death....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I have not read an Evil Traci story in a while, thank you, good story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There has to be a set of daughters somewhere in the fictional LWverse who don't choose the side of the conceited, remorseless, cheating wife and actually support their father when he needs them most. Their relationship was strained because they both abandoned him for his disrespectful ex.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

I really enjoyed the story, especially the approach all until “five year remissions” mark. Trying to jam pack a “Happy ever after” & confrontation into the last few paragraphs, devastated the flow to a “punchline” on an other wise talented piece of work 4*

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWE7 months ago

Why didn't he do something against the rapper? Some sort of revenge? sue him? I liked the story but not that Rob turned in to a weak man.

Old_TimerOld_Timer7 months ago

Good story. Not too convoluted or complicated. 5 stars

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack7 months ago

Traci’s returned just in time for Halloween!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You Aced that one.

Not in agreeance with the ego comment, the whole but he[or she] is famous and it was only a one off is BS, cold calculated planned event to place herself in a position it could happen. A brazen burning of a spouses trust and belief in their mate. No Ego involved a hell of a lot of self-respect though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good story all in all but two gripes: FTLOC can you not think of a name other than 'Traci' for your cheating wife characters? And how likely do you think it is that a man who is ripping his wife a new one for cheating on him in the most public way possible would be addressing her as 'babe'? Just once would not be credible but repeatedly doing so is just off the scale.

On the plus side, no one does the deluded, entitled, unrepentant psycho wife quite like you do and I howled with laughter when she delivered that immortal line about his 'fragile male ego'! Four stars.

60022Mallard60022Mallard7 months ago

In this sad world Harga - see below - is completely right.

Guide group leaders are trained never to be in a one to one stuation with a chils, never to give a cuddle to a hurt chils etc.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I was really close to giving it 5 stars. If MC had warned Hailey’s fiancé to be careful and recommend a prenup, as his daughters believed their mother’s logic that she had a right to cheat and it was my fault we divorced; then it would be perfect.

amygdalaamygdala7 months ago

Yeah that opening scene with a lone gentleman sitting near a children’s playground let alone playing with them, would have had the police on the scene asap. Otherwise a good tale.

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
A

Sad story why not sue the prick for destroying his marriage don't these.

AngelRiderAngelRider7 months ago

I sometimes complain about lack of realism/verisimilitude but I could see this happening. I love the internet and as much as I loved life in the 80s and early mid 90s, I don't want to go back. Social media however can disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't be sad.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Slut got what she deserved, her own daughter doesn't trust her not to slut it up with her boyfried

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought it was a 3* story, but it wasn't a willing cuck story, so 4*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Solid take on a very common trope. It delivered a valuable message: consequences! If you value your marriage…if you really love and cherish your spouse….just don’t! It’s never…ever…worth it.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

""Well, the first thing you two are going to do is continue to love her,"

\

So their mother just shoved a poisoned knife into their father's heart, she shit all over her vows, her marriage, her family, and she revealed that she has NO internal commitment, discipline, ethics or virtue. And the cuck is most concerned about how his daughters view their mother? Could you have made this dumb shit look any weaker in mind or character? No Wonder The Wife Wanted To Get Some Better Younger Cock! She's been fucking a dweeb for her entire marriage. And her guiltless arrogance and sense of entitlement prove what a worthless lying cheating whore she really is.

\

And then you expect us to believe the boy toy cock loving whore has been turning down young studs, even after her divorce, for years? Did she go get a personality transplant or something? Ridiculous. Just silly and contrived beyond belief. It turns out the whore did him a grand favor, revealing herself early enough for him to find a true woman for a life mate. Her remorse and guilt are completely out of character and total bullshit. Nice try.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I have read a similar one by cagivagirl, truthful to say your ending is far better than that

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

After reading a second time, it came to me!

.

This was a Cagivagurl plot….but without the usual Cagivagurl “male folds like the French Army” ending 😎!!

.

And Traci is back! Don’t know if marriage had a chance if she were truly remorseful…but by being totally self serving with her justifications of her transgression, she nuked herself.

.

5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ effort!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Traci still hasn’t learned her lessons…still a self-entitled slut. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

vanyevanye7 months ago

Maybe if she hadn't gone delusional entitled bitch with him, they might have been cordial.

PatricksonPatrickson7 months ago

Enjoyed this one. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, but the ending seemed kinda abrupt, like it should have continued longer.

JusteenKJusteenK7 months ago

You certainly know your market.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Meh. Most of your other stories are much better. Very average for you Hooked. Keep writing as I look

forward to the next one!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. Does the fragile male ego line ever work? Seems like it’s far more likely to inspire homicide. Was the rock star young Mark Wahlberg or Dirk Diggler?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

How about another version, where she earns her way back? What would be enough?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The husband is written as too much of a weak pussy. As written, the slut set out to get fucked. It was a deliberate, premeditated betrayal. His musing about how it might have been alright if he and the world didn't know, and his failure to slap down the Femi-Nazi "ego" trope are among the things that make him just another weak, useless, lw husband character. The handling of the daughters was also the same old misplaced "White Knight " bullshit. You don't simperingly tell the daughters that they must "love" their mother and that she loves them. The inappropriateness of LW cliche should be obvious. Instead you tell the girls that in the divorce they will face a major life defining moral choice. They will either choose someone who behaved honorably or someone who betrayed her family and husband. If they choose wrongly, don't expect to see me. You are old enough to learn that bad choices have consequences. That would be refreshing.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey21107 months ago

This story reminds me of George Anderson's "February Sucks" and makes me wonder if it is true that women anywhere would jump at the chance to have sex with a celebrity. Good story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Agree with "tkh...", smacks of GA's tale but with better plot support. I loved the intro to the story and flowed really well. Great narrative/dialogue balance and story progression. Not sure I "got" why Maddie would back away from someone that went through what our hero did. If anything, she would have wanted to take him home and make him better like a lost puppy - LOL! Classic Hooked! 4.7*

Ganymede69Ganymede697 months ago

Delish! 5 stars.

Moonbat74Moonbat747 months ago

Good, but old Rob came across as a complete pussy. No real retribution for the ex slut and the daughters should have both had a good clip about the ear, lest they turn out the same. As for Traci....is anyone that stupid?

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm7 months ago

I liked the plot and it was well written. But I kinda checked out when that seven-year-old girl accepted the prospect of being beaten if she doesn't follow your MC's commands, just because his other children had been beaten as well.

If the 1957 in the author's username is his birth year... a lot of the content in this story makes much more sense.

1959richard21959richard27 months ago

Ending this story at the first page earned you 5⭐️'s. That was a beautiful fairy tale.

Unfortunately, the additional two pages brought it down ⤵️❗️

Thanks for the hard work Hooked1957.

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

laptopwriterlaptopwriter7 months ago

excellent story and very well written, although I wouldn't expect anything less from this author.

FirstwithUFirstwithU7 months ago

Another take on February Sucks, UT very well done. 5* from n me. Yes there are typos and grammatical errors but they don't detract from an overall standout story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She sees the man she wants to fuck, or does. Husband, depending on the situation, becomes enraged. Suddenly it's HIS fault the marriage or whatever fell apart, not her betrayal. His "fragile ego", "it's just sex", he's "behaving like a child", or "just get over it". And he often does, meaning divorce.

In this story, the daughters initially distancing themselves from their father shows them to be as mentally messed up as their mother. And she never answered her husband's question of what she's sorry for. He also didn't ask about the tickets for the show, supposedly bought weeks, maybe a month or 2 previously, but he wasn't told until the night before. It shows, at least, he hiding things from him.

Lastly, wish there was more- from her side leading up to her adultery from hearing the band singing. What did she do, they (he) do, & what happened when they went back stage. All we have is that the guy's wife took pictures & posted on the internet.

Nice story tho I had a bit of a problem with the above & bouncing of the timelines from the past, present, & future. 4 stars Bob

ReedRichardsReedRichards7 months ago

The biggest flaw with this story is that everyone remembered that Traci fucked the rocker, for years and years and years, when such remembrances are almost always held onto only by those who actually knew her before. The broader public forget that stuff after a relatively short time. Rock star screws a married chick? Yeah, that's titillation, but it ain't really news. There's already the next story, like Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift, and, of less importance, something happening in the Middle East, to distract the attention of the public.

.

Much of the commentariat is appalled that the daughters mostly side with their mother, but let's get real: while sons would be more likely to side with dad, and think like dad, girls, especially ones who have reached a sexually active age -- which, let's be honest here, is earlier and earlier -- are more likely to side with their mothers. And if they've screwed more than one guy, which most of them have, they're more and more likely to have developed the much more practical attitude toward sex that women have.

.

"It was just sex," and "It was just that one night," are answers most men hate, and simply cannot understand, but for women those are perfectly reasonable answers, at least as far as they are concerned, though perhaps not as reasonable if their husbands give them that answer. Women are more concerned with their current lifestyle, in all of its broader implications, and keeping or losing that, while men are more concerned with someone else having used their pussy.

knoxhardknoxhard7 months ago

The premeditation was a critical point that needed to be dealt with more substantively. It would have been a key factor in dealing with his daughters. The role of Carol would have been more likely to be investigated. Carol's husband probably knows (given the publicity), but he needs to be contacted.

A woman who acts as Traci did, before and after the adultery, and who is as hot as she is, does not sit at home for five years in self-enforced exile. Not remotely likely. 1) I've never known a woman that self-centered who would do a hard 180 and start blaming herself. That would require a personality transplant. 2) even if such a woman existed, she'd be dating again soon. Because women are way too practical to engage in pointless self-harm when fun and a better life is to be had.

A decent story. But all the parts that would have made it really interesting were given scant attention.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

I like when the wronged husband takes action and doesn't give in one bit.

No kiss, no hug forever. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The story died at the end. Four stars. (The middle was a bit weak, too, but I am not knocking another star off.)

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another writer who seems to have a phobia against forgiveness. Wife makes a mistake, dump her and find a younger, prettier one that will remain faithful for life. How often does this happen? You idiots are delusional, and your no-forgiveness policy insures that you will get no forgiveness when you mess up. Mess up you will, then some body else gets to gloat at your anguish.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not great, but not bad.

PowersworderPowersworder7 months ago

Great story! This was an impressive return to form.

I liked that the betrayed husband recovered, and ended up with a younger, loving second wife.

Even better was that Traci ended up bitter and alone, with an unescapable reputation as a sleazy whore. After the brazen way she behaved, and the complete lack of remorse for breaking his heart, it was great to see karma grind her face in some nasty consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very weak story. Zero emotion or excitement. Kind of like reading about it in a newspaper. Yeah, it was that weak.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good writing as usual, but do young people really say " that girl thinks you hung the moon"? It definitely sounds

like something Hooked1957 would say not Hales. Also if you had googled rapper names just to familiarize yourself with

their names you would not have created the name Nelson Rollo which sounds like Nelson Riddle a band leader from the 1950's.

Dare

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Better ending... Rob Drake grew a set of balls and told his idiot daughters to fuck off. He liquidated everything the day before his wife disappeared and the body was never found. He was in a non-extradition country by nightfall starting a new life knowing the cheating skank slut was gone.

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

4 stars for a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was good to have Traci back. I missed her cheating clueless heart! 3* because this author has written this story several times before. It’s well written but pretty much a formula story.

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

Enjoyed it ty. So are we going to start calling this the Feb sucks theme lol

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Welcome back Traci, you unrepentant cheating bitch. I very much enjoyed your story, but the husband was a little to cool in the initial confrontation. He should have had her served at the airport. Too bad they didn’t live in NC, he could have filed the old Alienation of Affection lawsuit and made loverboy a little poorer.

JensensloverJensenslover7 months ago

Meh, she goes from I would never cheat on you before she went on the trip to a raging slut who 'cheated because she could'. Then the daughters were so stand offish with him to the point they didn't even stay for dinner to them being all sisterlike with Angel OVER DINNER, sorry poor continuity, did you bother to even read your own story? Also he is the biggest wimp out there obviously. SHe refused to be fired from her job, but didn't sue the pricks wife for revenge porn by posting the pics online?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good solid five stars

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Good story and very well done, thanks. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So many stories have the middle aged mother looking 20 years younger and hotness personified. Last week I had a bad travel schedule and spent almost 8 hrs layover between LAX, Chicago and Philadelphia airports. People watching. Maybe thousands of middle aged women walking by for my scrutiny. NOT ONE would meet the LW hotness criteria. Where are all of the LW women hiding?

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

A great story Hooky, l liked it a lot.Definitely one of your better tales

Scores 5/5

njlaurennjlauren7 months ago

The plot is interesting but honesty the wife is a problem. A 42 year old woman becomes obsessed with a young rapper, to the point she figures out his concert will happen when she is away,she gets front row tickets ( she must have paid a fortune), then she ends up with him.

But okay, so this is ST universe. So she is publicly exposed, she comes home, and after a brief period of remorse she actually is proud of what she did and belittles her husband despite claiming to love him?

The daughters are really bad, you think all girls are sluts and would condone what mom did? In real life they wouldn't be like that, they might try to keep them together,but giving dad the cold shoulder?

As far as Traci getting fired she could be. Most states are right to work and if they felt her working for the company has a detrimental effect they could fire her and the courts wouldn't do anything. If the COO and cheated , if it wasn't publicized or had an effect on the company, it isn't the same thing. They couldn't fire her if she had an affair that wasn't public in this scenario, bc then it was unequal treatment bc they didn't fire the coo.

Despite not showing any remorse and blaming husbands who,she doesn't date for 5 years? Why,? And in the story, she never really shows remorse , so why is she pining for him? It makes no sense. At the wedding of the daughter she shows some remorse but still never really apologized.

I agree w others, the thing at the park is troubling. Kids are taught to be wary of strangers, especially girls, and the mom would be really concerned if the daughter told her about the guy at the park. Plus these days parents would be reluctant to let 7 year olds play at the park alone, those days are a long time ago.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

I truly enjoyed this story (5*), as I pretty much enjoy all of Hooked's work. Ya never know what detail will resonate w/ a reader though. For me, a person whose number one sport has always been Frisbee, those little details were the icing. BTW, for anyone wanting to throw the "hovercraft", the common term is an "air bounce" and you can YouTube how to throw it. I could do all the tricks and throws with a disc, some really difficult, but a simple air bounce always was what impressed non-Frisbee people the most. I look forward to the next offering of this writer.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous