All Comments on 'One Last Bet'

by hotprof1973

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Read half the first page that was enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done in describing the vile mind of a selfish woman.

Doing what the usually do, think only of them self.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

From his opening, the Prof is saying "I'm writing this for those who like my stories and don't care about the haters" in his usual Canadian polite way that gets the trolls amped up. If there's any writer I'd think could care less about the tedious insults and cuck comments, it's the Prof. Wow, if I didn't know this was a Hotprof story, I'd stopped reading after the outside incident but I knew there'd be a twist. As a woman who's suffered trauma, it is therapy reading a author who gets it. I truly hope his background is couseling or psychology, otherwise the only way for him to so accurately display the irrational reaction of something so soul crushing is that he experienced it himself with a loved one.

I am not surprised so many readers completely missed the point that this was a story about a mental health episode. Nat leaving Ivan, the bet, all of it was her fearing another miscarriage and not being able to handle it. I'm sure she received mental health support and plenty of counseling and trying times in the year that the Prof fast forwarded through. I like he did that, not only for the reveal but it didn't need that. The couple had a very hard year, but it was worth it. And how is this a cuck story when both did cheat but didn't commit adultery? Right, the woman is treated like shit or Stepford wife obedient so it's a cuck story...

tizwickytizwickyover 1 year ago

My only comment is a quote from a old Elton John song : “ oh but their weird and their wonderful….” A very different and creative Five star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy shit this story is something. I reread it again and the ending was clearly planned at the start. I can't believe I've never heard of this guy before. I binged a few of his other stories before reading this one a third time and he's right up there with the greats. The best part are the comments, I haven't seen any other writer get so much hate for his stories and just have a IDGAF attitude in such a casual way, which just pisses off his haters more. The only bad thing, he says "enjoy this one last one." Please don't let this be your last story. You are a treasure, the rare middle ground when every story here is going full-on cuck fetish or women-hating. And damn, the comments are pure entertainment. If you are writing somewhere else which I wouldn't blame you please tells us where. I want more Hotprof stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job of creating a couple which the reader would care nothing about. Why do they enjoy humiliating each other?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two "Ian"s instead of "Ivan" and people are bashing Randi's editing? Considering almost every story on here edited or not has a few typos because it's a free fucking story site, I think that's pathetic. You don't like the story, fine. I don't like the woman being completely humiliated and tortured just for the 'burn the bitch' fetish readers. I just don't read them. I recognize some of the posters who knew damn well what type of story this would be. They're attacking Hotprof and Randi just to attack them because boohoo, people like stories they don't like. Ohio loved this story. That's all I need to say.

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

Very different kind of story. Five stars for your creativity

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I gave this story 5-stars for originality. I still have trouble with the thinking of these two people coming up with a bet like this. If the job was that important to Nat, that she was going to win the bet, abort the child and divorce her husband because she didn't think she could survive another miscarriage by herself makes no sense. She was planning to do what she was afraid would happen. So abort instead of miscarriage? She doesn't need a shrink; she needs a team of shrinks. Good story for originality but fucked up plot. Well done keeping them together and not taking the easy BTB way out. Mandy was the true hero and proved her loyalty to both Ivan and Nat.

Note to all writers, not everyone should have a nickname. Show a little originality and use given names. Nicknames work well in intimate moments, or to put down someone. I'm not saying no nicknames, just use them to express things and not as a go to thing in your writing. That's JustOnemansOpinion so you can take it or leave it.

LWLover60LWLover60over 1 year ago

Original theme and well written. Those who bailed early did themselves a disservice, unless all they read are BTB's and strokers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so after anther quick scan, did she plan the bet to humiliate the husband so that when she left he would not really suffer the pain of losing her as he would remember her having sex in front of him and hate her? She aborts his child so he hates?

I am guessing she really just can't deal with a simple divorce and somehow feels if he hates her is is better?

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

- "Another miscarriage? Is that why you were so insistent in ending the pregnancy? You're worried you'll lose another one?"

That is one of the most inane lines from a story in a while.

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

These two shouldn’t burden society with a kid as dumb as they are

BrentJWBrentJWover 1 year ago

Confusing read and a weird, stupid bet

studyingstudyingover 1 year ago

So ... the question does not appear to have been answered: "So how the fuck do I make sure you deserve my forgiveness?" Ivan sighed.

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

This is a hard story. The wife is clearly a shit, with priorities in the wrong place and not a strong commitment to the marriage. The job offer appears more importment than a lifetime commitment

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Quite a lot of dialogue and the mechanics and purpose of the game was somewhat difficult to comprehend. But the story was clever. Reconciliation made it more agreeable, but you could have surprised us with Wendy. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, this story just proves that the writer ingested a large load of "stupid pills". I was one of the most ridiculous stories that I have read on Lit erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everyone writes and/or reads with their own interpretations and preconceived notions and biases; a result of the way they were raised and their life experiences thus far. Each person's overall impression of any particular story will be different to how another person feels about that very same story.

.

So HardDaysKnight can take his "righteous indignation" and shove it right up his ass: he doesn't get to tell people how to feel about something they read.

.

I think it's VERY popular to say that most readers ONLY want a BTB story: it provides the writer with an excuse as to why his story was so poorly received. And to imply the readers are either too ignorant or unsophisticated to understand what the author was saying is the very height of hubris.

.

Personally, I think this story was written just to piss-off as many people as possible. Some writers believe that if they can make a lot of people angry with their story, it proves they're great writers. If that's what you believe, then good for you, but pardon me if I disagree. 2 stars.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

After being so intrigued by this story's writing, I've been reading more of the author's stories. And I had to come back here to see if he was still misusing the word 'taunt'. Couldn't find it, so maybe there's progress?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Provocative

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Well done! I believe the characters you created stayed in the molds! Maybe a little sentence about no longer betting because life is to big a gamble! Otherwise I found it an enjoyable read well worth the time! Looking at the comments which are many it appears the knives are out to cut. Of course this is LW section so opinions and comments are like assholes we all have one - some are just bigger and smell - use more words😁 than others. A writer has to have thick skin to write a lot in this Lit section. I do hope this is not your last story for us here! If you are venturing out into ewriter/epublishing please drop a line so I can continue to enjoy your work!!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderfully well conceived and implemented. The bet was weird and dumb. But the stakes were excruciating. The fab job with double pay for one; the 2-year commitment still per the other. Another pregnancy after 3 miscarriages. Looking at living halfway around the world. The great marriage breaking up. The craziness over whether to abort or not. No wonder these two were doing demented things. And nice that it got sorted somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank God, this is your last story. Any woman, that would make a “ bet” like that on the life of her child, does not deserve to breathe air. 1 star, cause I couldn’t go lower...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The door is swinging closed fast! Watch it it just might hit you in ...... Well at least you had your Islands in the Stream moment! Painfully preposterous. Too bad you had to leave while in a downward spiral. C ya.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@iammweaselabout 2 months ago

Well that was pure USDA Grade A pile of shit.

You may have put some thought into the lay out but in the end you failed. -

You are the one who failed. You don't offer any story at all. The only offer you have is in comment, which is childish at best.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Sorry to see you go "prof." The story certainly elicited a great many emotions readers. Stories start with an idea and then watch as the characters play the idea out. It's not necessary for the _idea_ to sensible of even sane. How this played out was a wild ride.

It certainly deserves more that a score of 3.99 (as of this reading).

Thanks, prof. It's been a great ride.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

That ending. Here I was about to share something personal but I am personally offended by that cheap, lazy ass ending that I am not going to do it.

TRAllanTRAllanover 1 year ago

Fitting story for the Prof to end with. Another deserved reconciliation and fairly accurate trauma depiction, all while knowingly pissing off a group of people. I’ve read other commenters figure the Prof probably teaches psychology not literature. I agree. Miss you Prof. I’m one of the annon who’s praised you since Old Wounds.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

TRAllan, if that's true then he needs to find a new career, STAT.

Its amazing how dumb ass stories encourage people to make asinine assumptions. Hell.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Reading the comments below, they need to go back to their comic books. This was a great read! Too bad the armchair critics can't see it in the context it was written. Loved all your writings!

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

Loved the first half when I wasn’t sure what was going on, hated the second hall with all the moralizing, the whole Femdom agitprop premise is pretty ridiculous, even if you try to suspend disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

HDK comes to the defense of those who believe it OK to determine whether or not to terminate a pregnancy based on the results of an extramarital sex game? Yikes. Glad he was not involved in my birth.

gasperguy69gasperguy6910 months ago

This is probably the only story in this category, or any category on Literotica, that I have read more than 4 times through. I'm sorry that I only have the option of giving it 5 stars...I would give it more! By far, one of the more practical and realistic stories about a marriage relationship, in Loving Wives, I've read to date. I have no doubt I'll be revisiting this story again!

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

Second time I read it. It was a tough read, but turned out well in the end

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Unbelievable plot - the bet. Would anyone do that? As to the resolution yet another RAAC… Nat deciding she’d rather end it, her pregnancy, her marriage for a job, how do you come back from that? What kind of marriage is that? Family is more important than a job. She’s right in the end. But knowing she’d throw it all away for a job is a kind of cheating or betrayal of vows. Forsaking all others kinda of implies forsaking anything that would split up the couple. Do you get married to a job?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She is an opportunist, and will probably fuck her boss once their kid goes to school. He is a dumb guy too.

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

The good ending made it a 5* story. Why is it your last story? Your to good to disappear from our lives.

YouamiYouami7 months ago

What a fucking ridiculous bet that served as the plot backbone of this story. Seriously, both husband and wife deserved being sterilised, using an infant as a bargaining chip

hasbro_fanhasbro_fan7 months ago

Thank you to NoTalentHack for listing this in their recommended list. Great story, enjoyed the read.

crazymike45crazymike456 months ago

This is one of if not THE best story on this site.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Believe

Can't believe some people actually liked this load of crap.

gatorhermitgatorhermit6 months ago
Pros and Cons

Pros: interesting and different. One likable character - Mandy. A happy ending.

Cons: story requires too much suspension of disbelief. Very few likable characters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

what the fuck did I just read?

LanmandragonLanmandragon5 months ago

Stupid story with insane people

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wife was too into all that shit going on to believe she will never stray in future, especially if it concerns getting ahead in her job (shit she had a condom on her and freely admits she was willing to fuck some guy just to win the bet). I mean the whole thing was because she was taking a job in NZ so it's clear that such a thing has a high priority for her. Sure in the end she realize that her marriage and family weigh a little more, though the margin size is difficult to say - it's close though otherwise this whole thing would never have occurred. At least Mandy will be around as a deterrent and consolation prize if she ever does slip up, until she's hitched at least.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

A really creative and interesting story. I think I had to struggle with the rating, but I bumped it up to a 5 simply because of how imaginative the premise was. It saddens me that so many commenters don't seem to understand that the root of Nat's behavior is her absolute fear of losing her child for a 4th time. The job in New Zealand was just her way of justifying not having to face that fear. She was so afraid of it she was *almost* ready to sacrifice her marriage to avoid it and "the bet", that game of chicken was designed in her mind to give her breathing space to break off the marriage and then reconnect later. She thought her husband would stop her from doing anything - people need to remember this, IVAN HAD CONTROL of how far she would go. He could just call it off and then she'd win and not have sex with anyone. But he didn't because he couldn't abandon their unborn child. The ironic thing is that when Nat lost the bet, it was specifically because of Mandy. She new that Mandy could (and probably would) blow up her dream of being able to return to Ivan in 2 years and I think because Nat had some deep seated insecurities, she probably deeply believed (and might have been correct) that Mandy would have been a much better wife to Ivan. I guess this is why I like this story so much, it's a very complicated web of differing motivations and perspectives. It's not something that people see very often on this site, particularly in this section and people yelling about "cheaters" and "sluts" and what not are entirely missing the tragedy of the situation and seemingly lack the real basic understanding of how powerful emotions like fear can make people act out of character. I mean, that seems obvious, right? Yet reading these comments I'm a bit troubled about the intellectual ability of the average person on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Who has a bet about aborting a baby. Loathsome woman.

willyk1212willyk1212about 2 months ago

bet about aborsion nope

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Seriously, I can't believe anyone could possibly think real people would behave like this, yet another stupid story by a less than mediocre author.

Asterisk42Asterisk4228 days ago

Wow. Not a fan of the abortion bet. She needed more than mental health help... I hope she got it in that year you didn't write about...

Waldteufel61Waldteufel6127 days ago

Love the originality of the story, very well written; really tugged on my emotions.****

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Vicious, cheating, lying, cucking wife and a wimp hussband. What I expected for your last story, One

star.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster114 days ago

A couple of very good twists in this one... five stars for a Loving Wives tale that wound up being just that.

Nice done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhotprof1973@hotprof1973
Just to confirm what ppl have been asking: yes "One Last Bet," is my final submission here, which I decided before submitting it. In my life & writing career, it's time to move on from this genre of writing. Other than my dreaded 2nd and 3rd stories (which I know many people ...

SIMILAR Stories