One Last Bet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mandy shook her head in disbelief. "Ivan, come on, tell me what this bet was about."

"Nat's pregnant. Close to a month along, they figure."

Mandy covered her mouth, excitedly, "Oh my God, I'm so happy. You were trying for years. That's why she wasn't drinking tonight"

Ivan shook his head sadly. "Living so far away from everyone she knows, Nat does not want to be a single mom. She doesn't think it will be fair to a baby to have to hire a stranger to raise it."

April had a look of shock with bring her hand to her mouth. "Oh God, she wasn't going to terminate it?"

Ivan sighed. "Not anymore. After she gives birth, baby will take a long plane ride back here and I will have full custody, raising it alone. Even though Nat said she wouldn't want it, I plan us to have to work out a visitation schedule. I definitely will not deny her access to her own baby."

Mandy whistled, "I'm sorry, but what you're saying, how she was acting, doesn't sound like the Natalie I know."

Ivan sat down on a lawn chair and folded his hands and scowled. "As I said, we fought, really fought about all this. I know we both regret some of the things said out of anger. At one point, Nat accused me of wanting her pregnant just so she wouldn't be running around fucking the locals in New Zealand. I told her that we both knew which of us was the jealous type. She countered with I would get way more upset about her messing around with some guy than she would with me with some girl. I replied, 'Wanna bet,' and then she decided she did. A bet to decide whether she kept the baby or had an abortion before leaving for her new life."

"Shit..." Mandy shook her head sadly.

"Look, we were at an impasse and it probably would've gotten to court and been really ugly. That would've happened if no one won tonight. Either way, one of us was going to lose, so at least the bet gave us some control." Ivan shrugged. "Tonight, we gave each other permission to bend our wedding vows as far as the other could tolerate it.

"The rules were simple: we both could do anything and have anything done to us with another consenting person of the opposite gender. The first one who couldn't stand that continuing anymore gave the safe word and both would stop all activities. Basically, it was a game of chicken except with cheating instead of a car crash on the line. Of course, no telling anyone what was going on other than there was a bet. You couldn't start anything in front of the other, you had to go to a different room or out of view of them. I think Nat figured me imagining what could be happening that I couldn't see would make me give in. Once you found the other engaging in whatever activity, you couldn't say stop or physically try to stop it. Only the safe word would do that. You saw that I announced myself as Nat's husband and that prick didn't even flinch. Saying hi or introducing myself was as far as I could go. Or she to whoever I was with."

"Other than your neighbor, I didn't really see you trying anything. And you already stopped before I interfered. Much more subtle than Nat. I mean, I heard things that I didn't believe until I saw her let that guy shove his fingers in her right in front of us." Mandy sat on the edge of his chair. "Were there others? I mean that you messed with?"

Ivan shrugged and shook his head. "I was nowhere near drunk enough to do it. The only reason I did that with April was because that I was so pissed off at what Trenton tried with Nat. I regret doing that like I regret this whole fucking mess. As much as I wanted to win, I struggled doing what I had to do, other than enduring."

Mandy had a pained look. "Was there a limit to what Nat could do with another person? Or you, I guess."

"No," said a low voice from the dark. Nat approached them from the shadows and tossed an intact condom packet on the ground close to where they other two were sitting. "I was prepared to have sex with someone to win, but I really hoped it didn't go that far. As it is, it went way further than I wanted. Party's over, by the way. I told everyone to call their Ubers or whatever and clear out."

Mandy stood up. "Nat, I love you, but did you lose your fucking mind? I know how hard the struggle to conceive was on you. Honestly, I thought that was the reason for you two separating - so Ivan could have children with someone else."

Nat frowned and shrugged. "Technically, that is what's happening now, except I will be surrogate and not be in its life after it's born."

"Come on, that's your baby, made with love after a lot of patience and effort, and you were going to kill it just so you had an easier time with your new life."

Nat raised her voice, crying, "Don't fucking judge me! You have no fucking clue. I was ending a pregnancy, that's all. I'm barely pregnant, and that's why we couldn't let fucking lawyers settle this. You have any idea how fucking hard it will be to be all alone, losing the person you loved more than anyone else in your fucking life and having this constant reminder of him?" She pointed to her belly.

"Think that will be harder than it was for Ivan to watch that disgusting display in the basement? And I heard they weren't the only two. At least five or six different guys fondled or fingered you, really? And did you also suck one off?" Mandy shook her head. "Fuck, Nat. The easy fucking solution was just don't take that job. If you really loved Ivan..."

Nat cut her off. "I'd turn down my dream job? A woman under thirty getting a position like that without having to drop to her knees? At Brangston Consulting, that's the only way I'd be getting to executive level. Don't tell me you haven't been offered to earn promotions. This starting salary was more than double, double what I make now. Ivan loves me enough to know I couldn't turn down something like that."

Ivan got irritated. "Fuck, stop both of you. I've heard this argument too many times before, and I'm sick of it again and again. Nat's made her decision and nothing I could say would change her mind. I tried, but I lost her. I guess in nine months I'll be getting a consolation prize. However, it will be one I plan to love and cherish."

Nat blinked. "Ive, you didn't lose me. We agreed that long distance won't work. We're taking a break for at least two years."

"He lost you. I saw the fucking pain in his face downstairs as he lost you. You broke his fucking heart tonight. It nearly broke mine to witness it." Mandy snorted. "I can't fucking believe you were so full of yourself to think it was a 'jealousy test.' Maybe it was about jealousy for you, since you're being so selfish with your head up your ass. That was a torture test, plain and simple. Ivan was willing to suffer through your tormenting him as a sacrifice for his unborn child. That was parental love. A guy willing to go through that for his child before it's even born is a one in a million catch and worth more than any fucking job on the planet. I'd cut off my left tit to get a guy as good as Ivan in my life."

Mandy waved her hand at Nat in disgust as she stormed off.

After watching her leave, Nat turned to Ivan and said softly, "Congratulations, you won. I will honor the bet. I just hope you don't hate me now?"

"Why would I?" Ivan said sarcastically. "You seemed right at home pretending to be single tonight. I mean, why are we messing with the two-week bullshit? Let's just consider ourselves single now."

"I really never expected it to go so far," Nat said, crying, "I honestly expected you to be upset right away and quit. I was just trying to win the bet, that's all."

Ivan snorted. "I was upset right when you suggested it, and you fucking know it. Basically you got a green light to cheat and I had to suffer through watching it with everyone around watching. Mandy is bang on why I didn't concede."

"I know. I never saw it that way. I figured if it really bothered you if I was fooling around, you'd put a stop to it. Fuck, I wanted you to put a stop to it, and not just to win the bet." She shook her head and kicked at a rock on the patio. "When you didn't really react to Trenton, I was wondering if you already let me go in your mind. Ironically, I was hurt by that and got a little angry. I figured you were toying with me, and I wasn't going to let you get away with it. That's why I pushed things with those assholes. I figured you'd either submit or get angry enough to try and break things up; either way, I'd win."

"I reacted to Trenton. I just couldn't do it in a way to lose the bet." Ian looked at her bawling and wondered if she really was that upset or if it was pregnancy hormones. "How did I win, anyway? I'd never consider propositioning Mandy."

She wiped her eyes and took a couple breaths. "It wasn't just one thing, but a few hit me at once and I couldn't do it. I had to end the game. I was prepared for you to kiss and feel up some of our sluttier friends. It would really bother me, but not enough for me to quit. Endure so I would win, as you said. The way Mandy looked at you, and what she whispered to me..."

"Whispered to you?"

Nat frowned. "When she came up to read me the riot act, clearly she said to me, 'Fine, then I'm fucking him.' She cares for you and is so attracted to you, and she's so fucking pretty and perfect. I already could totally see you ending up with her once I'm gone, but having you discover feelings for her in front of me was too much.

"Add to that the fact Mandy was right; the pain on your face was so apparent. I knew then I misread you outside. You were really hurt, but wouldn't quit. I wasn't lying that I was prepared to fuck someone to win; I had that condom in my dress pocket. I would have, but you'd taken it and just suffered more. All that was going to happen is more suffering and possibly pushing you faster into my best friend's bed. I couldn't handle it, so I gave up."

Ian snorted. "So you mostly quit because it bothered you seeing me so upset? I doubt it."

Nat began crying again. "Yes, mostly. I feel so ashamed of myself that I could do that to you. And in front of our friends. I'm a such horrible person. When did I become that? I deliberately hurt the person I love the most and everyone knows."

Ian was silent as she cried. "Nat, why didn't you explain about our baby being a painful reminder of me? I took it as you just wanting me out of your life permanently to have clean slate to find someone new."

She shrugged.

"I am really struggling with the fact you made us try to essentially out humiliate the other just to end your pregnancy. Fine, I get it's a reminder of me. It still doesn't make sense to me why you want to end it so badly. I'm guessing it's not so you have an easier time replacing me?"

Nat shook her head vehemently "God no; even if I won, I wasn't planning on dating anyone. I meant it when I said that I hoped in two years we might be able to reconnect again."

He shook his head. "Why then? Especially with what we went through. Four years of trying and all we've had is three early miscarriages. This could still end with one."

That pushed her over the edge. She collapsed into his arms completely broken down.

He blinked. "Another miscarriage? Is that why you were so insistent in ending the pregnancy? You're worried you'll lose another one?"

"Yeeeeessss," Nat wailed. His collar was getting with from her tears.

He held her and rubbed her back until she was able to talk. "Each time that happened, I felt like it would kill me. The only reason I survived and moved on was you, Ive. You were my rock, my support and comfort. If it happens and I'm all alone without you, I don't think I'll recover. I'm terrified about that. I have nightmares almost every night of that happening."

"Oh, Nat...sweetie. Why can't you see the easiest solution for this?" Mandy said, approaching. "Sorry for eavesdropping, but everyone is gone and I turned off most of the lights."

Ivan nodded. "It's okay. You know everything anyway and aren't on anyone's side."

"Not true, I am totally Team Natalie. Even when that means giving her shit for acting like a dumbass," Mandy said. "Remember, I chased you off that woman thinking I was helping my best bud win a bet to see you in a tutu again."

"What woman?" Nat said looking at me, a little concerned. "I kept asking about you, and it didn't sound like you were trying to get with anyone at all. That's also why I felt so awful; you didn't even try to win. You just didn't try to lose."

Ivan shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "I might have gotten some payback on Trenton with April."

"Which he was ending right as I got there, and looking quite ashamed, to the cougar's big disappointment," Mandy said. "Nat, please, as your friend, listen to me. Taking that job is a big mistake. I'm guessing that's why you never told me because you knew that what I'd say. Yes, it sounds like an incredible opportunity compared to what we have. However, have you ever looked for other jobs closer? Even in another city or state could be manageable. Think carefully and consider all the pros and cons. That New Zealand job is going to cost you way too much. No job is better than a good marriage and you two had an amazing one."

"It's too late," Nat said sadly.

"I thought you weren't signing the contract and giving your notice until Monday?" Ivan said, looking surprised.

"No, it's too late for us. Ivan, I cheated on you with at least five different men and I'm sure everyone we know, knows about it." She shook her head. "I told myself it would be all right, I mean, we already had the appointment with the lawyer. I accused you of checking out of our marriage early, but I did that tonight. Mandy, I appreciate what you're trying to say. However, I was a fucking idiot and ended my marriage tonight."

"I thought you said you didn't have sex with anyone?" Ivan said feeling his face get warm. He already had an idea she was doing things that he didn't know about. Five different men?

Nat had a look of shame, crying again. "I was trying to get you upset enough to concede. I kissed all five of them with tongue. Most of them got to grab my ass, I mean, under my skirt and panties. A couple got to feel or suck on my tits and one..."

When she couldn't finish, Mandy added, "I was told that the guy she kicked out pulled her panties off with his mouth, probably getting a few good licks in the process. Sorry Nat, oral sex is sex. Speaking of, what about the guy bragging that you sucked and swallowed him? The bad spray-on tan and loud shirt."

Nat made a look of disgust. "Trenton? God, no. I mean, I admit I wanted Ivan to think that and was starting to give him a hand job. If he was telling people that, I owe him a throat punch."

Ivan sighed, "With April..."

Nat shook her head. "No, I don't want to hear. As long as you didn't fuck her is good enough for me. It's late, I better get to bed. I'll take the spare bedroom. You two can have the master."

"Nat?" Ivan and Mandy said almost simultaneously.

She paused and turned to her husband and friend. "Because of my actions tonight and being a completely horrible selfish bitch, Ivan, I'm giving you a hall pass for the duration of our marriage-the few weeks left of it. Please don't do anything in front of me, but if you and Mandy want the master bedroom, feel free to use it. I'll sleep with my AirPods."

"Natalie, wait. I don't want to steal your husband! I want my two best friends to be married and happy together," Mandy called out.

Ivan sighed. "No, I think she's right. I had a hard enough time with her doing those things when we were divorcing right away. Remaining married to her after that, especially facing our friends, they all probably think I was just being a cuck wimp while she was doing all that..."

"You fucked me," Mandy said sharply.

"What?" Ivan blinked.

"Everyone knows there was some big bet and obviously had to do with your marriage being open for that party. Believe me, people noticed and were all speculating." Mandy smiled, being proud of herself. "You won the bet because you fucked me. I'm sure enough saw us leaving the house together. And because you won the bet, Nat and you are staying together. I have no problem with people thinking that, I was willing anyway. I'd still be willing, if I didn't notice how much it would hurt Nat. She only suggested that to punish herself. You have to see how upset she is at herself."

He shook his head. "Mandy, it isn't that simple."

"Has Nat, or you, for that matter, ever done anything that remotely crosses the cheating line before? And now you understand why it was so important for her to win, do you really think she'd ever do anything like this again?"

"No to both, but..."

Mandy shrugged. "What but? It's clear she's quite remorseful, and it sounds like she's dealing with some serious mental health issues with the pregnancy on top of the stress of leaving you for a dream job. Can't you agree that wasn't the Nat we know doing all those things? Nat clearly didn't fuck anyone; people will think you did. And her pussy wasn't the only one fingered tonight, from what I saw of you and that cougar. She's the cuck, or whatever. I am happy to brag about you rocking my world so you come out as the stud and not the cuck here. Although, I think your integrity tonight was extremely sexy."

He stared at the condom packet on the ground and frowned. "I still have to deal with how she deliberately hurt me. Looked me right in the eye, daring me to stop it while he did those things to her. I know it was part of the stupid game, but she did it. Hell, she suggested it."

"Definitely, deal with it. You have every right to not accept her doing those things and demand she makes amends. Can't you deal with it while she's still living with you? You haven't put this place for sale yet, have you?"

Ivan shook his head. "No. All that was happening Monday. Finding a realtor, meeting with the lawyers and her giving her notice."

"Well, that gives you two days to convince her she has a chance. Or don't you still love her?"

Ivan gave her a look, like that was a stupid question.

"Well, go tell her you don't want her to go and want to deal with what happened tonight. And warn her I'm bragging to everyone that while she got felt up, I fucked her man. Or rather, her man fucked me so good my toes dislocated. Night, Ive."

When Ivan walked upstairs where the bedrooms were, it sounded like Nat was already asleep in the guest room. Deciding it would be best to let her sleep, he went right to sleep.

**

Ivan was already showered and dressed when Nat came downstairs in a long sleep shirt and a pair of his boxers. He was busy doing his least favorite part of hosting parties: cleaning up. He already tackled three rooms and had a stack of empty bottles and cans, as well as a huge bag of garbage. He couldn't help but notice the large fresh hickey on her neck that wasn't from him.

"Why didn't you wait for me? I'd help with this," Nat said meekly.

"Didn't want to wake you and I needed to keep myself occupied," Ivan said flatly. "Besides, there's still the kitchen. Fresh coffee there, as well."

"I'm just going to have tea. I need to watch my caffeine since I am trying to keep this." She rubbed her belly. "I guess if I was so certain I was winning, I wouldn't have abstained from booze last night."

Ivan frowned and nodded.

"Can I say something?" Nat asked nervously.

"Shoot."

"I know you were already drunk by the end of the night. Do you remember our talk after?"

Ivan didn't look at her. "You thought Mandy and I would have sex. I won the bet. You cheated on me with five guys. I cheated on you with one woman. You're still leaving me. About covers it, right?"

"How about me feeling like a horrible bitch and deeply regretting all of it, even suggesting that stupid bet? A bet that I expected to have ended right away." She looked like she was about to cry again.