One Last Bet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ivan snapped, "And that's why you were carrying a condom? If Mandy hadn't snatched me, I expect you'd had used it with meathead right then and there."

She collapsed onto a chair, crying.

"That was out of line; I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." Ivan sighed. "Look, I remember you being desperate to end your pregnancy because you were terrified to go through a miscarriage all alone across the globe."

She shook her head. "Not 'were,' I am terrified. I'm sorry if you thought I just didn't want to have your baby because we're not together anymore. That's not the case. It never was."

"I obviously remember that it looked like in your mind; we're already no longer committed. You have, what, two or three weeks before leaving the country? Going to call up any of the guys from last night?" Ivan nodded towards the corner of the room where the panties Nat had removed the night before were resting on the carpet. "Maybe he left his number in there. Or the hulk that was fingering you. He seemed like a catch; might even move to New Zealand with you. You definitely were undressing them with your eyes before you noticed me."

"Fine, you want me to admit it, I will," Nat snapped, tears running down her cheek, "Knowing I would soon be divorced and free to date other people, it was exciting to do that with those men, at first. It lost its appeal really quickly when I realized you weren't even trying and refusing to concede, even though I was really upsetting you. I tried to convince myself it was just to win the bet, and you'd realize that after it was over. Mandy was who clued me in that you were more than upset, and I was doing irreparable damage to us. That was opening the door wide open for her to swoop you up so we'd have zero chance to try again in two years. After you went outside with Mandy, I yelled for everyone to leave and went to cry in the bathroom until I felt brave enough to face you."

"Did any make you come?" Ivan asked softly.

"What?"

He looked at her. "You had mouths and fingers on your pussy and bare tits. Did any bring you to orgasm?"

Nat shook her head. "No, not even close. Of course, I was aroused and it felt good, but I was thinking of you and the bet too much to feel anything more than that. I was more concerned with winning than sexual pleasure."

"And now we're no longer together..." Ivan turned his back and went back to cleaning. "You can go enjoy that all you want since we don't even share a bed."

"Is this what this is about? What I said last night and sleeping in the guest room?" Nat said in a frustrated tone. "Ivan, I feel fucking horrible how I acted, even though I expected you to be doing the same. I don't expect you to want anything to do with me, never mind share a bed for our last few weeks. Listen carefully, I do not want a hall pass. Last night was more than enough until after I'm no longer pregnant and moved on from you. I'm giving you permission to have a little payback before I'm gone. I really don't see why you should go without just because I haven't left yet."

"Mandy is telling everyone I had sex with her."

Nat looked like she just was slapped. "Oh, um, I guess I deserve that since our guests noticed me a lot more than you. Okay, is that why you're up and dressed already? She didn't need to get up early to run and hide from me. I think I still want to visit a bit before I leave, and of course stay in touch. It will be awkward, but I think I can handle it."

"Nothing happened between us at all last night. Not even a kiss, Nat." Ivan said with a snort. "She left five minutes after you went inside."

Nat tried to hide her relief. "Well, that's... too bad. Wait, why is she lying?"

He waved his hand in the air, not even looking at her. "Because she thinks you were visited by three ghosts in the night who showed you the true meaning of marriage, and now you'll give up that fucking job offer that meant more to you than remaining married to me. Fuck, you know it almost would've been easier to accept some sleazy cunt with a giant cock. He fucked you better than I ever could, so you're leaving me. Oh no, a fucking advertising company in New Zealand stole my wife after what I thought were six amazing years of marriage, other than our pregnancy losses, which I thought made us a stronger couple."

"I see you're in a great mood today."

"I'm tired, hung over, and woke up to realizing I still had no say in my fucking marriage ending." Ivan shook his head. "I also feel like such a fucking idiot for letting you talk me into that stupid fucking game. I figured some dirty dancing and maybe some kissing before you figured out it wasn't going to work. No, you let multiple guys get way past second base. Fuck, one went past third. So I'm a little pissed off at my life right now, me for not saying fuck the bet and punching those fuckers off, and maybe at you, as well, for putting me through that. Oh, and me for not punching out our neighbor and for finger-fucking his wife who offered to make me forget you in her bed. Good thing we're not married anymore, so you don't have to put up with me."

"You regret winning now?" Nat said in almost a shriek. Her hand touched her belly.

Ivan looked at her and frowned. "I regret that I even had to play that fucking game to save our baby. That you made me do it. Don't worry, I'm sure I get over it, just not now."

"Ivan, I still don't understand why Mandy would say you two had sex. Is that her way of punishing me? Was I supposed to believe that, as well? Please just tell me without the Scrooge references. You know I hate those movies."

Ivan snorted and gestured with his hand. "Right after you left, Mandy naively thought the only reason now that you're going to New Zealand is because you think you humiliated me in front of our friends last night and don't think I'd ever forgive you, that you would put me and our family above your career in the end. She thinks if people think while you got all fondled, I actually was somewhere fucking her, people won't think I'm some pathetic loser who allowed all these guys to take liberties with my wife. Instead, I was the one who got laid last night and won the bet. Ta-da, reputation saved! You really didn't fuck or suck anyone last night, did you? Because you and Trenton looked pretty fucking close to closing the deal. I don't even know anything about two, since I assume Lester wasn't one of the five."

"I told you everything that happened. The two you didn't see didn't get as far as Trenton and weren't anyone you knew. The worst thing was letting that guy remove my panties with his mouth, which he took farther than I wanted. That fucker Trenton was lying! And I told you how awful I feel about it. I hoped now you'd understand why I felt so strongly about ending my pregnancy. Sleeping on it, I agree that was a stupid fucking decision, and suggesting that bet was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I know I fucked up and don't need your snide comments reminding me of that. Living with the consequences will be punishment enough. Alone and away from my child and the love of my life."

Ivan frowned. "I'm more mad at me than you now, okay? Sorry if I'm taking it out on you. Yes, I understand better, but still don't agree with it. I think you know exactly what part. Can we please drop it? As you can see, I'm really grumpy, but too tired to fight about any of this. We fought enough before deciding we were over."

She shook her hands in frustration. "Dammit, I'm not trying to fight. I'm trying to apologize. Please, Ivan. I was wrong and I'm admitting it. I'm not just mad; I hate what I did. And the cherry on the fucking cherry of the mess is that Mandy is right."

"What about?"

Nat started to cry. "Everything Mandy said about other jobs was right. I knew it before she said it; I just wish the fuck I did before that party. If I thought you could forgive what I did last night, I'd now turn down the offer without hesitation. Feel free to tell me 'I told you so." Or whatever else. Those spats that ruin the final week of what was an amazing marriage were for nothing, because you were right and I was wrong."

Ivan rolled his eyes. "So, I had to tolerate those assholes pawing my wife's bare tits for nothing? Not punching out the shithead who was bragging about licking your pussy, with your fucking panties in his pocket like a fucking trophy for nothing? Watching you willingly get finger-fucked with me right there to watch for nothing? That's what you're apologizing for?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry Ivan. I-I-I will leave so I stop upsetting you. Pack a bag and go. I told you, I know I crossed a line."

"No don't. Fuck!" Ivan kicked a crushed beer can. "I fucking agreed to it. I did that to myself. Please answer me one thing, and then I just need some space to cool off, okay?"

Nat nodded and wiped her eyes. "Sorry, I can't stop crying."

He pointed towards the door. "If I forgave you for what you did, what you let those assholes do right in front of me, would you have any respect for me?"

Nat didn't answer right away. "I don't have any respect for myself right now. If you just forgave me, no harm no foul like it wasn't a big deal, I don't think so. You'd never do that, because you are a man I respect so much. If you made sure I deserved your forgiveness, of course I would."

"So how the fuck do I make sure you deserve my forgiveness?" Ivan sighed loudly shaking his head. "I mean, would you give up your dream job for a chance I might get past what happened last night? I can safely tell you it won't just take two days, if at all."

"I-I-I don't know," Nat said crying. "I don't know the answer to either. Can you least tell me, do I have a chance remaining married to you? I was so fucking wrong to not follow your advice before, but I will now. Ivan, should I still take the job?"

**

One Year Later

Ivan, as he'd done so many times, just stood staring into the crib. His two-and-a-half month old daughter looked so perfect sleeping, he couldn't not smile watching her.

"I might have figured you'd be doing your favorite hobby," a female voice said, entering the room.

"You're welcome to join me."

"Oh, it's a group activity type-of-hobby?" Mandy asked.

She stood beside him, peering down and putting a hand on his arm.

"Notice what day it is?" Ivan said, still watching his daughter.

She sighed loudly. "Of course, I hoped you wouldn't. How are you?"

Ivan took a few shallow breaths and then shook his head. "One year ago was one of the most emotionally hard nights of my life. Seeing her, though, makes it worth it. You were right. It was all for her. I hate it had to happen, but fucking glad I endured."

"What about after? Any regrets or second thoughts about that?"

Ivan put his arm around her and gently kissed the top of Mandy's head. "Honestly, no. Initially, I did overthink and wonder if it was the right choice, but not any longer. Do you think her mother has any?"

"Maybe ask her," said a new voice. "May I ask why we bother getting Amanda's godmother to stay to watch her while I'm working overtime when you spend all your time here staring at her."

Nat approached and stood on the other side of Mandy, putting her arm around her and kissed gently her cheek.

"Okay, that threesome thing was a joke you know, right?" Mandy said with a little giggle.

"I couldn't help but overhear, and think my darling husband was just thanking our dear friend for what she did a year ago," Nat said, reaching around to squeeze Ian's hand. "I'm doing the same. But, I will split your cunt horizontally like an avocado before letting you fuck my husband for real."

"Avocado? Really?" Mandy said with a giggle. "I guess enough time has past to tell you I was bluffing that night when I threatened to have sex with Ivan. I knew he'd never cheat on you."

"I know," Nat said, a tear running down her cheek. "And never will I ever cheat on him. I owe him everything I have for saving her life that night. Everything. No job in the world is worth more than this perfect angel or life with this man."