All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 10'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJover 2 years ago

Damn, feel so sorry for Jay. Eric needs to get his shit together and I'm glad Jay's friends are amazing. Hope he doesn't rebound on Louis, he's a nice guy.

JRSONJRSONover 2 years ago

This chapter left me frustrated and feeling very sad for Jay and Eric both! At the same time fascinated that things have become clearer concerning Eric and some of his baggage! I liked Eric initially, the chemistry, and the way he treated Jay in the beginning. Was it all a selfish seductive game? I don't think it was, at least all of it! I honestly think things just got complicated after the stupid kiss with Jess, and he took the easiest path, knowing he could not explain why he could not be around Jay (Jay made it clear he was not happy being avoided) while his father was in the picture! I think Eric has deeper feelings than he allows anyone to see! He seems confused and maybe he is just a bit to much like his prick father in his need to control everything! He did not enjoy being called out by Jay or the other friends for his thoughtless, hurtful, behavior!

I am really disappointed and angry within Eric for what he did to hurt Jay, but now also what he did to Louis! What a dick move with both guys, all to please daddy!

I also kind of understand his situation with his prick Pastor father! I also had an overbearing critical, abusive father growing up, that may have beat me to death if I had come out as gay!! Obviously that was his most worrisome concern over what was happening, not Jay! He should have at least tried to explain to Jay what was happening in his head because of his controlling father! Jay kind of sealed the deal by the way he reacted after being blindsided! His reaction was what most would expect, and did not allow for that explanation! Understandable, but the whole thing really ended badly! Eric has some serious sexual identity issues to sort out, the collateral damage he has caused the entire group now is toxic! Possibly being ostracized from the friend group will help him try to make things right! Maybe he should just get with Jess, they seem like two peas in a pod to me! Perfect self centered power couple! I could see them even getting married, and with a couple of kids, and having Eric sneaking around and cheating to fill his obvious appetite for man sex!

After his dad leaves, will Eric even make an attempt to patch things up with Jay, or like the dick he is, just find someone else to seduce and use like he did with Louis! It would be helpful to know how all of this is really effecting Eric! Maybe Eric's POV would help the reader see and understand Eric better! Having said all that, I hope Jay stays clear of him, gets over him and finds someone worth sharing his heart and virginity with! Sadly Eric has now wounded him. He will likely have trust issues down the road and the fear of being hurt again!

Not sure what path the author will take with any of this mess, but the possibilities are endless! The sexual chemistry was hot between Jay and Eric, to bad Eric fucked it all up and took the easy way out and hurt Jay! People like Eric, rarely care enough to try to fix the hurt they cause! They just move on to the next chapter in the players game!

Obviously Louis has a crush on Jay... I hope the personal info he shared about Eric was not a selfish ploy to take advantage of Jays vulnerability! I don't see any chemistry from Jay towards Louis, but I am intrigued with the underlying current that seems to be simmering between Jamie and Jay! I'm invested in this story and looking forward to seeing how things go from here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is such a great story! The characters are really compelling. My only thought is that I think a lot of gay people coming out go through the unreasonable pressure of people around them causing doubt about who they are. I don’t think Eric is a bad person, he deserves compassion from his friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

While I had commented on the dark undercurrent in the previous chapters and the vibe that Eric was going to hurt Jay, it didn’t quite play out in the expected way. It was much more compelling and complex that I’d imagined. The kiss with Jess seems to lean toward his confused bisexuality, but the overbearing controlling religious father really seems to be at the root of Eric’s issues. I do feel sorry for Eric as he clearly seems miserable, but the choices and behaviors he exhibited to Jay were simply intolerable and unforgivable. He has shattered Jay’s innocence is a deeply profound way. I hope Eric realizes that, since he’s now got a pattern of this pain-causing behavior. Eric said he’s been sexual with 3 other guys and 2 girls before Jay. I wonder if both Jess and Louis are part of that count - neither case is confirmed but both seem quite likely. Wonder if Eric pulled this same pattern on the other two previous guys too, with whom he seems to have had more serious sexual histories since he mentioned topping and bottoming in his past. Seems that those activities would trigger even deeper remorse and confusion about his right path. I understand that Eric needs help from his friends but I also understand that someone so deeply controlled by a parent, causing a lot of toxic and hurtful behaviors toward all around him, is a very difficult person to endure the pain required to help him. I’m very interested in where this story goes from here. Seems that Jay and Louis will get closer and maybe Jay will realize that attraction built on more than just sexy good looks is a stronger, more enduring foundation…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES