All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 19'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJover 2 years ago

Wowzers! Well first, I know Eric was going to do that to Nick as well. 2nd Eric is such a lying scumbag. 3rd I felt a tiny bit bad for Nick after Jay went off on him, but threatening to out someone wasn't cool.

Glad Jay was able to talk to Ellie and Louis about what happened though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The argument and hateful words between Jay and Nick hurt. I like Nick. He is sexually open and so incredibly talented. I hope Nick also has a friend like Louis who listens to him, comforts him and helps him through this crisis.

mfa607mfa607over 2 years ago

Awesome chapter! I think my favorite. Eric is a mess and I had felt bad for him prior to this chapter. Although it’s highly likely his father is the cause of him being such a mess.

I’m glad Jay stuck up for himself with Nick. I can’t wait to see how this wraps! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So wholesome. Love this chapter.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Louis. Louis Louis Louis. Good grief Jay is thick headed. Bit of a crack in his thick skull, maybe? I'm feel empathy for Eric, really I do. Nick is an incidental mess. Jamie is due to resurface isn't he? But Louis. This isn't Another Day ...

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

Just 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 for the comments.

And that is all. 😁 Working on the next ones now.

readerfeederreaderfeederover 2 years ago

The story about Louis' first boyfriend was strangely sweet. Even though it didn't work out in the end, there was something very endearing and innocent about it.

I've felt frustrated in previous chapters about how forgiving Jay and Louis are to Eric, and am glad that they've wised up to him, finally (hopefully). Jay let Jess off the hook to easily as well. I have a little, but not much, sympathy for Nick - he comes across as sexually manipulative and petty, but Eric is a general tool so it's not surprising what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I get that these characters are only 18 and are impulsive and horny and make mistakes. But these mistakes cause real pain and have real consequences, but each scenario and each character seems to be easily let off the hook, oh it’s ok, it’s fine. When it actually isn’t fine. Cheating, lying, manipulating feelings, causing and ignoring pain…. These are bad behaviors that need to be stopped and not immediately forgiven as if they were little mishaps. In comparison, Louis’ story was nothing. And his understanding and support is self-destructive to his psyche as he puts everyone’s feelings before his own. Jay certainly doesn’t deserve him. When Louis comforted Jay by saying “you’ve done nothing wrong” I laughed out loud. It was pitiful that he’d dilute Jay’s behaviors which clearly had to be hurtful for him to learn - and realize that Jay had kept it from him for some time. It’s becoming clear that this reader just doesn’t see things the same as they are being depicted in this story. That makes me disappointed and sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES