All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 24'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJover 2 years ago

Aww so hot and sweet at the same time

whydomenwhydomenover 2 years ago

Bravo! It's hard to believe that it's been 7 months since the first chapter. I've enjoyed the ride and the conclusion to the story. Thanks for sharing your writing, and I look forward to reading more from you in the future :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well worth waiting for....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't often write fan mail but I couldn't let the end of this beautiful series pass without saying how much I've enjoyed it. You've written the only series that I've actively looked forward to reading. Thank you for the pleasure your writing has given me and I hope you write something else soon.

armplasmaarmplasmaover 2 years ago

Congrats for a really nice story. Has been a joy following this series.

I think Jamie's story hasn't ended here and you can continue w/ that if you want. I also think that Jay & Jamie could be a good couple if Louis isn't there, or if Jay waited several months for Jamie. His main reservation on Jamie is that he doesn't feel too attached to him bc Jamie doesn't give himself emotionally to Jay. And based on your insinuation lately, I think Jamie is just discovering his true feelings for Jay.

But still so glad for the ending bc Louis is a great person and deserve everything good in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed this series. Please write something else soon.

Thank you

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Tomorrow will be seven months to the day since this rewrite started posting as a commenter mentioned. It’s the lines, and plot twists, like this one, that kept my attention: “… Caitlyn surged forward, like a big, pink predator, and their faces collided.” So good. Ah, Angela. Been a favorite of mine throughout. In the US, this ends on Prom Night. As an old guy I’m stuck with a song, a slow dance: The Morning After by Maureen McGovern. Something from my youth, my childhood really. There has to be a morning after. Bravo and thank you BradleyScott for this magical adventure. So happy you’re “alive”. And I have to say: Louis!!! One more thing I haven’t commented on in my (many) comments: Elohim. Dear God, save me from your followers. Cheers Dear Author, Cheers!

readerfeederreaderfeederover 2 years ago

what a sweet ending! agree with the comment below, would love to see more from these characters, even following what happens with Nick or Jamie - just not ready to let go of these guys yet.

congrats on finishing your rewrite, a huge accomplishment! Looking forward to what you come up with next

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks everyone! I really find editing to be a massive chore, and without sounding corny or anything, knowing that there are people out there who are reading, loving and getting excited about my story is probably the main thing that's gotten me through it. So thanks! You, my much appreciated readers, have really played your part in this, and I'm incredibly grateful. 🥰🥰🥰

The next story's going to be the other one that I abandoned when I was younger. The chapters will go up first on Radish, but they're going to find their way here too. After that, I'm definitely planning on some sequels for OMY, in which I can reasonably say Jamie and Nick will both be back for. (Same university, and all that.) As for Eric, he'll be avoiding Jay, but the character is slowly winning me over, and I have an adventure in mind.

But hey, I'll save the narcissistic rambling about my writing for somewhere else. Like my blog. Or my newsletter, which you should really sign up for - there's an Epilogue for One More Year, which I won't be releasing here, but you can get for free by signing up for my mailing list. (Which will also be a great place to find out what I'm doing, and where I'm doing it next.) Details in my bio.

BUT ANYWAY. Thanks so much for reading, and commenting, and just making this an amazing journey in general. I've really had the best time writing this story and I'm so glad you all finally got to see the ending that's been brewing in my head (and partially sitting on my hard-drive) since the beginning of the damn year. 😅

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great end to the story! I will follow up to read the epilogue and look forward to sequels. Thank you for the great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love this series! You are a great writer! Would like to read more about Jay and Louis together as a couple.

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

I'm back from a break that I forced on myself, and working on my next projects, but just dropping in to say thank you so much everyone for reading, enjoying, and thanks so much for the comments - it's always so special to me to see that people are enjoying. Hope I see you all around for the next one. 💝

Hutchison12Hutchison12about 2 years ago

Loved the entire series, fantastic !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love this story and didn't want it to end. I am glad you made Louis and Jay finally get together. Please write more stories you are a very talented story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for an absolutely Great Story! Loved every chapter of this coming of age story of Jay! All the confusing coming with it was told in a way that paid tribute to the sincerity of this phase for every Teenager plus waving in the additional fact of being gay but all in a light and easy way to read and enjoy or even sometimes being reminded of my own feelings back then or still today....

Thanks for this again and looking forward to read more from u.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Superb story with good storyline, excellent characterisation and sharp, witty dialogue.

A thoroughly satisfying read - easily 5 stars

Thank you for creating and posting for our enjoyment.

Cane23Cane237 months ago

The biggest gem of this amazing novel are the characters. It's coming of age story with dreams, insecurities, emotions, friendships and first loves. Characters are so real and authentic that reader has a feeling that he might know them from the neighborhood. Development and grow of the main character are wonderfully and intelligently written. You cheer him, laugh with him, cry with him...and sometimes, you want to punch him. But then again, you realize that he is just teenage boy with wild hormones and lot of curiosity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES