All Comments on 'One Slip: The Sacrifice & Aftermath'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments (Page 2)
BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5* not a RAAC fan, but this one is realistic and very well written. Write on!

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Interesting Thoughts

DFW, you caused a number of thoughts to roll around in my brain pan. While a bit long in the tooth in a couple areas, the thought process and reasoning of both MCs is well done. The concept of an inmate having plenty of time to think is a worthy observation that fits well into these mental deliberations. Interesting that many LW fans have less than zero tolerance for "One Slip" - apparently they forget the foolish things they did or said over a lifetime, while trusting a friend or otherwise dropping their defenses. Possibly, they have an unblemished history (I do not.) Although I am not a big fan of Recon - this rendition reads true, including the ongoing pain and uncertainty (the "cost" part of RAAC) all the characters face. Many thanks for an enjoyable contribution. Pleased to see you still active - Keep 'em comin'.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Another Thought

I liked the philosophical level discussion of the reliance Donna had on "trust" of her situation among partying friends and of the expected behavior of her personal friend Gil. This proved to be the chink in her defenses along, presumably, with the "affluence of incohol." Her recognition that all instances of trust in her future would be suspect and possibly unreliable, leads her to a more cautious and presumably more-in-control future. Good development of a concept that addresses the question, "How do I trust you in the future?" No guarantees are given, just assurance that a new, higher barrier to failure now exists.

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago
One of my favourites

5 stars, loved it, big kudos to patricia51 for the awesome setup.

For how angry and hurt Steve was, I really liked that he was patient with Donna to wait out the year, gave each other time & space to process what happened while keeping the communication flowing. The thoughts that Donna was going through and her feelings were a very nice touch.

Only real nitpick I had was the gun stuff because I'm not American or familiar with US laws so I'm surprised that Donna got sentenced a year in prison considering it's a self defense case (reasonable believe that her husband is in danger), he was only injured, and it became a he says/she says situation, most likely with the other crimes tying up to her testimonies, I would assume he would've been charged with perjury, voiding his contradictory testimonies against her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Tim

Depends on location and whether it’s a hollow point.

All

Not sure how it’s her shoulder hurting rather than hand, wrist etc but good story. Interesting comment about different sentencing for revolver vs semi auto. I’d like to read up on that. Where is that the case?

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Best

I think this is the best ending to One Slip. Great writing with great emotion. Still it’s hard to understand how much a woman loves her husband and family, then instantly gets on her knees and gives a blow job to anybody. Doesn’t compute in my world. Thank you

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 4 years ago

@COYS

There are men and women out there who actively press their desires on others regardless of their active relationships. There are people with 'loose' morals who infect others with their thinking, even if only for a short time. Some people will agree with your thinking to your face but do the opposite when able to and deception is very easy to some. The trouble with deception is that it relies on other people believing so more often than not, it's the good people that get hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The thing is great love does

stop this. there are literally dozens of chances for the love to kick in. the time often hours . The forms of foreplay the actual penetration the thoughts needs to perform oral sex. It really boils down to the fact that if it happens it definitively is not your soul mate. It might be an affection and certain type of codependency love. But it isn't an overwhelming respect and mutual love that others cannot penetrate.

Those people who have that jump out of their skin if an unexpected situation happens to get away from it.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

4*, good butttt, what happen to Gil? Blackmail? A baseball bat haircut? Yes, she cheated for 20min, but she did confess before discovery.

/

She shot Gil protecting not just her husband but the threat Gil just put upon her children. Gil came to Steve's office armed with a Glock (finger prints prove it). She could be in 'reasonable fear for her life' even if his gun was on the desk after Gil jacked a round in the chamber implying a death threat; who could prove Gil was not reaching for the Glock?" "Who could prove she was not roofied; until she saw the blackmail pictures she willingly gave her husband - not remember the sex until the pictures?" She had a shitty lawyer.

/

Will she cheat, again - highly highly doubtful. But can Steve recognize this - apparently. But will she get over her guilt and harm to her family?

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
I gave it a 4

it would've been a 5 but he took her back.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Well Written

I noticed a lot of comments stating that if she cheated she really didn't love Steve. Not all behavior is conscious. I can remember times when I drove home from work while concentrating on a problem I had with an employee. I couldn't remember ever stopping at a stop light or making any of the many decisions it takes to drive 20 miles home. Then when you throw neurotransmitters and hormones in the mix your body is reacting without thought. Plus, she had been drinking. They always flirted harmlessly in the past, she found him attractive and obviously he was an accomplished predator. She trusted him enabling him to subtly physically seduce her. The coat, the touches, the soft whispers then the subtle stimulations of erogenous zones. The lust clears and with it conscious thought returns. If you honestly think about it it's more than possible. Thank you for another well thought out and written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The pictures told it all

The pictures the evil idiot took showed this wife's pleasure cheating. I would have turned my back on her after helping her negotiate the legal system. Once a cheater always a cheater. She would have kept doing it if not for being blackmailed. When your dog bites you , get rid of it if you don't want to get bit again.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What a lot of gobbledygook, she cheated, she admits it, does not why and cannot explain. But she will regain his trust but cannot say she won’t fall again. She cannot guarantee anything in fact beyond just saying over and over have faith and just trust.

And, he the silly cuck is happy to go along with her bullshit.

Give me a break!!!!!

This is my second read, I originally gave this 4/5, but now, no, this is bullshit excuses from a woman who still wants freedom of manoeuvre. She in fact promises her husband nothing.

This now rates 1/5, it a disgusting story of a cheat and her willing cuckold.

Cuck stories always get 1/5. So be it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A very good effort! Well done!!!!

A bit long though - much longer than the original story! This is a very good effort of someone else’s story. I liked it for it examined all that has happened and gave very good reasons for how they should approach it. This wasn’t easy as it may seem but you did very well – I LIKED IT! Thanks for taking up the challenge! Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A very good ditty!

This is a very good effort of someone else’s story. I liked it for it examined all that has happened and gave very good reasons for how they should approach it. The best explanation I ever heard of a wife accused of cheating ever uttered or thought about. Nowhere did I think she is just making excuses for this slip – but she was and always came across as genuine a person that MUST be given a second chance to rectify a mistake. You’re a damn good writer! This wasn’t easy as it may seem but you did very well – I LIKED IT! Thanks for taking up the challenge! Well done

eibirbeibirbover 3 years ago

I think this is a fine attempt at resolving the story. It does not mzke excuses but acknowledges guilt. It also recognizes love and its power. Forgiveness can overcome hurt and reconciliation can be redemptive. You leave your own hanging conclusion which is apptopriate. Only time will reveal the outcome of their love versus the loss and pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It was alright but that's all it was. Honestly, I can imagine a momentary slip happening to anyone, especially when there is intoxication involved. Just because you are in love and devoted to someone doesn't mean attraction to another doesn't exist. In the right circumstances I can see how someone with whom you are attracted takes advantage of a unique opportunity to seduce you. It's like the planets aligning. What actually occurs would depend on several factors, attraction, self control, self respect and respect for your spouse. At a certain point there will be a moment when your conscience will break through your arousal and lust. It is at that moment when a slip turns to willfull cheating. Most people are really not honest about that though.

For example, kissing, touching, groping, fingering, stroking. Those are all mutually distracting. Stopping to give a blow job however... see i think that personally that would allow for conscious thought to break through. Even the act itself would distract because a woman is going to recognize differences between her husband's penis and the one she is sucking.

Anyway, this followup was just alright because I really didn't like Steve.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Great writing. Captured emotion very well

PdgriggsPdgriggsover 3 years ago

This is a wonderfully written story. You stayed true to the characters as originally written, and wound a believable outcome through the thoughts of the people involved. Some stories should be written as though this is what could happen if this was real people, living in a real world. I believe you have done this successfully. A wonderful tribute to Patricia51's original story. 5 stars! Thank-you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

Stayed true to the original and was a good continuation and end. When will women understand that there is no such thing as, "HARMLESS FLIRTING"! It's harmless until one or the other party is overcome with lust! Resisting it is what fidelity is all about.Yeah one can slip but only if one gives in to lust and forgets one's marriage Vows. Very well written. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's hard to sell a reconciliation...

but this story succeeds. It's certainly NOT a RAAC. Bravo! Well conceived and executed.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

He's just another CUCK... So many opportunities to divorce her slutty ass, get FULL custody, rPermenant restraining order!!! All wasted!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
MarkT63 comment

Seriously, why do you even bother reading? You know the topic and outcome yet bitch and complain about it anyways? Also, learn what a cuck actually is. You sound stupid using it wrong. Great follow up story, yes cheating can be forgiven, very rarely but it happens.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 3 years ago
Nice believable story

This is a very good, well written story of what can really happen. In Carry that burden the event was planned and callously executed, in this story it was an event that was a one shot unplanned issue. One is unforgivable the other CAN be eventually overcome, it would never be the same but can be repaired. The snake that bit her she thought was a friend. Very good study of what could be. Very well thought out and written.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Beautiful ending! THANKS!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Buy into a few RAAC this is one. Good story enjoyed

jtwheels

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Steve is a world class wimpy cuckold! The author can't hide it behind guns and shooting. She's a cheating whore, repentant only because of her kids and fear of losing face and lifestyle. Steve is turning his back on his beliefs so he can take back his whore and that means he has no self respect at all.

traddisagaintraddisagainover 3 years ago
human nature

The need for a woman to occasionally accept and enjoy another man,s attention is very strong. It reassures her that she is still attractive and the thrill of a different man consuming, using her body is all consuming .

Donovan7777Donovan7777about 3 years ago
No fear

I never felt Donna’s fear of losing. Story lacked her sense of not knowing where she stood. Needs work

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

A wimpy cuckold and a stupid RAAC bullshit story. This man has no self respect at all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Story

Nicely done. Steve was not a cuck, nor was he a wimp. Just because he didn't burn Donna didn't mean he was weak. For Donna it was a stupid SLIP and she recognized it. She was honest and sensible enough to take the matter to her husband. Would have liked to see a little more emotion from Donna. Her self control came across as almost cold! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not bad

Pretty good redemption story. Also, if you commented this as a cuckold story you need a dictionary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Continuation of the Original Story

The logic of the original set-up called for a RAAC ending. She fucked up big time, she should have told her husband sooner, but when the blackmail threat was made she had both the courage and good sense to simply say no. Her actions trying to protect her husband, who may well have been killed himself by the nefarious Gil, is another plus in her favor.

I completely understand those who would refuse to ever forgive a wife who was unfaithful. Forgiving a woman who had shattered her marriage vows is almost impossible for any self respecting man (same is true for a woman to forgive a cheating husband). But this is one where a husband might forgive her and still be able to maintain his self-respect.

In any event, very well-written and an excellent conclusion to the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a tough one. Yes, she made a mistake, but her explanation that she can’t guarantee she will do it again, are weak. A lot of women, especially that are, or used to be good looking, are Narcissist’s. They need a “fix” of other males attention, like a drug addict needs a hit of dope. Considering all they have been through, you would have thought her reaction could have been more along the lines” I don’t know why, but we are going to find a counselor and find out, as I want to be able to assure you, this will never happen again. “ Also, through jail she should have been able to get some sort of counseling, even if hubby had to pay for it.

Funny thing about Narcissists. I am reminded of the frog, you will not leap from a pot, if the water temp is turned up gradually. Beauty fades gradually. One day, you look in the mirror, and wonder who the person is, that is looking back at you. Then you only have your memories, good and bad, to keep you warm at night....

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 3 years ago

Awesome! The pain sure felt real, for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She is a fuckin slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She said it herself

The problem facing them was trust. She closed her eyes when she shot Gil, so just injured him. But her eyes were fully open when she took aim at her marriage, at her husband's trust in her, and her aim was perfect. Hell, she closed one eye, put both hands on the gun, to make doubly sure. Gil was injured, but the trust, and her marriage, were D. O. A.

She didn't confess to her husband out of guilt or remorse, but out of self preservation. If Gil hadn't tried to blackmail her, she would never have been honest with him. She had massive regret, but no remorse.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

Very well done, Beast! A great way to pay homage to patricia51!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed your conclusion to the story. I'm assuming Patricia is not with us anymore? 5*

Texican1830Texican1830almost 3 years ago

Wow! Well, that was tough to read. I hope Bubba took good care of Gil over in the other prison. Maybe Bellows Construction had another house for Bubba’s kids - I sure hope so.

I knew ‘Gil’ earlier in my life; used his friends gleefully while sugar would’ve melt in his mouth, and he greeted people like he was running for office while plotting how to fuck their wives and daughters. Karma caught up with him too, but not before he ruined marriages and lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Per your direction I found Patricia51's original story and thank you for leading me to a great opening avenue of thought but now I'll have to look for other follow-on entries. If anything happens in future stories of these characters it should be that Mia learns that she has a benefactor with a job for her when she is released. Not only would it be a proper response to protecting Donna’s butt put it would be a constant reminder that some times you got to take responsibility for your life choices.

As for Steve and Donna I can see him forgiving her stupidity and keeping the mother of his children in his home and love. I also know that neither of them will ever forget how close they came to destroying their marriage and trust.

Now, where is that story index

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

If I had one complaint it would be not linking the original either in the story itself or your favs but thats just me being pedantic. A very good follow-up to a good but unfortunately incomplete story that feels like a natural follow-up unlike the rest. A good well earned reconciliation after a screw-up that is not justified but more understandable then some. Maybe Donna was not perfect, its debatable whether she would have confessed had Gil hadn't tried to turn her into his sex slave, but in the end she did the right thing and protected her family. .44 to the shoulder, shocked if Gil will be able to clap anymore. 5 star story, rated it even higher then the original.

Beast1961caBeast1961caalmost 3 years ago

I've never read the original... but, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice ending to a much better story.

Bill

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

My problem would be EVER kissing the mouth that sucked another mans cock!!! Those pictures would forever haunt me as her "husband"...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Once a cheater ! Living with a cheater is the ultimate form of torture. You so desperately want to believe that they will never do it again. It’s like cancer, it eats away at you. You can never truly trust them again. All it takes is for a colleague to smile at an inappropriate moment or one her friends to giggle when you walk into the room or any of a myriad of trivial things. Then when you find out it’s happening again it will destroy you and ruin your life for ever. You will never, ever trust anyone again.

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 2 years ago

Great story. Better the second time

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think this story is the best that it gets, if there is a wife cheating in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good writing, I would have gave it a 5 star if he had divorced her.. still 4 stars is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW....so easy she forgiven... Well I guess this is what you called fiction even though how absurd it is... Just one star 🌟

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Okay I am calling bullshit on "no one can promise not to cheat or fall in love" line.... yes they can, it is called havng the CHARACTER OF CHRIST

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars on this one . Yes the wife had screwed up and ended up having Sex with another Man . But She paid the Blackmailer back with that Clint Eastwood Gun . If that had gone to trial I would have let her walk on shooting the Blackmailer . But I would have nailed her for firing a gun in City Limits . Also I had taught My ex to shoot . She is not good with the big guns but does really well with her .380 auto .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting story. The plot certainly had me glued to the screen. However, I felt the reconciliation a little quick and forced. In another of your stories you had a long and drawn out process for the reconciliation (Story: Carry That Weight: Beast Of Burden) which I found to be much more understandable from the readers point of view. In comparison to said story, the character development of the male is lacking in this story. May be intentional, however, it leads to a one sided quick reconciliation without properly addressing how the actual work of of that process was completed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awe, ain't that special 😂

Good read 4⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One thing would have helped this story would be to put some fear into Donna that Steve was getting some booty so he could regain the manhood she deprived from him by her slut act.

When Steve said he wasn't doing Connie and why, he could throw out a hypothetical. "Then again, maybe I have been banging Connie and not telling you so as to not to hurt you by my thoughtless actions."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. I liked it very much. After his best friend threatened to shoot her husband and she shot him instead, I would have forgiven her at once for the slip. Action speaks louder than words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dude. Either you have never been on the receiving end of cheating.

Or you did the ultimate mistake of forgiving a cheater.

Or the most likely scenario -> you are a woman who cheater on her significant other and are trying to justify or get you happy ending here. Even though your stories start off great, they end Badly.

No husband would forgive his wife without getting his pound of flesh. There is no pound of flesh here.

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944about 2 years ago

Good story, good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

True to life.

My morals are back and white, but life is not.

Part of the problem today in the USA (and other 'Western' cultures) is the close-mindedness of so many who think their way is the only way to think. "No husband would forgive his wife without getting his pound of flesh." shows the ignorance of a small mind. Such a mind cannot conceive that others look at life differently. If someone does, then that individual is less that human and an object of scorn.

"One thing would have helped this story would be to put some fear into Donna that Steve was getting some booty so he could regain the manhood she deprived from him by her slut act."

How pathetic that people think that my manhood is determined by the actions of another. No one can take that from me. I act to be true to myself and not to please others, or to be twisted into their concepts of morality.

As Jesus said - let the one who is perfect cast the first stone. At least the people he spoke to were wise enough to see their own weaknesses and sins. Maybe the population of Literotica is different - having at least some who are perfect. On the other hand, if it just contains just a lot of people "who think" they are perfect while far from it, then it is avearage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A few commenters have talked about Steve getting a pound of flesh. It seems to me Donna cut off the pound herself when she revealed the slip, called in law enforcement which naturally would have led to public exposure of her indiscretion, and finally served time for shooting the blackmailer. Whether Steve accepts the pound and can ever really resolve to stay in the marriage is still undecided at stories end. As in real life the choices available all carry certain costs. Nice to leave an ambiguous ending. I really don't need to know how the rest of their lives turned out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

They even have pictures he can masturbate to.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

I enjoy the authors other stories but this is awful to due the raac ending..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Anyone who doesn't think this should end in reconciliation needs to take a long hard look in their soul. The wife did everything possible and right after the betrayal. She confessed, owned up to it, tried to spare her husband the inevitable jail time, and took a rion against Gil. Seriously what else could she do?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Donna's "well-reasoned" argument to Steve outlining the reasons she would be less likely to cheat again going forward, while honest, would never convince me to take her back. She totally leaves out the most important element in this dynamic, which is the fierce determination to never cheat, no matter the circumstances. That's what it takes to not cross the line, and she doesn't even seem to realize that kind of determination exists. And that's why I wouldn't take her back, or ever trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do not understand all the commenters who despise Donna and hate this story. It is one of the best alternative endings of One Slip. The wife confessed, she was truly remorseful, and she took action to protect her husband and family. She owned up to what she did and while she doesn't know exactly why, she is far less likely to cheat going forward as she knows the cost. When a spouse cheats and is caught without confessing, there is an 80% chance of divorce in 5 years, but drops to 40% when the spouse comes clean. This was one tryst for less than 30 minutes. She regretted it immediately. Gil was a sociopath and serial seducer who charmed women and blackmailed them. I get that Steve is really hurt and wanted revenge and that put his wife into a position where she had to take action. She brought all this down on herself and her family, but she consistently owned up to it. What more could she have done once she had fallen from grace and fucked Gil? If the commenters say nothing, then short of a woman getting raped or drugged, then NO wife who ever cheats should ever be reconciled with their husband. Ever. Some of the comments about it being a terrible story and "cuck shit" are just unbelievable. Did you read the same story? If Donna doesn't deserve reconciliation then no wife would.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a fool. Once a cheater...

LoneEagleLoneEagleover 1 year ago

I agree with the anonymous comment from 10/29/2022. Donna was remorseful and did everything she could do to show that and atone. The only thing she could have was to confess earlier, rather than after Gil blackmailed her. I can take her to task for that.

At the same time, I can understand how a character like Steve would have real difficulty reconciling, so I appreciate the turmoil the author showed in Steve.

All in all, a good story that demonstrates the pain that cheating can cause.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

Ehhh As dolled up as it is the single most important factor that determines if a cheater should be given a second chance wasn't met. They need to confess. And I can't say her confession here counts because she didn't confess on her own but because things were getting worse. She would have taken this to her grave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've been alone with Gil many times…

And that’s why you eventually fell. People who are in an exclusive relationship shouldn’t be alone with the opposite sex! There’s NEVER a reason otherwise. There’s no need to be alone in a medical, business, or legal situation. As for personal, men and women are NOT friends!

If a woman doesn’t allow herself to be alone with someone else, then the odds of giving into lust are very low. The odds of being drugged or raped are practically zero.

I just don’t understand why this concept is so difficult for people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She should have confessed sooner without thr threat of blackmail. But beyond on that I agree with the Anonymous poster from a little over a month ago (10/29/22). Beyond confessing sooner, Donna did everything else right. If you feel that reconciliation is not possible here then you need to accept that short of rape or being drugged (where reconciliation shouldn't even be an issue) reconciliation is never possible.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Sorry but this one is definitely a ridiculous premise I would of told you sooner except I'm getting blackmailed so here I am. 😂😂😂

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Dumb as hell. No way would she have gotten years. Did you honestly think this is reasonable?

1. Gil had a gun

2. Gil tried to blackmail her as he had successfully with others.

3. Gil threatened the kids

4. Gil had a gun

Repeat

The wife was emotionally distraught. She was terrified. No lawyer would EVER allow her to plead. She has no criminal record. None. She took the gun from her husband because she wanted NO violence.

Even if a hard ass DA wanted to prosecute, no jury in the world would ever convict her. The reasonable doubt is obvious. Any deal would never in a million years be multiple years. It would be 6 months to a year tops with more likely years of probation.

Real writers do research.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story sucks on so many levels, it ought to have contained an escalator.

So, as a story, it sucks.

As a tribute, is is reprehensible.

What a pile of shit.

A thousand apologies and best wishes to patricia51.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

I think your story was well written and plausible. You made us see the aftermath of cheating. Although reconciliation is possible, it is never easy. I have never posted an anonymous negative comment and I never will. Those that do are cowards hiding behind the veil of anonymity. If you can't post your name, don't post. This author writes for your pleasure and you castigate his ideas. You should be thanking him for his effort and talent, or move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The “WHY”……Not as difficult as it is always made out to be. Considerably different in several but not all aspects between men and women. This excellent extension take….5 stars…on a great original ‘set up’ story concerns the ever interesting, ‘Loving Wife’ story category……the wife that cheats. Each wife MUST be judged on her circumstances. Clearly the always correct ‘procedure’ would be divorce, then romantic endeavor. That said, most transgressions actually become “Cheating”. This example of a wayward wife is among the somewhat less egregious incidents…….but only in degree…..one slip only, followed by a near but not a true spontaneous confession…..as it clearly was stimulated by blackmail near a week after the transgression.

Our MC was at the ‘critical’ midlife age, 40 or so. Was beautiful……female beauty or the worry of it happening….tends to fade from 40 to 50….more than in males. Beauty in a woman is …..overall very often, but not always, a detriment in aspects of character development (goes for handsome men as well). Entitlement results from the added attention beauty delivers and deference is heaped upon the beautiful and the handsome. This weakens the developing character of the individual. Privilege worms it way into their characters. Vanity develops. Women to perhaps a greater degree than men develop a peculiar character deficit…..familiarity in them breeds contempt instead of appreciation. This engenders a loss of respect. A husband’s compliment is worth near nothing but the relative stranger’s same compliment stimulates ‘interest’ from the female recipient. Compliments over time from a talented male seducer accompanied by increasing familiarity with a generous amount of first, seducer flirting, and then reciprocal flirting sets the stage for infidelity. The touching, laying on of hands accompanied with compliments and flirting and even disparaging of the husband …..even in a joking manner at first but gradually progressing to true insults set the stage for the coming transgression. Personally when I saw it in my own life, on three separate occasions over two women I simply knocked out with a single punch three slime balls. But I am 6-5, 230 pounds, ex 75th Regiment U.S. Army …..Nam Era. Still I would recommend any man, not disabled, to do the same should he see his wife and an erstwhile suitor behaving with dis-respect toward him…..not taking his compliments seriously etc. and a hanger on slime ball flirting with his wife. Even being outmatched the wife will garner great respect for the husband wading into a fight he couldn’t win in defense of his relationship with his wife. If not done and the above confluence of events are in place with a little alcohol and the wife is in an elevated libido state……affairs and one night stands and ‘mistakes’ and SLIPS will result. We are not that far advanced from our caveman days. In this well written story all these events were present and her just under the surface LUST explosively broke through……here is the “WHY”…. and this fictionalized story actually represents numerous real life tragedies.

Finally, the writer correctly points out the relationship can never be restored to the same level. Trust and respect ……the two most important ……perhaps only ……real supports of love can never be rebuilt in the mind and heart of the betrayed. Most cases find the marriage limping along for sometimes years, then mortally wounded the last traces of love die and a Zombie marriage is all that is left. Divorce sometimes years later coinciding with the empty nest. Sometimes repeated infidelities from both. The revenge affairs, the wayward resenting the perceived….whether real or not guilt trip laid on them by the betrayed. Personally I think most infidelity should be remedied by divorce, separate all finances and then if agreed on by both they can stay together with no strings sex in an open arrangement ……..if both parties think the sex or emotions justify it. Each party free to leave on a day notice. This can be done anytime or best at the empty nest stage. Healthier as both parties will wish to stay fit and attractive for the probable next romantic partner. R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Impression analysis! All the better because it was done with ruthless honesty.

That she shot Steve to save her husband speaks well for her. As to whether the marriage will survive and heal, I can't say.

This was a really well done work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If she hadn’t broken Rule One, she wouldn’t have “slipped.” It’s actually very simple: don’t be alone with the opposite sex! Unless you’re a freak who will have adulterous sex in public, Rule One will prevent any “slips.”

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Honestly, I don’t much care for RAAC stories. However, she handled the entire situation well and deserved that 2nd chance. Well written and paced. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW p.s. 5stars

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop goes punished. Usually, I hate reunions after infidelity, but in this case, she was punished, did her time. This enabled her husband to forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed this..at least the bad guy got his due...kind off.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh I think you did a great job with this, really good, liked how you turned it round from how some would and probably have had had it play out.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An excellent story. Very well written. Good portrayal of characters who remain true to their flawed self.

Donna's reasoning on why she wouldn't "slip" again is a bit of a cop out. She makes it sound like she thinks she didn't do wrong and that it was all Gil's fault. She is trying to ensure that the external circumstances that caused her her slip will not be repeated.

She should rather be changing the internal emotions that had her walking down a gentle slope of flirting towards a precipice of disastrous adultery. She should be saying "I will not do it again. My slip caused so much pain to Steve, to my parents, to my kids and lastly to me that I will not ever allow there to be a repeat in my life. I will literally turn and walk away at the very first sign of desire for another man."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

"t's intended to be more of a tribute than an alternative ending" - "Alternative ending?" Except for her deciding not to submit to the blackmail, there WAS no ending!

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

I agree with Sbrooks

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Cool he won a woman that didn't love him or her family enough to keep her knees together.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nope. This was outstanding. 5 stars. S. F.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat10 months ago

This was a really good story. She defended her hubby.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Don't understand why any of the commenters would trash the original story or this one frankly. Whether one likes reconciliation or not, da 'Beast' does it so well. And since it's about the fictional imagination, why not? I'm an old widower at 73 who always gets a lump (uh... in the throat) when reading a good story where the spouse earns their rehabilitation. Real reconciliation goes beyond just forgiveness and requires a spouse to make an effort at restitution. The specifics are always specific to the marriage and how much restoration of the offended spouses dignity is required, but it happens more often than you think. My wife 'cheated' on me when we were a young couple in grad school, before she matured, and we took two years to reconcile, but our marriage survived another 30-odd years. I would give anything to have my loving wife back, cheating ass and all. The ultimate Betrayer- cancer- took her prematurely. So yeah, even even an old man in his 70s can read here for some great classic authors like Richard Gerald.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

why do people keep forgetting these stories are fiction ??

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not sure that a wife who cheated coukd possibly fo more afterwards to own up to her failure, to show remorse and atone. Maybe the ex wife in the sequel to "A Mighty Pen", which was also a one time slip like this arc. Seriously if you think a reconciliation here is unwarranted, then reconciliation is never possible in your mind. Sad.

RoktotRoktot8 months ago

Thanks again,

The original story by patricia51 is outstanding. This follow up is ‘brilliant’…

Sayin’

Tob

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent sequel to a great story by Patricia. You really kept in character and made it feel like both were written by the same author. I can't think of better praise than that. One hopes that Gils life went down the toilet and he found out what it was like to be controlled and forced to do things he didn't want. BardnotBard

Rocky62Rocky626 months ago

Decent, but maybe Connie needed a warm body contact and a dick belonging to a decent guy as opposed to being used.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really liked the story and all its aspects. The only issue I have is why she cheated? Getting behind her defenses? What?? So that’s why she had the guys cock in her mouth with a look of lust in the photograph? Seems like a conscious choice to me! Why did she make that choice? The rest of her insight made sense going forward but not the WHY?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm sorry but just no. If you love your husband and your family that much it should not be that easy to let a coworker into your pants just like that especially when you're not really that drunk. Fuck. Off. All that trusted the wrong person, let my defenses down bullshit is just that - bullshit! She was a bit tipsy and horny and figured ah what the fuck, no one will find out. The photos only served to show how into it she was, letting out her inner slut to play for a bit thinking she wouldn't get caught. Unfortunately for her, she got caught. I'd have dropped the cheating slut like a hot iron. Zero tolerance policy on cheaters needs to be enforced or they'll never learn.

I'm not against reconciliation stories, but this one doesn't fit the bill for me. I mean she didn't even sound all that confident she wouldn't be able to stop herself doing it again, christ. With that lack of faith in your own actions going forward, how the hell could she ever be trusted again? Not a gamble I'd take.

servant111servant1114 months ago

Sorry but this RAAC doesn’t work for me.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I thought this was a well written story. I disagree with a lot of the comments, and my assessment was that this was the most mature, reasoned, and realistic response ive heard to the question of cheating again. I believe her. I genuinely believe she will defend her marriage much more vigorously and guardedly. (In the fictional future of this story universe of course) She touched the fire, got burned, and experienced deep in her soul that cheating sex is not worth the cost (which I believe everyone except serial predators and sociopaths eventually realizes).

Ursus1932Ursus19324 months ago

You can't be wrong when you collaborate with patricia51. She's a jewel of a writer. Good job on your part.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...