All Comments on 'One Slip: The Sacrifice & Aftermath'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Beautiful story. I believe that they will make it last happily!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Well done. Extremely well done.

BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 4 years ago
Without doubt...

....the best follow-up to ‘One Slip’.

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
lol

"Take your hands off me, you damn dirty whore!" that line made the read worth it lol ty for the read

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of raac. At all. Sorta loathe it, actually. But this wasn't raac. It was a reasoned and feasible reconciliation. That's a different thing entirely.

.

It was also a hell of a story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Bravo! Without a doubt this one really hit home, 5*

You managed to show us the best of the “human condition” in a very difficult situation

Thanks again looking forward to your next posting

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Very good sequel to a classic and you even dared to include a reconciliation. The cheap and easy way to get a decent score here is the scorched earth route. Kudos for avoiding that. Easy 5*

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Very touching

A great conclusion to Patricia51's story. Where hers was filled with infidelity, and betrayal DFWBeast was able to turn to the emotional side. Most of all I applaud his ability to show the pain and anguish two people feel that are trying to reconcile. Great work. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not ant better than the rest

She says right at the beginning Gil has movie star good looks,she wasnt drunk ( not that that is ever an excuse ) or drugged but that she was arrogant and comfortable and she just fell to her knees to suck his cock........These kind of endings are almost always for the fairy tail readers," she has an affair or just a one off fuck but she loves her family sooooo much and it was just an accident " Im not saying the every ending should be a burn the bitch ending but how about at least try and make it a little more realistic or just have Literotica start a new heading called "wimp hubby stories"

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

Loved it. A great ending to a great but unfinished story. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent story, but

What happened to Gil?

skruff101skruff101about 4 years ago

This is one of the better alternates of the original pretty good in fact.

Don’t mind RAAC if done well.

Don’t mind BTB if done well.

This was actually both, ten months in jail should be enough burning for the most ardent self righteous Puritan.

And hey it’s only a story, no need to get all of a dither about human frailty.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Hmm...

Although it was admirable that Donna confessed, she still willingly cheated on Steve. He might have been able to get past that, but her going to prison forced him to be celibate for 10 months, while stuck looking after their three kids alone.

I disagree with him about Connie. They should have got together for some cathartic payback sex... on Gil as much as Donna. Also, if Connie had been stuck in a controlling marriage with Gil, then being in a supportive relationship with Steve would have done her a lot of good.

Speaking of Gil, what happened to him?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
The Beast does Patti proud!

Some readers demand a reason for the wife cheating and then say the reason sucks. There are no good reasons. I like it when the wife doesn't shift blame or minimize her mistake. This wife accepted her fate. Nice story!

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 4 years ago

Easily the best continuation of 'One Slip' that I've read. You have a great grasp of the characters, and gave us a realistic look at how they think & act.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Surprise

Although totally not where I thought your "ending"might go ,This was somewhat of a pleasant surprise. Well done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I had to look back on the original before reading this, and I think that calling the original "open-ended" rather than unfinished is accurate. Despite what many said, the original story in the original, whether or not she would submit to the blackmail WAS finished. I've read, but don't remember the other follow-ups, will have to check them out again!

Gil's attempt to keep her quiet is what caused her to confess! MAYBE without the potential blackmail she would have just lived with the guilt. and never said anything.

"I had to up the stakes, sort of speak, to insure your silence." - I guess THAT didn't work, LOL!

"What was provable was that Gil didn't have the gun in his hand when she shot him." - How is that provable? Maybe he dropped it when he got shot? Besides, as we've seen in many shootings involving the police, REACHING for a gun allows for self-defense.

Don't pleas deals usually include at least a recommended sentence, if not guaranteed?

Okay, this wasn't a RAAC, it was a Reconciliation, there IS a difference!

Again, I don't think she would have served any time, though it certainly worked for the story. Even if it wasn't believed that Gil dropped the gun, his reaching for the gun is justification for the shooting. As I mentioned earlier, Police have been cleared for shootings when they simply THOUGHT the person was going for a gun, even if there WASN'T a gun.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Pretty good story

I’m sure there will be plenty of 1* fag cuck shit comments, but that’s the risk you take posting a reconciliation story.

The unexplored question is whether she would ever have confessed her one slip to her husband if there were no photos, if Gil hadn’t been trying to blackmail her and threatened exposure. I’ve written a few stories of one night stands that women get away with, and plenty of commenters didn’t care for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written, but....

Honestly, it's a good story. My only criticism is one I have about a lot of recent stories on here. It's 'literature ' but not 'erotica', so.....just doesn't belong here.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 4 years ago
Nice

I am sure you will get a lot of negative comment's. But so what it read well and if Patricia51 had finished the story. it would have probably ended like this.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Haven't even read this yet but thanking you.

Loved the tension and plot in the original and I'm thankful you did a sequel.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Good story! 5*****

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. She made a big one, but eventually we all need forgiveness. Well told.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
It’s not often..,

...that a follow on story is as good or better than the original. It’s even rarer, when the original author is as talented as patricia51. I suspect patricia51 is thrilled by your efforts. 5* from me.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 4 years ago
Outstanding sequel...

... First of all, let me say that I think patricia51 is most assuredly one of the most talented writers to ever submit a story on this or any other web site. That said, I really enjoyed your ending. There is little doubt that your character of Donna stayed true to patricia51's original story and I liked what you did with Steve. Not usually much of a RAAC man myself but, considering where you went with the characters, I certainly can't argue with this ending.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 4 years ago
Thought-provoking piece

Very well done by you and your crack team. As usual, you made me think more than most of these stories do.

You are an incredible story-teller.

Thanks again for 5* work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This one surprised me...

It doesn't read like it was written by DFW. The dialogue was wooden and melodramatic. The legal part was badly off the wall for reasons that there's no point in going into here. It just really doesn't read like DFW, and I've read every one of his stories. I wish I could have liked it.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Not what I was thinking.

But definitely interesting.

I think the action and drama glossed over many very important key issues.

This was still quite entertaining and much appreciated.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 4 years ago
Good job!

Enjoyed it thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well

Didn't that rip the heart up.

chuckysmariachuckysmariaabout 4 years ago
great story

this is the reason why DFW writes great reconcilliation story. He makes the cheater work and earn the forgiveness and reconcilliation.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
A Tough One

As always, it doesn't matter what I think about the situation or what other (often very angry) commentators think about the plot line of the story. It's whether the author makes his/her case for the direction of the tale. I personally have never gone through an episode of cheating, either on my part or my partner's. I would guess that recovering the feeling of trust is the key ingredient to moving forward. You might be coldly analytical and say that in a lifetime of togetherness, a single time or two (or three) of infidelity doesn't count for much statistically, but the human heart and mind don't really work that way.

I just saw the short TV series; "Donovan" where the hero's wife has two 3-month affairs because she feels her husband is withdrawn and is neglecting her. She really loves him a lot and although the plot revolves around someone trying to win her away from her husband permanently by framing him for the murder of her paramours, the underlying theme has to do with the husband's ability and willingness to accept what happened and try to achieve a "new-normal" in their life moving ahead. So too the people in this tale have a momentary lapse in their idyllic marriage and the question is whether they can move ahead together.

I, from a position of inexperience with such a situation, would like to think that if two people really love each other, a situation like this would certainly cause increased vigilance on both their parts, but might make it even more difficult to stray (as Donna says). I think that from what we have learned of the two people there is a really good chance that their marriage will strengthen and there will be no recurrence of this infidelity. Maybe I'm a softy, but I feel that, given the characters we have had presented to us, they're going to make it. This is not a universal answer. As I said above, this is my verdict for the people who were created for us not always true. 5*

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 4 years ago
Gil is sill a problem...

As can be seen by the conversation or monologue in the office. Gil going to Steve? And if Gill is going to be caught monologuing, isn’t he supposed to be clear about the plan? 🤔 I liked the meta WTF about it in prison, but again the vagueness of that catch up was a bit unsatisfying to me. What wasn’t unsatisfying and had a real emotional charge was the final scene—beautifully done; did you have that first and then build the rest of the story around it? I wonder if you really needed the last sentence? Sometimes restating the obvious is less rather than more?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Martian Slut Ray

Whoever came up with that deserves an award.

Nice ending.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 4 years ago
Not Realizing the Motivation for her Slip Left this a "4"

Not much point rehashing this tale if she can't verbalize "why." Without that realization she is destined to slip again.

kirei8kirei8about 4 years ago
Hopefully,

The "why" will be answered during therapy. Otherwise, even though they deeply love each other, I see no good future together. A "slip" with a "why" can be forgotten over time but without a real "why".... Maybe a continuing story?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Confession - My personal belief is that if there is no reasonable chance of being found out, and if a one-time slip will NEVER be repeated, then there should be no confession. All it does is relieve to cheater's guilt and dump a pile of shit on the victim.

I recommend Swinger Joe's "Aftermath" as an example of what the outcome of an unnecessary confession can be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Another wonderful piece by you!

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

I give it a 4 .... this was more like a snapshot or two of the story. Gil and the why remain a current mystery leaving myself as a reader looking for an answer.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 4 years ago
I remember the original story from a long time ago

when I first came on to this site. And I've read quite a few of the endings by other authors. I won't claim to understand US gun laws, but I think your sequel is one of the better ones, true to the original characters and plot.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 4 years ago
Multiple Truths

As with all of patricia51’s stories, One Slip is an outstanding work, full of real life characters and her underlying truth.

DFWBeast has captured the essence of the characters in her story and added his own truth to this continuation.

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago
Steve

Here's what Steve needs to do in order to really accept his wife back; use the MSR, (Martian Slut Ray), on her! Then get her on her knees with His Cock in her mouth looking up at him. Turn her into His slut for as long as it takes, to forgive the cheating bitch. Let's face it, sex in their marriage got stale after 15 years, that's why the excitement of Gil wanting her, got her fucked in the first place. Changing up sex habits is a good thing. In my humble opinion.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Nice, an appropriate reconciliation for two deserving souls. Compelling and ultimately believable dialogue. And stylistically faithful to P51. A real treat to read. Thank you.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 4 years ago
Well done.

This was a worthy ending to a worthy original. You were determined not to alter the characters from the original except to let them grow, and I appreciate that. Patricia51 will have the final say about whether you succeeded, but I think you did a great job.

GA

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 4 years ago
Yay! A new story from my favorite Orc!

Well done, Killian, as always. Patricia51 is one of my favorite authors, of course, and is as wonderful a person as she is a writer. You preserved the spirit and character of the original and gave them a way forward. Very satisfying, to me. Write another, please. If anyone should be interested in reading another story by The Beast, look for "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover," coming soon. Or maybe a new story by BurntRedston, Todd172, MsCherylTerra, SleeperyJim, HDK or many others. Thanks again for posting, Killian. Randi.

SanzegoSanzegoabout 4 years ago
Musings

The hardest part, for the reader of a reconciliation story is the time difference. For the reader, depending on how long the story was, it takes 20 minutes to go from the anger felt by a cheating spouse to getting back together. For the wronged character, months, even years pass before reconciliation. So, given the time span, I can understand why the husband was able to make the decision he did.

4 stars

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Great story

I could almost see her holding that big handgun with both hands and closing her eyes before the Big Bang! Boom! Never threaten mama bear's cubs. I usually don't like reconciliation stories, but this wife literally did her time. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"this is a continuation of patricia51's "One Slip;" you need to read that one first to understand this one... duh!"

And yet, you couldn't be bothered to include a link to the story you consider a prerequisite.

<P>

Whether it is easy or hard to find it is immaterial. YOU are the writer and the one making it a prerequisite. YOU know the location. It is YOUR job to provide that information for the readers. It is NOT the readers' job to do your job for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very good!

I loved your story Tommy Boy, this one is also very well written. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
cuck

once a cuck, always a cuck, a cheater will cheat again and again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Two slips

DFWBeast is one of the all time greats, but One Slip is his second slip, after the fumbled finish of "Puppet on a String." There are more cuck stories being puked up onto the site every day than anyone would ever want to read. Do writers with genuine talent really need to add to the pile?

"I'd like to try and make this marriage work if you still want to?"

You forgot to follow up with some more believable dialogue. "I know I'm not worthy of a cheating jailbird like you, but please give me another chance. I swear, this time I won't let you stab me in the back again. I apologize for doing that. Please, baby. Give me...give us a chance?"

Slurping up cream pies does not make one more evolved or civilized. Don't be pushed into that destructive way of thinking by a few deluded deviants. There is nothing "knuckle-dragging" or even unreasonable about keeping your self-respect and moving on from someone who didn't value you enough to keep their most sacred promise to you.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Nice read but i would divorce. Her saying she could not say that at some other time she could not cheat is a deal breaker. It is good that she is being honest about her character but what husband wants to constantly watch his wife?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I think Beast did an excellent job of staying true to patricia51’s characters in the original story. For the complainers, this was most definitely not a RAAC story. Beast did not jump through hoops to get the main characters to a space that made a reconciliation possible. It was more of a natural process, taken over a 10 month period where both had ample opportunity to reflect on what they wanted and, in Steve’s cases, what was needed to reach that place.

Five stars.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years ago
Thank You

For a great 5* story with a reconciliation we can believe the sinner has (and will continue to) earn.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 4 years ago
A fitting sequel.

I'm more the BTB type than RAAC.

But I admit that this sequel honored

the original by patricia51 and was a

pleasure to read with a nice conclusion.

skiaddictskiaddictabout 4 years ago
Perfect Ending

Beautiful and realistic ending. For those who claim cuck....no, she paid a heavy price. 10 months of prison, not wearing your own underwear, eating horrible food, constantly in fear of attack......is a very real penalty. The kids would have suffered immensely. So realizing she stood up and took her punishment makes her worth, no...deserving of a second chance. Who among us would cast the first stone?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Pat51

Will be very happy with this. You seemed to be heading in the same direction as the others who have tried to write this story. Then you threw a curveball and had Donna put a big slug in the arrogant asshole Gil. Then another curve and she is somehow given prison time for the shooting. She did cheat, and probably wouldn't have confessed without the blackmail. But I liked the reconciliation, not RAAC, as she paid a heavy price. You took it in a different direction and I think that you made it work.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed this

Still has same essence of original with a decent ending. Hard to do that when picking up someone else's story. Would love to see you do the same with castlestones story since he passed away. It needs a better ending. 5 as always and thanks.

Eric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I don’t know

it was done and redone, what, a million times now?! Why another try, let the damn story fade, it wasn’t even a good one anyway.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
Emotional, to say the least

It is hard to write a story that is so compelling as to capture the original and add to it as well.

The emotions you dealt with were well portrayed and kept the reader wondering what was actually going to happen.

This was not RAAC by any means.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A decent effort.

It is weakened by a contrived plot device and puzzling presumptions regarding firearms and self defense. Lets go from the basic to the complex.

The S&W model 29 is a double action revolver, you don't have to cock the hammer before you can pull the trigger to fire the weapon. And I could find no evidence on the Internet that there are different prison terms for the use of a revolver versus a semi-automatic when committing a crime. Was that some kind of boost for the liberals who want to ban the ownership if semi-automatic weapons, first? It was lame and made you look like a tool for the gun bigots.

All legal justifications for a citizen shooting another person is if the citizen can convince a jury that they were in legitimate fear for their life. You told us Gil produced his firearm and sat it on the desk, so it had his fingerprints on it. Gil came to her husband's office and pulled out a gun. So how does Gil convince a jury beyond a shadow of a doubt that Donna wasn't in fear of her life? Gil comes to her husband's office with a gun in a fit of anger and desperation, and pulls it out while Donna is sitting across from him and apparently unarmed. So in an act of desperate self defense Donna produces the weapon she took from her husband to protect Gil, and uses it without experience or premeditation to protect herself from a gun wielding assailant. She obviously stopped shooting as soon as she could tell that Gil's threat had been neutralized, so there's no indication Donna intended anything more than self defense, or she would have shot several times. And while Donna sitting in her husband's office with his gun is entirely legitimate and legal, Gill coming to the office and producing a weapon against a woman he tried to blackmail is completely incriminating. Yet a jury believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Donna was guilty of a crime. Does this story take place in Great Britain? There is some evidence that Donna fucked Gil in his office because she had the desire and the opportunity, I'll give you that. There is NO evidence that Donna shot Gil without any conviction that her life was in danger. That contention is so lame it stands in stark contrast to those logical parts of the story describing the contemplation of adultery and trust.

As to the reconciliation, you simply described the desire and the hope. They won't know if the reconciliation is successful until the marriage ends with a death rather than a divorce. Many possibilities for their injured relationship to come apart with some future stress, mistake, miscommunication, or just withering guilt and distrust. Very many possibilities for a compelling sequel. Maybe a sequel that includes Gil, or Gil's ex-wife.

So, thanks for a decent attempt to complete an unfinished story. I appreciate the effort, and the opportunity to tell you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good, faithful continuation

Plot holes: how long was Gil's sentence? With the pre-trial and sentencing, plus ten months, it was more than a year of their separation, not just the ten months you wrote. Also, why wouldn't Steve have sought counseling regarding her decision to cheat?

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Did the crime, served her time. Now deserves a second chance.

thedayafterthedayafterabout 4 years ago

I don't normally read this genre but the story tag caught my attention and I'm glad it did. Thought this was a really great story. I tried to picture myself in Steve's place and wondered how I'd react in the situation.

Steve obviously loved Donna deeply and was able to forgive her because he recognized that Gil had manipulated Donna into cheating on him the attempted blackmail was what convinced Steve that, while Donna was in part to blame, Gil deliberately created the situation.

I did feel that there was a lot missing from the story it really didn't explore Steve's emotional reaction to the news or how he dealt with it over the period that of the trial and Donna's imprisonment. It didn't explore Donna's character enough for us to understand why she would fall for Gil's manipulation, was she just a bored housewife caught up in the moment.

I'm glad the story had a relatively happy ending and that Steve was able to welcome Donna back.

what4mewhat4meabout 4 years ago
Wonderful!

Story of hope and redemption. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well thought out conclusion

Hey, I'm anonymous too but I'm not going to complain about your ending. This was a fitting ending and very much like what real people would do.

The Moronymous crowd forgets that the children are the ones really hurt by the family breaking up. Steve showed that he was a real man by keeping the family together. A real man is willing to make sacrifices for his family. It is the immature wimps who think only of their own feelings while they shatter their children's world.

People have put up with a whole lot worse things than a one time slip. In the grand scheme of things it comes nowhere close to the bad stuff that more than half of the world's population has to endure daily, and they have no hope of it ever getting better. Things like being constantly sick because you have to get your drinking water from a stream of human waste. Or the elderly Chinese virus patients being cremated before they were dead. Or the same government arresting you on trumped-up charges and selling your organs, leaving you dead. Vivisection without anesthesia, even.

So before you morons start complaining, try to think what a real man would do. Stand back and look at the bigger picture.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
find original

couldn't find the original story.It isn't on lit that icould find.

69gman69gmanabout 4 years ago
Well Done

Nice tribute to patricia51 and her story. You kept the characters true to her story-line.

Good to see you around again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderfulll

if I didn't knw better I would though this was the intended conclusion, I think you gave the orignal author a great tribute with this. Hope more authors in here learn to do as well in this continuations storys.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Very good, although I suspect there’s a glaring flaw. Steve is educated and a respected businessman. He has a Sig in his truck, and a .44 magnum in his desk. When his wife asked for the .44, he would have unloaded it before handing it over.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "find original" - Here it is: https://www.literotica.com/beta/s/one-slip

I'm using the beta story page, if you're not, you may need to remove the beta from the address.

If that doesn't work, go to Author Index and look-up Patricia51.

RedPillRedPillabout 4 years ago
Re "find original"

Err.. how about https://www.literotica.com/s/one-slip

jsch1947jsch1947about 4 years ago
Brilliant!!!!!

Patricia51's original was great. However, it truly begged for an ending.

She goofed. We got that.

Not a mean or decietful bone in her. It wasn't planned. She was, in many respects, a victim. Really a worthy cantidate of reconciliation.

Your handling of that was awsome.

Great job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting Conclusion

Interesting alternative ending. The initial premise of the story was a bit contrived, a best friend doing the seduction/blackmail routine and the wife immediately coming clean - with divorce a possibility.

Far too often, Lit writers have protagonists use guns and they magically avoid jail time. The idea of Donna going to jail for a period of time was more realistic and gave an interesting dynamic, her time in Purgatory that she must endure. But it's suffering for her as well as her children, and something she must survive.

Ultimately they reconcile.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@jsch1947. she didn't "goof," she deliberately left it open-ended. While some decry it having "no ending," I feel that it did! The question in this story was what was she going to do about Gil's blackmail and we have our answer, so it's complete. Meanwhile, many readers complain about how a story ends - here's the chance to write your own ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
While I have to comment as Anonymous because Lit cannot fix my account

Your story is a really good feel-good story. Many authors tried but you created the best continuation of the original. You seemed to attract some really undeserved criticism from various Anonymous commentators. I view those who submit negative and often nasty comments without indentifying themselves really cowardly and hope you are able to filter them out of you feedback.

I have always lived by the creed that one should remain silent if they cannot say something good (or constructive). The world would be a better place if we all followed that matra. Best regards, Wally

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 4 years ago

Masterful writing by both authors bringing this drama to resolution in a most realistic and entertaining way. The story of Donna's infidelity is now complete, but I am left to wonder what else was going on regards Gil and unknown others. I feel that behind this cameo lies a far greater story waiting for someone to expose. Perhaps after due consideration another, or perhaps I, may have a go at it.

Thank you.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

One small quibble and one smaller one

Small: A D.A. is unlikely to file charges against both parties in a shooting, unless the charges are fairly unrelated. Example ... I shoot somebody who breaks into my house and inflicts demonstrable bodily harm. The police see my substantial cocaine stash on my coffee table. They try intruder with B&E and assault, and me for possession of controlled substance. In this case, there would be one trial for Gil on blackmail and conspiracy of human trafficking (remember the prior victim.) That would be done first and is a slam dunk, given his wiring his office to entrap for the HT. After that, the DA would consider any testimony of Gil’s would be highly suspect to a jury and worthless! Gil having a gun in his hand is unnecessary, moving towards it is sufficient, especially if she testifies that he threatened her by taking out his weapon before he knew she had The Cannon.

Smaller: @WGAS, re: Loaded gun. Hubby is not suspecting catastrophic news. I don’t think he would take 4-5 rounds out of a revolver.

??? Are there jurisdictions where a semi-auto (maybe .22 rimfire?) is legally treated as more dangerous than a revolver? Weird!

P.S. Hubby has not taught his wife how to use a firearm, but keeps two around? (And probably has concealed weapon permit. Shame on him!)

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Oh yeah. Previous comment left off ... best sequel, despite two small quibbles ...5*

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Liked this version.

I am also satisfied with the ending.

I want to add one comment that I haven't yet seen- her selfishness contributed to her original gaff and continued throughout. She continually focused on what could be done, or explained, or suggested that would cause her husband to join her in an effort to save the marriage. Never was it shown that she considered what would be best for him. Maybe letting him go, giving him the opportunity to find a love that he could have 100% trust in should have been considered by Donna. It could be debated that she should have at least offered him that choice with no resistance from her. Also she could have green lighted any action with Connie, even if she hated the thought. He probably would have declined, but the offer would demonstrate her recognizing her husband having a possible need for retribution. I find it mildly amusing that while she is behind bars, due to her own cheating, that she is jealous of Connie.

All of that aside- GOOD JOB DFW - *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
well done!

What an honest depiction. This has to be one of the more heart rendering submissions that has odd loss at the forefront.

The scripting and wording of dialog is very good as well. Often we as readers wonder how we would respond to the dialog in our own words. This was simple and to the point (not much innuendo or double entendre' type wording). It made accepting the emotion behind the words and actions that much easier.

Again, Well Done!

Smokepole

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 4 years ago
Awesome story

Thanks that was an exceptional continuation of the original story, full 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well Done......

Enjoyed this ending to the original story. However, in this rendition she keeps saying she doesn't say why she did it. I didn't go back and check, but I thought the original story concluded that she had been drugged and that was the reason for her easy seduction. If that was the case why wasn't that information put into this well written ending. Having her still saying she didn't know why sort of leaves this story without a better ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
4*s

Very entertaining and heart - warming. I like happy endings 😍.

This is a very good follow up. Right behind the version by Joesephus..

Thanks for the fine story DFWBeast 👍. I'm one of many

AMerryman

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Finally

I read the original, and all of the sequels, to get to this one. There were only two I didn't lke, one of which was beneath contempt. This may be the best, at least in that Donna really pays to earn her reconciliation. I'm can't see a case where she would actually do time for the shooting as described, but it was.needed for the story. I don't think an average sized woman could even hold and fire a .44 magnum revolver. Biting Him would be a lucky accident, but I'm glad he finally took a bullet. Depending on the type of round used, he would have had a massive wound. Quibbles aside, this did great credit to the original.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 4 years ago
Well done

The kind of quality I would expect from DFWBeast.

I really like the idea of the sacrifice.

I just wish it had been longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
good story

I enjoyed this. I felt it was a good story. It certainly paid homage to the original. Sometimes it hard to make all of the pieces fits, like mixing two boxes of jigsaw puzzle pieces. I just didn't buy her going to prison under that scenario. it felt forced. Maybe if he was going to rape her one more time, it just felt off. other than that, nice job.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
True to what is

Good friends that turn is a fact that happens. You let them into your life so far and when they turn on you it's worse then if they were a stranger. Well written and well thought out.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 4 years ago
Well done

I have read many follow up of this story, not sure about all of them. I really like the tone of this story and the way it was written. I would agree that it did work as a tribute and successfully completes the original story. Overall it was well worth reading your ending!!!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
.44 magnum

@robroy93, anyone can fire a .44 magnum -- once. Pointing it at Gil's belly and hitting him in the shoulder? That sounds about right.

I think I've read all the "One Slip" sequels (thus far) and this is the best. I've liked most of the others, but this one has the most consistent tone.

This ranks with "Carry That Weight: Beast Of Burden", the best second-author sequel I've read.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Could have been good

Could have been good if the writing was any way better than a 4th grader.

Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Touch of realism

A reasonable, ending to P51's original, as well as her request for others to take it up.

Artie ! well mate if you are so f@#$ing good lets see your offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
NOPE!!

Way to cold, analytical, and logical for what is an extremely emotional situation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I think you did a very good job on both the story and the tribute. I think you got the tone and the characters pretty much spot on. I don't know if you've communicated with Patricia51, but I can't imagine she would be off-put by anything here. Thanks for sharing it with us.

bruce22bruce22about 4 years ago
Excellent Continuation

It did not solve my problem of being completely horror stricken by the cold feeling that neither of them would ever have another sunny day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fine writing

This was a well justified reconciliation, not a RAAC.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Sorry but I can't see that happening

I like the idea of "ever after" even if it is not happily. But she willingly cheated for no reason other than she wanted to do it. To me, that suggests there was something going on in her mind that wanted to try sex with the asshole. And if he had not been such a dirtbag, there would have been no confession and eventially they would have done it again. Only circumstance caused the confession and hubby would have been smart enough to see this over a ten month period.

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago

A 44 magnum round hitting Gil’s shoulder would likely have gone right through. The damage done would have made his arm useless if he did lose it altogether.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Quite an enjoyable addition to the original.

I love reading other authors add-on to existing stories. I respect the effort DFWBeast took to carefully craft this very intense little drama. This was done well and dove-tailed nicely from the original. *****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the &quot;Loving Wives&quot; category. Primarily they're &quot;cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation&quot; type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...