One Whore's Town Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Anybody know where a man could get some pussy around here?" he asked.

Betty let out a squeal, leapt off the couch, and bounded over to throw her arms around him. The big man enfolded her in his muscled arms and chuckled.

"Hey now," he said. "Girls are going to think I'm spoken for, and I'm trying to get my dick wet here."

"Oh, you," Betty said as she leaned back, and then playfully punched him in the gut. "What are you doing here, Mindblind? And if you say looking for a hump, I'm going to punch you again."

"Ha!" Mindblind exclaimed, and then clasped hands for a moment with Ghent, who had approached to greet him. "Heard some wagoners talking about this place, and one of them described you. Had to come see for myself. Finally getting out on your own, huh?"

"It's been touch and go, but just made up my mind today," Betty said, and then turned to face the room. "Everybody, this is Mindblind. I know Jan and Lana at least know the story."

"You mean about how big his dick is?" Lana asked.

"Keep spreading that one around," Mindblind suggested.

Betty rolled her eyes and said, "The short version is that all us girls got kidnapped from the brothel where we worked. We didn't know it at the time, but they were going to kill us. It was Mindblind and Raven who saved us and brought us home. He gets free ones just like Raven."

"Not as heroic as it sounds. I like the name, by the way," Mindblind said.

"What's that?" Betty asked.

"The name of the place."

"What? I haven't really thought about it yet. Didn't even know for sure that we were staying until today."

"Well, men are calling the place Betty's Brickhouse. Nice ring to it."

"Hmm... Betty's Brickhouse," Betty repeated, trying it out. "That is pretty good."

"Man knows he's in the right place when he sees it too."

A voice rang out from outside the door. "Mindblind! You half-breed bastard!"

He turned toward the door and responded, "Raven, you sticky-fingered, backstabbing cunt!"

A second later, they both laughed. Raven stepped in, reached as high as she could, and yanked on his shirt to pull him down to her lips.

The thief introduced Wynn and Shad after breaking from the kiss, which prompted Betty to introduce everyone Mindblind didn't know. Raven then gave a brief recounting of everything that had happened when Mindblind asked what she was doing there.

Raven said, "Just like that damn caper, picking up strays. Now all we need is Indigo to show up."

"No chance of that," Mindblind said. "Ran into him a couple of months back, on his way back to Draxnia. He's been dodging messengers from his family for a couple of years now, and one finally caught up with him. Hoping to use the connections he made to convince them to let him come back, but for now, he's stuck playing first son at home."

Betty had been thinking the same thing, and she was sad to learn Indigo wouldn't be around any longer. He had regularly stopped in at the Kip on his travels, and she enjoyed watching him charm the girls — having been on the receiving end of that charm and his considerable skills in the bedroom herself.

It wasn't long before Shad was off with Lilly, and Wynn headed to Ginny's room for a romp. Ulis and his boys came in to catch up with Mindblind, as they'd rode together before on a job. All the while, Betty could see the smoldering looks passing between Mindblind and Raven. She knew there was something special between them, but neither of them could be tied down. When they did get together, though...

Sure enough, after a while, Raven sat down next to Betty and leaned in to say, "We're going to borrow your new house for a few days."

"It's not exactly mine yet," Betty corrected.

"Close enough. Better send somebody to wash the sheets before you move in," Raven said as she stood to leave.

"Try not to break the bed, at least," Betty said.

"No promises."

The revelry steadily ebbed after Mindblind and Raven set out. Hoss and Jan went to her room. Lana took Tula to her bed for a free one. Janus and Keri had spent most of the evening chatting. Betty could see the nervousness and longing in his eyes when he went to his bed. Keri on the other hand looked absolutely giddy when she went to her room.

Despite the loud sounds of passion emerging from the other rooms, Betty didn't miss the quiet whimpers emerging from behind Keri's door.

With the front room otherwise empty, Betty was both surprised and a little perplexed that Ghent wasn't hinting that he was ready for bed. She knew that she was. While he had done a reasonable job of hiding it, Betty knew him too well, and he'd been out of sorts ever since Raven had returned from her trip to the Kip.

She rested a hand on his thigh and said, "Help me up, and let's go to bed."

Ghent grinned and quickly stood to offer his hand. Once in their room, Betty immediately started to strip off her dress — making sure to put on a show that told him she didn't want to sleep immediately. After letting her dress slither down her body to pool on the floor, she looked back over her shoulder.

Though Ghent was smiling and obviously hard, he hadn't yet started to remove his own clothing. As she turned, she realized that his hands were behind his back. Her raised eyebrows were all he needed to see.

"I had that silver burning a hole in my purse," he explained. "So, I got you something."

Betty gasped when he revealed the pearl necklace he'd been hiding behind his back. "Oh honey, they're beautiful," she exclaimed as he lifted his hands to offer up his gift.

"They're real sea pearls too, not from a river or lake."

Betty admired the lamp light dancing on the iridescent pearls for a moment, and then looked up at him wearing an absolutely beatific grin, which he matched. She stood on her tiptoes and pulled him down into a long, passionate kiss.

"Help me put them on?" she asked with their lips still almost touching.

"Yes'm."

Betty stepped over to where her silvered mirror stood atop an old dresser, leaning against the wall. She lifted it to watch as Ghent slipped the necklace over her head, settled the pearls between her breasts, and then gently pulled her hair through.

"Beautiful," Ghent said as he stepped back.

Betty's cheeks ached from the smile she was wearing. "They're so beautiful," she agreed as she moved the mirror, looking at the necklace from different angles. "I love the way they feel against my skin, and the sound they make rubbing against each other. Thank you, honey. I love them. This is what you were talking to Raven about before she left, wasn't it?"

"Uh-huh," he answered. "Something else, too. Been saving up for a while."

Betty was perplexed by his voice emerging from below, instead of from above her like normal. When she turned, the mirror dropped from her fingers and she gasped at the sight of him on one knee, holding out a sparkling ring.

"Betty, will you marry me?" Ghent asked.

She was in complete, stunned disbelief. The whole world seemed to come to a stop as she stared at him kneeling in front of her. Not once since that fateful day when her uncle had crept into her room at night had she ever thought it was even a remote possibility. As time reasserted its flow, her face grew hot.

Betty dropped to her knees in front of him, feeling acutely self-conscious. "Honey, you can't want to marry a whore."

He shook his head. "I want to marry the woman I love. Whoring is what you do. It's not who you are."

Her eyes welled up with tears and she asked, "But, what does it..? It's supposed to mean forsaking all others, and I can't do that."

"It means I want to be with you forever, if you'll have me."

Betty reached out and cupped his cheek. "But you already have me. Whenever you want. You don't have to."

"I want to."

It was impossible to ignore the adoration in his eyes. He knew what she was, and he didn't care. A sob exploded from her, and she threw her arms around him. He caressed her back as she sobbed into his chest and finally said the words that every whore knew to never say.

"I love you," she whimpered.

"I love you, Betty. I've loved you since the first time I saw you," Ghent said as he held her close.

Betty leaned back and looked up at him. She knew that she must have looked an absolute fright, but saw none of it in his eyes. He slid his hand across her back, down her arm, and then cupped her wrist. He lifted it, and then held up the ring in front of her hand.

His eyes met hers. Betty bit her bottom lip and nodded. Ghent's eyes lit up with a brightness like nothing she'd ever seen before as he slipped the ring onto her finger. It was a gold band set with a ruby and surrounded by small emeralds. The design of the setting made it look somewhat like a rose. It glinted in the faint light like a beacon — only outshone by the light in her lover's eyes.

"You know it's easier said than done," Betty warned. "Not going to be easy to find a priest to marry off a whore."

"We'll figure it out. Maybe the General knows someone. Or Alice can track somebody down."

Betty groaned. "Oh gods. Alice will never let me hear the end of this."

He shook his head. "Raven said to wait to let you know until after you'd said one way or the other, but Alice has a ring on her finger too. She tried to hide it, but—"

"Raven sees everything," Betty finished for him. "So, I can come right back at her. That's going to be fun."

Ghent nodded, and then pulled his foot under him. He stood and held out his hand to help her up.

Betty looked up at him and said, "Well, since I'm on my knees anyway..."

The big man grinned from ear to ear as she pulled down his pants.

****

Betty was all smiles as she walked into the front room the next day. The girls were already up, dressed more conservatively than usual, and excited to both spend their coin and drum up business to earn more.

"Oh, those are gorgeous," Lana remarked upon seeing her new pearls.

"Aren't they?" Betty said, and lifted a hand to toy with them. The choice of which hand she used quickly garnered attention.

Jan gasped and asked, "Is that..?"

Betty feigned ignorance for a moment, and then held out her hand to display the ring. "Oh, you mean this?"

Everyone quickly gathered around. Keri let out a squeal when she saw the ring and realized its significance.

Ginny said, "Nice rock."

Keri effervesced, "I'm so happy for you! You have to let me make your wedding gown. Please?"

Betty let Jan tug her hand close for a better look at the ring and answered Keri, "I'd be crazy to say no. No white, and no veil though. I'm not going to pretend I'm a virgin."

"Blue, I think," Keri mused. "With lots of lace."

"And my tits practically falling out of it," Betty added.

The redhead blushed, but nodded in agreement.

The front door opened and Raven stepped inside. Beyond the thief, Betty saw the men congratulating Ghent — who was supposed to be readying the wagons for the trip into town.

Raven grinned and said, "Don't let Alice get on your tits about it. She's got her own ring. Diamond, but I honestly think yours looks better."

Jan and Lana both gasped at that revelation.

"Ghent told me," Betty responded.

"Just so you know, paying for that gave me the shivers. Think he put every coin you've ever paid him right back on your finger. I offered to steal it, but he wouldn't have it," Raven said. She then leaned in close and whispered, "Forget washing the sheets. You should probably just burn them."

Betty laughed.

Once everyone had taken a good look at the ring and offered their congratulations, Betty sent Lana to remind Ghent he was supposed to be doing something. He had plenty of help as the rest of the men joined him to continue the celebration. Soon enough, they were on their way.

The attention of the men in town as the wagons rolled in was expected. What Betty found unusual was that the women didn't seem anywhere near as hostile as was typical when known prostitutes were about. They were hardly overjoyed, but at least didn't look as if they were about to form a torch-wielding mob.

It was a start.

The fates were smiling upon them, because a merchant on his way to the capital was staying in town, and he was carrying luxuries. Flush with coin and good spirits, the girls splurged on jewelry, hats, perfume, scented soap, and material for Keri to turn into pretty dresses.

The merchant set out in high spirits from the coin — and Lana sucking one out of him for a discount on a jeweled hair-pin.

They gathered at the inn for food and drink as the sun was high in the sky. The innkeeper approached and apologized profusely for his behavior that first night they were in town. He naturally blamed it all on Josephine, but Betty knew that the inn would be crucial to her business, so she let it slide.

She'd take her apology in the form of steady recommendations to visit her house, and she knew she'd enjoy his humility when he had to petition Pallah for a journeyman to man his stable, because his former employee was now the local master in the guild.

There wasn't much reason to stay in town once the shopping was done, so the wagons rolled back toward home. As they neared the turn, they saw a lone man walking toward them, wearing the lion's head tabard of Heraklan.

"Is that Trestel?" Betty asked, squinting against the bright sunlight.

"Looks like him," Ghent agreed.

The man stopped to await them as they approached, and there was little doubt it was the Heraklan who had assisted them.

"Well met!" he called out as they approached.

"What brings you out this way again?" Betty asked once the wagons had rolled to a stop.

"The voice of Heraklan, of course."

"And some companionship?" Betty asked.

"I do believe that was what my god was speaking of," Trestel said, and then winked.

Betty thought of something, and asked, "Ever performed a wedding?"

"Not personally, although I am acquainted with the rituals. It is an uncommon practice for those in service of Heraklan, and typically discouraged, as free love is surely the more rewarding path."

"Well, how about paid love? What do you think about marrying off an old whore?" Betty asked while raising her ring-bedecked hand to her breast.

A wide grin spread across the cleric's face. "You seek to wed? Ah! I see the ring. I trust your betrothed is at your side?"

"Yep," Ghent said, letting his chest swell.

Trestel laughed. "I believe this is a union of which Heraklan would most heartily approve. I would be pleased to serve in this way. When?"

Betty said, "It will take a few days to make my gown, if you don't mind hanging around."

Trestel scratched his beard and said, "I believe I could be persuaded."

Betty smiled, turned to Jan, and whispered. She in turn passed the word along. When Jan tapped her on the shoulder, Betty reached for the bodice of her dress, yanked it down, and exposed her breasts. Behind her, the rest of the girls — save Keri, of course — did the same. They all gave a hearty jiggle.

Trestel's roving gaze and smile suggested that he approved.

Ginny pinched her nipples and said, "If you need any more persuading than that, come to my room, and I'll persuade you until you can't see straight."

Trestel quickly approached and offered a hand to help the redhead down from the wagon.

As Ginny climbed down, Betty said, "All his humps are on me. Well, one a day."

Trestel chuckled. "A wise condition. Heraklan's blessings in the domain of pleasure are quite generous."

Lana said, "Well, Keri will be busy sewing, which means Jan's cooking, so I guess the rest of us best get to planning."

Ghent took Betty's hand, lifted it to his lips, kissed it, and said, "See? All taken care of."

Looking into his adoring eyes, Betty still had trouble believing it was true.

****

Betty stood waiting near the front door in her last few moments as an unmarried woman. She had wanted to show Ghent her gown the moment Keri had finished it, but the redhead was adamant that certain customs must be observed, no matter how unconventional this wedding was.

The dress was sea blue in color and fairly traditional in form, with voluminous skirts and a long train trimmed in abundant white lace. The adherence to tradition vanished at her breasts, though. The ingenious woman had concocted a corset that supported her breasts, but left Betty uncovered from the nipples up. Only ruffles of lace encircling her body hid her tits from view.

The first thought Betty had upon looking in the mirror was that she looked like a goddess emerging from the sea and foam. Her tits felt as if they were sitting on a shelf, and breathing was something of a chore, but the look was so worth it.

She chuckled when she caught Mack looking down at her breasts again. From above, there was nothing left to the imagination. "You're going to break the illusion if you're staring at my tits all the way down the aisle," she admonished.

"I'm just playing Daddy to give you away 'cause I'm the oldest," he said, and punctuated it with a gruff chuckle. "I should probably bring something to wipe the drool off Ghent's chin once he sees you."

Betty laughed with him and gave him a smack on the butt. Mack was wearing his newest, nicest clothes, and a dark blue vest. Every man in the wedding party had a matching vest, as Keri had insisted on at least some degree of uniformity. The young woman had become an absolute dictator in all matters related to the wedding over the last week.

Nora had proved a godsend, as her skills with a needle and thread were second only to Keri's. Betty had sewn all the men's vests from Keri's patterns, but Nora had turned out the matching dresses for Keri, Ginny, Lilly, Lana, and Jan in the same amount of time despite the much more complicated work.

Keri dropped down from her tiptoes and turned away from the window to say, "Everything's ready."

The redhead's dress was a paler blue than Betty's, and had the same plunging neckline as all the bridal party's dresses. Keri might not have the disposition to put her body on display for coin, but she apparently had no qualms when it came to Janus.

"Come on now. Places," Keri ordered as she handed over the bouquet and moved in behind Betty to take up the train of the gown.

Betty stepped over in front of the door and Mack entwined his arm with hers. He then gave three light raps on the door, which was the arranged signal Wynn was waiting for outside. Betty could faintly hear the musicians through the door as they ended the song they were playing. The woman playing the harp was apparently enough of a romantic that playing for a wedding overcame any reservations she might have harbored about doing so for a prostitute.

Either that or the substantial amount of coin on offer had convinced her. The men playing the lute and flute were taking their payment in humps, which left extra for the harpist.

The door opened and the music swelled simultaneously. Betty stepped out into the sunlight, and her smile broadened when she saw all eyes upon her. Ghent had a look of complete awe on his face that sent shivers up her spine.

Corra and several of his soldiers were in attendance. Mindblind and Raven had taken a brief rest from disturbing the peace in town with their relentless carnal endeavors to attend the wedding. Betty's girls stood waiting on one side of the Heraklan cleric, while Janus, Hoss, and Pallah stood opposite at Ghent's side. Everyone else lined the aisle, and there were more than a few curious onlookers farther out by the road. Most were brothel customers, but a few women from the area had also come out to witness the spectacle.

Betty felt as if she was floating as she walked slowly toward her betrothed. The smile on her face made her cheeks ache. Ghent's smile matched hers, and the unmistakable adoration in his gaze further buoyed her. She felt her cheeks warm when Keri took her bouquet and Mack passed her hand to Ghent's. The scarred veteran then took his place with the rest of the groomsmen.