All Comments on 'One Wife Too Many'

by Handymanblues

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

In the real world, that pissed off former father-in-law would tell the other women EVERYTHING. That the daughter/wife was just away on a cruise & they had the grandchild. That guy was as married as a man can be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The good, the bad, and the ugly...

This story has a potentially strong, unusual plot. Those are rare in LW. Unfortunately, the execution isn't good. The dialogue is as clunky as Cassie's "power-train" (btw, does the author know anything about cars?) and the story feels padded with unnecessary detail. The MC is ugly, but that is potentially interesting. Good writing can have a villain at its center. So, it appears to me is that the writer has imagination, but a tin ear for dialogue. reading and practice could improve that.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
so when women are fucked up as he was it's

sexy, and a loving wife. But when its a man he's terrible, an asshole or worse. WOW what a world!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Captivating story!

Yes he's a shit. But having been in a similar situation I can empathize. Married to someone I was sick of, I met the most desirable woman I'd ever known. Carried on an emotional affair for five years. Finally broke it off because I didn't want my kids to suffer. Took another ten years to get through the aftermath with my wife. I had never felt such pain as I did saying goodbye. I'd cry at any little thing. Now I can look back and not be overcome with grief.

Riveting story, pretty well told. I don't expect geographical details to be accurate on these pages.

One last thing, I really like a stylish black woman!

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Funny thing about revolvers, . . .

they do have cylinders, that's where the bullet thingies go. They don't have safety's, they don't need them. But its not just guns you don't know much about.

Of course he can divorce her, while she's getting psychiatric treatment. Her parents will no doubt act as her advocate. A jury will likely go very easy on her. But even a criminal does not automatically lose their property rights, unless the property was acquired through crime. So she will get half of everything, and be salvaged from the company of a screaming asshole. Once she gets her mental illness under control, and his daughter comes to learn that her father drove her mother to temporary homicidal madness, his future family will be mostly what he creates with the very stupid and love blind Cassie. And you have to wonder how long it will take her to realize what a piece of dog shit she's hooked up with.

Not sure what the point was, but the title trivializes the real issues displayed in this story. His problem is not too many wives, but too little soul, like none.

A decent story, above average. Thank you for the dreadful entertainment.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Great story. Tragic ending

It was way too long and drawn out but very well done. Made it very easy to hate the guy. I was headed for a 5 with how the wife was reacting. Had to back off to 4 for him getting away with it. Only saving grace is it will happen to Cassie as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tragically unfair

Omg what an absolute bastard he's literally destroyed his wife an she will be left with nothing if she ever recovers mental health is not something to be taken lightly same thing should happen to him worthless cheating cruel evil bastard. How he could do that to his wife is insane

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

It's a well-written story, but no fun riding along with a self-pitying scumbag, who ultimately gets away with driving his wife into the asylum twice with his philandering, and emotionally manipulating the next wife-to-be.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Damn, great story!

Superbly written story.

Unique twist ending. Not quite trite, but too convenient. It was foreshadowed, but...

The story was agony, from beginning to end. We know, from the start, that he was a pig and would cheat. He was pond scum. It was obvious it would become a train wreck. I hated it and loved it at the same time.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Too bad she was a lousy shot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous