Only in a Dream Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was relieved that the journal didn't contain the things he thought it would. As far as he could tell, what had happened was, he hadn't slept much the night before and he was extremely tired. As he sat in the Jeep with the rain coming down, he started dozing on and off as he tried to read. The old songs playing on the radio had put thoughts in his head too.

The book was less than a hundred pages too, not the epic that he had dreamed about.

His mind had taken parts of what he was reading, jumbled it up with the fears he had of what he thought was in the diary. Plus there were the activities that Kathy described her sister partaking in and these got mixed in as well.

The memories of the time when him and Kathy had moved were mostly real. Reading the diary had sparked memories from that time. He might have had those thoughts while he was awake, in between dozing, or they may just be stuck in his sub conscience. Either way they were fond memories.

Brad remembered that last walk through the old house, he still got a little teary eyed thinking about it. Could it be possible, so much time has passed since that day.

He knew that he'd dreamed about Jack showing up too, he figured that he must have woken up briefly and heard Jack and Dustin talking. Then, had fallen back to sleep.

He remembered how that yellow Corvette, that had been parked in someone's front yard along the hi way, had ended up in his driveway and he was getting ready to bust it up with a sledge hammer.

"Funny how dreams work," he laughed to himself.

Brad got out of the vehicle and headed around back, retrieving his fishing rods and headed for the lake.

Dustin and Jack saw him coming and waved to him. Dustin was glad to see his grandpa out of the Jeep, Dustin had sensed that something was bothering him. Jack asked him if he felt better now and Brad told him that he thought he was going to be alright.

Over the next couple of hours, they caught several more bass. None were really big enough to have bragging rights, but there were a few pretty nice ones.

Maybe it was just the reminiscing from earlier that put times from the past in his head, he was really feeling a sense of melancholy. Once again, thoughts of his fourteenth birthday ran through his mind. That big bass that had enticed his grandpa to start fishing again.

"Wow! It's been almost 42 years since I caught that big bass in the old pit; that's just plain unreal," he thought.

Was reading the journal, what put him into this mood he was feeling?

The rain eventually tapered off, the sun came out and the humidity started rolling back in. Brad was sweating and his glasses kept fogging up.

"Damn, I should have fished while it was raining... Damn it, it's hot!" Brad complained.

"Do you guys want to run into town for a bathroom break and to cool off a little?" he asked Dustin and Jack.

"Yes!!" came the response from Dustin with a big smile.

"Sounds good to me," said Jack.

It was late afternoon, almost evening when they took their break, Jack rode with Brad and Dustin, and they drove to a nearby small town and visited a service station to use the restroom.

Brad bought him and Dustin a slushy and some beef jerky and Jack bought a fried pickle (he always was kind of quirky), then they drove back over to the lake and the three were soon fishing again.

A few hours later, as the sun started to set, Brad thought about the times so long ago, when he and his grandpa... And Jack too, had been out on a lake somewhere, at about this same time of day. Only now, it was Brad with his own grandson, and Jack again, same time of day, doing the same thing.

Over to the West, the sky looked like there might be some more rain coming in in a little while. Brad looked at the reflection of the orange and purple colored clouds in the western sky in the calm water, the dark reflection of the occasional bird or duck sailing above the glass like surface. As he listened to the faint sound of traffic on the distant highway, he could feel his grandpa's presence, as tho he was right there with them, enjoying the contentment of these moments with his grandson(s) and his best friend.

Soon, it was dark, they loaded up their gear and were headed home. On the way, Dustin talked about all of the fish they'd caught, and hoped his brothers and his friends would believe him.

"Uh... But, we have pictures," said Brad.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," said Dustin.

Other than a few words, Brad stayed pretty quiet, he was lost in thought, just as he had been on the trip up, earlier in the day. There were a few revelations that he was not really 'tickled pink' about, but his thoughts were mostly about some of the more pleasant memories brought to the surface by reading her diary and hearing some of the songs he hadn't heard in a very long time.

After they got into town, Jack honked and waved as he turned off to head home. Once again, Brad thought about how many times the scene of Jack waving and heading home had played out over the years.

When they arrived home, Brad opened the garage, he and Dustin unloaded and put away their fishing rods / gear. Brad grabbed the camera and they headed inside. Dustin was the first in, telling Kathy all about their day.

"I caught a bunch of nice fish this morning while grandpa was asleep," said Dustin.

"Asleep...? Why were you asleep...? I knew you haven't been feeling good, you were acting funny yesterday!" Kathy said, concerned.

"I didn't sleep well last night," said Brad.

"Were you sick?"

"Just a minute, I'll be right back," Brad said, as he turned to go back outside.

Brad went back out to the Jeep, grabbed the journal, and returned inside, lying it down on the kitchen table.

Kathy's face was a little flushed,

"Where did you find that?" she said in a worried voice,"Have you read any of it?"

"Yesterday, while you were over at your mom's, I got on the computer and the internet cable came unplugged again. So I crawled underneath the desk to plug it back in... Well, I found it." Brad told her.

"And Yes, I've read the whole thing."

Kathy was trying to read his face for any doubts he might have about her now.

"Oh," she said,"So that's what was wrong with you yesterday afternoon and last night, wasn't it?" not really knowing what else to say.

"Yeah, when I first found it, I couldn't quite figure out why you hid it. Then after I opened it up and read for a while... I saw Matt Lane's name several times, and since you'd hidden it, I..."

"You thought I slept with Matt, didn't you?" Kathy cut in.

Then she looked at Dustin and told him to go take a bath and make sure to check himself for ticks.

Brad smiled when she said that, then he said,

"I'd like to check you for ticks."

Kathy just looked at him like he was crazy, but with all of the memories he'd had after hearing certain songs on the radio, that when she said that...

"Brad Paisley... Ticks?" he said.

She still just looked at him.

"I'd Like to see the other half... Of your butterfly tattoo," Brad sang to her.

"Oh, OK, I get it now," said Kathy, as she smiled for a moment.

Dustin had hung around for just a bit to see if his grandma was going to figure out what grandpa was talking about. He'd had the same thought when Kathy told him to check himself.

Then, as soon as Dustin had gone into the bathroom, Brad continued about the journal.

"Well, you came in just as I got to the part about Matt, so, I just hid it and decided to look at it today," said Brad.

"Are you satisfied that I didn't now?" she replied.

"I guess, but... You said that you were attracted to him... And you kissed him. Even said you wondered what going to bed with him would be like," said Brad, as he looked away a little hurt.

Kathy saw the pain in his eyes and she felt a tad guilty.

"Don't tell me that it's never crossed your mind what it would be like with someone else, I've seen the way you check out pretty girls when they're around... Matt started talking about sex... Yes it crossed my mind, but the thought left as quick as it came. I didn't do anything with him, we both know I could have, cause he sure wanted me pretty bad," she said.

"I didn't because I love you, I have almost since the day I met you."

"Why didn't you ever tell me about him kissing you, or coming on to you like he did?" Brad asked,"You know I told you that he was trying to get into your pants."

She shrugged her shoulders, nervously,

"I didn't want you going down and beating the snot out of him, like I know you would have. I guess I didn't want Cindy to know what he'd done either. I know that she really loved him, I didn't want her to think I encouraged him," said Kathy.

"You wanted to go to California with him didn't you?" Uttered Brad,"You know I would never have let you go. Would you have lied to me, told me you were going with someone else and sneaked away with him?"

Kathy didn't answer, just looked away.

"You would have, wouldn't you? And you would have fucked him too!!" Brad said angrily,"You wouldn't have had a choice, you would have felt obligated."

"I didn't go, did I?" Kathy shot back.

"Why...? Why didn't you go?" Brad queried.

"I told you about him asking me to go out there with him," she replied, meekly.

"Yeah, what...? Twenty some odd years after it happened?" Brad questioned,"And you never did tell me how that actually came about, you made it sound like it was just gonna be a couple of buddies going on a friendly little trip."

Kathy looked as if she was about to cry, how could she possibly make him see that she had no ulterior motives.

"At first, it was my idea, you should have read that in my book," said Kathy,"He said that he was moving out there, and I thought maybe I could get a ride and stay with Sarah for a week or two, then take the bus back, I thought we were just friends."

Brad just glared at her in disbelief,

"Did you forget that you were attracted to him, that you'd already kissed him?" he asked,"It takes longer than one day to get to California, you guys would have had to stop and stay at a motel. You wouldn't have been able to resist fucking him, your curiosity and the temptation would have been too great," he said crossly.

"Then, you know as well as I do, that once you would have fucked him, he would have been down here fucking you all of the time, while I was working nights."

Kathy started to say something, but Brad cut in,

"You should also know that he had no intentions of going to California. He would have driven a few hours away, and pulled into a motel for the night. Then, after he fucked you, he would have came back here and probably told you that if you didn't keep fucking him, that he would tell me and Cindy!"

Kathy's eyes pleaded with him to believe her,

"I... I thought that he'd got that crap out of his head and that we were just friends. That we could actually go and nothing would happen, honestly, I really thought that," Kathy countered.

"You know... You being so fucking naive is why I love you, but one of these days, it's going to get you into trouble," Brad came back,"It's hard to believe that you could actually think, that a woman could go on a cross country trip with a man that she's attracted to, even just a little bit. The man's already made his intentions clear, that he wants to be with her, then they both stay at a motel... And nothing would happen...? Come on!!" said Brad.

"I did believe it, I would not have cheated on you, if I would have wanted him, I would have separated from you first, I didn't did I?" Kathy retorted,"He didn't know anything about me wanting to go, I never mentioned it. I realized, after he said he wanted me to go to California and live with him, what he had in mind."

"What if he hadn't told you that he wanted you to go? I read in your book that you were just getting ready to ask him if you could tag along. Then, he would have had you right where he wanted you... Do you realize how close you came to getting put in a compromising position... Maybe just seconds... If you would have spoken up first, you would have gone with him."

Kathy looked down, and continued,

"No I wouldn't have, you pretty much took care of that, when we got back from Mcdonald's and you threatened him, didn't you...? Didn't you read what I told him that night?"

Kathy took hold of Brad's hand and said,

"I made it perfectly clear to him, that I was not going to run off and be his little sex toy."

"I wished you would have told me back then, me and him could have had a nice little talk," said Brad.

"Talk hell, you would have beaten the fuck out of him!!" Kathy quipped.

"Yeah, you're right there, I still wish you would have told me tho. Have you seen him lately?" Brad said,"He weighs about three hundred pounds, Cindy's face is all fucked up. She was starting to get kind of cute before that old man hit her, too," he smiled.

"Alright, I get your point, can we stop talking about Matt now?" Kathy said in a serious tone.

"OK," said Brad,"But, what about Jason? You thought he was sooo hot? Did you dream about fucking him too?" he teased.

"Jason?" Kathy wondered,"Who in the hell is Jason?

"That kid that you fixed the pants for back about twenty five years ago. You fixed his wife's wedding dress too," said Brad.

"Oh, OK, I know who your talking about now, I can't even remember what I wrote about him, it's been such a long time since I wrote that in there," Kathy replied.

"I do remember that Tina sent him over to our house to try and seduce me... He didn't get the job done, did he?" Kathy said,"I told you that I love you and yes, I remember now. That boy was hot!" she laughed.

"And yes, I probably did think about him, when you see someone as attractive as he was, everybody fantasizes a little. Just like you probably do about Sandra Bullock, or one of those other pretty women."

"Well, yeah, I'll agree with you there, but you have guys coming on to you all of the time, and what chance would I ever have with someone... Wait... I've got you, don't I? I've got the girl everybody seems to want."

Brad put his arms around Kathy and kissed her, then he said,

Didn't I always tell you that your sister was a fucking cunt, I could tell that the very first time I met her," said Brad,"And look how many times she tried to fix you up with someone else?"

Brad nor Kathy either one spoke for a few moments, then he looked over at her and said,

"You know, right after I started reading your book, is when I started dozing off and on, I had one hell of a dream. You might even call it a nightmare."

"And what were you dreaming about?" asked Kathy.

"Well, I had to go back and read the whole thing over again, because the dream was so real, I didn't know if it was something that I actually read, or part of the dream," said Brad,"I dreamed about you and Matt going out to Hilltop Park, but instead of tripping and falling into his arms...

He paused for a moment and glared at her.

"The day he kissed you... And you kissed him back!" Brad said, with contempt in his voice.

"In my dream, you walked up behind him in some heavy brush and surprised him while he was taking a piss. He turned around, you got a glimpse of his huge cock."

"Ha ha ha," Kathy laughed,"Huge cock, huh...? That's funny! Did you forget that I saw his hard on when he stood up that day? I know I wrote that, ha ha ha, he a little feller, ha ha ha."

Brad felt relieved when he heard that Matt was small, he continued,

"Then, you were distracted all week, cause all you could think about was, his big cock. You wanted to try out a porn star sized cock."

Kathy grinned a mischievous grin,"If I'd wanted a porn star sized cock, I would have gone after that boy, what's his name... Jason?"

"He'd been playing with himself or something and he was a little hard. The outline of his big un' was showing right through those dress pants he had on, I CAN remember that," Kathy joked.

"Oh yeah, well, you fucked him in my dream too, just wait, I'll get to him in a little bit."

Kathy was now laughing,

"Just how many people did I fuck in your dream anyway?" she asked.

"Just let me tell you the dream and I'll get to all of that. Let me see, oh yeah, you thought about Matt's cock all week and when I went back on nights, you and Matt went back out to the park," Brad said, as he gave her another disapproving look.

"It was starting to get dark and you guys walked into the woods to holler at the kids. Matt pulled you into his arms and kissed you, while you reached down and started stroking his big cock," said Brad.

"Ha ha ha, I didn't take my tweezers with me to the park," Kathy laughed.

"Well, then you told him to come down to the side door of the garage after I left for work, that you'd be waiting on him. After I left, you went back to our room and took all of your clothes off, then went to the door and waited on him."

Kathy had a look of anticipation on her face,

"Oh, I can't wait to hear this," she said inquisitively.

"Oh, and I forgot, while you were fantasizing about Matt's cock all week, and you bought some cucumbers and practiced sucking on them until you could deep throat them.

"What???!!" I sucked on a cucumber... Ha ha! Where in the hell did that thought come from?"

"Yes you did... You had started a grocery list in the book, an..."

"Why would I start a grocery list in a journal??"

"Who the hell knows, I've seen you do some weird shit when you're distracted!!"

"Anyway, when he got there...

"Who got where??"

Brad just stared at her for a moment, wondering whether or not she was serious.

"See what I mean... Matt!! Matt got down to the side door of our old bedroom..."

OH... OK, I'm sorry, go on," said Kathy.

After you let Matt in, he took off his clothes. You got down on your knees, and told yourself that you were a whore, then you sucked on his cock until he came all over your face and in your mouth. Then, you kept sucking on him until he was hard again, climbed on and rode him until you had a big orgasm; Then you stuck his giant cock into your ass and he fucked you to another orgasm," Brad explained.

"Oh... And you laid there on top of him while his cock went soft and when you went to climb off, you had a mini orgasm when his cock popped out."

"So, I sucked the cum out of his huge cock and then he stuck that giant thing in my butt, right?" Kathy said,"And just how long was this 'affair' supposed to have gone on? Was it only the one time, or did it last for a while?"

Brad nodded, then continued,

"Oh, It went on for quite a while, but after the first week, Kurt Mitchell joined in... Oh, I forgot, Kurt saw you out one evening in the yard, you were doing something to your roses I think... Uh, he told you he had seen Matt coming down after I went to work, and he wanted in on the action. You told him to come to the side door after I left that night and then, you fucked him.

The next time Matt came down again, you were standing outside naked talking to Kurt.

No, wait a minute, that's not right... Matt came down and you took him outside and fucked him against the fence right next to Kurt's bedroom window, then, a car went by and the light came through the house and you could see Kurt standing there watching you and Matt!!

"Oh, really?

"Yeah, then it was the next time that Matt came down and you were standing outside naked, and talking to Kurt.

"What!! Just how the hell did I wind up standing outside naked, talking to Kurt?"

"While you were waiting by the door for Matt to come, you decided to go outside in the back yard for a walk..."

"And I was naked, right??"

"YES, Let me finish!"

"When you decided to go back in, you headed for the door, and Kurt was standing on his back porch, and y..."