Only Time Would Tell

Story Info
Love denied is still love.
3.1k words
4.38
3.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
eviltwin52
eviltwin52
1,698 Followers

This is a bit different from the stories I typically tell. Very little sex around a love story that was years in the making. I hope you enjoy it. Your comments and emails are encouraged to let me know if have strayed too far afield.

I'd known Mike ever since I can remember. We grew up together and he was my best friend. As the years went by, Mike grew to be nearly 6' tall with a good build and handsome looks that remind one of the old Marlboro man, including the Mark Spitz moustache.

I got to almost 5' 9" and have a medium build.

Through Elementary, Jr High, and High School, Mike and I were inseparable. We were united by the similarities in our home life which for both of us was horrible. Our fathers were evil drunks who would lash out with a quick right hand or belt with little or no provocation. We'd heal our wounds together and plan for our revenge.

We also talked about our futures, girls, music, girls, cars, and girls. Mike had no problem getting dates. Though it took me a while to finally get up the nerve to ask one out, I gathered my courage and got a girlfriend. There was never a Friday or Saturday night when Mike and I didn't double date. I never got to second base, but it was only because I didn't try.

Mostly we just hung out at the usual spots with the usual crowd with just enough money from our menial jobs to cop movie tickets and a burger afterwards.

Mike was proud when he lost his virginity. I lied when I said me too. Inside I knew he didn't really buy that but we were best friends and he let me get away with that fib.

When we turned 16, Mike and I pooled our limited funds and bought a 1985 Trans Am together. Mike got his mom to register it. Yes, it was old, 32 years old but it was in fairly good shape. Some wear and tear on the front bucket seats, burned some oil, and even with tread-bare tires, it laid rubber. In no time we got the hang of the manual transmission and felt like kings cruising after school.

For the next two years Mike would pick me up, honking the horn in the mornings. I never asked if I could have the car. My old man would have been really pissed because I had not consulted him about it first. So Mike would take it home. His old man was so drunk he never noticed another vehicle in the driveway or at the curb in front of their house.

After high school, I went to college and Mike went into the service. It was a tearful goodbye as we hugged each other and promised to write and email. I felt my heart was empty when I dropped him off at the induction base. I couldn't remember a day without my friend.

Driving that old Pontiac alone was just not the same.

I sent Mike the title and he signed it so I could sell the old war horse, the faithful pussy mobile.

We exchanged letters and when he got deployed, we'd face-time. Mike was the same old charismatic confident guy I'd always known. We missed each other and promised to meet when he came home on leave.

As his leave got closer, I was so excited I didn't know what to do with myself. It was hard to concentrate on my classes but I managed somehow to scrape together a 3.4 GPA.

It had been over a year and a half since I'd seen Mike. When I got to his house, he tore out the front door before I got to it. We hugged and happy tears welled up in my eyes.

We caught up on each other's lives and Mike had made E-5, sergeant. The service did well by my friend. I knew he had seen some deep shit, but he never talked about it, and I never asked.

I will admit it here, we got drunk that night. So drunk we forgot where we parked which was a good thing, I guess. At least we didn't puke in the Uber. Instead of going home, we shared a motel room, chose our bed, and passed out.

I awoke the next morning. It was late, maybe 10:30. I heard Mike in the shower and went into take a leak. When the water turned off and the shower curtain was pulled aside, there was my friend in all his naked glory.

I'd had plenty of opportunities to see his cock in the past but never looked.... until now. While I had nothing to be ashamed of, Mike had a cock to be proud of.

His neatly trimmed black pubic hair formed a nice contrast to the 7" pink cock.

"Um, johnnie, you like what you see, dude?"

"I uh, um, just lost on thought Mike. Go fuck yourself."

We laughed it off but like the time I lied and told him I had gotten laid, I didn't think he really bought it.

We took an Uber back to where we had gotten wasted and finally found Mike's 2017 Mustang. "A far cry from the ole puss chaser, huh,?" he said with pride.

We spent that day reliving some of the best times and I took Mike home to see my mother. Yeah, my old man was still alive and still a no-good, lazy ass drunk. He couldn't have been bothered to acknowledge Mike when we came in. Mom did. She hugged him and asked if we were hungry.

"No thank you ma'am," Mike answered. "I've got a ton of cash and johnnie and I are eating out."

And we got the fuck out of there.

For me, it was wonderful. Being with Mike once more lifted my spirits and his too.

Mike told me that he'd been writing back and forth with some female pen-pal and had plans to meet her face to face for the first time while home on leave.

I told him about a girl I was dating. It was a lie of course. I had no girlfriend and to be honest, having a girlfriend wasn't on my list of priorities. I just had no interest in people other than my friend Mike.

We had yet another tearful goodbye as Mike left to seek out romance with his pan-pal lady friend.

Maybe I was a late bloomer. The female body held no fascination nor allure for me. I hated my father, had little regard for mom who allowed him to abuse us both, and my emotional parting when Mike left had me all spun out. I decided to get counseling.

I cried my eyes out that first session. Explaining my loneliness, my family dynamic, and how I missed my best friend.

The psychologist listened patiently, jotting a few notes. She didn't bait me with, "And how does that make you feel," bull shit. I think they use that because they have nothing helpful to say. But Mrs. Grey engaged with me. She wanted to know about Mike, his family, and we explored why I was so dependent on him to be happy.

"This may be difficult to hear, johnnie," Mrs. Grey smiled sadly. "I think you're in love with Mike."

Her words caught me off guard. I tried to stutter out my disagreement, but she asked me to do some honest soul searching. "You must come to terms with your sexuality and the fact that you're in love with Mike. Please, for your sake, between the time you leave here today and next week' visit, look deep within yourself. As yourself the hard questions and answer them honestly."

"My sexuality was in question because I didn't have a girlfriend? What nonsense. I was in love with my best friend? Utter crap. I do love Mike. I love him like a brother." All those thoughts filled my head as I left her office.

Filled with doubts about Mrs. Grey's observations, I did ask myself those tough questions. I tried to check myself for homosexual tendencies. The best I could come up with, the answer that best suited my ego was that at best I was asexual.

I buried myself in my studies and worried when 5 months Mike told me over Skype that he was getting married. "I knocked her up, johnnie. It's what I should do, what I have to do."

I cried myself to sleep that night. For some reason, I found myself broken hearted and jealous.

The next 6 months dragged on broken only by Skypes with Mike which for reason's unknown to me, he initiated more frequently. I could tell from the way he talked that there were problems in his recent marriage. "I'm gonna hang in there, johnnie. I have to. I want my son to have my last name."

"Is it that bad,?" I asked.

"johnnie, I don't know why I got mixed up with this cunt. It's all I can do to keep her off drugs, booze, and cigarettes while she's pregnant."

My heart ached for my friend. I couldn't find the words and got choked up. I had to hang up before I started crying. "Mike, I have to go." And just before I knew what I was saying, I sputtered, "I love you."

Why did I have to say that? Why oh why? What's wrong with me? I thought I might have scared off my only friend. I kicked myself over and over for that 1 second slip of the tongue.

I called Mrs. Grey the next day and begged for an emergency session. She agreed to see me.

I told her what I'd blurted out without thinking. "It's not a bad thing, johnnie. It didn't come from your brain. Your words didn't come from thought. When you told Mike you love him, it came from your heart. Love is illogical, johnnie. People love for all the right reasons as well as all the wrong ones. The heart wants what the heart wants."

"But what if I scared him away? What if I lost my best friend,?" I sniffed through tears.

"I understand why you're worried. Let me say this. It may not be a comfort to you but if Mike is as you say, truly your best friend, you haven't scared him away. After what you've told me about him, Mike probably understands at the very least. At best, he might even share your feelings."

The Skype sessions with Mike stopped. He didn't answer when I tried to reach him. Nor did he call me. I was in despair. My whole world was covered by dark clouds. I pushed away thoughts of doing something stupid and did my best to concentrate on getting my degree in architecture.

I was fortunate after graduating to get a job with a firm that was in my town and didn't have to move. I did though. Even though I was on the bottom rung of the company ladder, I made enough to get the hell out of my parents house and rent a two-bedroom apartment. I figured the second bedroom would be my home office.

Work was interesting and I was allowed to be creative which suited me.

As the months went by, the loss of my friend Mike was still there but either the pain had lessened, or I learned to cope with it. Most likely, I just buried it.

It was a Saturday when my phone rang. "Facetime me," Mike said. "I have something to show you."

I was surprised and excited to hear from him. My hands trembled and my heart beat fast as I saw Mike's face for the first time in months.

"johnnie, meet my son."

Mike held a beautiful baby boy. He had Mike's eyes and chubby cheeks."

"He's beautiful Mike. What's his name?"

"In spite of his mother, I named him johnnie after my best friend."

I couldn't help it. I just broke down in tears. Mike let me compose myself and hushed me when I tried to apologize.

"Listen to me, johnnie. I need to tell you something. After johnnie was born, I filed for divorce. His mother couldn't have cared less that I was leaving her. It would give her free reign to snort, smoke, and drink all she wants. The best part is she gave up her parental rights. johnnie is mine."

"You're going to raise him by yourself? Won't that be hard?"

"I think I have that figured out."

"Just then I heard a knock on my door. "Hold on, Mike. Someone is at the door. Back in a sec."

I opened the door and couldn't believe it. Mike was there with little johnnie. "Meet your God son," Mike said handing me the 9 month old baby boy. "Like that old country song, Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone," he laughed.

"But what, I mean how, I mean.... Oh my God what a wonderful surprise."

Our eyes met and I knew everything was going to be alright. "Gotta take a leak. Be back in a minute."

I held Little johnnie and I swear, he looked at me and smiled. For me, it was love at first baby laugh.

Mike returned and said he had to get something from the car. He came back with a diaper bag and a bouquet of red roses.

"These are for you," he said handing me both the roses and diaper bag.

I had to laugh. My heart was filled with joy.

We changed little johnnie and put him down to bed. Mike said he needed to shower so I got him a towel and washcloth.

I was humming as I put the roses in a vase and waited.

Mike took his time but at last I heard the water turn off.

"Well johnnie," he said standing with only the towel around his waist. I think it's time you showed me just how much you missed me.

I walked into his open arms and after a short hug, Mike positioned my face so he could kiss me.

It was most unexpected, and I placed my hands on his chest as if to push him away. One of his hands clutched my bottom, his other hand around my waist.

Instead of pushing, I moaned into his mouth when his tongue met mine. Both my hands left his chest and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

We stood kissing for I don't know how long. Mike pulled his face back and looked me in the eyes. "Baby, it's time you show daddy just how much you love him."

One hand guided me down to my knees, his other freed himself of his towel.

I didn't question my sexuality. I didn't question anything at all. I opened my mouth and welcomed my man home.

Having only one bed, Mike and I shared it. He lay back, propped up by pillows telling me how things went from good to bad with Lois, his baby momma.

My head was on his chest. I listened as Mike told me how hard he tried to save her and how he failed.

"Some people just don't want saving, Mike. Little johnnie is better off without her. But what about her parents? Won't they come looking for their grandchild?"

"That apple didn't fall far from the tree. They live in a rusty single-wide in the desert near Needles. We won't be hearing from them."

"We? You're staying?"

"Only if you'll have me."

"Mike, um, we need to talk about what happened earlier."

"You mean the welcome home blow job?"

"Um, yeah. Look, I never did...... I just got all... Well, it just..."

"Look at me, johnnie."

I turned my body and looked up at my friend. "I haven't said this to anyone, not even Little johnnie's mother."

I saw him take a deep breath. He reached down and put his hand under my arm and pulled me close; so close that our faces were only inches apart. "I love you. I have ever since I could remember. I know it's gay and I didn't want to be that way. I was afraid. I was scared. Scared that you wouldn't understand."

"johnnie, for the last year plus I have been miserable. I felt trapped in a relationship with a woman who I grew to detest. In my heart, here, with you is where I wanted to be. Where I knew I needed to be. No matter how hard I tried to pretend I wasn't a homo, you were always on my mind and in my heart."

"Oh Mike, hearing you say that makes me so happy."

"Little johnnie needs parents and I want my friend, my love to help me raise him. Together, johnnie, together, you and me."

I didn't try to hide the tears that flowed down my cheeks. Mike used his finger to wipe them aside. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything Mike."

"Where did you learn to suck a cock like that?"

Without admitting it to each other, the cat was out of the bag. We are gay. We are lovers.

"That was my first time. I never had the urge or desire before."

"I believe you baby," he said nudging my face toward his cock. "Practice makes perfect."

And practice I did. Mike never has blown me. He says he never will. He won't fuck me either which, when I think about it, is fine. I don't really want that big thing up my rear end anyway.

We weren't exactly like Oscar and Felix, the Odd Couple, but I assumed the less dominant role and Mike became the man of the house.

With his military training and experience, Mike had no useful skills that really transferred to civilian life except leadership. He started out doing private security work which grew into a thriving business with 6 other ex-military types working for him.

My work as an architect went smoothly and gradually rose in the firm.

There was no crossdressing, nothing of the sort. We both wear business suits and rarely engage in a public display of affection. Our relationship was our business.

Looking back, it's almost funny how for years we both shared an unspoken love for each other. I say almost funny because our fear and reluctance to accept our sexuality led us to having Little johnnie, a gift as precious to me as Mike's love.

eviltwin52
eviltwin52
1,698 Followers