All Comments on 'Only You'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 205 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If she didn't tell her husband than we wouldn't have a story. So as written, I like it ALL EXCEPT the way they went out. He should be so angry and upset that going out is the last thing on his mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hate the line “I deserve this” nearly as much as “If you really love me you’ll let me do this”. Both should be grounds for divorce.

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

It was different, enjoyed it, they shouldn't have gone out that was silly,. She destroyed an happy marriage by being honest. It would have been better to have kept it to herself, and retained an happy marriage. Joe would have died a happy man, now he will go to his grave a very bitter man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He should just "Hate Plow" her until he gets over it, watch like a hawk and keep her on pins and needles till he decides she's been punished enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She changed her mind and was open to her husband. However, telling him was good, being open and honest, but was she testing the waters just in case he may have said, yes that ok, you should have gone a head and meet him. Her seeing his feed back may well have re-seated the lid of Pandora's box!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was foolish and ended up calling my husband for a ride home from my date yes, I broke it off and my husband hated me almost as much as I hated myself. It's been 3 years and he still doesn't fully trust me. The hurt I put him through was not worth it at all. I do love him with all my heart but it's still not the same. There is a constant coldness and worry there. I truly hate what I've done to us. You wrote a very short story but hit it out of the ballpark as feelings go. You did good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story. Extremely well presented and very realistic. 5*s

bigurnbigurnalmost 2 years ago

3 stars ... But, she is going to screw around sooner or later. If she went that far already, then it is going to happen eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not a bad story but didn't grab me. Nothing with how long they're married or even what her name is, just her husband's & intended night man's name. She came down fully dressed to go out. She knew her husband would see her like that & questioned. Probably would've went on the overnight with Simon... until she saw Joe's reaction. Then her story changed from an "I'm going out on a date plus" to a confession. She probably called him after the talk to cancel.

-- As she went that far, I wonder if she'll try doing that again, just telling hubby it's an overnight with some friends.

-- IF she did call before hand, why was she still dressed like she was? Only you is a BS reason- could've said that she wants him taking her out for dinner. She didn't. As such, I agree with Helen1899 comments below: she should've kept her "almost" quiet. And just not repeat it. 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The fact that she let it get that far is a marriage-killer for me.

Reader2021Reader2021almost 2 years ago

5 Stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nice Story approach!

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

An emotional affair is still an affair and once a cheat always a cheat. Eventually, she will get tired of what her actions turned Joe into and she will physically cheat on him. It will all result from her original actions but she will find a way to justify it. Joe, wounded for life, will consciously, or not, start looking for her replacement. At some point, he needs to tell her what would have happened had she not cancelled and include her death in it.

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 2 years ago

Tricky situation, but well written and acceptable conclusion. Genies never go back in the bottle, but fingers crossed, eh?

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Trust is very hard to replace...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is he really better off knowing about her canceled plans if she will never again be so selfish and foolish? Not at all clear to me that he is. Since she told the lothario's wife what they had planned, i understand she had to tell him as well. Best to tell both or tell neither? Hard to say. Definitely best, however, to stay completely faithful in the first place.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Why can't Simon tell his wife? Surely SHE'LL understand, just like Joe, right?

\

@lujon2019, I think the fantasizing during her prep was about Joe, JOE is "her man."

\

The writer is the ultimate authority on his characters, and if she says she'll never lose her mind like that again, then that's it.

\

"at least she didn't do anything with Simon and she did confess to him instead of keeping that a secret from him." - Yes, but if she had kept it a secret, he wouldn't be suffering, so by confessing, she relieved her guilt, and dumped the load of shit onto her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once she told Simon's wife, she had to tell her husband. Regardless she did abort and recommit to her husband. There is a price to be paid for breaking trust, but they will reconcile and the author makes it clear she will not stray. The maxim that "once a cheater, always a cheater" is not always true. Especially when there is a confession and if they reconcile, having to go through a long trial of rebuilding trust. Unless they have serious mental health problems, those people do not cheat again. For example, the weak-willed wife (Linda) in February Sucks would never cheat again after seeing her husband's pain and going through marriage hell. Of course in many version the husband fails to see that. Not giving her free pass for what she did, but that she would not m be so susceptible again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"It didn't go away with that blowjob or our date or when I gave him my butt. A year later the emotional pain was still there. He wasn't quite the same with me and I could tell. Sex was a little rougher, my phone wasn't always where I left it, and once or twice I thought he'd followed me somewhere.

Breaking someone's trust is the worst thing you can do. It's like putting a broken plate back together. It's fixed but it will never be as strong as it was when unbroken. I have to live with that and it's hard."

It should be hard for the wayward spouse. Reconciliation is a hard road with no guarantees. According to professionals, it takes anywhere from 2 to 5 years (and that's with professional therapy counseling) for the betrayed spouse to over come the soul destroying pain of betrayal. The old marriage is broken and gone forever. If she wants to stay with her husband then she has to win him back and convince him that her remorse will last and create a new relationship. Recent research shows that women are more likely to cheat than men and that the reason they cheat is because they become bored with the sex with their long term relationship partner. So, how does this wife intend to deal with her boredom that got her in this mess in the first place? How is she going to keep from getting bored again with her husband? Unless she can answer that in all likelihood she will cheat on her husband. A simple declaration isn't going to get the job done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What's the deal? The cheating asshole's wife has a fragile ego? Is that why she can't be told? You know, how women all have fragile egos, can't handle their husband's cheating. After all, it's the man's body, and he's not her property. He should be able to cheat if he wants to, right? It's just sex. What's the big deal? [had enough turnabout is fair play, ladies?]

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it as is meaning he is not 100% a cuck that is OK with what she did. He checks on her and is not the same. I doubt it will ever get healed. How does he know she didn't have a physical affair with the guy already and that his wife found out so she is going on the offense to head it off saying SHE broke it off?

I agree maybe not an immediate divorce but over time she may feel the need to leave what can become a loveless marriage.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

She had an emotional affair with another man, rather than communicating with her husband. That makes her every bit as guilty as if she had fucked him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have divorced the slut once she told him about Simon!! Bitch

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

Read this a few times. I have two issues with this story.

1. At the beginning, while we're led to believe she's going to cheat- though she isn't -she's STILL thinking about her wannabe lover. 'I wondered what Simon preferred?' Why was she wondering that? She'd already made up her mind to giver her EVERYTHING to her husband, yet that one line contradicts that. Yes, I know it was for the readers to think she was going to cheat, but (for me) it hurts the wife's character and redemption.

2. Her confession was needlessly drawn out in a way that (to me) seemed to only increase the husband's pain. Again, I understand it was done to flip the script on the typical 'I have a date with another man' stories, for the big reveal, but comes off as unnecessarily (and unintentionally) cruel.

Still, always an enjoyable story. 5*

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

I think that Arthur just below hit the nail on the head. She is still playing with fire and has already burnt down at least half the marriage in her emotional affair. cheating does not start with intercourse, it just ends there. She’s is a cheat and deserves to be treated as one! Does it require the end of the marriage? No, perhaps not, but it results in the end of trust at some level. The is poison to any meaningful relationship. The poison may not be fatal, but it will leave an effect!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What about next time?!

She had already cheated mentally and emotionally.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 1 year ago

We are all tempted. Even the idiots that never give anyone else even the smallest break. Forgiveness? Never. Why would those perfect specimens of virtue even consider that someone else might forgive his wife for being tempted. When we resist temptation we grow stronger. This woman is stronger for her resistance and for her honesty about her own weakness. Will she give in some day in the future? Only time will tell, but I'm predicting that she resisted once and she will resist again. We are all human and we all have faults. The only people beyond forgiveness and understanding are the "I'm better than you" crowd that loves to put others down. I'm guessing that the reason is that they couldn't keep their own women satisfied and were jilted, possibly as a result of their own fault, in some cases not. But don't expect your own faults to be forgiven if you will not forgive others. It is a fundamental law of life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent short story. The wife was tempted but pulled back and confessed and burned Simon. I am glad the husband was able to forgive her, though not forget, which is inevitable. That being said this about as close as a woman can come to burning her marriage but pulling back from the abyss and reconciling with her husband. There have been a few other cases by other authors but generally rely on extenuating circumstances. This was simple, brutal and effective. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. She went to the edge of the abyss and stepped back, burned Simon, and confessed. Good to see they will work it out. Glad she snapped out of it. And no I think author makes it clear she will not fall again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another narcissist slut. Move along, nothing to see here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice little twist, not every story needs to be a BTB. Thanks. KS

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Wow!! That was Great!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If she went that far, she went way too far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story avoided temptation just in time

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Interesting story. In my experience, it is Very hard to get the truth out of people. Especially a woman, about her experiences with other men. I suppose Karen, my first wife, I trusted the most because we hard worked so hard to improve our communication. However, in the end it didn't matter. Honesty between a man and woman, good communication is probably the very most important part of a relationship. When Mandy gave me "the crabs" the second time it was an immediate "everything out the front door from the second story" experience. I felt bad later, but she was too "Hot" of a woman to be available very long. Cheating & dishonesty are hard on any relationship. If you look long enough and find a woman that has absolutely NO sex drive, you may find one that won't cheat. But I guarantee that she will be a very lousy fuck. Experience in anything will usually make you better at it. Sexual relations is just one way a woman improves her ability to please you. When I was with Karen (my first wife) no matter how many men she would fuck, I never felt threatened and only ever was concerned with her safety. Never about losing her from her fucking other men. I remember one time, I asked her "why" she fucked so many other men. She said "because I like it!" LOL horney baby! But I felt secure with her because of our good communication. Ever since, many other women, besides their breasts, I always watched them for Honesty. Almost all of them failed that. I could have had so many more wives than 5, LOL. Thank Goodness I didn't! 5 stars for good writing, and an interesting story!

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Interesting story. In my experience, it is Very hard to get the truth out of people. Especially a woman, about her experiences with other men. I suppose Karen, my first wife, I trusted the most because we hard worked so hard to improve our communication. However, in the end it didn't matter. Honesty between a man and woman, good communication is probably the very most important part of a relationship. When Mandy gave me "the crabs" the second time it was an immediate "everything out the front door from the second story" experience. I felt bad later, but she was too "Hot" of a woman to be available very long. Cheating & dishonesty are hard on any relationship. If you look long enough and find a woman that has absolutely NO sex drive, you may find one that won't cheat. But I guarantee that she will be a very lousy fuck. Experience in anything will usually make you better at it. Sexual relations is just one way a woman improves her ability to please you. When I was with Karen (my first wife) no matter how many men she would fuck, I never felt threatened and only ever was concerned with her safety. Never about losing her from her fucking other men. I remember one time, I asked her "why" she fucked so many other men. She said "because I like it!" LOL horney baby! But I felt secure with her because of our good communication. Ever since, many other women, besides their breasts, I always watched them for Honesty. Almost all of them failed that. I could have had so many more wives than 5, LOL. Thank Goodness I didn't! 5 stars for good writing, and an interesting story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Believe me I understand. My wife confessed to me about her affair. I was very upset. I was ready to divorce her but I backed out. We are still together and I'm glad I made that decision but there are times that something we happen that brings back those bad memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written tale of temptation and a wife's saving grace; also, that no good deed goes unpunished. (Couldn't hold back the cynicism.) Thanks for the look inside a woman's mind in such a situation. More please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

yes you will ,cause you are a whore. and cause you are married ,its cheating no matter what you think , before god or judge either way its cheating .divorce and move on .

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

I gave this 5* on a first read through, but after some more, I need to drop it to 4*. While I can appreciate the story for what it was, the wife was needlessly cruel in how she told him. Sure, it was done that way for the readers to think it was another "we need to talk" stories, but it wasn't done to us, it was done to the husband. She allowed him to believe she was going to cheat, and waited until after he looked "broken" to come clean. If my wife did that to me, I doubt I could forgive her cruelty.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I came back to this. It's good. She told the wife, so she had to tell her husband before word got back to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's an okay story, but loss of trust goes hand in hand with loss of marriage. The constant worrying about whether or not she was honest and won't cheat in the future would lead a man to an early grave. Some men might be able to put it behind them. Most men would have planned things out and divorced her. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It puzzles me why L/W readers always throw out the Whore or Slut even when the spouse has thought or a movement towards cheating. A spouse who reversed their thought process and then communicates it to their spouse deserves some credit and a path back to trust…. Also the bitter commenters just show a lack of intelligence when they Aldo’s advocate for BTB ending over communications Sorry ass bunch of bitter wimps.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh that’s a story and a half, really good twist, loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story would have been a 5, but the trying to justify all the lying and the evil way it was done? Probably not the first for someone like that anyway. Dump the disrespect and move on...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice twist.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop short-circuited in a sweet, unique plot with a semi-HEA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing how many people are black and white Old Testament types. Wth? Ever heard of forgiveness? She canceled, reversed course, confessed, burned Simon, and repented. Yeah she was tempted and made a verbal agreement to see Simon. She never kissed, fondled, or made out with Simon. If the husband still loves her, then reconciliation is more than warranted yet as the story describes, always painful. My one criticism of the plot, is they need counseling to help mend the temporary lapse of judgment and her breach of trust. She is not an affair waiting to happen, but delving into why and addressing those issues would go along way to re-establishing trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The problem with relationships is “trust” or the lack of it.

Once either partner has breached the trust, be it through action or thought, the trust has gone. I’m not talking of fantasies but the fact that either partner has considered, planned or actioned breaking the wedding vows, a part of the relationship dies.

All the counseling in the world isn’t going to fix it. He will always be uncomfortable when shes late home from work or she goes out with a girlfriend for a meal. There will always be that nagging itch, a feeling of unease.

This marriage won’t last. She’s unleashed the demons and you can’t put them back in the jar.

fritz51fritz51about 1 year ago

Her actions are puzzling. Ok, she came to her senses and canceled the date… why was it necessary to destroy her husband’s trust? She didn’t do it for fear that she would be outed by someone, what would they reveal? Your wife was going to go on a date with a man, but didn’t? So why? I concluded that she did it to ease her own guilty conscience, and to hell with hubby’s ignorant bliss. Also, why did she feel it necessary to burn Simon? Is this supposed to gain her a better chance at her husband forgiving her slip? What about the chance that Simon’s wife would retaliate? Hubby may well see her as a self-centered vindicate bitch, provided that he didn’t already have that opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Started laughing at large and pert in the same sentence, especially at 45. I found it impossible to finish based on that ludicrous premise. An arrogant, self-delusional, entitled woman, about to be hit by the proverbial martian slut ray? Been to that play 1000 times before, no point going again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This idea that you can magically 'fix' a catastrophically stupid, misguided 'one time only' mistake, by a confession... that the partner, who put unconditional trust for you in his heart years earlier, is just going to man up and 'get right on over it' despite you being more than willing to cross a line that shouldn't even be approached... just ludicrous. Sorry, but you don't get to pawn off this 'if only he was more understanding I wouldn't have tried to become a cum dumpster for my own selfish reasons and have to feel guilty afterward' bullshit as realistic. The problem here is NOT the husband. It's a faux wife, that expects a get out of jail free card, because as she spent hours preparing her body for another man, at the last moment she didn't actually take another man's dick inside her. The betrayal was the thoughts, actions, and intentional, hurtful things she DID commit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written, but the subject matter kinda sucked. One of the biggest fantasies on Lit. Can't even imagine that happening. Still a big 5 for spinning a tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

that prick reserved you a room and you agreed

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Self-control exercised late is better than no self-control.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd212 months ago

I disagree with some of the comments below. They are ripe for some serious counseling. They are still struggling to stay together. He doesn't trust her and she will eventually start to resent the environment.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Joe should have left the bitch!!!

MarkT63MarkT6312 months ago

Good story. Quite the delima...

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA11 months ago

The story smacks of an attitude like... Look at me and the sacrifice I am making by not fucking another man... Self adsorbed slut with a head too big to fit through the door. Rough sex for 6 months and then turn the tables with a revenge "date".

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

3 stars. She had an emotional affair. Believe a Post-Nup is called for.

Opinionated1Opinionated110 months ago

would have liked a little more plot development prior to the confession,

but still a solid story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Except she didn't break his trust. Quite the opposite in fact. Pretty stupid story that seems to be based on the idea that women should be like Stepford wives and have no life if their own. People make friendships and some of them are shallow and some deeper, some last a lifetime others not so much. She didn't have sex with the guy and the fact that she thought about it is inconsequential, otherwise men would fail at every hurdle. Let's not go making standards that only the divergent can hold to, lest it makes us all hypocrites.

pummel187pummel18710 months ago

Those of you who question "why do they say women are easy", right here, this is why. A married woman has no business being "seduced ".

Think about it for a moment:

"if a man was putting the moves on you six months into your relationship you would RUN and tell your boyfriend or husband and you know it"

A married woman is NOT supposed to have a career, no that all came in with the so called FEMINIST MOVEMENT", which is all bullshit.

I'm not taking about making ends meet, no that is different and women have been doing that since Adam and Eve (women probably worked harder than the man), no a career is 60 plus hours a week.

ALL MOVEMENTS ARE CREATED FOR THE LITERAL CONTROL OF THE POPULATION, IF YOU SEE THE WORD "MOVEMENT" CONNECTED TO A SOCIAL AGENDA ... run than question. Don't believe me? Fine here

If anyone can tell me who started the FEMINIST MOVEMENT and why I will (no joking around) give that person $500

pummel187pummel18710 months ago

Anonymous... 13 days ago.. YES SHE DID BREAK HIS TRUST. All those lunches and drinks and dancing.. and let's not forget the TOUCHES.

I pray that you are a younger person who doesn't know any better

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Femdom agitprop politics aside, good story, well-written.

Helen1899Helen18999 months ago

Stupid, she had played her get out of jail card, by cancelling , why break almost 25 years of trust by telling him, if they remain married for another 25 years, he still won't trust her ever again. A marriage with no trust is not marriage at all.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Talk about Pavlov's response, here's HighBrow with the only two words he knows. Hahahaha!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@pummel187 from 28 days ago:

"No, we haven't been having an affair. I've never held his hand, never hugged him, never kissed him. Joe?"

====> there was no.mentuon of dancing. No touches. No kisses. Nothing physical. Of course she did lunch a few times a week with the asshole, became smitten with him and accepted his offer to take it to the next level. Definitely bad. But don't add to it your own imagination. What you quoted was not in the story. Seriously do a word search for dance or dancing, only your comment comes up on the page.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

These commenting idiots cannot divorce fiction from reality. I'm sure they are huge fans of pro wrestling, reality TV, and CNN. Also, here's a universal physical law of Planet Literotica: "The stridency of the comment is in direct proportion to the commenter's having NOT written a single thing."

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Could have been a great story. But her deciding to go along with the other guys plans and throw it in her husband's face? His reservations? You've got to be kidding. And the pathetic accountability with the wife on the scumbag Predator was completely inadequate. It's not about revenge. Retribution is about making things right. Restitution is about making things right. There was none of that here. Take a stand for something in your writing.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

NicealloverNiceallover7 months ago

I thought it would have been better not to have revealed the truth to him. He was made to experience a moment of defiance that caused a great rift between them. I think it would make sense to have asked him for a date and during the date tell him simply that a man at work was harassing her to get into bed with him but she refused him and told his wife and intended to file a complaint against him at work.

demanderdemander7 months ago

Still no trust. In fact, never any trust. Can't live like that. D

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Damn stupid story. If she's had a near miss there's nothing to be gained from blabbing about it or spilling the beans to Simon's Mrs, after all he's no more culpable in this shit show than the MC is.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 stars

She did the right thing confessing to him. I would want my wife to confess if--god forbid--I was ever in such a situation.

First; if she didn't tell him she would eventually feel she got away with it without him knowing; so if there was a next time she'd be more bold and confident 'knowing' going thought with it knowing she fooled him once. By telling him and seeing his reaction, and his broken trust in her, she isn't likely to try again.

Second: Admitting she almost betrayed him is a show of her honesty, remorse, and respect for her husband even knowing how much it would hurt him and their relationship. He had a right to know, and she showed she was an honorable wife by confessing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow, this must be the first time in LW history that anal sex didn't make all the problems magically disappear!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She did the right thing. She took the honest road which is the much harder road but will lead to a stronger relationship. She could have kept quiet and taken the easier road but you dont do that shit to someone you love and the secret wouldve eaten her up.

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

3 stars - although she made the right decision - she screwed up her marriage for severl months before the big date. Emotional cheating is just as bad, if not worse, than the physical act itself. Why, beause she started cheating on her husband when she agreed to go to all those special lunches with the ASSHOLE.

The husband should have forced and carried out a legal separation of at least six months - no contact whatsoever and her quiting her current employment - as a significant deterent for any future situations she may encounter.

It would certainly give her an idea of what her life would look like, IF she ever thought about that kind of cheating again. If there are no consequences, how can you ever expect the behaviour to change?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ever wonder why they call it "flattery"? Is it because, if it works, you will have "flat - her'd" her?

i.e., Gotten HER FLAT, as in "on her back"?? Just wondering....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She decided to put in the work, but, almost too late. The work is different, depending on when you start it....

To anybody going through this: good luck to you

Good story

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

Good story 4 stars from Xluckylee

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@sbrooks103x

While it obviously shouldn't have gone as far as it did, she DIDN'T go out with Simon, told Joe everything, even outed Simon to his wife, I think Joe should let it go. - said the guy that doesn't let a nitpick pass by.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really, really like this story. An honest woman who woke up in time to prevent totally destroying her marriage, and with guts enough to confess it to her husband. I'd like to hope my wife would do the same, were she ever tempted that far. Yes, this would cause me concern as her husband. But which of us does not face similar temptation? She faced it and won. He should take comfort in that, because, as in so many other stories (and in real life of course) it frequently goes the other direction. Big fan of your writing. Thank you!

ker63469ker634695 months ago

Really like this. Someone that wakes up are realizes they almost made a huge mistake and is willing to live with the pain that they caused

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Usually it either goes tits up or the husband manages to convince the wife she dun goofed (often she's been influenced by some slut in her ear for weeks). But in this case she snapped out of it on her own and confessed. I like it. It demonstrates that while she was fallible and tempted, to the point of almost crossing the line, she was able to realize the error of her ways before she went too far, accepted responsibility for it and even confessed it all to her husband, throwing herself at his mercy because she knew it was the right thing to do. Impressive for a wife in this category I'll say.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove4 months ago

A different take on a familiar situation. She screwed up but she gets credit for saving herself. After hearing her confession, I would have complete faith that she would never do that again. I think she could have done a better job with the confession and saved the man some tears by choosing her words better, but all in all, a good read.

MarkT63MarkT634 months ago

Hubby can NEVER trust her again...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I love your stories. She saved herself, but made a situation where he can;t trust her, for years...

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

As the hubby, I've got to ask the questions I might not want the answers to.

"So, what, just out of the blue he asked you on a date, to probably include sex, and two days later you said yes?"

I'd need to know that *that* wasn't the case. To know that he had to work at it and, preferably, that it took a *lot* of work.

If they flirted for a week before he asked (and she agreed) , I'm thinking we're over anyway. Unfortunately, conversely, if she'd been going to lunch with this guy for months and months we might *also* be over.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She hurts him unnecessarily and apparently intentionally since the date was canceled not telling him it was canceled until he was sure his marriage was over. Cruel.

MC says "I knew Joe would eventually get over it, our love was completely secure" yet a year later MC notes her husband is still not over just her making the date. She apparently doesn't know him as well as she thinks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"I'll never lose my mind like that again."

It doesn't matter. It's far too late. You've already burned your house to the ground.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence3 months ago

"I'm sorry to say it took two days for me to accept."

...

"That's right. I did agree, and at noon today I canceled."

.

I'm thinking that as hubby I'm also curious as to how much time occurred *between* the 'yes' and the cancelation. Did it take her more than 'two days' to come to her senses, meaning she accepted quicker than she opted to cancel (eg. "You took two days to say yes but four days to cancel?")?

Not saying I'd divorce her based on the answer but it would effect my anger at her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That's one way of rationalizng.

If he started anew with the extra short term pain and used the experience to filter more wisely he would have the faithful wife he seems to deserve.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She never had sex with the guy. She cancelled..So why tell him anything? All she did was create a rift in her marriage, and for what? Now she will have to deal with the fallout. Betrayal of trust is a great destroyer of marriages..

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Different. Creative. 5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. Nice variant on the "Honey we need to talk" storyline.

LadyLoreLadyLore3 months ago

She is definitely a affair waiting to happen and that marriage is on the rocks and to the anon that said why tell him anything cause she never had sex with him how would you feel if you found out that your wife cheated on you and never told you and yes she did cheat on her husband she had the worst kind of affair possible and that is a emotional affair some idiots can forgive a physical affair but no real man could ever forgive a emotional affair

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

Man, LW readers are so douchey sometimes. Even when the wife comes to her senses in time and doesn't cheat, they still want to crucify her.

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 months ago

I got to say I liked it, I give cudos to the wife for coming to her senses and confessing to her husband, well done, yes trust was broken but by her action in confessing to her husband that was the first step in re establishing trust⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore1981about 2 months ago

I'm 1 that says he should have divorced her cause she was having an affair a emotional affair but it's still cheating and she agreed to go on a date and fuck another man she even admitted to it so yes he should have kicked her to the curb and others are also right she's definitely a affair waiting to happen meaning she's going to end up fucking another man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

that's a refreshing twist and she is smart enough to see the marriage will always be tenuous.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 1 month ago

A near miss. I liked it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...