All Comments on 'Only You'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 205 Comments (Page 3)
consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

That was a great story. I thought it was heading down the standard path of most of these stories and was happily surprised in the change of direction.

Very well done.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukle24 days ago

A story well told. Your misdirection was very cleaver, and the recognition that a trust once broken has lasting effects and can never be completely regained. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Well done. Some of the commenters below are nuts. She is cheating skank because she had some lunches with Simon, zero physical contact, no emotional affair? Yes she did agree to a clandestine affair. But she stopped herself. No e of the misanthrope on hete haven't lasted after another person? While that is not good (see the covet thy neighbor's wife commandment), it isn't adultery. She had a severe brain fart, whole being seduced, and felt complacent in her marriage. She snapped out of it and fully confessed when she didn't need to. While it hurts the marriage and she almost went through with a terrible decision to maim her marriage and betray her husband, she didn't of her own free will, and sought to atone. If you think that makes her a cheating skank the you have serious issues. 5 stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster114 days ago

Great story !

She realized just in time what she was going to lose... she confessed her near miss, both to her husband AND to the wife of the predator.

She recognized she had broken her husband's trust and belief in her, but she also knew she could not keep it hidden.

While others may think he should have dumped her, or she shouldn't have told him, or a bunch of other possible endings, I think this story - as it was written - captured the real life impact of infidelity in a marriage, even if never carried out, and how things can never be quite the same afterwards.

Five stars from here for a realistically gritty tale, and...

...very nicely done.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr5411 days ago

Well written and a great story. I think the husband should have divorced her anyway as she emotionally cheated on him with the lunches ant the little touches. The husband lost the love he had for her when she told him of her plans as well as the respect and trust needed for a successful marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...