All Comments on 'Orbital Academy 07'

by Maddirose

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Perfect Timing

This chapter happened to post literally moments after I finished reading through the rest of the series. A really delightful blend of refreshingly individual characters, honestly intriguing sci-fi, and good old fashioned hot sex. In this story specifically I really enjoyed the way consent was integrated into the storyline, not just within the immediately relatable context of drinking/potentially pre-drunk written messages, but also the futuristic context of augmented perception. Really fantastic stuff. Visualizing "a small drunken victory dance as Arthur read the message." made me smile. It's things like this that brush away the cynicism and remind me what's so great about the internet. Keep up the good work, and thanks :)

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 10 years ago
Calm before the storm

Rooks on a planetary...

wtf were the purple sparkles...

DaveplaysdouDaveplaysdouover 10 years ago
Great Story.

This is a Great story.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 10 years ago
Wondering aloud

Great story so far. Full of fun, jokes, good natured sex, excitement and childishness.

Two things boggle my mind:

1. The space station is located near the wild planet, in the area attacked by Drakes. Why? Can't they move it out of reach. Are there any reasons to be so close to the hostile planet? Any resources dependencies (food, air, water)?

2. Planetary runs. They fly ninety feet above the surface and tend to lose a large portion of lieutenants to planetary runs. Why risk so many casualties to simply fly above the ground of the planet? Can't the drones do it, while humans are in the temporary bunker? Are they looking for something specific? If so, it better be worth all the lost lives ...

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. Keep up the good work. Happy new Year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
After the first mention, then the first attack, of the 'Drake', I began to feel confused.

I read OA 01 a few weeks ago, then misplaced the shortcut to OA 02, so I went back to 01 to see if there was background info I had forgotten. There isn't.

I read in the author's bio her philosophy was good sex AND a good story; up until the intro of the Drake, I would have said she accomplished that. But introduction of what appears to be a fire-breathing dragon, capable of extra atmospheric flight, with no background or explanation is NOT good story telling.

I thought they were Earth orbitals, but now it seems they are orbiting a hostile planet.

Some context would be appreciated, and is necessary for this to be a complete work.

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous