All Comments on 'Orc Dominion: Triumph Ch. 04'

by OrcDominion

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SexinatiSexinatiover 6 years ago
Damn...

Must suck to be buried alive in muddy water.

Speaking of sucking... Brigitte seems to be getting better at it. ;P

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This whole Anti-Hero thing is a change in direction

The original concept seemed to be Orc’s as the necessary evil, Orc’s as the gentle giants, or Orc’s as the noble warrior. At least that was the theme in your first two story arcs. Janette was being taken advantage of by the evil Heste and her partnership with the Orcs was necessary move to secure the health and safety of her people. The next we saw Janette partner with an Orc Warrior and his female partner, as they put down a rebellion, which lead to bastard child. Still the theme was protection of her people and the preservation of her kingdom. In this incarnation we see the introduction of magic, and that our once beloved Queen has become detached from her people, conspiracies within the kingdom, familial discord and a clear shift in who holds a more noble cause (the Hestians). Human sacrifice on the part of our once noble house, and a giving of the ultimate proce of a Hestian Princess. You have mine strongly rooting for the other guys in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous

I disagree. While Jeanette is a far different woman than when she started, the signs of her current state began as early as Rebellion and possibly even towards the end of Zentara (Ch. 11 to be specific). Remember, during the campaign she signed off on the orcs sacking undefended towns and capturing women to become breeding stock, even advising Turrog to give a captured countess to his men and let her daughter become an orc's slave wife (She had the opportunity to at least ask for the countess to be kept with her daughter but chose not to and the story even mentions that no one knows what happened to her after that).

In Rebellion, Jeanette really starts her growth towards her current self. While completely justified, she does cut down an Orc in her tent and begins engaging in increasingly more stimulating activities (teasing Daniels and the new king of Heste for example). Her greed also gets put on display with her demands from Heste and the scene where she walks through the treasury, admiring her wealth. Lets also not forget how she chose to punish the prostitute who rebelled against her: she couldn't remember sending orcs to rape her but didn't discount the possibility that she had in the past. She then decides to make her lifelong plaything for the Orcs in her castle, rather than just execute her.

The scene where she and Turrog are lying in bed with each other also sets up another reason for her hunger for expansion: security and land for her children. Turrog would have been satisfied with his children competing for territory and proving themsleves but she would rather be able to give them enough territory that they wouldn't have to fight each other: and if the whole of the Western Kingdoms was under their control, Zentara wouldn't have to worry about future rebellions or schemes from other countries.

By the time of descent (where she's starved a kingdom who provided aide to her so her famly could receive control), it's clear her need for greater extremes in the bedroom and her paranoia has started to form. For one thing, Dorian is her shadow now and there wasn't a sign of a secret police in Rebellion.

So I think her progression has followed an arc.

As for the Orcs, a couple things to keep in mind:

1. These Orcs are ones that chose to stay in the March. Turrogg leaving and meeting with Jeanette was out of the ordinary back when the events of Zentara occured. The more noble orcs we've met along the way either spent significant time away from the March or were raised outside of it.

2. While the alliance was a necessary evil and there have been a number of Orcs who have acted nobly (remember that in this chapter, Grotok was against the human sacrifice and so far there hasn't been any signs of him being a poor ruler or abusing his prisoners) or had noble aspirations (Turrog wanting to raise his people up), We've typically seen Orcs take extremes. For example, Bodak engaging in Barbarism after he obtained a duchy led to his death and was a big motivator in the plot of Rebellion. Turrog having the female wedding guests raped also played a role in that. While we've also seen tons of examples of humans being just as cruel if not worse, most of the Orcs we've met are willing to go to a more extreme level than the average human.

SexinatiSexinatiover 6 years ago
I agree!

I agree with all that the second Anon writes.

OrcDominionOrcDominionover 6 years agoAuthor
Feedback

Thanks everyone for the comments. I set out to show both sides have good and bad qualities and not make it a simple right vs wrong situation.

Although to be fair, I would expect most people to root for Amelie over Augras. Even still, I hope I am leaving Augras with some redeeming characteristics.

ItalianBoarItalianBoarover 6 years ago

Very interesting turn of events, I wasn't expecting it, at least from that little princess.

Of the characters I preferred Agmar over Augras, but he definitely is an improvement over the coward of his father.

The orc males seem to be rough and violent towards their male peers, but I completely get it. It's the kind of thing that tests us, the whole Iron sharpens Iron, and I see the King doing it with his nephew.

Thanks for another chapter, OD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 STARS

AMAZING SOOOOOO GOOOOOD ahhh yesYES!!!!!!!!!!^_^

HierophantasHierophantasabout 6 years ago
Briggitte

I really do like her, but I'm not a fan of orc sharing culture.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous