All Comments on 'Orchestrated Payback'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years ago

Loved the brevet promotion

from Concertmaster to Conductor. She'll never forget that.

ag2507ag2507about 3 years ago

But then I'm a sucker for classical music stories... There's a sequel around the violin concierto if you have the strength to continue.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Kindred souls healing one another!

5

sirhugssirhugsabout 3 years ago
Sweet and Sexy

The build up was subtle but intense, making my body hum in anticipation. Truly an art to achieve that.

The musical motifs were well used.

The narrator came alive.

Another triumph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story, but

The feminine for maestro is maestra. It is Italian for teacher and the honorific for a woman conductor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice story.

Just one little nit. Your stories seem to go along with a comfortable tempo and then suddenly there’s a race at the end. I’m not recommending pages of detailed sexual activity but would like to see a bit more about why she changed her mind about him. Her turnaround seemed quite rash and unexplained.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

You must tempur emotion in a story otherwise the characters lose their verisimilitude. The story of Katie and Simon was realistic but Katie came across so histrionic and irritating that I found her rather unlikable. I was expecting you to place a fainting couch next to the podium.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another lovely romance from Sister Jezabel

I loved the "attack of the vapours"! I saw something like that at a local prom concert some years ago, the conductor took the podium to conduct the next piece, then dramatically collapsed, handing over the baton. Staged of course.

Nice story. I like that your characters are not perfect, but have their faults. Loved the musical setting. Five stars.

P.S. On maestro or maestra. I have no doubt that maestra is strictly correct for a female, but I strongly suspect that in Australia at least maestro would be used irrespective of gender.

Davester37Davester37about 3 years ago
I’m not an expert,

but I really enjoy a glimpse into another world that I’ll never see first-hand. The details of your settings bring me right in. I agree that Katie’s turn-around seemed a bit abrupt, but you did explain her therapy and thought process in the interim. 5* for sure.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Always a pleasure to read on of your stories. Thank you for sharing with us.

apollo_XIapollo_XIabout 3 years ago

Love your writing!

And I learned some about music while I was at it. Beautiful story! Definitely a 6!

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Another Great Story

Shorter than normal so the pace really quickened at the end. Katie had some real issues to resolve including bereavement and anger management which take time but the change seemed quite sudden, although I think you did mention a time span there.

I know it's love and I think he's classed as a visiting pianist so not in the orchestra and therefore I suppose it's not against her principles. I would have liked a bit more as they moved towards each other and became a couple.

Loved the ending though and Katie-sprays. 5 stars.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 3 years ago

They all keep being Nice People...being Nice to Each Other! :+))

You're in my wheelhouse! :+)))

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Katie was so fucked in her head. Bitch needed biweekly therapy!! Simon should have steered clear of the emotional fucknut!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The freak jumped into bed very quickly with Si....her therapist must be AMAZING

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...