Orchestrated Payback

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It was where I needed to be. But I also needed to come home for Mum and for my sister Juliet and her man Vlad's wedding, they're having a baby, she's 6 months along now and just glowing!"

"That's great news. So, you won't head back?"

"To the States? No, not now that I've got this sweet gig with the Symphony." Simon smiled as they brought our garlic bread. "What about you? Back to Europe?"

"Hell no."

"That's pretty emphatic."

"Yeah. It was good, but... It forced me to grow up a lot. I suppose marriage does that."

"So, your wife, ex-wife?"

"Long story. I, um, after I graduated, I thought I had burnt all my bridges. Fortunately, Professor Claustrum, remember him?"

How could I forget the Mozart tragic who believed music composed after 1791 was inferior that composed before the great composer's death?

"Yeah, he got me a scholarship in Vienna, playing, not conducting. My initial teacher told me I needed to expand into more romantic works, so he introduced me to Maria. She was amazing. Not as gifted as you are amazing, but her understanding of lyricism and romanticism was phenomenal. I'd met Clara, a fiery red-headed Canadian flautist in Vienna and we were a pretty strong couple, or so I thought. Clara was jealous of Maria though, despite Maria being 20 years older than me and married to the love of her life."

Simon paused to sip his water and nibble at some more bread.

"I thought the way to show Clara I was serious was to propose to her. The plan was to have a small wedding in Vienna, then a party in Ottawa where she was from then one here too, like a round-the-world honeymoon. It sounded good in practice until I was offered a soloist gig with a small orchestra in Salzburg. Clara had a job with an orchestra in Vienna, so we agreed that I'd commute."

"Sounds challenging, I suppose."

"Well, it was ok for a year or so. A bit over two and a half hours by train. Then she found excuses to not come to me, so I decided to surprise her, except I got the surprise. She was in bed with another couple."

"You didn't just join them?"

"No!" Simon almost choked on his pasta. "I realised I wasn't really in love with Clara as much as in love with being with someone. It was an easy divorce and I just headed home. I entered a piano competition and won and then spent a few years touring. Last year Maddy's grades started slipping and she wasn't practising because she spent too much time caring for Celeste, so I decided to just head home and teach for a bit. I'm actually enjoying it. What about you? Tell me about your broken heart."

"Well..." I let out a huge breath and put my fork down, "I got the Fulbright to New York and met Martin in my first year there. He was a Julliard graduate who had become an entrepreneur. He was this pocket dynamo, always on the move and I just thought that we complemented each other perfectly. I can now look back and say this was because I always agreed with every harebrained suggestion he came up with, but at the time I thought it was amazing."

Simon nodded as he ate some of his lunch.

"I finished my PhD looking at pathways for women in traditionally male orchestra circles and Martin suggested we put together an all-female orchestra with me running the show. It was a huge hit. We toured the States and he proposed to me on Santa Monica Pier in LA. I knew Martin had his demons, and he never really opened up to me."

I paused and realised how when I had told my therapist this story I had been in tears, but now I was able to relay it with an almost detached feeling.

"So, a week before the wedding, I picked up Mum, Dad and Toby, my brother, from the airport. Juliet and Vlad had been with us for a week. I kept messaging Martin and calling him, but it went straight to voicemail. We were trying to work out where to meet for dinner. Martin had a meeting just off Broadway. I, um, later I found out it was with another sex-abuse survivor. After the meeting, Martin was on the subway station and he, well, he jumped in front of a train."

Simon gasped and went to hold my hand, but I waved it away.

"CCTV footage showed a priest in a dog collar standing nearby. I didn't know anything about the meeting, but I can only imagine what seeing a priest after he had been talking with another survivor did to him. He, um, his family was, is, quite wealthy and Martin had lots of accounts that none of us knew of. His mother, Ingrid, insisted that I get all his money, but I donated half to an organisation that helped victims of childhood sexual abuse."

"I can't, I can't imagine..." Simon trailed off, a tear in his eye.

"So yeah. Even though we were about to get married, I didn't know of this side of his past and it's taken me a while, and a bit of therapy to accept that perhaps Martin and I weren't going to have a happy ever after without a lot of work and perhaps Martin's personality held me back. I don't know. So, yeah."

"But it might have been amazing. Can you hold onto that?"

"I suppose, but I don't know if his secret would have come out. Anyway. It's history and I'm back home and I really do love my job and the people I work with and being close to my family again."

"Perhaps not all the people you work with..." Simon looked down at his hands in his lap.

"I was horrible to you after that concert and said some things I regret."

"No, no, I was the cad. I saw you as the sexy conductor and didn't even think about what you had had to do to get to such a position and how that made my advances pretty creepy."

"You're not a creep."

"Yes, I am. I changed concertos on you without letting you know and told the orchestra you'd made a last-minute change of mind. That was a shit move on my part."

"You were, what, 21? I survived."

"You more than survived, you thrived. I'm surprised you agreed to meet with me today."

"I was free last night, but I needed more time to ruminate about things, you know how it is." I chuckled.

"Bitch! What time are you due back? You got rehearsals"

"Nah, guest conductor this week- they're getting some testosterone for once or something. Donnie told me to take my time."

"Anyway, don't stress about Margot- she's amazing."

"Is Maddy doing Youth Orchestra this Summer?"

"Yeah, I think she got her acceptance last week."

"Good." I had some plans of my own that I thought I might put in place.

"What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Toby's just finishing Med School and he's off to some relief something in Africa for 6 weeks. Mum and Dad are going cruising around New Zealand. I'm going to be with Lucy, Mark and Gus, you know they had the baby, right?"

"I did hear. Well, if you're at a loose end, I know Maddy and Celeste would love to see you."

"How about I pop around when Margot's there?"

"Her lesson's tomorrow evening, why don't you come to dinner, Margot will be there anyway."

I agreed and said my farewells. It had been a pleasant lunch. I had never planned to share Martin's story but was glad I had. I felt comfortable talking with Simon, but I was still wary of forming any sort of relationship with him.

Margot was indeed amazing when I met her. She played with poise and precision that far surpassed her years. Her improvisation skills were better than mine had ever been. She and Maddy played some pieces together and I was not surprised that Maddy also showed immense talent and proficiency. I had checked with the Youth Orchestra organisers and discovered Maddy was on the shortlist for lead violin, and I agreed that she was indeed the most suited. Maddy was amazed when I told her, and Simon thanked me profusely.

"It's not because I know you, Maddy, it's because you are the most qualified." I may have pulled some strings, but I also had some plans for the concert.

Simon and I would text each other every few days, but there were never any sexual overtones. Christmas came and went, and I managed the obligatory Carols by Candlelight performance with poise and aplomb if you read the reviews correctly.

I was still searching for a small house to purchase and move to, but nothing was right. It was either too big or too small. I felt like Goldilocks.

"It's not like you need a studio to teach in like Mark or me?" Lucy commented one day as we sat in the park sipping coffee.

"No, I don't really know what I'm after, just something near transport with a music room that's big enough for a piano."

"Why?"

"Well, you know. I play a little, plus every home needs a piano, doesn't it?"

"I suppose it depends on who will be visiting! How are things with Simon?"

"Not like that. I mean, we're being civil to each other, but I don't know. Perhaps I need to look into that barman again!"

"There's be nothing inappropriate with you and Simon forming some form of thing, whatever it might look like."

"Listen to you sounding all woke and all! You mean I need to get laid?"

"Well that too, but, I mean, Mark and I met at the con and it's always been lovely making music together, both literally and metaphorically speaking!"

"Yeah, I miss sex. Geez, I hope Gus can't understand what we're talking about!"

~*~*~*~*~

Youth Orchestra was lots of fun. Simon was there a lot of the time, especially when we rehearsed with Margot, but Maddy and I managed to keep our surprise intact.

The Saint-Saëns was not on the program but planned to be an encore. What surprised the audience the most, was my act of having an 'attack of the vapours' as I stood to conduct the encore, thus the protocol ensuring the Lead Violinist would take my place. Instead of walking off stage, I simply took Maddy's place, picked up her violin and followed her lead. We had practised it in rehearsal, and I saw Maddy's hands shake as she raised the baton to conduct us, but she was soon in the swing of things.

At the end of the encore, I looked out to the accessible seating to see Celeste and Simon hugging each other, Celeste overcome by what we had arranged.

"How did it feel, in the Concert Hall, a full house, broadcast around the country and steamed around the world?"

"You didn't say it was being broadcast!"

"I thought I had. You were both amazing Margot and Maddy and have made this fortnight such a wonderful experience for me, thank you both. I really do look forward to working with you both again."

"Are you seeing my Uncle?"

"Sorry?"

"I mean, I think you should."

"You've just conducted an orchestra, in the Concert Hall and you are trying to play matchmaker? Geez!" I laughed, wondering if perhaps I should investigate things with Simon after all, "He's writing a violin concerto for you, I mean, if that's not a romantic gesture!"

I remembered my words from the previous May and my conversations with Lucy. I busied myself saying goodbye to all the young people and thanking them all, telling them truthfully that I would work with them whenever they needed when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Swift move up there, Maestro! An attack of the vapours, really?"

"I simply pretended someone swapped the Bruch for the Mendelssohn, and something came over me..." Half of my lip was raised in a smirk and Simon was laughing.

"Thank you, Katie," Celeste was still crying at seeing her daughter conducting an orchestra.

"It's all good. It's the sort of experience I wish I had had at Orchestra camp."

I left Maddy to share her excitement with her mother, but Simon followed me towards my dressing room.

"Katie, wait up. Um, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"I'm looking at an open house late morning, want to join me?"

"Like, like a date?"

"Well, I don't usually look at houses with dates, but I might be persuaded to have lunch afterwards with a handsome gentleman if there was one around."

"I see... Well, would you settle for me?"

"I think you tick the boxes!"

"You mean? Seriously?"

"I believe there's a violin concerto I should listen to."

"Or play it, I mean, no pressure."

"We'll see." I was indeed smiling at him now and yearned to reach out and kiss him but was aware his sister and niece were looking at us. "I'll text you the address, but it's literally around the corner from where I am now, and we can pretend we're a couple or something."

"So, pretend then, ok." Simon sounded a little dejected.

"Or something I added as I winked at him and smiled."

~*~*~*~*~

"That ghastly wallpaper!"

"Yeah, but the view from that front room... Can you imagine the morning sun streaming through, just sitting and making music? That Silver Birch in the front yard, and the rose garden"

"Well, the bedroom's across the hall with the same view..."

"Simon Fordham, whatever are you thinking?" I pretended to be shocked.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I promised myself I'd be on my best behaviour and I've fucked it already. Fuck, fuck, fuck."

"Shh..." I pressed my lips to him, "I was joking, and I believe I might have thought the same thing."

"Did you just kiss me?"

"If you want to call it that..."

"I've waited 15 years for this moment!"

"And here's me thinking you've developed some depth and warmth..."

"Katie, I'm sorry..." Poor Simon looked like a kangaroo in the headlights.

"I'm teasing. Perhaps I shouldn't. The bathroom was a little pokey and the kitchen needs a renovation."

"Can you imagine with large open doors at the back leading into a deck and a yard..."

"Room for a dog and some swings."

"How long did you say you've been looking?"

"Over 12 months, but the first place I look at with you feels right. Not sure if it's the company or the location."

"When did you start holding my hand?"

"Back there, catch up, Simon! Like I said, my apartment's just around the corner."

"Are you saying?'

"What? That I've made lunch? Yes, I can cook. How hungry are you?"

"That's a loaded question!"

"I know!" and I pulled Simon in for a much longer kiss, our tongues swirling about each other's mouths as we silently shared secrets neither of us wanted to put breath to.

"How did you know I was still interested?"

"You told me!"

"Last May!"

"Last night! I saw you looking at me. I'm not totally naïve. Well, perhaps Maddy gave me a push..."

"She's so smart that young woman."

"And talented."

"Tell me when you want me to show you my talents."

"I've heard you play..." I opened the door to my apartment.

"I want to play you, like..." Simon looked into my eyes, again seeming scared he was saying the wrong thing, "like the most precious musical instrument ever created, like..."

"Shh... Let's make music..."

And we did, our bodies in time with each other, fingers, lips, tongues exploring each other like a fugue, until our motifs merged and became one, like the crescendo to the finale of a concerto, except this piece was for two people showing each other how much the other meant to them, the moans, the tears, the shuddering of two bodies as each climaxed around the other.

We lay together on my sheets holding each other, planting small kisses on each other, but neither of us prepared to speak.

"Worth the wait..." It came out much flatter than I had expected.

"Was that a question or a statement?"

"Both, neither. I'm too blissed out to mind."

"Definitely. But does this mean there might be hope for the world's population?"

"I hope so," I smiled as I leant in to kiss him again, "So really, 15 years ago?"

"I tried to make you notice me by switching concerti. I realise now what a dick move it was."

"You realised you were the first person I noticed when I arrived, this sexy blonde ball of muscle, that's only matured more staggeringly well over the years."

"I didn't get romanticism though."

"I think you're getting better."

"I hope so."

"What did you play to win the piano competition?"

"Paganini Variations and Tchaikovsky's first, as much as I am not a Tchaikovsky fan."

"Ooh, another thing we have in common."

"I'll be dammed for telling you maybe, but you are so bloody sexy, can you feel my baton rising in your presence?"

"It's a pretty nice baton! Nice and girthy and long."

"You conducted it so well just before, shall we see if that was a fluke?"

"Something tells me it wasn't, and I've been a bit of a fool in the way I sprayed you last May."

"Shh... We've probably both done and said some things that we regret, but I'm not regretting lying here with you now, touching your smooth skin and..." Simon's voice trailed off as he again kissed and licked at my rock-hard nipples.

"They've always been sensitive, but you play them so well."

"I don't mean to play; I just want to pleasure you."

"You are, Si, you are."

"Mmm... Oh, Katie, my beautiful, sexy, Katie," his kisses trailed down my stomach until he found what he was looking for, inhaling the scent that rose from between my legs as if it was the finest perfume, "Stunning..."

My moans rose in register and tempo as he lapped at my bud, a finger exploring my folds and teasing as it entered my core ever so slightly before retreating. I held his head as he hummed and fluttered his tongue across my clit, eventually a finger slipping inside, curling and finding the rough underside of my clitoris and drawing the most intense orgasm I could ever remember.

Although blissed out with endorphins floating around my body, I rolled Simon to his back, licking my way down his rock-hard chest and stomach until I reached what I was after. After swirling my tongue over the head of his cock, I licked down, sucking each of his delicate balls into my mouth before again kissing my way back to the crown and inhaling his cock as if it were my last meal.

Simon's groans and grunts egged me on. I was determined not to use my hands, but rather stimulate him solely with my mouth, the same mouth that had spewed obscenities all those months before, thus attempting to show him what it was truly capable of.

It did not take long before Simon tried to warn me he was close. I managed not to choke as ropes of cum hit the back of my mouth, instead swallowing his precious nectar. We could taste each other on the kisses we shared, but it was clear neither of us minded.

"That was perfect, my gorgeous maestro."

"You know I hate being called that, but I like the sound of it off your tongue. Fuck it, I just love your tongue, and your lips, and, yeah, pretty much all of you."

"You'll need to pinch me at some stage because I think I'm living the dream I've had for so long."

"And to think I've missed out on months and months of this!'

"Years even if we are both honest with each other."

"True. Thank-you for switching concerti on me. It made me stand up and be assertive in what I wanted to do."

"It's partly selfish, but I do prefer the Bruch to the Mendelssohn."

"I hear there's a Fordham in the works."

"Yeah, possibly"

"Think Maddy would play the premiere?"

"I'll let you ask her."

"I suspect when she finds out we're finally together she'll agree to anything!"

"So, we are together then?"

"Yes, Si, we are."

~*~*~*~*~

"Welcome back one and all! I hope you've had a wonderful Summer, I know I most certainly have! There'll be a housewarming party at our, um, my new place in a month or so too. Donnie has a few words he wants to share, and I think he's around somewhere? Donnie? Donnie?"

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. You'll never guess though. Binh Nguyen has torn a ligament in his shoulder. He's meant to be here the week after next for Tchaikovsky's first. I don't want to suggest it, Katherine -- "

"I'll ask Simon. He hates Tchaikovsky as much as me, but I know it's popular."

"Simon Fordham? You'll work with him?"

"As long as he behaves himself..."

"And if he doesn't? Will we have things thrown? Effing this's and effing that's?"

"We call them Katie-sprays, Donnie!" Nigel yelled from the percussion section much to everyone's laughter.