All Comments on 'Orchid Ch. 03'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 6 years ago
Good things come to those who wait!

So many complicated emotions layered with oh-so-much intention into this story. These characters are just a human Jenga tower of baggage and needs, and you found a way to mesh them all so they'd be helping each other, and without forcing us to suspend disbelief. A superb achievement.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 6 years ago
Great story

Great ending. Loved the descriptions, emotions and reactions of Kit to start with. The dialogue was excellent and the characters played off each other really well as their motivations gave way to their dynamics. Finally, I loved that this ended while we still wanted more.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanover 6 years ago
Love a sweet and loving story

Well, Doc, I can't tell you how much I liked this story. When it got down to the BDSM, I thought, oh no, here we go again. But you only took it a point that even though there was spanking, it was not abusive and kind of loving. That's really rare in this category. Your writing skills are excellent and so very descriptive and the dialog appeared so real and emotional. It's a good writer that can make the reader feel they are the 'fly' on the wall listening and viewing what is happening in the story and you did that for me. Bravo. I will go back and view your other works.

Biggs2102Biggs2102over 6 years ago
Wonderful, again

I get a great thrill whenever your stories pop up and once again you are awesome, there is something about your writing that makes me feel the emotional breaking of your characters. Can't wait for the next one. Think ill go re-read clockwork now.

Biggs

AimeeDazeAimeeDazeover 6 years ago
Wonderful!

I really enjoyed this series (5 stars to each). What I loved most was Kit and how she was presented and fully fleshed out, with all her personality and quirks. I also loved the writing, the intimate scenes were wonderfully writing and charged and something I will aspire to. It's a shame not to see anymore of them all, but the journey was enjoyable. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What?

Who slipped this literature in with my porn?? Seriously, this is so well crafted. I know a story is good when I keep reading after I climax, or even more so when I come back to it just to find out what happens. This is excellent, your characters believable and engaging, and the story impactful. Plus.....

It's really hot.

PhineasPhineasover 6 years ago
Well done!

An excellent story very well told. And I get what you mean when you mention being a complex human being. As writers, we often have to challenge ourselves to go to places within our psyche we are not comfortable with or did not know existed. And what we find, almost as often, is more surprising than the journey was to get there!

There was one typo in this that I noticed... but I'm not holding it against you. ;-)

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Great story.

Very interesting characters . Very believable. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

this was not what I was expecting you to go with this story, but it's a great piece of very interesting and enjoyable writing. well done.

GrantLeeStoneGrantLeeStoneover 6 years ago
Good story, but some missing elements

This story was like a logic puzzle. Can you present a D/s relationship, where three are all Dominant and submissive to each other in a circle? You did that. The story was hot, sexy, interesting, and emotionally engaging. Kudos.

Here’s what you left out. There was no polyamory! Kit and Calvin love each other. Kit and Susan love each other. Susan and Calvin disfunctionally love each other. But you never showed Kit, Calvin AND Susan living together and loving each other like a Family. Three couples made up from the same three people isn’t exactly polyamory. The ending seems to imply that Dudan and Calvin trade off days with Kit. That’s not the way Family works.

You introduced Bridget, but you never resolved her relationship with Kit. Does Kit become a nanny to her, or Family? Will Bridget be Kit’s daughter too? And how will Kit’s mother react to finally being a grandmother? A LOT of bigoted attitudes can change very quickly, when a grandparent is faced with a grandchild! I’ve seen it happen.

Eve was introduced at the end as Kit’s roommate. Did I skim over some part in an earlier chapter where she was introduced? Because it seemed like Kit lived alone most of the time and talked to her therapist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You should be proud!!!

I've been a literotic reader for many years and have many favorite authors.

I adore your writing from the simplicity of the character build to twists but your discipline is the thing I like most.

Thank you for being here and putting yourself out there for us to enjoy.

Peter Rowlands. London

Real48man69Real48man69about 6 years ago
Acutely balanced and rich characters

One difficulty in writing comes from balancing the story. Giving the different elements even time, detail, and distribution, avoiding over describing certain sections, while skimming quickly past others can be daunting. This story balances its lines exquisitely, adding to its flow and continuity. Revealing character attributes sprinkled throughout as they become pertinent to the characters in relation to the evolving relationships showed deft story and character craftsmanship.

My favorite attribute of the piece manifested in the level of introspection each of the three communicated. Stereo-typically, the male role would be logic based and demonstrating few emotions as motivation, mostly consistent with tradition for the Professor, though he also demonstrated nurturing qualities more often associated with more female, matriarchal characters. I suspect that he already displayed these traits before assuming the submissive role in his relationship with Susan, consistent with his being a fair and enthusiastic teacher of Literature. Susan as the alpha in the bedroom and her career, demonstrating traits more traditionally male, yet still demonstrating reactive emotional traits as well and demonstrating a penchant for strategic, goal focused traits which I sense align more with Venus type behavior. Historically, I am not sure women are seen to demonstrate these characteristics, but I see the popularity of soap opera type drama replete with this behavior, demonstrating my take Susan's manipulations in the story as being more feminine in nature.

Our hero, Kit, demonstrates a deep and complex blend of both. Viewing herself as a woman, but being born physically male and raised as a male through her formative years and then recreating herself in the female image gives her ample tools to handle all of these complex scenarios, and the ability to identify quickly and honestly. She is also able to understand the others' motivations and bravely and effectively communicate that understanding, so that the potential pitfalls that could have become impassible crevices could be dealt with openly, before communication and resentment problems took root. I think this subtly demonstrates Kit as slightly more evolved in her ability to deal with the more complex social and interpersonal relationships. No doubt overcoming her innumerable obstacles associated with transitioning and the therapy she needed to undergo in order to receive medical support for becoming female continues to keep her toolbox full and developed to address the challenges in their quasi-poly, multi-dimensional interrelations.

I read many of these stories, particularly in this category. This category provides a unique venue for promoting more modern thinking as it relates to gender roles and nearly all if these stories do that, but this story subtly promotes more than acceptance and tolerance, allowing the reader to be impressed and inspired by Kit for drawing on the strengths of both sexes, elevating her to a more heroic, role-model caliber, person. Good and strong role models are certainly needed today, as always.

I apologize if I got long winded in my critique, but I felt these subtly unique characters deserved a mention and their slight differences from the ordinary felt important. Nice work and I look forward to reading on, Doc.

Best,

Trent

MattisissyMattisissyover 5 years ago
Wonderful! Imperfect characters doing imperfect things

A truly wonderful story. Interesting real people doing things that are both amazing and dumb. Well written and developed...and so, so, so erotic! One of my all time favorites ever on Literotica!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

MrRobertsMrRobertsalmost 4 years ago
Bravo

This whole story was an excellent example of both storytelling and eroticism.

The build up between scenes and the layered character work was amazing.

You have both my respect and loyalty for your upcoming works as I now delve into the back catalog of your work.

Thank you for all you do.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 4 years agoAuthor

I know how the end of this one reads, but there is actually one more chapter to Orchid after this. Judging by the way the views drop off after chapter 3, I think a lot of people don't realize it's there, but I'm very proud of it and I hope that going forward more people will see it.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years ago

Absolutely fucking magnificent. So many things that were exact right. What caught me completely by surprise were Susan’s views on parenthood, maybe because I was really not prepared to take a hit in that particular sore spot in an erotic story. But yay for Eve reappearing. Now I’m just kind of worried how this will end, because now they’re in a good place, and I would really hope for them all to end up in a good place.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
1326 Followers
Writing smut no one asked for since 2013. Hello! I'm a spare-time writer, and I've been proud to use Literotica to get my own brand of smut out there. I've worked with some really incredible creators over the years (Omenainen, SkullTT, Maria_McGeorge, Katie_Tay, AngelofTempta...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Orchid Ch. 02 Previous Part
Orchid Series Info