All Comments on 'Order of Protection Ch. 44-48'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 5 years ago

The pieces are starting to fall in place for Jessie to return to the world. She is getting trained as an wolf now. With her witch powers she will be a tricky foe for anyone. The question is this does Yuri find out which pack screwed him out 300 million and take it back before Jessie is fully trained or does Yuri get bled dried by the Italian Mob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
sigh

You are still using bits and pieces of PBLs South Mountain Pack in your story. Give her credit or stop doing it.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Anon, Werewolf Romance Is A Genre

All the stories share similarities. They're supposed to, that's because they're all part of the same genre. So it's completely normal for one werewolf story to remind you of some other werewolf story you read once upon a time. That doesn't make it plagiarism, it just means the author is following the genre's established tropes.

partwolfpartwolfover 5 years agoAuthor
If you are so sure

Post what it is here. This story is so different the only thing the same is werewolves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dear Anon "Sigh"

You have got to be kidding me! Are you reading correctly? I have read SMP also. I completely think your out of line! Maybe you should be giving someone some credit!

PartWolf is one of the most original writers I have had the pleasure of reading and you "Sigh" need to get a clue!!!

Thank you, HAVE A COKE AND SMILE. Dawn

Dawndybear71Dawndybear71over 5 years ago
Sigh

Wow, PartWolf you are a wonderfully original author and I think it's sad that "sigh"

anyone would think they can compare someone else's works to yours. Thank you for sharing your brilliant stories with us and "sigh" bless your little heart. Thank you. Dawn

FaireSansaFaireSansaover 5 years ago
“sigh,” indeed!

Anonymous, perhaps you should reread that story. I’ve read it, as I’m sure many others who are fans of the werewolf genre have, and about the only similarity I can think of between the two of them is that they’re both about werewolves. That’s it.

Perhaps you’ll accuse PartWolf of copying JazCullen’s stories next? Or my story, which I admit I haven’t finished but life has gotten in the way, as have two computer crashes resulting in at first a total loss of data then a partial one. But I digress...either put forth some real evdence that shows the actual portions that you believe have been copied or back off. Oh, and if you’re going to make accusations such as this, perhaps you should lose the “anonymous” monicker. It isn’t right to hide your identity from the person you’re accusing of wrongdoing.

PartWolf, your story is, as always, a pleasure to read. Thank you for posting.

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26over 5 years ago
Please continue to write

I will be devastated when this story ends as I am will all great stories I read.

When can feel like you are a part of the story with them and you are brought on their journey and the words come to life in living color that is an amazing talent.

I am enjoying the lives of these characters through your eyes. I have laughed and I have cried, stomped my foot and gotten mad where i've told the screen, "get em!!!" and growled! I love it when an author pulls me so deep into a story that I just cannot stop reading.

When your eyes are slamming closed, head is nodding and it's 5 am and you've not slept yeah, darn right this is an awesome story!

ShortyByNatureShortyByNatureover 5 years ago
Anonamous comparing this to SMP

This story and SMP are completely different. SMP mostly deals with underage weres and theirs struggle to protect their female family members and pack. This story is more about one woman's journey to discover who she is and her wolf. The two author's writing styles re completely different. The only thing the same is they are both about werewolves.

MyrtleBeachFanaticMyrtleBeachFanaticover 5 years ago
I see similarities too

I see similarities too. Not the overall story itself but in little things that are being used. This chapter alone the pack changed the landscape to funnel the other pack where they wanted them to go and used cameras in logs and birds nest, just like smp. Also Dante or Carlo said 'May Luna have mercy on them… because we won’t.' Which is what was said here. And before it is said again that it is the werewolf genre, its not. It's many little specific things that are being used.

I would also like to add that I have been friends with pbl for years and due to this I know that she has discussed this with partwolf. He has admitted that he has used certain things and has even had to edit his stories to remove things she brought to his attention and objected to. I would also add that partwolf is part of her inner circle and she has disclosed up coming plot lines and things to him that normal readers aren't a part of as yet. And yes, he has used some of her upcoming ideas and that made her extremely upset. I am aware of this because I brought up several other points to her from his previous stories.

partwolfpartwolfover 5 years agoAuthor
To MyrtleBeachFanatic

First off, thank you for commenting and including specific items you found similar between the two stories. The same issues came up in a discussion I had with PBL today, and I will be looking into them and correcting them as needed.

You are also correct in that I have been friends with PBL for over three years and issues with similar items have shown up in the past and been sources of discussion between us. I have modified things where they were identified, sometimes discussing with her first if I knew it was getting close to something she'd done. I committed to review the work for such issues before publishing. I have been doing that, but it isn't always effective at catching something. Yours was the first comment in the 135k words of this story with specific things I could look at.

If a similarity is found, it was not intentional. The line being the same should not have happened; when I wrote it the phrase came into my mind and I did not recognize its origin until it was pointed out today. I will correct that tonight, although it may take a few days before it updates here.

The defensive strategies are more complicated, because defense tactics for a static position are pretty similar. We discussed them years ago, with me being told I couldn't just use claymores everywhere (dang it) and she wrote her scenes.

I work at a secure industrial sight that uses people, defensive positions and electronics in a similar fashion to what I wrote. I've been in the control rooms and seen what is available and how an active defense against armed adversaries is done. The cameras you mentioned are commercially available; they are also used in the Wolf Tech series on Wattpad to a greater extent than PBL uses surveillance in her story. It's kind of like if two writers describe baking a cake in their story; the basics are the same, so the stories will have similarities even if developed independently. Still, I will review and see if I can differentiate things more from PBL's works.

Her writing is excellent, and I highly recommend South Mountain Pack. I wish her the best, and will continue to respond to any comments that are brought to my attention. Thank you.

partwolfpartwolfover 5 years agoAuthor
Edit has been submitted

I changed that line, and looking at the description of the defense plan adjusted the camera descriptions. The use of natural chokepoints remains, but that is a standard strategy, not the active creation of chokepoints that PBL described.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

great one love the humor.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

How far dare they let it run? Yuri will get desperate and lash out!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES