All Comments on 'Orphaned'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome the way you handled the story

Very well done.

JPGmvnyJPGmvnyover 4 years ago

This was very nicely done. "Warm, wet, and welcoming." Excellent .

WingedLemmingWingedLemmingalmost 4 years ago
Not BDSM

This is a great story, and I really appreciate the way Lori's story was told - as a virgin, as a soft butch, as some might call it, and how her personality was handled. Most people on this site define women in only certain stereotypes, and the bodies always match up with those stereotypical expectations. Gets pretty old. I found no sense of that, here. I never felt like the author was trying to push a story of "Look! Two WOMEN! Having SEX!! But only like it is in bad porn!!", because the quiet, thoughtful telling of Lori's story, is what I was reading.

I also very much appreciate the warnings left in the author's opening comments. Too many writers seem to think it's not worth their time to leave trigger warnings. This shows consideration, and respect for whether the reader might be a survivor of assault or abuse.

My only issue with this story, is that when sexual assault did occur, nobody called it that. A betrayal of trust, something awful, cossed boundaries, crossed lines - softer words. This was rape. And just because the rapist called it BDSM, and used BDSM tools to do her raping with, *does not make it BDSM*. For the same reason that using a hammer to beat someone with, doesn't make it carpentry.

I don't know why the author did it that way. But for gods' sake, go back and call it what it what it is. This wasn't a BDSM scene gone wrong. It was premeditated rape. Sexual abuse is too serious a subject, to be softening it for an easier storytelling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous