All Comments on 'Other Lives, Other Lies'

by gstein

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhart3 months ago

Nice, well-written, cynical stuff. Cuts like a scalpel šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„

(My auto-correct wanted ā€˜cute like a scalpelā€™ šŸ˜‚)

ju8streadingju8streading3 months ago

so he is another dirk?

Jaydean409Jaydean4093 months ago

Nice twist, enjoyed it all!!!

JusteenKJusteenK3 months ago

The beginning of the story was more a set of bullet points than a true narrative, however the twist at the end was worth the read.

ReddladyReddlady3 months ago

Great story!!!! I can see a series.......

BrentJWBrentJW3 months ago

Well told tale sir.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Great twist and very good depiction of the complicated relationships common on country regions all over the world.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So did he kill him because of his ex-wife or because he wanted Angela for himself? I started to think that he would travel to GA to take care of his ex-wife's newer husband.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved it. Has that small town innocent flavor of Peyton Place. 5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 * for decent writing and originality (not easy to find)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written and the twist at the end was unexpected. With the hatred he felt at his own betrayal, I can't see him being the exact same as those who damaged him. Or was he just so fucking crazy that he killed Dirk simply to stop him from potentially fucking his cunt of a girlfriend?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Small county politics and family dynamics. You nailed it! More crap going down in Smallville than most people realize. And almost every family has a closet where they keep the family's skeletons. NEVER underestimate the county sheriff or turn your back on him. Same goes for the county judge. 5ā˜…

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautifully ironic and perverted (not necessarily sexually perverted)... Great read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So Harold is just another dick. Sounds like the whole south is full of cheaters. The worst part of the whole story was the religion bullshit. What a waste. 1*

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

Very well written story! In fact, I loved it... Right up until the very end. The hypocrisy... It burns!! 4/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ugh.

MrSirManMrSirMan3 months ago

OMG, they are all evil. Obviously, their religion is only for appearances. As are most peopleā€™s religions.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The Nowā€™s and the Soā€™s got old. I think you were trying for a particular southern, country storytelling tone with them but you went to the well way too many times. They just got repetitive and annoying.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat3 months ago

Personally, I liked the Harold character. Originally he was the victim of infidelity and war and it CHANGED him. Angela was just a slut. Also, I grew up in a southern Baptist church and the same hypocrisy and bullshit are prevalent.

Plus, as a bonus ā€¦ Dirk simply ā€œneeded killinā€ and he was. 5*

justbobkcjustbobkc3 months ago

Nice story. So Harold was actually jealous of Dirk going to screw his mistress Angela.

That makes sense! 5 stars.

And for all the anti-religious bigots. Christianity has never made a single person perfect and without sin. Same thing as Marxism and socialism. Or wokism.

danbo56danbo563 months ago

great story but is this finished or just part one i feel there is more in this 5 stars for me

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

I've been duped.

There's judgement day for that snake Harold and whore "christian' ex missionary Angela to the lake of fire.

/

I hate cuck stories.

mattenwmattenw3 months ago

I can't understand how you can find a murderer good? No matter what reasons he presents, he is a stone-cold murderer and bigoted liar. What he gives as a reason for his murder, he then does himself. How people can accept murder is incomprehensible to me and regardless of whether someone belongs to a religious denomination or not, murder is unacceptable!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Boy that was different, my heads spinning a little Iā€™m not sure whether I liked it or not, going to have to think awhile on it. Thanks for the effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice story but you dont seem to realise your on the world wide web. Might want to tone down on the reliance of very local references.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

re: justbobkc What the fuck are you whining about idiot? Today's Christians are bigots, hypocrites and carry the Bible upside down, especially those in the South.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

I expected Harold to say they couldnā€™t get serious because sheā€™s no more trustworthy than Dirkā€™s mother.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

With the Christian population equaling just a little less than the COMBINED populations of BOTH China AND India- almost 1/3 of the ENTIRE world- the Anon from 5 days ago, CLEARLY isn't stereotyping, right?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

You tell great stories in a masterful style. Loved it a solid 5 star read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nothing like a love quadrangle story!

šŸ˜‡

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your "Tell don't show' writing on page one has just about dissuaded me from continuing to read. Three stars for this Incompletely read tale. If I finish it, I will give a more accurate rating.

Remember the golden rule of fiction: "Show, don't tell"!

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didnā€™t see that coming. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He kills to stop predator from destroying marriages but doesto another man what was done tohim

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

That was quite a story. I didnā€™t much care for it, but you can tell a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Gotta say I didn't see that Harold was doing Angela it puts a different slant on him killing Dirk. Seems like half the local population have no idea what the word fidelity means nor how to keep their clothes on. Entertaining story and very well told about a group of people most of them with very few redeeming qualities which makes it a bit difficult to identify with the characters. BardnotBard

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 month ago

Thatā€™s a great story, so well put down, it could make a mean TV drama, maybe not a 3 hour film, but itā€™s really good.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Ah - he didn't want Dirk messing with his pussy!!!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜

shadrachtshadracht16 days ago

Well told story that I truly didn't like. I guess that Geoff and Cathy suffered the loss of their bastard (in both literal and figurative terms) child. I guess that Harold got some small revenge on Geoff, and put an end to a problematic person in Dirk.

.

But the story as a whole didn't feel like it really led anywhere, other than to show that with the possible exception of Wayne, everyone in the entire story had secrets and lies. 3* on the writing, but loses the other two on the story told.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

You used "Now" to start way too many sentences.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergstein@gstein
The truth is, I wanted to be an English major and teach... Chaucer, Byron, Shakespeare, Pope, Hemingway, Caldwell, Faulkner, Steinbeck, Hugo, Pound, Fitzgerald, Williams etc etc etc etc... In Senior English she told me that I had talent. I've read everything worth reading. ...