All Comments on 'Our Porge'

by GrushaVashnadze

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
countdowntolov3countdowntolov33 months ago

Conflicting. Georgina's the time skip for eager to regretful is a real gut punch. But I'm sure that's what you were going for. So full stars.

If you'd take a small piece of criticism: I didn't like the last line. Zooming out to the city felt a strange choice when the arc of the narrative was bringing two character groups together. I also felt the bleakness of Georgina's situation was captured plenty, the unfeeling city felt heavy handed on top of it.

GrushaVashnadzeGrushaVashnadze3 months agoAuthor

@countdowntolov3, thanks so much for the compliment. And for the criticism. Perhaps the last line was a touch self-indulgent, as I know that particular town well (and the university it hosts), and its dysfunction was part of the inspiration for me to write the story. Some people will recognise the place and understand; others may not. But you make a good point. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrushaVashnadze@GrushaVashnadze
I started writing smuterature because I had three big stories I wanted to tell: The Cursed Cunt (a story about vocation, betrayal, guilt and redemption) A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (a story about addiction, relationship abuse, and revenge) and my no...