Our Rules: Honor Bright

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Will she be long Penelope? Like has she just started her shift? Appointment?"

"Umm I can't really say Mr Reed..." Penelope was looking at her computor screen now, "Oh Jerry is your first name, can I call you Jerry?"

"Of course Penelope. So just an estimate. You know best guess." I was texting while I talked, looking up I could see Penelope's smile had turned to a look of concern.

"Maybe, maybe two hours but she won't be able to do another appointment tonight. What. Who are you.. texting?"

'do it now txt carol now tell her you are half an hour from hme. follow up with a call to her. Ill stay right here. J.'

"Carmel's husband Penelope." I hit send.

There is no worse look than the look of defeat, despair or sadness on the face of a gorgeous woman. I am sure if the floor had opened up she'd freely fall head first into it. She sullenly moved sideways and fell heavily into a chair. Her hands moved to cover her face as her head shook. I'd guess from a silent bout of crying, she murmured something as she wept, "Sorry Penelope, what was that?"

Her hands moved aside as she sniffed and wiped with the back of her hand, "I said this wasn't meant to happen. We were only gonna do it for two more weeks then we'd go back to the Casino. Now Carol's in the shit..."

The office phone rang. Wiping her eye's, finding her voice Penelope answered, "Yes. I know. Umm His friend Jerry is here. Yes. (I heard screaming, wails and loud crying). I know Carol, yes. I know that too Carol. Please. Tell me..!? (Pause. More loud speech then muffled then silence.) Well thank god for small merc.... but you told Lou 'No.' Oh well you need to find a way to prove that honey. Okay cars on it's way. Yes I'll tell him."

Penelope spoke over an intercom, "Wayne go pick up Carmel please." Then to me, "Jerry, Carol said to tell you she would talk to you about all that's being going on if you'd care to wait."

Two men came through the back office doorway, a youngish guy I moved away as he strode past me and out the front door (Wayne I'm guessing).

Then an older man, fifty-ish, carrying a few pounds too many, short and balding his hands held out questioningly, "What the fucks goin' on P. What's Carol up to?"

He didn't let her answer, "Goddammit P! AND I bet she didn't get it on with the guy either I knew the she wouldn't put out...." (It may have been me moving in his peripheral that grabbed Lou's attention. Who. Knows.). "Who the fuck are you!?"

Without me answering fatty's question Penelope jumped in, "Lou! Let me introduce you too Mr Jerry Reed. Jerry, My and Carol's boss Lou Trovin." Lou's head tilted his expression showed he had an inkling things maybe going south a wee bit - He'd just realised he had to look up ten or so inches to meet my stare.

I half-smiled at Penelope, she got the whole importance of a pregnant pause. It must have buoyed her confidence, "Lou, Jerry is, I'm pretty sure, is a good friend of Carol and Tony. Jerry is looking after Carol's interest's until Tony arrives. Who is on his way here." (A bit dramatic I thought, 'here' was LV. But it passed the right message).

"Shit!"

"Oh and Lou when Carol arrives I'm guessing she's gonna wanna quit. So why don't you move your fat ass and go get some cash. Enough to pay off both Carol and me. Cos' Louis I quit too."

Lou looked not as confident as he'd been a minute ago. Not prepared to look at either of us he turned back to his office. As he closed the door Penelope shook her head, "If he wasn't being such a dick about wanting us to put out to our customers and pressuring us into it this business could of been a tidy little earner and we could of built on it at the end of Covid."

"I get that you and Carol are against it Penelope so are some of the other girls dishing out sex?"

"Yes two are Jerry, three of us refused, one of the two are married and I'm newly single but I'm not about to whore myself out any time soon."

"Does the husband know?"

"You'd think no but you'd be wrong. It turns him on so she sez. Unbelievable shit! Right?" I nodded.

"Jerry, is Tony gonna be all right with Carol? Or is it not gonna go well at all? Would he divorce Carol over this? Is she gonna be safe going home tonight?"

"How it goes? I don't know Penelope, it probably won't go well but Carol may be alright long term I'm guessing and no, Tony isn't the violent type."

"Shit. We've screwed the pooch haven't we Jerry? I told her to tell Tony. She was gonna tell him in Reno bu..." (I interrupted Penelope).

"AND it would've gone bad there. Tony would've kicked her ass all the way back to Vegas or worse Salinas and I would've lost my business partner. Nup that's why she never told Tony. It would've nuked their marriage maybe not divorce. But bad."

Lou entered holding two envelope's handed one to Penelope and put the other on the counter, "I'm sorry it's come to this. I should've listened to you both P." He turned and disappeared.

Penelope opened the envelope's full of cash and counted. The smile indicated she was satisfied.

"So how'd this all start Penelope? How longs it been going on?"

"Oh I'm sorry Jerry, its Patricia. Well everybody calls me Tricia. Or Trish. I don't need Penelope anymore."

"I'm actually pretty relieved about that. You suit Trish."

"This is week six for us. So we never started this. It was actually some of the brothel owners and escort agency's out of Carson City, that started it all. It was to keep the girls employed. Online, social distancing, non sexual. So that's how we started and the money is good not as good as the Casino but okay and hours are good, twelve to fourteen hours at most, days off, chat and dine online or at a restaurant. Who doesn't wanna do that as a job? Each of us does one dining a day and it keeps the demand up. We all have customers wanting repeats, they all know dining and conversation is all they'll get. Then Lou hears about the behind close doors thing that other's have introduced and hey presto! Of course what goes on is between the girl and the client. You'd have to ask Lou the rest of the story because neither Carol or I will do the deed."

"So you've only worked the restaurant open air setup?"

"Well. No. But we haven't been involved in the sex behind closed doors thing though."

"You said it before Trish. How does Carol prove that. OR what happened online?"

Tricia's look became sullen, she knew there wasn't a lot to be said so she quietly turned walked behind the counter and sat down. She stared at nothing in particular. "Trish how long before Carol's back?"

"Five, ten minutes Jerry."

(I needed Tricia to see my next move). "Ok I'm going, she will obviously be alright here, if there's a problem tell her to call me and I'll come back, but she needs to get her head on straight and shit sorted for when Tony gets here." (as I finished I made a visible movement to turn the mic off on my phone).

I left a bewildered looking Tricia. I wasn't going I'd observe from the car park, Carol wouldn't recognise the Infinity I was driving and the car window glass is tinted.

The car arrived. A flustered crying Carol hopped out and ran to the door as it opened. Both Carol and Tricia hugged and supported each other now both in tears. Arm in arm they went inside. While I hoped my friend could sort out her problems enough to convince Tony it was going to be an uphill climb. I called Tony telling him what I'd found and what was going on right now. I'd sent the recording of what Trish and I'd discussed and my immediate plan was to wait til Carol left. Tony wanted to meet up before going home, so we would meet at the shop. A full hour and a half later Carol and Trish both left together. I followed the El Camino to Tony and Carol's apartment and watched both women tiredly trudge to the door and enter. I sent Tony a final txt, shes hme.

--- ---

Carol Walker.

It hurt. It still does. Even though we've got our callback to work. I'd never had that feeling before. The feeling of loss. No! Worse than loss - failure. I cried for hours. I screamed. I raged.

Tony had been gone to work in Cally just short of a week when we'd all been told that was it - indefinite lay-off. Fifteen of us in total, last on - first off. Mostly one shift. My shift which included us 'newbies' and also permanently attached experienced people like Trish. They guided us during initiation period and ultimately became expendable collateral damage. A couple of the 'perms' looked at us accusingly like we were the reason for their job losses, but not Trish. Her head never went down and she always maintained a look of grim resolve and buoyed us when we were down.

Management stated; Oh, but we'd all qualify for federal and state assistance, so suck it up and count yourselves lucky - many small business people and allied workers weren't.

Didn't help. Realisation of your failure permeates and pervades through your psyche, inhibits clear optimistic thought and feelings. It is soul destroying.

Trish and I became good friends, she hadn't had the best of luck either in her personal or now working life recently but she maintained a firm stoic attitude, kept a smile on her face when the rest of us looked beat. She so reminded me of Dana.

We'd been home a few days when I found a bottle of Tequila and rang Trish, she found her ex's bottle of Bourbon and by the time we'd roped Karen, Felicity and Emma in well it was the makings of a real blow out.

Felicity Claymore and her husband Vernon wanted to have it at theirs so that's where Trish and I ubered. We were off our faces in no time but before that we all met the Claymores friend Louis Trovin. Louis explained his scheme asked us to give it some thought and let him know if we were interested. The rest of the time was a hoot, Vernon kept all us women fed and despite the next forty-eight hours being a bit rugged during the recovery period. Totally worth it.

A week later a call from Felicity, another from Trish and we pro'ed and conned over it all and made the decision -'damnit I'm going for it'.

My reasons at the time which I'd convinced myself were succinct, clear and logical were 'it'll be like a stepping stone to get me and Tony back on the right path' and 'it's basically a call centre job with a provided meal'. Easy.

My worse nightmare is convincing the most important person in my life that I had our best hopes and dreams at the cornerstone of my original decision. I had hoped I'd never disrespect us by doing something despicable or disgusting but what I've done is too much anyway.

I'd not told Tony the truth about what the job entailed was my first mistake - let me be clear about this, the reason I'd not told him was because there wouldn't have been any discussion about it. He would have left no doubt about that - he would've given me one option pick the job or my marriage. That the job meant chatting with, meeting and dating men - another negative and my second mistake. My third mistake is the four minute film bite I'd sent to one of my 'loyal' customers prior to us dining behind closed doors tonight.

I've looked at the mistakes I've made and it spells the end of our marriage. I didn't commit adultery but what I've done, in the cold light of reality, the act I was about to commit are unforgivable - I know that now.

I've made a decision. The only one. What Tony decides on as far as where our lives end up I'm leaving it to him to decide. I've left a letter for him explaining my mistakes and why I did what I did and all the tapes from all the chat rooms and meetings I've worked and the one selfie film from this evening.

I'm going to Sacramento to stay with my cousin Marlene. I need to get my head together to see where I'm going with my life. Marlene is newly divorced, I explained my predicament and she agreed that there was a lot to sort out. She disagreed about me walking away and said that if I was staying with her then she would help any way she could but ultimately it would have to be with the goal of me facing up to the problems I'd created.

I spent the last six hours since getting my ducks in a row. Trish came home with me after we'd forced Lou to give me copies of the nights I'd worked. I packed enough clothes to last a couple of weeks. I had asked Trish if I could borrow a bed, get some sleep at her condo before driving to Sacramento. So we left together.

--- ---

I awoke twelve hours later, Trish heard me as I scurried around her kitchen making a coffee, "How are you feeling? Sleep?"

"On and off Trish, feel like shit. Bit better than I did last night."

"Any word from anyone.?"

"Let me get my phone." There were voice messages and texts. I took a deep breath. Tony's text first, Your cousin felt the need to ring me, she told me you're running away to Sacramento. While she is willing to put you up she wasn't willing to let you use her as a scapegoat. I don't know whether you were going to ever tell me where you were but I gather that you weren't that concerned about me knowing. From your letter it would appear you are happy about where we go from here and to let me make the final decision on ending our marriage. There seems no sign of love or caring at all in your letter just a stark dictate on what you've done wrong and a final assessment proving why we shouldn't continue. If this is truly how you feel? That you know longer love me enough to face any questions I may have or even fight for our marriage? Right Now. You can have your divorce. Tony.

Tony misinterpreted my letter. It gave the reasons why he would come to the same conclusion I had and that my behavior over the last six weeks had disrespected our marriage, and him to the extent that I know he'd see that our marriage should end. I felt tension in my chest and my hands shook, I had to use the table to lean on as I struggled to the chair.

Looking at the blinking light I selected his voice mail, "You need to contact and talk to our children, neither know where you are or why you aren't skype'ing or pm'ing them and I don't have the right answers. Quite honestly I expected more from you but it appears your silence signifies that there is nothing else to say. So in that vain let me give you my decisive ultimatum. If you don't come to meet me in person by ten p.m. tonight then consider that your wish to divorce has been granted. That's it I'm done. No big speech. Make your mind up. AND call your kids. At least THEY deserve better."

I knew who belonged to the other voicemails and texts, the tears swept through blurring vision. Trish stood in front she knelt and her arms encircled as I wept. My body felt so heavy and that's all I remember.

--- ---

Jerry Reed.

Carol came wide awake, bounded upright so quickly it caught Trish and I completely by surprise, "What's the time, Tony said I have to go see him by ten pm or we're done, what's the time?"

Trish moved quickly and sat next to Carol, pulled her in to calm her, "Ssshhhh, Honey everything's done. Between Jerry, Kait and I we've got things sorted. Honey you're burnt out and it's all caught up with you. In amongst everything else going on. It's not surprising, Vegas can do that to you and you don't even know it's happening. You just gotta take a couple steps back and pause. Chill."

Kait came through to the lounge, "That's all done Dad, they're fine. Relieved Aunty Carol's okay." Kait stood rigid staring at Carol until her million dollar smile broke out on her face, "AUNTY CAROL! I'm so glad to see you!" A new set of arms grabbed Carol. I decided to get the coffee's in. All four of us sat at the kitchen table. Carol looked terrible really, eyes had that million mile stare going on, face drawn and tired. Three sets of eyes centred on her.

I opened conversation hoping it would alleviate some anxiety for Carol, "Trish called me late last night, so Kait and I came round. We read the text's and listened to Tony's message's so I went to yours and let Tony know what was going on. He made the decision to come round to see you for his own peace of mind. He was worried Carol."

"Trish rang her doctor, she said given the circumstances to keep a close watch on you. She would like to see you today. Video call, Trish will ring. Kait rang the kids last night, told them that you're doing lots of 14 hour work-shifts and were wiped out. You're getting together tonight to Skype. Kait told them she'd ring back today with an update - you heard that, right?" (Carol nodded).

"Trish also had a talk to Tony last night while they watched you. When you're up to it you both need to talk together. Alone."

(I could see Carol's brain working, thought I knew what her question may be, I took the gamble). "No Carol I don't know what Tony's thinking. That's for you two to discuss."

Kaitlyn sat in front of Carol, picked her Aunt's hand's up and held them, "Aunty Carol, I know I may have overstepped my boundary involving myself in yours and Uncle Tony's private life but I know all about the 'Honor bright' pledge Mom and Dad made to you. Mom asked if it were possible could I help Dad achieve their promise to you both should the need arise," (Kait paused), "The same way you guys kept your promises to our family when and after Mom passed. This is why we're here now, fulfilling my Mom's promise to you and repaying you for what you've done for us."

Carol demeanor changed she looked a lot like the Carol of old. Kait's words may have helped, the link to Dana? Carol was fighting with something on her mind, "Guy's where's Tony now?"

Trish and Kait slowly smiled and looked at each other conspiratorially and then at me, "Dad!"

"OH! Okay so up until about eight hours ago your husband hadn't slept for forty-eight hours, maybe a bit more. Seeing we left you to sleep out here he's in your bed."

Carol stared for the longest time at the door leading to her sleeping husband. Trish quietly spoke, "If you go with expectations to fix things right now then don't go to him. While he watched over you it showed he's worried, he still cares for you, deeply. He maintained a closeness without touching. If you can do that, right now he could live with that."

--- ---

Tony Walker.

I woke from a solid twelve hours sleep. Carol snuggled up in the foetal position as far away from me as she could get was my first visual. I slipped out so she wouldn't wake. In the lounge Trish and Kait sat talking. They said Carol had talked to a physician, rest was ordered and She had Skyped the kids. I'd disappear home get tidied up and start looking through the stuff Carol left me to look through. By the Girl's expressions I took it to mean that I'd be doing the right thing. Trish asked, "Tony, where does Carol fit, She can stay here indefinitely if you want."

"No Trish, when she's ready tell her to come home, we need to get stuff sorted out but she can stay with you if she's not comfortable staying with me."

Home I went. Showered, fed I went through the memory stick. There were the online chat and the dining dates with elapsed time recorder and a date stamp. The cynic in me thought that would be proof to Lou he was getting his pound of flesh more than for security of the women. Also on the stick were Trish recordings.

The dining experience must have been run in conjunction with a local restaurant as the surrounding views were always the same with other diners in the background. By online chat day number 30 and dining date number 20 I'd lost my sanity. If I had to sum up in one word what my overall impression was it would be - under-fucking-whelming. I got tired of hearing Carol state repeatedly to her clients, "I'm totally in love with my husband", "I'm sorry I'm in a loving relationship with my marriage partner" or "I'm sorry but I couldn't do that I take my marriage vows seriously".