Out of Circulation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rose was in the throes of ecstasy, and as Faye watched, she wondered if she looked the same way. Did her face have the same expression of satisfaction and fulfillment? Did her body grow rigid and arch away from the bed like Rose? Were her cries just as loud, or was she imagining it? But it soon became clear when their eyes met, that yes, it was indeed the same for Rose as it had been for her.

As Rose rode out the last waves of her powerful orgasm, Faye reluctantly eased her finger out of her lover's pussy. She pulled away and cuddled up next to the dark haired beauty, her face buried in her sweet smelling hair, and her arm wrapped around her body. Faye could feel her lover's breathing eventually slow down. Within a minute or so, her body completely relaxed. She turned in Faye's arms and kissed her softly on the brow, and then she whispered those fateful words:

"We are tangled, locked, and tied to each other forever..."

It seemed as though a fog had suddenly been lifted from Faye's mind. She pulled away from Rose and sat up, clutching the blankets to her chest. The library will be closing soon. Jean was probably looking for her.

"I—I've got to go, Rose." Faye said. "I'll come back for you...I promise."

She slowly got out of bed and searched around for her clothes. As if in a trance, she fumbled with her dress. She grabbed her stockings, one by one, not bothering to put them on. My shoes, Faye thought. Her body was trembling and she felt the first beads of a cold sweat breaking out on her back. Where are my shoes? Rose watched in silence as Faye stumbled out of the room. She knew where she was headed. She was headed for the corridor, but it was a fool's errand. The dark haired beauty followed her lover through the sitting room and into the darkened corridor.

"I've got to find the door!" Faye was clearly agitated. The corridor was lined with doors, but each one she opened only led to more rooms. "Which one was it? Damn, I've got to find the passage—the library is about to close!"

"Faye, you are a part of me...of my mind and soul. If you leave...you condemn yourself to die. We both will...let it go."

Faye stood in front of a door with a familiar looking doorknob. The thing looked like it was made of some sort of colored glass or precious stone. She cast one last glance over her shoulder and turned the knob...

"Oh my...this can't be..."

Faye Hollingsworth opened the door, and instantly her heart skipped a beat. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks while she brought a shaking hand up to her mouth. She was so sure that this was the right door. It was the last one in the corridor. But when she opened it, there was only a solid wall! There was no darkened passage, no door leading back to the cabinet. It was as if they never existed. Faye slowly closed the door and sobbed.

"But Mr. Tindell wanted a manuscript..."

Rose wrapped her arms around her lover. "I wouldn't worry about that anymore." She said. "He has exactly what he wanted...and so do I."

Faye heaved a ragged sigh as Rose led her away from the door. It's just as well, she thought. She returned to the sitting room, undressed, and threw her clothes into the fireplace and watched the flames consume them. She didn't need them anymore, those trappings from the world she willingly left behind. Maybe I wasn't meant to go back, she thought. What would I miss anyway—loneliness, boredom, and eventual death? Maybe Rose is right. Sometimes life is about risking everything for a beautiful dream that no one can see but you.

Thank you for reading.