Out Of My League

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2

I found out in one of my letters from Mom that she and Ed bought a big house. Josh and Marie each had their own room and even had a guest room for me when I would come home. I did arrive home and was so happy to see my mom and Ed. I told them I had two weeks before I had to be back on base and finish my tour of duty. I got to transfer to the nearest base to home, which was sixty miles away. My new position was to work in the commissary at the base. I would also be staying in the barracks.

I asked Mom about Amber and Gina. Mom said she loved both of them. Amber was finishing college at the local University. She drove to classes everyday and her mother watched Gina. She said Amber would bring Gina over a couple of times a week to visit.

"What are your plans, Jeff? She is your daughter, we've seen the test results," said mom.

"I'm going to help take care of her. I want to be in her life. As far as Amber goes, I'll have to have a talk with her. Everything happened so fast, I loved her, then I hated her and now I have feelings for her again. I just don't know, Mom."

"So you know, she'll be here after school with Gina. I told her you would be here today." replied mom.

Josh and Marie came in from school and we all hugged each other. Marie was crying and said she missed me so much. We talked for awhile and Josh showed me what room I would be staying in. When we went downstairs, there stood Amber holding Gina. Mom took Gina and Amber came to me and hugged me and had full blown tears. "Welcome home, Jeffery, I missed you so much."

She looked as beautiful as ever. I knew I had tears running down my cheeks, as well. "Meet your daughter," Amber said. Mom handed her to me.

"Gina, this is daddy, Jeffery, this is your baby girl, Gina." The tears where still running down my face. Sometimes you just can't help it. I just sat down and held my daughter and talked to her. She was smiling at me; how could I not love my baby girl. Mom said dinner was ready and Amber took Gina, put her back in her portable car seat and we all sat down to eat.

Amber knew we had a lot to discuss and we were going to talk after dinner. Mom said she would watch Gina as Amber and I sat on the porch swing to talk. "Where do we start?" I asked Amber.

"Let's start with our first date. Jeffery I always liked you ever since junior high. In high school, I always wished you would ask me out but, you never did. When you asked me to the prom I had already excepted a date with Dave. I felt so bad."

"It had to be a lack of communication. You were the only girl I ever had feeling for. The problem was, you were way out of my league."

"Jeffery, I never treated you different. I had other friends and introduced you to them, but you seemed to be just a loaner. A lot of the cheerleaders thought you were cute, but you never asked any of us out."

"I never had the money."

"Jeffery, it never cost anything to go to our dances or some of our games. I know you worked a lot, but you could have come to something. We all came to your graduation party, but it was Josh who invited us. I was surprised when you showed up at my house and asked me out. I'll always remember my first date with you. Heck, I remember all my dates with you. Especially the last one. I fell in love with you, Jeffery, and never thought I'd see you again." She had tears in her eyes.

"Why did you go up to the room with me?"

"I knew you were going overseas and that I might never see you again. Jeffery, you need to know that I didn't sleep around. As God as my witness, I've only slept with one other guy. I haven't had sex with anyone since I was with you. When I found out I was pregnant, I knew it was your baby, I had no doubt. I just didn't know what to do about it."

"I used a condom, but then we did it without one. What made you do it?"

"I was on birth control pills for about a year. I had to go off of them for a month for a yeast infection. I started back on them two days before you asked me out. I thought I was protected. My doctor told me I should have waited a week. I didn't know that. Where do we go from here, Jeffery?"

"I'm not sure. I believe I love you, but everything happened so fast. I have another six months to serve, but hopefully it will be at the local base sixty miles away. I'll staying at the base, but can come home sometimes. The drive is only an hour and a half. I did get my papers signed for child support."

"Yes, I received a payment last week. Thank you Jeffery. My parents have been paying for Gina's expenses. I don't have any money; finishing college and taking care of Gina takes all my time. Will you come over and meet my parents? They really want to meet you."

"I can come over tonight if it's okay. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous."

"They really are good parent and I'm sure they will like you."

I borrowed my mom's car and followed Amber and Gina home. We went into the house and her mom and dad were watching TV. When they saw me, they stood up as Amber introduced me. "Mom, Dad. This is Jeffery, Gina's father. Jeffery this is my mom and dad, Helen and Robert Burke."

Her dad held out his hand and shook mine. "Nice to finally meet you, Jeffery," Helen said.

"I didn't hear about Gina till just a few months ago. I never tried to push my responsibilities on anyone else. I just never knew or I would have replied much earlier, I'm so sorry."

"Amber told us. She said you were in a war zone and was waiting to tell you. What are your plans now? Amber still has six months of schooling before graduating."

"We haven't had time to discuss it, but I still have at least six months of enlistment left. I have two weeks before I have to return to base. It's only sixty miles away. I hope to come home at least one day a week to see Gina and Amber. They have already started sending child support and I'll try and give Amber more support if she needs it. I won't know any more till I return to base."

"Jeff, you seem like a nice guy. All we ask is you treat Amber fair," her father said.

The next day I had to go buy a used car. I would be driving back and forth to the base, and also to see Amber and Gina. Originally, I was going to buy a small pickup but now I had a daughter and I needed a four door sedan. I found a used one for eight thousand dollars and put two thousand down on it. I could easily afford the monthly payment.

I went over to see Amber every day after she got out of school. I only had a week left before returning to base, and I wanted to spend it with Amber and my daughter. We spent time talking about our future. Amber said she didn't want me to marry her because I got her pregnant. She just thought I should know that I was a father.

"Amber, you know I've really liked you most of my life. You were always my dream girl. Did I love you? At the least it was puppy love. Now we have a child together and I want the best for her. I know I love her and so does my family. What do you want to do?"

"Jeffery, I feel I love you, I really do. There is no one else in my life besides Gina. I think we need time to see for sure how we feel about each other. We don't need to rush and get married. I want to finish college and you still have to finish your time in the service and find out what you want to do. You can come home each week and we can spend time together. We really don't know that much about each other. We've only been on three dates."

I started back on base and worked in the commissary. It was really a great job. I called Amber a couple of times a week. I knew she had homework and I didn't want to bother her all the time. Whenever I got a leave (a day or two off) I always went home to Mom's house. I would always pick up Amber and Gina and bring them over. I loved my baby girl. She always smiled at me when I held her. I wasn't afraid to change her dirty diapers.

It was a month before we made love again. I used condoms just to be safe. She felt so good I knew I would marry her in a second if she asked me, but that was also the sex talking.

A couple of months went by and things seem to be going pretty good till one day Amber said she had a problem. Her old boyfriend Dave started calling her. He kept asking her out and she kept telling him she was in a relationship, but he said she belonged to him. This was when I found out that Dave went to the same college as Amber. He stayed at college and Amber drove there everyday. She told me she rarely saw him at college and she didn't attend any parties.

He was home from college and wanted her to go out with him. She told him no and that she didn't want anything to do with him. He told her the next time he came home he expected her to go out with him and left.

I found out where the college was and paid him a visit on my next visit home. It was a Friday night and he was at a frat party. Pay your ten bucks and anyone could get in. I went in and got a beer and watched Dave. He didn't even remember me from school, but nobody did. He was flirting with a girl at the party. He took her up to a room and I went in and told him to stay away from Amber.

"Who's Amber and who the hell are you?" he asked. The girl with him was just sitting on the bed and started to get up. I told her to just sit there. "Get the hell out of my room if you know what's good for you." He came at me and pushed me. "Big mistake!"

I did a foot sweep and knocked him on his ass. He got up and I punched him hard in his stomach and a right cross to the left side of his face and down he went again. His girlfriend just screamed. I kicked him two times and told him again to stay away from Amber. "Do you understand?" I asked.

I asked him a second time, "Do you understand?"

"Yes, I'll stay away."

"Just so you know, if you don't, I will be back and it will be much worse for you." I didn't see Amber that weekend, I told her I had some business to attend to.

Amber called me at the base and said she was told by Vicky that she heard at school that Dave was beat up at college. Some kids at school said the whole side of his face was black and blue. She told me that one of her cheerleader girlfriends was at the party and said she had seen me there but didn't get a chance to talk to me. She asked me what did I do?

"I just protected my family."

"I love you, Jeffery."

On one of my trips home I told Amber I didn't want to co-parent anymore. I was holding Gina at the time.

"What? Jeffery, I don't understand."

"I want us to be together. I want to marry you and be a family. You'll be graduating in a couple of months and I'll be out of the service. We can plan a wedding for after your graduation. I'll find a job and we can be a family."

"Is that a marriage proposal?" she asked.

"I guess so," I said.

She asked her parents to come into the room, and Vicky came in also. "Ask me again," she said. "I needed witnesses" she said as she smiled at me.

I handed Gina to Mrs. Burke, reached into my pocket and knelt on one knee. Amber looked surprised.

"Amber, I've always liked you since junior high school. In the last year my like has turned to love. Would you marry me and with Gina we can be a family?"

She was crying and so were Vicky and her mother. "Yes Jeffery, I'll marry you." We both stood up and kissed.

She told her mom and dad that it wouldn't be till after she graduated and I found a job after the service.

Mr. Burke asked to talk to me alone. We went into his office and sat down to talk. "Jeff, I like you and I know Amber loves you and you love her and Gina. What kind of work will you be looking for?"

"Sir, all I know is working at the grocery store and of course a cook in the service. I don't want to be a cook or chef. I guess I have to see what's out there. I want the best for my family."

"Have you heard of Food Fair Supermarkets?" Mr. Burke asked.

"Yes sir, they're one of the biggest grocery businesses in the state and treat their employees well."

"My brother works for them and they are opening a new store in about three months. Amber will be the bookkeeper after she graduates. Would you like to interview for assistant manager?"

I couldn't believe what I just heard. My future father in-law got me an interview with Food Fair Supermarkets. "Yes sir, I'd love the chance to work for them. I love the grocery business."

"I'll call Amber's uncle and set you up an appointment. Keep it under wraps till after your interview. I don't want to get Amber's hopes up. She has already interviewed for her position and she got it. Don't ask her about it. She can't talk about it till she graduates".

Amber asked me what her dad wanted to talk to me about. She was worried that he might be against us getting married. I told her we just talked about private things and what my plans were after getting out of the service. I told her he was happy for us, but he was a concerned father.

I told Mom I wanted to take Amber out on a real date and asked her if she could watch Gina for us. I told her we probably wouldn't be home till the next day. Mom smiled at me and said she never mined taking care of her granddaughter. Even Ed liked being a grandfather.

We went back to the Sheraton Inn and took our bathing suits with us. We got our room and spent time in the hot tub and pool. Damn, she looked great in her two piece swimming suit. We must have spent two hours in the tub and pool. After getting dressed, we went to the restaurant.

After a fantastic dinner we headed back up to our room. We dimmed the lights and kissed and cuddled for the next two hours. We were getting ready to make love when I asked her about condoms.

"We don't need them. I've been on the pill since the birth of Gina and haven't missed one."

I began kissing down her body. She was so beautiful and her tummy was so flat. She told me she exercised till she got her figure back. I kissed down below her belly onto that sensitive area just above her trimmed mound. I kissed that spot over and over and then buried my face in her mound. It was so silky smooth. I pushed my fingers into her wet pussy. I finger fucked her while kissing her mound.

"Jeffery, fuck me, make love to me, please put your cock in me. I want you so bad, I love you so much."

I replaced my fingers with my face and tongued her pussy till she came. I got up and pushed my cock in her before her orgasm stopped and pumped my cock in and out. She started coming again and I came with her. I got up and took a piss. I brought her a towel and she laughed and put in between her legs. I turned off the lights and we cuddled and went to sleep.

After a morning piss, we went at it again. It was great. She got up and cleaned up, then I took my shower. We went down to the restaurant and had breakfast and headed back to my house. I dropped her and Gina off at their house and headed back to base.

It was two weeks later that I had an appointment with Food Fair Supermarkets. They interviewed me for over a half hour. They did tell me that whomever got the position would be the assistant manager and explained the wages and benefits. The three people that interviewed me were not Mr. Burke's brother. They also told me the job wouldn't start for three months when the store would be due to open.

I thanked them for taking the time to talk to me, and they said they had a number of people to interview but would get back to me within a month.

It was the hardest thing not being able to tell Amber about my interview but her dad asked me not to. I visited Amber and Gina every week. We were able to get away and make love about once a month. Her graduation was coming up and her parents were throwing her a big party. I was so happy for her and told her I'd do my best to be there for her. I had less then a month before finishing my obligations to the Army.

I finally got a call from Food Fair. I was to come to their new market (which was nearly finished) on my next day off. When I showed up, I met the other Mr. Burke (Amber's uncle). "Congratulations young man and thank you for your service. You will be the assistant manager in this new facility if you want the position."

"Yes sir, thank you," I replied. He told me I could tell people about my position if I wanted too.

I would be starting on a Friday after coming home from the service. The new market was only four miles from Mom's house. Mr. Burke told me his niece would be starting the Monday before. I guess he knew about us. They had to go over and set up the bookkeeping arrangements. I went straight over to tell Amber the good news. When I got there, she told me she had a big surprise for me.

Her parents were sitting there holding Gina.

"Jeffery, I have a job waiting for me after my graduation. They told me not to say anything to anybody, except Mom and Dad until they were ready to announce it. I wanted so badly to tell you. I'm so happy and I love you so much." She reached up and kissed me. "Oh, I forgot to tell you where I'm going to work. At Food Fair Supermarket. They built a new store here in town. Maybe you can apply for a job there with all your grocery experience." Her mom and dad were sitting there smiling. I figured they already knew about me.

"Amber, I'm so happy for you. You earned it and deserve it. I have a surprise for you, also."

"What is it Jeffery?" she asked.

"I got a new job, too. It starts a couple of Fridays after I'm released from the service. I got a job as assistant manager at the same place your going to be a bookkeeper, thanks to your dad getting me an interview."

"Son, you earned it. I just got you an interview, congratulations."

Amber hugged me and then hugged her dad. "Thank you, Daddy, for helping Jeffery. I love you so much." She hugged him again with tears coming down her face.

We went house hunting. We were planning our wedding for the week after she graduated, and I would be done with my service responsibility, also. I would be on reserve for two years. Hopefully, I wouldn't get deployed. We found a nice three bedroom rental with an option to buy. It was just a mile from the market we'd be working at.

I came home from the service. It was a very busy month. My brother Josh graduated, and Mom threw him a big party. I was so proud of him. He would be going to the University where Amber was graduating. He received a football scholarship. Vicky was graduating also, and was attending the same University as Josh. Something told me they were getting close. Mr. and Mrs Burke asked their girls if they could have a joint graduation party.

They were excited about it. It would be two weeks later that we would be getting married, and a week later we started our new jobs. Mom asked me if I wanted a welcome home party, and I laughed and told her I've been home every week and I thought our plates were full enough. I really loved my mom, and Ed gave her anything she wanted. He treated her great. He was really a big part of the family.

I came home and we all went to Josh and Vicky's high school graduation. I was happy for both of them. The Burke's and Vicky came over to Josh's party. Of course, Amber and Gina were there with me. A lot of Josh's friends came over, and even my grandparents came down for the party. Marie helped Mom with the food preparation and serving people. She also ordered six pizza's. I told her I would pay for them.

Damn, Josh's friends sure could eat. Almost all the food was gone and there wasn't much to clean up. Ed never said much, but he gave Josh five hundred dollars for graduation. It surprised Josh and he gave Ed a big manly hug. He had tears in his eyes when he thanked him. My grandparents said they would be back down for my wedding. They loved Amber and their great granddaughter, Gina.

The following week was Amber's graduation, followed by the joint graduation party of Amber and Vicky. Gina was beginning to talk and called Vicky, "Icky." Everyone thought that was hilarious, even Vicky. The party was huge. Most of Amber's friends from college and high school came to wish her well. Dave knew better then to show up.