Out of My League

Story Info
Kid from the poor side of town, gets lucky.
7.5k words
4.55
15.7k
31
8
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: With this being my 80th story, I shouldn't think I'd have to tell you this, BUT, you should know each and every character resides only in my mind. THIS IS PURE FICTION!! If anybody in my story is lucky enough to partake is sexy stuff, they're at least eighteen years of age. For those looking for instant sex, you won't find it here. Slow build-up, but there is some for those who wait.

I'm sitting on a bench, outside a courtroom, waiting to see if I'm headed to jail. Again. Its not as if I've never been jailed before, but this time I'm not the guilty party.

I've been called to testify in the divorce proceedings between one Gerard Long and his soon to be ex-wife, Yolanda. She is suing him for divorce due to physical and mental abuse.

You see, I was in the middle of their latest altercation that also involved their two year old daughter, Alexis.

This latest altercation happened in the parking lot of the home improvement store where I'd been employed for nearly three years.

Did I forget a little back story? I guess I did. I'm Dusty Riley. I've just turned twenty years of age, and have been out of trouble with all law enforcement for nearly six years.

Just in case you're wondering, my birth certificate does not have Dusty as my given name. In fact, it says James Lamar Riley. You see, my grandfather was a huge fan of the 1954 New York Giants baseball team. It just so happened they won the 1954 World Series, and one of their heroes was James Lamar (Dusty) Rhodes. He hit two pinch-hit home runs, each winning games.

Back to my history.

My first run in with the law was when I was just over twelve years old. It seemed that the County sheriff didn't take kindly to me whacking one Milton Hinds twice in his left knee, hard enough that for the remainder of his shitty life he had this very noticeable limp.

Sheriff whatever his name was never took into consideration the fact that Hinds was trying to rape my mother.

I wound up serving eight months in our county youth detention center.

Are you starting to get some idea of my less than idyllic upbringing?

I never knew my father, and I knew for certain, he never married my mother, Francis Riley. I also knew that my mother's choices in men left a lot to be desired.

After getting out of jail, I did continue middle school, but with most of the school knowing where I'd spent the last eight months, I was the target for a lot of ridicule, and taunting.

Needless to say, I didn't do well with the taunting. Being called a jail bird, wasn't too bad, but being called a son of a whore just never set right with me. Also, being on the skinny side, some of these bullies thought I was easily pushed around.

Wrong! One thing I did to keep busy in jail, besides my mandatory school work, was lifting weights. Yes I was on the thin side, but I was also a lot stronger than I appeared.

I also honed my self-defense skills, some of which weren't considered fair.

In my years in middle school, I got into my share of fights. While not bragging, too much, I won the lion's share of them. After doing some harm on some of the bigger bullies, these altercations became less frequent, as bullies most often don't like getting black eyes, or bloody noses, or even getting swift kicks to their balls.

I have to admit, some of these fights led to detention, and suspension from school, a few times.

With my mother never caring, if she was around, it was left up to my grandmother, Flossy, to deal with the school, and to get me reinstated. Oh, her given name was Florence, which she hated, hence Flossy.

With my troubles in school subsiding, I did manage to get a diploma. Barely.

During my senior year I started working at the aforementioned home improvement store, and finally realized that I needed to change my ways, in order to avoid any long term confinement. I also realized that living on my own, or with my grandma, was far better than incarceration.

It didn't hurt that I was actually earning a paycheck, too.

In the time I was working, I actually had a few dates. Nothing serious, but I actually did have several short term relationships. Nothing special, but I did learn that there were more than a few good girls who wanted to sample us bad boys. Or so they thought.

In my time working at this local home improvement store, I made friends with several return customers. There was this one older couple, who usually had their little granddaughter, Alexis, who accompanied them for most of her first two years.

Each time I'd see them in our store, we would talk for a while, even if they didn't need any help.

I never asked about this little girl's parents, because it was none of my business.

The first time I saw Gerard and Yolanda Long, they were in the midst of a none too quiet argument, over paint colors. All this while Alexis was sitting in their shopping cart.

I approached them both and asked them to try to be a bit quieter, as not to disturb our other customers.

"Leave us the fuck alone, asshole!" was the response I got from this true dipshit.

"I'm going to ask you to leave our store, so, do you want me to escort you out, or will you leave on your own?"

Saying this, I just stood and glared at this piece of shit, just hoping his skinny ass would do something stupid.

I noticed his wife took their little girl away from us, as quickly as possible.

Just as I was going to repeat my request for him to get out of our store, two sheriff's deputies came into the area asking me if this was the same man two other people called to complain about.

"Yes, officers, and he was just getting ready to leave."

As Long looked from the two deputies, back to me, he decided I held the winning hand, and he started making his way out of the store.

I went back to work, after telling both cops how this complete asshole was talking and acting around his young daughter.

The very next day, the older couple was back in the store, with the little girl along with them, thanking me for caring.

I didn't see any of the family until that fateful day that landed us all in court.

I had a customer yelling in from the parking lot about a man yelling at his wife and daughter, and I immediately knew who was involved.

All I heard was Long yelling "shut up you little shit!" at his little two year old, and turning to his wife and starting to raise his hand, as if he was going to hit her.

As fast as I could run, I made a beeline right at him, yelling for him to move away. He just froze as I gave him a cross body block that knocked him about six feet back, landing on his backside.

With Yolanda taking their daughter away from me, standing over her worthless husband, I heard a siren approaching.

The mother and daughter were standing behind me when the two cops jumped out of their cars, grabbing this total jerk, just as he started yelling that I started all of this, and he did nothing.

"Officers, please let me tell you what all happened," Yolanda offered.

Quietly, she told them exactly what had transpired, word for word. Everything her jackass husband said, both to her and their daughter.

I just stood off to one side, hoping to stay out of any looming trouble.

Just as Gerard was taken away in handcuffs, Yolanda came up to me, and softly thanked me. As they were leaving, Alexis managed a little smile and waved to me.

As they walked away, I did take a good look at Yolanda, seeing a small, compact body, with me guessing she was in her mid to late twenties, maybe 5'3", or so, with light brown hair, and the brightest blue eyes I'd ever seen. Not much in the chest area, but those eyes and that smile more than made up for that.

I was just hoping that her smile might return with her husband in lock-up.

It was just two weeks later when I received the subpoena requiring my presence at her first divorce hearing.

The day before that hearing, her parents, Larry and Alice Bradley paid me a visit at work.

"I hope you know, Dusty, Yolanda didn't want to get you involved in her messy divorce," they both told me. "But, she values your perspective on what you've observed."

"I just want to tell exactly what I've heard and saw, along with helping protect your granddaughter."

"Don't think bad of me, but do you have any feelings for our daughter?" This coming from Alice.

"Um, no, she's just way too far out of my league, and I don't want anyone thinking I'm after her husband's money."

This caused them both to laugh a bit.

"Did I say something funny?"

"Yes, as the only money that creep has is ours, not his."

"OK, then I don't want anyone thinking I'm after her money," I said with a small grin.

The next day, I was in court for this first hearing.

COURT PROCEEDING

"In the matter of Yolanda Bradley Long vs Gerard Long, this hearing is now in order."

"Rene Hopkins for Yolanda Long, Plaintiff, your honor."

"Grant Long for Gerard Long, respondent."

"Your Honor, we want to enter the testimony of Dusty Riley, if we may."

"Mr. Riley, please step forward and give us your given name, please."

"James Lamar Riley, your honor."

I then gave my account of both of the altercations I'd observed, making sure to include the in-store argument that I had observed.

Sitting down and listening to another hour or so of testimony, we were dismissed, pending further action.

Leaving the courtroom, little Alexis came running up to me calling "Mr. Dusty, Mr. Dusty, can I give you a hug?"

Reaching down, I picked her up, much to her delight.

"If my parents take Alexis home, can we just sit quietly and have a drink, Dusty?"

"Not really, for two reasons. First, I'm not twenty-one, yet, and all I have a my small motorbike."

"Truthfully?"

"Yes."

With that, she walked over to her parents, who left with their granddaughter.

"I'll either bring you back, or you can follow, your choice," she said, with her million watt grin.

I followed her to a nearby family restaurant, where we sat, just talking. Nothing about the divorce proceedings.

"So, you really don't drink?"

"Nope, I've found that alcohol gets me in trouble, and that's something I just don't need."

"This might seem a bit forward, but do you think that we could get together, soon, just us, plus my daughter?"

Thinking of many reasons to say no, I finally decided to agree, but added that I'd try to borrow my grandmother's car, to make this easier.

After a nice lunch, we got up to leave, she leaned up and just gave me very nice hug, saying she just needed a friend.

"Before you go, can I ask how old you are?"

"Twenty-six two months ago."

Grinning, I hugged her back and thanked her for the nice lunch, that she refused to let me pay for.

"Just so you know, I'm not going to let you keep paying for me."

"Deal. I guess that means we might see each other, some more?"

"If you want, I'm fine with that."

Watching her leave, I started thinking about all the what ifs.

Here I was, barely scraping by, with my little Honda 250 motorbike being my prized possession. Holding my job for nearly three years, allowing me a small sense of financial freedom. My grandmother being my true best friend, with my mother, at forty-eight years of age, still trying to figure life out.

Sitting on my bike, I started wondering what this wealthy young lady saw in me. Yes, I seemed to help her out in her dealing with her asshole of a soon to be ex-husband.

I figured I needed a long conversation with my granny.

Before I left for home, I got a text from Yolanda asking if I'd come to her house, the next afternoon for lunch, and to talk.

After thinking about it for a minute, I told her I would. When she texted me the address, I realized I definitely was headed to the high rent part of town.

My grandmother, being my most sensible relative, gave me some very sage advice.

"Don't get into any relationship that you don't instigate," she said. "Remember, Dusty, she's coming out of one fairly bad relationship, and doesn't need any added drama."

I thanked her and sat thinking about this entire situation.

She was a few years older than me. Yes, I'd been in more than my share of trouble, but had been 'clean' for more than six years, along with holding down my job for over three years.

I was building up a small amount of savings, which made me the most proud.

Off I went to her house, for what, I didn't know.

I was met at the door by a grinning Alexis, jumping into my arms and hugging me telling me she helped make lunch.

When Yolanda walked in and Alexis took off for parts unknown, we just stood there, not sure how to proceed.

She walked up to me, put her arms around my neck, and on her tiptoes, gave me a very soft kiss.

"Thank you for putting a smile back on my face, Dusty," she said.

"Its a very pretty face that needs to smile," I responded.

Sitting in her living room, we just started talking, like new friends usually do.

"I hope you know, my biggest concern is having people think I'm after your money."

"I understand, but you have to realize that I'm not inviting you to bed, I'm just looking for a friend."

Sitting there, holding hands, while we talked, I finally leaned over and softly kissed her more than inviting lips.

Very nice. So nice that I kissed her again.

We just sat, facing each other with our foreheads resting against each other.

"I've wanted to do that ever since my folks and I saw you at the store, the very first time."

"Even with my couple of tattoos and pierced ears?"

"Yep. Sort of caught my eye."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alexis running into the room, so I moved just a bit farther away.

"Mommy, mommy, is Mr. Dusty going to be my new daddy?"

"No, sweetheart, he and mommy are just friends, for now."

With that Alexis jumped up on the couch and gave me a big hug. She then jumped back down and off she ran.

We just sat there, staring at each other, when she moved next to me, gave me her cute little smile, and moved onto my lap.

Putting her arms around my neck, she gave me a very soft, sensuous kiss. With me holding her around her waist, pulling her a bit closer, I returned her kiss with one of my own. When I moved one of my hands up and down her back, I thought I heard a soft moan. When that same hand moved to her chest, lightly touching her small, soft breast, her moan was just a bit louder.

I instantly felt her tiny, rock hard nipple, get even harder, so I got a bit braver, and slipped my hand inside her t-shirt. Just as I was going to lift her shirt up, we could hear little footsteps running across the playroom, heading back to where we were sitting.

"Sorry, Dusty, we will continue this, soon, I promise."

I noticed Alexis was carrying a well worn book, that seemed to be her favorite.

"Mommy, can Mr. Dusty read my book to me?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?"

With her little grin, and holding this book in both hands, she gave me a liitle grin, jumped up on the couch, and crawled onto my lap.

"Can you read me a story, please?"

How could I resist?

While I was reading her a story, which she had probably heard dozens of times, I did have the thought in the back of my mind, that this sort of family interaction brought a smile to my face.

When I realized she was fast asleep, Yolanda and I carried her into her bedroom, and tucked her in.

Walking back to her living room, we sat back down on her couch.

"Dusty, there are a few things I'd like to say. First, and foremost, I'm positive I'd like to see where this thing we have might go. That is, if we do have a thing. Second, all of my family really do care for you, tattoos and all. Last, and not least, Alexis absolutely adores you."

Instead of answering, I took her face in my hands and kissed her as soft and sensuous as I knew how.

Did I feel a little tongue? Yep, which I returned.

With one easy motion, I lifted her shirt over her head, and tossed it on the floor.

Leaning over, I very softly took one nipple between my teeth, and licked all around with my tongue.

"Easy, easy, they're very sensitive."

Laying next to each other on the couch, I reached for the waistband of her shorts, and started pushing them down over her nice compact behind.

When her shorts hit the floor, I started lowering her skimpy panties.

Still kissing her very soft lips, I moved down to give that same attention to each nipple. With both her hands full of my hair, she seemed to be directing my head to where she wanted it to be.

Down over her very taut tummy, then right between her wide open thighs.

With my adventurous tongue finding a very wet pussy, I gently licked up one side and back down the other. Hearing her moans, muted by one wrist in her mouth, in order not to wake her little girl, I continued back up, until my rigid tongue found her tiny, throbbing clit.

With her entire body shaking, her moans were getting a little louder.

I reached down and retrieved a condom from my pants, tore open the wrapper, and after placing it where it belonged, moved between her inviting thighs.

Easing my nearly seven solid inches inside her, she quickly wrapped her legs around my back and pulled my face down to hers, kissing me as lovingly as I've ever been kissed.

I nearly lost track of time, when I finally exploded deep inside of her, just as her body was shaking for the second time.

Sitting up next to each other, after some well needed clean-up, we threw on a minimum of clothing, and held onto each other.

"My turn, Yolanda. I need you to know that I'm very leery of your family's money. I never want to be thought of as a gold digger. Most importantly, I need you to know that I've never felt like this in my entire life, and I hope I don't screw it up."

"I want you to know that I haven't cum like that in more than a few months. I also need you to know that you're only the third man I've ever been with, and I hope you have patience with me, if we do really continue."

Just as we started kissing, again, we heard rustling in the bedroom, that signaled our playtime was ending.

Alexis came bounding out of her room and announced that she was dry and needed to use the potty, like a big girl.

Yolanda got up and took her to the bathroom, leaving me to think about all the things being a family would entail.

Could I do the many things that being a 'dad' would require? Could I do them well enough to prove to myself that I'd matured sufficiently to start a family of my own?

Just as I was thinking all of these what ifs, Alexis came running up to the couch and jumped into my arms.

"Mr. Dusty, mommy wants me to ask you if we could have dinner together tonight?"

"That's fine with me. Do you have a favorite place to have dinner?"

Both of them mentioned a local family restaurant, that I was well aware of, and had always heard good things about.

Our dinner went better than expected, and our drive back to their house had us all smiling.

Getting to their house, we watched Alexis play with a favorite game, as we just sat, talking on her couch.

"Dusty, if we start seeing each other on a regular basis, I want you to promise that you won't hold my family's money against me. Promise?"

"I promise, only if you let me succeed on my own merits. OK?"

Instead of a verbal answer, she took my face in both her hands and gave me a very soft, warm kiss.

We were still kissing, when Alexis came back into the room. I was very happy not to have removed her shirt, or had my hands inside of it.

"Mommy, mommy, is Mr. Dusty going to live with us?"

"We're not sure, yet, sweetie, but maybe."

I just sat there with this silly grin, trying to grasp this entire situation.

I knew Yolanda's divorce was nearing its conclusion, and I didn't want our relationship, whatever it intailed, to interfere.