All Comments on 'Out of Session: The Beginnings'

by BoringDude

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

if rob is supposed to be Dave then give us a clue, had to read the damn thing a few times for that to make sense

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Why would Janice call Robert Dave?

Why would Janice go to her lover's wife for therapy at all?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Does Helen call Pete?

Only if she wants to lose her license!

That’s her dilemma: for her to tell Pete, she’d need to somehow do it anonymously, and even then, if she’s the only one to whom Janice confessed, she’d be at risk.

Interesting story, and certainly different for this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More

Please story needs to continue, how does Helen move forward with her patient and husband knowing that husband is man in patients affair ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

not sure where you are going do you know that Robert is Dave and banging Janice if what are you going to do to btb to the ground along with Robert / Dave or do we have a story we will never understand and what about her hubby does he get to find out his wife is a whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Appaloosa1453....

There are two separate paragraphs that gives the details on who Dave is. The first supplies his occupation (medical supplier), and the second explains Dave's body style.

So, Helen added them up and took the chance and hit a bullseye.

A note to the author, as for the story, it would be interesting what Helen does afterwards; but, not necessary. Most interesting, does Helen continue with Janice as a patient, or not? I'll simply assume her marriage is dead.

I normally don't rate stories on Literotica. However, I do read a lot, I have a file that have four lists; those stories I've read and would want to read again, those I've read and like and don't have a need to read again, those I've not read and will later when given a chance, and those I've read and consider them junk. Note to author, this story goes in the first list.

taylorsamtaylorsamover 3 years ago

Love'd it, but please don't stop.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

I like the plot and the invite.

4*

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Caught

That turned out to be an excellent little story, at least what there was to it. What's with all the authors giving others a invitation to finish their stories? If I could write, I would try to come up with my own stories. You were doing just fine, so FTDS.

mcbsmcbsover 3 years ago
Two stars

Doesn't make sense Janice would have wife of lover as therapist.

BoringDudeBoringDudeover 3 years agoAuthor

A few answers:

Robert used a fake name when he was seducing Janice. By chance, she happened to see Helen about the affair, and Helen figured out from what Janice told her that Robert was having the affair, and she badgered Robert to get him off kilter before quickly asking about Janice, who Helen should not have heard of.

I agree the story needs to continue, but after two plus years, I’m not sure what should come next. The afterward invites others to take up the story, and I look forward to reading how others think it should continue.

BoringDude

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
why?

"While it stands alone, it also begs further resolution."

A stand-alone story makes a point. Any so-called 'lack of resolution' is nothing other than the reality of life. It allows the reader to mull over alternatives to moral dilemmas, gives readers a chance to understand their own moral priorities.

An open-ended story does not beg resolution. If you feel that resolution is wanting, that the desired point hasn't been made yet, then add a second chapter to make the point.

If you want to write a soap opera, then you can go on for another 30 chapters, as some writers do.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

"I thought I'd write something about a psychiatrist who behaves the way real psychiatrists do"...Then you write a boring session and ended the story with something really stupid and out of the context and ask for someone to continue your stupid line? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why would Robert call himself Dave?

To not let Janice know his real name. I assume that many cheaters try to hide their real names.

anon.1

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Damn, I almost think Robert had the affair because he was sick of Helen being such a know-it-all, and he wanted one secret thing to keep away from her. Just his luck, she found out about that, too.

taylorsamtaylorsamover 3 years ago

Great story. Begs for a continuation that could go in so many directions.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good one

At the end you turned this into the beginning of an excellent story. Don't let it end here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The story got started when Janice went to get help from Helen.

Shouldn't the story continue with Janice seeking help from Helen? If Janice fucked Dave/Robert on Friday she will not know they are busted unless Dave/Robert tells her. Whether or not Dave/Robert tells Janice would likely depend on how Helen decides to handle the affair, and the patient/client issues. Dave/Robert knows that Helen knows he's fucking Janice, but he doesn't know how Helen found out, or found out Janice's name. So Helen has some control or influence over what Dave/Robert decides to do next.

Helen could go straight to divorce and tell Dave/Robert she no longer gives a shit who he fucks, so Dave/Robert might try to continue fucking Janice. If Helen indicates any chance of reconciliation then Dave/Robert will of course break off the affair with Janice, and Janice may or may not know before she returns for her next visit with Helen. Dave/Robert already lied to Janice about his name and his marriage, so I don't presume he will tell Janice any true names. Depending on Helen's behavior Dave/Robert will continue fucking Janice as usual, or he will come up with some excuse to end the fucking, which Janice will then discuss with Helen.

What Janice does next could be epic. If Janice finds another fuck buddy then Helen will probably start the process of helping Janice understand that she really has a problem with her marriage to Pete, and she should either seek marriage counciling or begin the process of ending the marriage. If Janice decides that she's done fucking around then her meetings with Helen will appear to become unneeded, until Janice shows up one day in tears because somehow Pete found out about Dave/Robert and is considering divorce. The story could be very cagey about the possibility that Helen had something to do with Pete finding out.

One ending is that only at the end of the story is it revealed that Helen met Pete, and they became romantically, and maybe or maybe not sexually involved, and that through counseling from one of Helen's colleagues Pete finally decided that Janice is damaged goods and Helen is his choice for a future mate.

Janice doesn't find out about Pete and Helen until some time, maybe even years, after her divorce when Pete shows up for some family event, and his date, or wife, is Helen.

As you say, many possibilities. But then don't most stories have many options? If you can't find any path forward that floats your boat then maybe even if you are not done with the story, the story is done with you.

Thanks for the effort.

MacHardyMacHardyover 3 years ago
Love it

Great story, well written. Lots of sex hinted at, which is often better than the blatant stuff. Waiting for more stories.

BoringDudeBoringDudeover 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous wrote: "As you say, many possibilities. But then don't most stories have many options? If you can't find any path forward that floats your boat then maybe even if you are not done with the story, the story is done with you.”

Well, thinking about this, I found the way forward. My second part will come in a while.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Very well done gave it five stars but 4 1/2 if I could

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
O.M.G...

You're good.

More please.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Unbelievable

To big of a gap at the end of the story. Why throw the name of Ja-nice out at the end?, by doing this you the writer know how this should end. I also think the conversation in the office between Ja-nice and Helen is long winded.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Like the story but without and ending I could only give it 3 stars. You’ve teed it up for someone to take it to an amazing conclusion.

Thanks and hope you give it a shot.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Very refreshing take on a LW. I like your writing but not sure why you put it out there for someone else to finish. Is your name actually Janice? 4* for the open end...

knoxhardknoxhardabout 3 years ago

1. Therapist has to end relationship with Janice. Conflict of interest requires it ethically.

2. Not sure Helen's figuring out her husband is Janice's affair partner requires extraordinary insight. Janice told her that "Dave" was in the same line of work as her husband and her description of Dave matches her husband's description. That alone would set off red flags for anyone. Doesn't require that much insight. And then Janice has told her their plans to get together Friday after work and her husband is late getting home from work Friday. If Helen agrees with Janice's assessment of Dave/Robert in the sack, that just adds fuel to the fire. Pretty much anyone would be very curious.

3. Helen's little trick to get husband to "confess" really isn't all that necessary. Once she figured out the possibility there are a lot of ways to nail it down. Simply showing Janice his picture at their next session would have done it.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

The story itself was fantastic. The idea of expanding it i don’t agree with. This was the perfectly contrite ending for loving wives

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sigh. I enjoy stories like this with end with a sudden “no, what?” It’s fine if authors want to continue such a story, but to complain that authors “must” continue feels a little like having to explain a joke after you tell it: part of the fun was the sudden ”oops” ending. I’m not sure why so many readers want everything always to be resolved.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous