Out of the Ashes...

Story Info
The day the love died.
15.2k words
4.32
83.3k
58
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My sincere appreciation goes to GA and especially to Laurielou for their wisdom and guidance in developing this story.

Out of the ashes...

'Michael Williams, Division President' was the new placard the maintenance man had installed outside my office. At forty-five years old and eighteen years with the company, Division President it is quite an accomplishment. Although I have a tremendous responsibility, maybe now I could take a breath, enjoy life and the benefits that the new positions may bring. I've worked hard for this position and I intend to make the most of it.

You would think I would be on top of the world, totally elated at my new position. But things are not always as they would seem. A great job, responsibility and the money it brings doesn't mean your life is complete or trouble-free.

As good as I have it in my work life; I have the opposite in my home life. I guess at least some of my problems, if not all, are because of me, and my drive to succeed. Thinking that Julia wanted what I wanted may have been my biggest mistake. I may have turned a blind eye on her wants and needs to benefit myself. I thought, as other men have thought, that a stable home life, raising two wonderful girls, and having financial stability was what any wife would want.

After graduation, Julia wanted to pursue her dreams of assisting underprivileged families and did so until Lindsay was born. Julia loved her job, but after a lot of discussions, it was decided that rather than hiring a nanny, Julia would be the best person to raise our daughter(s). Let's face it; becoming a housewife was not Julia's thing.

For many years, Julia had the girls to keep her busy while I was at work. When both kids were in public school, Julia was bored and wanted to go back to work, but not in a 9-to-5 environment. She took a class and passed her test as a Real Estate Broker and started selling real estate. It was perfect for her. For the most part, she could set her hours, interact with other brokers and clients, and make some money, all while being there for our girls. I do think Julia was satisfied for many years, at least until Becky, our youngest, left for Sacred Heart. That was when our relationship started its rapid deterioration.

Since Becky left the nest, Julie threw herself into the real estate profession and our personal lives have suffered. Her work became a substitute for our home life and intimacy. She seemingly had a lot of dinner and entertainment functions for clients after work. I was no better. With my advancement, my work required me to travel and to be at meetings and entertainment functions for business at all hours. We were only together when there was a joint function, endless dinners and tedious gatherings when Julia was on my arm. When we were together at home, we had our own activities, or our joint activities were centered around the girls. We had become two people living in the same house. We had sex about six weeks ago. It was a fairly dry, slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am act, followed by "get off me."

To say we have a contentious relationship is an understatement. I'm one that will do anything to avoid conflict, which is probably the reason we are still together. But since the girls went back to college, the augments have become more frequent and heated. The rejection at my attempts for sex being the main cause for the flare-ups. Like one recent evening merely rolling over in bed, spooning and groping a boob lead Julia to jump up saying, "What the fuck do you think you are doing?"

"Maybe that's it, a good fuck would be appreciated", I replied.

"Well you might be satisfied, but what has been occurring in this bedroom isn't worth my time", Julia said as she stomped off to the guest bedroom.

Before you say it, I know, there's another man. I suspect that this isn't the first time in our married life that this has occurred, but this is by far the longest that it has gone on, and this is the first time she has treated me as a cohabitant rather than her husband. You say I should get a detective and a good lawyer; in retrospect, that may have been a good time to make the break, particularly since the girls are in college and not knowing what was to come. But fate has its own way of presenting itself.

It was about four months into my new job and both kids had come home from college for the weekend. We did the family thing and it was like old times. Julia's and I set aside our differences and we truly had a great weekend, even though Julia did have to show a house on that Saturday afternoon. I was encouraged by the change in Julia's attitude.

Then I came to work that Monday morning and about 10:00 that morning my life changed when I received a call from Julia's boss Bob Russell. After I hung-up from the call, I told Sara, my secretary, that I had to leave and I would call and let her know if I would be back. I then immediately ran for my car.

-------

Driving home, my thoughts flashed back how this all started.

I met Julia before I graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I was and am 'Carolina Blue'. My college years were some of the best of my life. Not only did I get a great education, but I met the most incredible girl, Julia Lynn Graham, a super sharp sociology major who was bent on curing the world of its ills.

I met Julia through traditional means, a friend of a friend, and our first date was a blind date set-up by our friend. When I first met her, she took my breath away. I felt like the inner geek came out in me because I felt like I sounded like a blabbering idiot. I couldn't believe that I was out with such a hot chick. But she wasn't one who was self-absorbed. She was down to earth and funny. Her demeanor placed me at ease, and we got along great. We found we had a lot in common. We even found out we were born on the same day. She was four hours and five minutes older than me.

We went to grab a bite at Al's Burger Shack on Franklin. After the initial shock of being with this hot gal, the talk became light, and I had a fun time with her. Looking back on it, it's a wonder she ever spoke to me again. I had been a real dork, and I was surprised when she said she would go out with me again.

The Duke-Carolina football game was the next weekend and I scored two tickets. The one thing I was concerned about happening happened. We had just got through the gate, and there was a group of my guy friends that had been drinking since early morning. She handled the catcalls and whistles with a fun flair. I guess when you are that good-looking this happens regularly. She simply grabbed my hand, said that we needed to get a beer and get to our seats. At least we got away from them and she had grabbed my hand.

Carolina won and Chapel Hill just about came apart at the seams. We went to several parties, each having a different band. We danced, talked, laughed and did some pretty heavy drinking. After a day in the sun, partying and drinking, she just about fell asleep on my shoulder heading back to her dorm. When she put her head on my shoulder, she put her arms around my waist and snuggled in. We stopped at a stoplight and she kissed me behind my right ear, and then put her head back on my shoulder.

If it hadn't been evident by then, it was evident now that there was a rise between my thighs. We got to her dorm and stopped when she pulled herself between the steering wheel and me, looked me square in the eye and gave me the best, most sensuous kiss I ever had. I can still remember it to this day. That kiss was followed by several smaller kisses on my cheek and neck. Then she put her head on my chest and just held me. That rise between my legs was trying to rip out of my jeans.

She kissed me again and started to slide back. She said that she had to work in the library tomorrow (Sunday) and had to study for a test for Monday, but she was free Monday night. Wait a minute, I thought, I didn't ask for another date, she was telling me when she would be available. I still can't figure out what I did right. We made a date for an early dinner on Monday. Before she got out, she leaned in again for a kiss, broke the kiss, looked down at my pants, patted my hard cock, and said, "I'll see you later, too." Another quick kiss and she was out the door.

I was at a loss for words. I had dated a lot, but this girl wasn't like any other. Most of the others waited for me to lead, make the conversation, and advances. This one led me, and I was comfortable with that. I got the feeling she knew what she wanted, and some reason it was me. Beautiful, smart, funny and loving, I was just about hooked.

Monday at 4:00 I picked her up at her dorm, and we went to get something to eat. After we ate, she said she had left something at the dorm and need to go back, so we headed that way. I parked and thought I would be waiting in the car, but she grabbed my hand, and off we went. It was a coed dorm, so my presence didn't make any difference. We went up the stairs to her floor and proceeded to her suite. Her suite consisted of three bedrooms, with two girls in each bedroom and a main room den. When we went through the door to the suite, she yelled, "Man in the room!" to let her suite mates know of my presence.

I walked through the door to her room, and she ducked into the bathroom and hit the mouthwash. Contrary to my room, hers was neat and clean. When she came out, I was standing in the middle of the room. She came up to me, leaned in, put her arms around me with her hand behind my head and pulled me to her.

Kissing me, she walked me backward until I felt the back of my leg hit the bed. She pulled back and pushed me backward. As I bounced on the bed, she lay down beside me and snuggled. We had laid there kissing a few minutes when she whispered in my ear, "Aren't you going to take my clothes off?" Well, I got busy taking off her blouse, unhooking her bra and letting the girls loose. They were spectacular, perfectly shaped, firm, borderline B-C, with perky nipples.

My mouth was drawn to them. I heard her start breathing in short breaths, gasping as my tongue flicked at her nipples. While I started to unbutton and unzip her jeans, she reached over and grabbed my hard cock, and kissed me. When her jeans were free, she lifted her hips for me to pull them down. Her legs took them the rest of the way. Just lying there in her panties, she started taking off my shirt. Now I'm not a jock, but I do have abs and a flat stomach. After the shirt was free, she played with my nipples. Her hot breath excited me as she continued to kiss me.

I took my pants off. I was just lying there with a hard, erect cock, and a smile on my face, when she said, "Nice cock," grabbed it, and brought it into her mouth. Not saying that I had a lot of experience with this, plus I hadn't had any sex in quite some time, but she was not only blowing my cock, but also my mind. It was absolutely wonderful how she twisted my shaft while rimming my head. I could feel my blood-engorged tip swell. My hips rose to fuck her face with my cock diving deeper in her mouth. I could feel the cum start to rise in me which would definitely ruin the evening, so I pulled out.

I pulled up over her as my dick brushed her stomach. I started licking and sucking her right tit while kneading her left, then switched.

She lifted her hips and pulled her panties down. There is nothing sexier than a woman seductively pulling her panties down slowly showing her mound, then her shaved slit. She was alluringly beautiful.

I didn't need to be telepathic to know what she wanted me to do. She spread her legs and I started kissing and licking her inner thighs. As my tongue reached her vaginal lips, I could hear a little 'whoosh' come from her mouth. My tongue rimmed her lips, and when my tongue parted her, I got my first little upper thrust from her hips. My tongue found her labia, delved deep, and flicked, bring a second little thrust. Her hands started caressing the back of my neck bring me harder against her.

When my tongue was just to the right of her clit, I heard her say, "There, right there." I started alternating right side, left side and then the clit, which produced the first hard thrust knocking me off my target. I went back to the same spot and got a similar response. She quivered as I put my middle finger in her cunnie and flicked it to find her g-spot. She wasn't just moist, she was flooding. I licked at her labia just to taste her sweet juices. I went back up, licked beside her clit, curled my finger in her, and then sucked on her clit. Her head slammed to her chest and her toes curled as several small orgasms ripped through her in rapid secession.

As she settled back, she pulled at the back of my head, pulling me to her waiting lips for a long, passionate kiss. Her hands moved down my body until she felt my hard, throbbing cock and guided it to her pussy. With one hand holding it in place, she placed the other hand on my ass and pulled me into her. Just the entry was more than I had ever experienced with any other. The soft silky sides were well-lubricated and stimulated my head, sending bolts of sensations back up my shaft. She held me within her, refusing to let my cock go, squeezing as I drew back.

It was apparent that I wasn't her first, but that was a fleeting thought, and one I never thought of, nor cared about it again.

Both of us moaned as I started grinding, round pumps stimulating her clit as well as pulling in and out of her pussy. After about the fifth or six stoke, she put her knees beside me and started thrusting and another nearly inaudible sound came from her. Things got hot, quick. I could tell she was headed to her orgasm when I saw her head bob down onto her chest again. She also grabbed the back of her thighs and pulled up, almost touching her chest. She put her mouth to my ear and said, "Cum in me baby, cum in me," which intensified my thrust.

Her eyes rolled back as an excruciating look came over her face, which was soon replaced with a look of extreme pleasure and peace. Her muscles constricted around my cock with a force that milked the cum out of me. I felt my cock expand and contract as I flooded her, six or seven strong streams shooting from me, more than I can ever remember previously.

As I collapsed on top of her, we didn't speak, just gasped for air. Her stomach muscles still constricted even after I withdrew and rolled off, lying at her side. A flood of her juices and my cum ran down her butt, puddling on her bed. She spoke the first word: "Damn!"

She curled to my side with her arm over my waist and hugged me. I leaned toward her and kissed her. Still, there was no talking, just hard, labored breathing, and the beating of hearts.

With her at my side, I could feel the cum run down the side of her leg. I got up, went to the bathroom, found a washcloth and brought it back to her. She said, "Aren't you the gentleman." She said for me to lie back down, she couldn't get up just yet. So, we cuddled.

We were buck naked on the bed when the door opened, and we heard her roommate say, "OOPS," and start backing out the door. Julia told her, "Give us five minutes." We weren't in a hurry, but we did get up. Julia went to the bathroom as I started getting dressed. When she was dressed and ready, we left the room.

Julia introduced me to her roommate, Jill, who was in the suite's den reading. By Jill's reaction, I got the distinct feeling that this wasn't the first occurrence of her interrupting Julia's sex; maybe it was even a regular occurrence.

We went to the lobby of the dorm and Julia said she had to go to the bathroom again. She came out, grabbed my left arm with both of her arms and whispered, "You must have filled me up, it's still coming out," and laughed as we left the dorm.

We walked with no destination in mind. She was still holding onto my arm and now jabbering like a giddy schoolgirl, laughing and talking like we had known one another all of our lives. We haven't been apart since. We have gone out with friends and family, to parties and dinners, but nothing is better than when it was just us. Oh, yeah - there was sex. We made a pact that when she or I was in the mood, it didn't matter if it was in a closet or the library, back seat of a car, or on her mother's kitchen counter, we would have sex. It was exciting and intense. She always rocked my world. We were married the summer after our graduation.

All of that sex practice produced a daughter, Lindsey, just short of our second anniversary. We were proud parents and doted over her. To our surprise, Becky was born the day of our fourth anniversary. Even though she was a surprise, she was welcomed with open arms and we wouldn't change things for the world. Although no home life could be deemed to be perfect, we could be pictured as the typical urban family.

Before graduation from UNC, I received and accepted a job offer from Bank of America. I was to be trained as a commercial lender which fits well with my major in financial management. Not bad for a good 'ole southern boy.

I was shocked that I was sought by several Fortune 500 companies, which was contrary to my belief in myself. I always felt that I was just not good enough. I was a lightweight for the football and basketball teams. My height of 5'11" was fine, but I was a lightweight at 155 pounds with no speed or coordination. I always joked that I had a 'sleek, panther-like body' because I was rather fit but had no abilities at sports. I was good at my studies, and that is where I excelled.

I spent six years with Bank of America, being trained and working in several commercial lending areas.

I was working on a very large loan, one that had an insurance/annuity company as a lending partner. After the loan was closed, the insurance company was so impressed with my work that they offered me a job. I'd always thought I would be a lifer with BOA, but the insurance company just about doubled my salary and took away the risk of constant relocation that existed with BOA. Stability in my work and home life was and is important to me.

I have been here eighteen years, and through the retirement of others and attrition, I've risen to be the Division President. This has been a meteoric rise; a real lucky one for me. The title doesn't normally come to one my age. I have worked hard and long hours to get here. I always thought I was doing it to give my family a better lifestyle. Well, at least that's what I thought.

All was well until it wasn't. I now think often of those times back at UNC when Julia and I first met and the incredible amount of hot sex. And the births of our girls, all the dance recitals and softball games we attended for the girls. Well, that was then, and this is now. You don't know how good you have it until it's gone, and it has been gone for quite some time. It has been several months since we last had sex. It's not that I haven't tried.

-------

While I continued driving, I thought, 'I'm not lily-white in this relationship'. My job has always been my mistress, and until two months ago, I'd never romantically kissed another woman.

In that regard, Kelly Woodward, a thirty-three-year-old beauty with emerald green eyes, is married and a mother of two. She joined our company about a year ago as our Marketing Director. Her responsibilities include overseeing our advertising program, our customer calling program, customer retention, client and sales entertainment programs.

As a member of our management team, Kelly regularly attends all of the sales, management meetings, and entertainment functions that I do. In fact, her department arranges most of the entertainment events. Several months ago, I noticed that in the management and sales meetings Kelly was always seated beside me. In all of the company and client entrainment functions, I was always paired with Kelly. Not that I minded, Kelly is a drop-dead gorgeous blond, about 5'4" with I would say are 34C+ perfectly formed breasts. Recently while talking with Kelly at entertainment functions or while sitting in a meeting, Kelly stood or sat what I would consider being a little too close. Then when seated and talking with me, she would touch my arm and look directly into my eyes. It seemed that when she was around me, she would purposely bend forward, giving me a shot at her bra-covered boobs. About three months ago, we were sitting in a daylong meeting and I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Down her loose necked top I could see the top of her breast as she had on a demi bra. When she came back from lunch, she was braless. I know she caught me staring several times and each time she would look up at me and smile. Again, I didn't mind because I liked what I perceived was her flirting and it did something for my ego.