Out of the Ashes Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lyssa. Show your new sisters their quarters. It is time they get to know their new family," Margaret said, still smiling from the depths of her heart at Lucilla who shone brighter than ever.

"Aye, my king," the commander returned and issued orders as queenmother, Sybilla and Alexia came to embrace Margaret.

"You did it," Alexia said before kissing Margaret with all the strength that was left in her pale body.

"We did it..." Margaret said and faced kingmother, towering half a foot above even her and smiled. "Just like you said it."

"I am just playing my part, Margaret," Anastasia said and despite her new armour and duty never felt more like a mother to the young king.

"Still, I wonder, will this be the end of her troubles?" Sybilla asked and pointed at the northern entrance. "What stops her from revolting now?"

Anastasia's smile grew wider when Euridike grabbed her hand and completed the circle of a family unbroken.

"Her honour, my child. There was a day when Theresa had to choose between her wife and their unborn daughter or me. She chose what her honour dictated her and what was for the greater good. She would never spill the blood of her people... she will not break her oath, she never would," Anastasia said.

Margaret heard the story a dozen times in preparation for today but it never failed to fill her heart with sadness. What a tragedy it was that such a woman could turn this cold, but never did she hear a reason more justified.

"This turned her heart to stone. A life married to a kingdom, without love or able to give love. What a shame," Margaret said in sad tone.

"Many of us were guilty of this in the past," Anastasia said, very well knowing what these words meant, "to lose sight of the most important things in life. To the people that matted most. But some of us are hopefully able to find that spark again. And maybe one day our mistakes will be forgiven."

Margaret smiled and so did Sybilla who immediately noticed the meaning of their mother's words and came to embrace the armour of the woman that just dropped the one she carried throughout all their childhood.

"This day... is today, Mother," Margaret said.