Out of the Friend Zone

Story Info
Renesmee and Jayson leave the friend zone.
2.8k words
3.82
5.6k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

******Out Of The Friend Zone******

Renesmee had only been at her new job a few months when she struck up a friendship with one of the guys where she worked, albeit in a different department - she was a health care assistant and he worked down in catering. But they saw each other a lot throughout the working day. After about 6 months, her friendship with Jayson changed. They had become so close and the flirting began...

But it was complicated; Renesmee lived with her 2 kids and her abusive alcoholic ex, who wouldn't just move out, and he made her life a misery. He'd take everything off her. Still, it didn't stop her having a thing for Jayson - she fancied the arse off him. She didn't plan on it happening. It just did; Jayson just made her feel safe, and happy. But she didn't know about his long term girlfriend, who didn't really trust him at all and she never really asked him about his personal life. She only found out about her months later. But despite that, Renesmee let her wall down and could easily open up to Jayson, where she couldn't with anyone else. Jayson always knew how to bring her out of her bad or sad moods without even trying. He just knew how and he'd soon have her smiling and laughing again. Like the time he said he could make her smile in half hour, and her sassy comeback was too quick, told him if he could only go for half hour, then he was "no good for her" and she was laughing, with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes!

Because of her ex's abusive ways, Renesmee had little to no confidence in herself. But Jayson somehow brought it out in her, and her confidence in herself began to increase until she was almost who she once was, before she met her alcoholic ex. Renesmee knew there was something special about Jayson, and even though she fancied him like crazy - and he wasn't usually her usual type; Her type was tattooed, tall, dark and Irish, like the frontman Danny O'Donoghue of The Script, her favourite band - she didn't want anything to happen to jeopardise what she had with him.

Their flirting was getting more intense and the attraction between them was too strong to fight before things changed again. Things between them wouldn't be the same again. He had started to invade her dreams at night and it dawned on her that she loved him, really loved him. Her dreams made her want him more, and longed for his touch in ways that they had always been able to control. But she knew by now that he had a long term girlfriend and there was no way he could ever know her true feelings for him, no matter how much she wanted him to know, how much she wanted to tell him. She was afraid that it would ruin what they already had.

Almost everyone at work knew the kind of friendship they had, and how close they were. Only one of the girls would know just how close they would eventually be, and would know the true depth of Renesmee's feelings for Jayson.

Renesmee had now been working there for almost 2 years when she suddenly had to take almost 3 months off work. This was due to her alcoholic, abusive ex having a stroke and she had to somehow keep it together for her 2 kids' sake. Oh! how desperately she missed seeing Jayson daily. He was constantly in her thoughts. But she did not dare message him on Facebook cause of knowing it could have caused issues for him with his untrusting girlfriend. So she left it and when she finally returned to work, the second they saw each other again after 3 months, both their faces lit up and their eyes sparkled and shone. He too, had missed her just as much as she had him.

It wasn't even long before they were back to their flirtatious ways, which had become so much more intense after her 3 month absence from work. It was like they'd never been apart. The sexual, flirtatious innuendos they threw at each other kept pushing them closer to crossing that line, crossing the boundaries of the friend zone. It was only a matter of time before it would eventually happen. It had been well over 2 years of flirting between them now.

Renesmee had now almost been working there 3 years and for most of that time, 2 and a half years of it, the attraction had become far too electrified to control anymore for them, that they gave in and moved out of the friend zone.

That was to happen one evening. Renesmee had to go down to kitchen for something, and they were just talking, nothing flirtatious about it this time, when he saw she wasn't quite herself. So he pulled her into his arms and gave her one of his hugs that she loved, and out of nowhere, she just started to cry. He asked her why she was crying and she just couldn't say what she wanted to say. He held her tighter and said how easy it would be for him to take advantage of her right there and then. Instead of letting it happen, Renesmee pulled away and went and splashed some cold water on her face. She then went and stood in front of the work tops and waited for him to come back out of the storeroom. When he did, he just walked straight over to where she was and peeked down her tunic. Renesmee surprised both of them by saying go on then. She was at that point, back to her normal self. Jayson took her hand and lead her back into the storeroom...

There he unzipped her tunic and she let his hands wander. They both knew what they were doing and what exactly it was they both wanted. Renesmee pulled back just enough, and finally, after so long of their flirting, their lips touched and they were finally kissing full on. Renesmee's arms were around him and he held her in his. Their first kiss seemed to go on and on. Her heart felt like it was fit to bursting with happiness.

Finally they broke apart and she knew she really had to go back to the unit she was working on. She left the kitchen with a huge smile on her face, and she was in a little shock that this had finally happened, something she wanted for so long. Before the end of her shift, she somehow made excuses, volunteered in fact, to go back down to kitchen another 3 times, partly just to see what would happen. Each time though, the same thing happened. There was a risk though that someone could catch them, but it didn't seem to stop them or did they seem to care. They knew what they wanted; They knew what they had signed up for, of the complications involved. They had left the friend zone.

That night, Renesmee just couldn't sleep. Images of what had happened between herself and Jayson replayed in her mind on repeat. That night, when she did finally fall asleep, her dreams were of him and hotter than any other dreams she had had about him.

The next day, she'd only been at work, on late shift, 15 minutes, when she was asked if she was busy. She said no, and got asked to go to kitchen. She knew he was in work and she was excited that she'd see him so soon into her shift, but knew there'd be no chance of any stolen moments as he'd be busy with clearing up after the lunch rush. Plus he'd not be alone, other kitchen staff would be around. The second she walked in, their eyes met, both having the same glow in them. Looking directly in his eyes, she made a comment, that only he would understand, that she found it difficult to sleep the night before. The smart arse that he was, replied with good! He knew exactly what she was relaying to him without giving anything away of what had happened between them the evening before.

Later in the afternoon, Jayson went up onto the floor she was working on, looking for her. He asked if she had her lighter on her, to which she said no, but it was in her bag. They walked down the unit, acting their old former usual casual selves, when he asked why she couldn't sleep the night before. To which she replied that he knew why. He asked again, and again she said he knew why. He replied that later he'd give her another reason for another sleepless night that night, which she asked if it was to be a repeat performance of the evening before. She got her lighter out her bag and told him to hold on to it and she'd get it when she went on her own break later on. Of course that was an excellent excuse to just be able to go down to kitchen to see him.

It was time for her break and she detoured down to kitchen to get her lighter back. They did sneak in a quick kiss as she only had 15 minutes for her break and she needed a cigarette. She cut her break short by 5 minutes just so she could go down again. Her excuse was to offer him her lighter again as she knew he'd only come up to ask her for it. Again she said to hang onto it and she'd collect it later on before he left for the day. Around 6.45pm, she took out the clinical waste and on her way back in, saw the senior health care assistant that was on, on the floor she was working on that day. She told the senior she had to go down to see Jayson to get her lighter back.

Down she went to kitchen and the second she walked in, he went straight to her and kissed her right in front of the door, knowing anyone could have shown up at that time. Then he pulled her into the storeroom and he wrapped his arms around her and they were kissing full on. It was like they had both waited all day for that moment that they could at least have some time alone, even if it was risky.

They agreed that it would have to be a complicated relationship cause of the facts it was an in-work thing and he did have a long term girlfriend. She reassured him she was fine with it and could handle it, that she had once before been in a similar relationship years ago. She was prepared to have him any way she could have him, and she told him this, unless one day he wanted something more serious between them.

She had 4 days off coming up and they didn't know how they'd get through those 4 days of not seeing each other. So she suggested of going over to work towards the end of his shift one evening, even though they'd only manage an hour and a half together, while he finished up clearing up after the evening meal rush.

The evening she snuck over to work, her oldest babysat for her, like she did when Renesmee was working. Renesmee arrived at work a bit earlier than planned and he was rushing through things to be done, just so he'd have the remaining time left of his shift with her. She waited in the kitchen office for him to be done. He was done in record time. He shut the kitchen down and locked the door, and went into the office to her, and closed the door behind him...

It didn't take long before she was sat on his lap and they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Renesmee didn't know how they were able to control themselves from actually fucking right there in the office. But she wanted to, yet she didn't mention it. Even though they didn't fuck then, he didn't disappoint in everything else that happened and she knew that when they eventually did, he wouldn't fail in his lovemaking and would take her to heights she'd never been before. They were both happy and admitted how they both wanted it to happen for months, and Renesmee confessed how she'd fancied him for 2 years. But he already knew it, and told her how he knew. They'd now been seeing each other a few weeks.

Back at work now, after her 4 days off, and one of the girls, Melissa who was like a sister to both Renesmee and Jayson, commented that Renesmee seemed different, she was glowing, happy. Renesmee admitted that it was cause she was seeing someone, but it was complicated and said why without saying it was also an in-work thing. She didn't say who she was seeing straight away. Eventually she told her who it was and said it had to be kept quiet, that nobody could know. She knew she could trust her with the secret. Melissa even knew the true depth of Renesmee's feelings for Jayson, how she truly felt about him, yet he could never know. Melissa swore she'd say nothing to anyone and Renesmee knew she wouldn't and the secret would remain protected. Melissa did though, appear shocked and excitedly demanded to know how it happened and how long it had been going on, but she was happy for them both. In fact, Jayson also went on to tell Melissa about them himself too, also getting Melissa to promise not to let the secret out. Neither knew that the other had confided in Melissa, not straight away anyway.

Months passed, and they took advantage of every opportunity to grab stolen moments at work, and on some of her days off, she'd still make sneaky trips over to work to see him in the evenings. Sometimes though, during the day, she'd even just drop in with her daughter, just for a visit. Renesmee's 16 year old daughter knew and had begged her to let her meet Jayson, so she took her with her just so she could meet him, and later on told Renesmee that she liked him, really liked him. Her daughter was hard to get approval from, yet she liked Jayson from the offset as she saw how happy he made her mum and she encouraged her to tell him how she really felt for so long.

Before she did it, there was one thing she knew that she had to do, and she was dreading it. That was to tell her ex, who had recovered well from his stroke, but was now residing in a care home himself. His stroke had made him realise how much he had lost through alcohol and it changed him. He was more peaceful, quiet, the opposite of what he had once been. But still, she thought that he'd blow up over it. But she knew she had to tell him about her relationship with Jayson. Her ex was surprisingly understanding about it and accepted it, telling her that he understood that she had to go on with her life and he was thankful that she still stuck around, offering to be his carer as and when suitable accommodation was found for him. He even also encouraged her to tell Jayson her true feelings.

With her ex and daughter's encouragement, she decided that he had to finally know how she really felt about him. She was anxious about doing it in case it caused their relationship to end. She didn't want that and he was still with his untrusting girlfriend. She had no idea how to even try and bring it up. But somehow she did, she told him. She told him outright that for almost as long as she'd fancied the arse off him, she had loved him and hoped that it wasn't going to change anything, but she wanted him to know.

As it turned out, she had absolutely nothing to be anxious about, as he admitted that he felt the same. He then told her he had made a decision himself, that he now wanted something more serious with her, that he was going to leave his long term girlfriend. This shocked Renesmee as she would never, ever have asked him to do that. But he was completely sure that it was what he wanted, completely sure that he wanted Renesmee in all ways. He no longer wanted to keep their relationship a secret anymore. He wanted her, he wanted to be with her! With their true feelings now confessed to each other, he pulled her into his arms, held her close and tightly in the way he knew she always loved and looked her in the eyes, said the words before kissing her and she felt the depth of his love for her ran as deep as her's for him. She would no longer go to sleep alone at night, with just her dreams cause he would be right there beside her and that was better than any dream.

*************************************