Out of the Shadows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, my fucking goodness, James. What got into you?"

Grinning, he tells me he knows what got into me!

I don't think I had ever been this wiped out, in my life. Looking into my lovers eyes, I just couldn't believe my good fortune. A few tears appeared, causing me to tell my love, they were tears of pure joy.

As our wedding day neared, both my future mother in law and sister in law came to town, and stayed with us. In person, they looked even more like each other, than on the computer screen.

To say my mother and Juanita hit it off, was the understatement of the year. Hector truly enjoyed James' family, and the extra time conversing in Spanish. With just two days before becoming Mrs. Wilson, a very serene calmness came over me. Something I could not ever remember experiencing. Ever. I hope my criminal father and the woman who impersonated my mother for 17 years, are looking down, knowing how well I had survived their horrible parenting.

Epilogue: With our amazing wedding behind us, my work with this new nonprofit was so fulfilling. James found a very nice position with an up and coming young firm. Just over five months after our wedding, and a couple of months off my pills, I wasn't feeling particularly well, when I realized I was late. Two months late. Yes, I ran to my doctor, who told me I was pregnant. When I texted my love, I could almost hear his scream of joy from the 10 miles away from me. We knew we were having a boy, so I told James, in no uncertain terms, he was going to be Byron James Wilson. End of discussion.

Just as I was beginning to think little Byron didn't want to join mommy and daddy, I felt his coming out time was here. About 4 in the morning, one Saturday, I started feeling like my body was ready to explode.

As quickly and safely as possible, we made our way to our local hospital. With James right by my side for just over 3 hours of labor, Byron James Wilson entered our lives. 7 pounds 2 ounces, and 19 inches long. His head of dark brown, curly hair was barely visible.

I was so tired, I could barely hold my head up, trying to see what the nurses were doing. Each little cry he let loose with sounded like 'mommy' to me.

When they put him on my chest, with his dark brown eyes staring up at me, I just sobbed a huge hello, baby, I'm your mommy and this wonderful man is your daddy.

When the nurses put him next to my bed, in his little bassinet, it took me about 25 seconds to be sound asleep. James did the photo sending to his family, back in Denver, and my mom was waiting to come into my room to see her grandson. Yes my mom, at 39 years of age was a grandma. After hugging my husband and giving our son a little kiss, she moved to the side of my bed, kissed me on my forehead and told me how much she loved me.

Taking us home the following afternoon, we were met by Hector and their three kids. My sisters just kept saying how cute he was, while Oscar, who was starting to walk just stood next to where I was sitting, holding Byron in my arms, and patting him on the back of his hand.

We could all see they would make great playmates, in the future.

Would we have more kids? Yes, if I have any say in the matter. Not only to prove to myself I could be a great mother, but I found I truly loved children. We would give ourselves a little time to recover from and enjoy Byron to the fullest.

My foundation work was being done from home, and James was well on his way, doing mergers and acquisitions for his new firm.

As the old saying goes, it doesn't get much better than this.