All Comments on 'Out of Tragedy'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lovely story.

A bit rushed near the end, but still quite enjoyable. 5 stars. I've always been a big fan of yours!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yes, 9/11 was traumatic to so many, glad it got some together.

My experience:

I could tell you of that morning: no one close killed,

but still a damn near thing, with a broken jaw, a broken ear, a broken head,

two weeks in coma with no one the wiser,

and that was just my wife's brother.

My son, down there that day, freaking out,

called to say he'd survived. I then turned on the TV,

just in time to see the second tower fall.

He was a little uptown, thank the lord, so had had a head start.

There is yet a poorly patched hole in the wallboard upstairs from that day,

from the second plane (my foot as proxy), whose wing wheel nearly smeared

my son's friend's life into those mean streets downtown.

Close, and close enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Christmas Story

Since this is Literotica, perhaps a little more prurient content would be in order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another gem ....

.... from one of the best writers on this site. I challenge all readers to find another story on Literotica with the word "chiaroscuro" in it!

When I started dating the lady who would become my wife, she had recently lost her brother to an illness. A few years after we married, we got a dog whom we named ...Chelsea. I'm from Maryland originally. And I can tell you where we were and what we were doing on 9/11/2001.

My wife died a few years ago. I believe that she is my guardian angel now, and that we met because we were supposed to -- in this life, in our previous lives, and in lives to come.

Thank you for writing. You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it!

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

Thanks, I needed that slice of emotion and pace that warms the heart

No1_OfConsequenceNo1_OfConsequenceabout 3 years ago
Lest we forget

"Lord of Hosts, be with us yet, lest we forget..." Rudyard Kipling

9/11/2001. My family avoided losing my uncle twice. The building where he worked was destroyed that day, and he boarded a United Flight for the west coast an hour behind the hijacked planes. As you can imagine, my grandmother was a bit concerned that morning. Panicked may be too strong a word, but not by much.

I joined the USMC in March of 2001, as a delayed entry. I made it through boot camp in April of 2002. Last month marked 19 years in uniform for me.

Unfortunately in this day of cancel culture and a lack of forgiveness for even the slightest sin, real or imagined, we have forgotten. We have forgotten that life is fragile. We have forgotten that America has implacable enemies who have no morals as we understand them and are working in the shadows to attack us.

Fear has become a virtue in America, for the first time in our history. We have made ourselves prisoners in our own homes and wearing a mask that is of extremely marginal utility (I'm being very charitable here) has become a signal of civic virtue.

The main organizers of the attacks on 9/11/2001 have been killed or captured, but their cause lives on. We have made ourselves vulnerable once again.

Thank you for the story. In tragedy, it is often hard to find hope. But on occasion hope finds us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...