Over Here

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you sure you are going to be alright?" Colette asked Katie.

"Of course I will." Laughed Katie, "I have lived on my own before you know. Anyway Kevin will be staying over whenever he can, I'll be fine."

She hugged her friend and saw them out of the front door. She was not seeing them off at the station, her morning sickness was tending to last throughout most of the day, and she needed to lie down and rest.

Later that evening, Kevin let himself into the house, and found Katie asleep on the settee. He covered her over with a blanket, and set to making her a meal. Katie woke to the smell of cooking and at once reached for a bowl, into which she was sick.

Kevin was instantly by her side, rubbing her back and making sympathetic noises. She was having a really rough time at the moment, hardly able to keep any food down.

"Do you think you could eat a little dinner?" He asked her. Katie shook her head.

"I could do with a drink though, could you get we some weak, sweet tea please?"

"Sure, honey, I'll just get some for you."

When Kevin returned with the tea, he had some ginger biscuits on a plate.

"Thanks, Kevin, but I really couldn't eat anything."

"They are ginger." Kevin explained. "I spoke to the doctor on the base, he said ginger is a natural remedy for sickness, will you at least try?"

Katie tentatively nibbled on a biscuit. Along with the sweet tea, she managed to keep the biscuit down.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. You look exhausted." He picked her up and carried her up to bed. He helped her undress and tucked her in.

"I'll be back in a minute." He told her.

He went down stairs and took Hamish out for a walk. When he came back in, he locked up the house.

He went upstairs, undressed and got into bed beside Katie. Kevin curled up behind her in his favourite position. Slipping an arm around her waist, he laid his hand tenderly over the gentle swell of her stomach, and they both drifted of into a contented sleep.

Chapter Twenty-Two

When Katie woke up in the morning she was violently sick. She had never felt so wretched. Kevin awoke to the sound of her heaving stomach, which was now empty, but still she could not stop the spasms.

"I think you should see the Doctor again." He urged her.

"It is no use, he says it is perfectly normal, and that it will stop soon." Katie replied miserably. "I don't think I can go to work today, could you let Mr Dixon-Smith know, please?"

"Of course I will." Kevin looked sympathetically at his fiancé. "Let me get you a cup of tea and then I will go up to the farm and let them know."

Kevin went downstairs and made a pot of tea. Placing the tea on a tray with some of the ginger biscuits, he took it back upstairs.

"I won't be long," He told her, "I will take Hamish for a walk while I am out."

"O.K." She replied weakly as she sipped her tea. Remembering how she was able to keep down the ginger biscuits the previous evening, she nibbled on one.

Kevin put Hamish into the Jeep and drove up to the farm. Mr Dixon-Smith was not very happy; Katie had a real way with the cows, and now with both Colette and Katie not at work he was going to have to do the milking himself, it was too late to call in one of the other land girls. Grumbling he made his way off to the cowshed.

"How is Katie?" Asked Mrs Dixon-Smith. "Not too bad I hope."

"I am getting worried about her." Admitted Kevin. "She is hardly able to keep any food down at the moment."

"Just a moment..." She vanished into the nearby pantry and came out with a stone jar. "Take this," she said to Kevin, " I made some chicken soup yesterday, and maybe she will be able to keep it down."

"Thank you," Kevin accepted the soup gratefully, had Nick been here he would have asked him to make something for Katie, but as he was away at the moment.... "I am sure Katie will be very grateful for this. I am afraid cooking is not one of my strong points."

"Give her my love, and Kevin...if she is not able to keep that soup down, make sure she gets to the doctor, O.K?"

"I will." Kevin promised. He put the jar in the Jeep and put a lead on Hamish and took him across one of the nearby fields.

Hamish had not had many good long walks recently, and he set off at great speed as soon as the lead was taken of, he darted around the field in search of rabbits, ever hopeful of catching one but never successful.

Kevin arrived back home. He crept up stairs and quietly looked into the bedroom, Katie was once more asleep. So he crept back downstairs and put the soup on a low heat to warm through.

It was Sunday and he did not need to go to the Air base today. He tidied up the lounge and kitchen as the soup warmed through. Poor Katie was just too tired and sick to really do much except lie down and rest.

Eventually he heard sounds of movement upstairs, and footsteps coming down. He smiled as her pale face looked into the kitchen.

"Something smells good." She grinned at him. "Have you been cooking?"

"Your boss's wife gave this to me, for you." He told her as he slipped his arms around her and gave her a hug. "How are you feeling? Do you think you will be able to eat some of this?"

"I feel a bit better actually, so yes I will try some, please."

Kevin poured the soup into two bowls for them and took it over to the table. It was delicious, and they both enjoyed it. Kevin was glad to see Katie regain some colour in her cheeks. He was worried about her. He was fairly sure that something was imminent at the Air base, they had not been told anything specific, but there was a definite air of expectation, about the place. He didn't like leaving Katie for any length of time.

The bombing raids continued as they had done for weeks. Mainly their targets were aimed at transport routes, trying to cause the enemy as many problems as they could.

Kevin wasn't allowed to tell Katie the details of the raids, and if she was honest, she didn't want to know. The thought of all those innocent people getting killed broke her heart. Ordinary people just trying to go about their daily lives, getting caught up in this terrible war. She never voiced her thoughts of course; she knew it was worse for Kevin, knowing he was responsible for the deaths of innocent men, women and children. He had to block out those thoughts, and think of the bigger picture.

Kevin cleared away the dishes, and they spent a quiet day at home together. Katie even managed a walk in the fresh air around mid afternoon. She found it made her feel a lot better generally, and vowed to try to get a bit more exercise on a regular basis.

They spent the next couple of weeks enjoying each other's company, as much as they could around Kevin's work.

The bombing raids were relentless, day after day cutting off supply lines and roads. It was obvious that something was about to happen; the Air base was abuzz with rumours. When the senior officers became aware of the rumours, they were all called to a meeting, where they were reminded about "careless talk". They were informed that something was being planned but they were forbidden to discuss it with anyone. Not even their wives and girlfriends.

Colette and Nick arrived home by train. They were both rested and relaxed. Colette was so happy to have seen her family again; it had been a long time since she had seen some of them.

As she unpacked their bags, Katie walked by her room.

"Katie...how are you? You look very pale to me." She was immediately concerned about her friend.

"Oh, I'm actually beginning to feel a lot better now." Katie smiled. "Now I am about 5 months pregnant I don't feel so sick anymore, actually, I feel generally very well."

"I am glad you are feeling better, you were so sick when I left."

"Kevin discovered ginger helped, and now I think I have just got passed that sickly stage, I am very pleased to say. I now feel I have a lot more energy."

Katie tenderly stroked her hand over her gently rounded stomach, a lot of people wouldn't even notice she was pregnant yet, she was looking forward to feeling it kick. Sometimes she would lie quietly, hand on stomach trying to see if she could feel the baby moving yet. "Soon" she thought, as she smiled to herself.

Colette watched her friend walk away. She had never seen her looking so happy and content.

Nick was straight back to training hard. He liked the way his body had changed. He was more muscular now, slimmer and firmer than before. He had continued to exercise while they were in Liverpool; he wanted to keep up his fitness level. Even so, he did find the training hard.

They were now training with full equipment and weapons. Up to 80 pounds of kit they had to carry, it was exhausting, but when the time came they would have to carry all their own supplies with them.

There was a nervous excitement amongst the men, especially the younger ones; they were all ready for action at last. It was obvious that something was going to happen soon.

As Nick was on his way home that evening, a jeep pulled up beside him.

"Hey Nick, want a ride home?" It was Kevin.

On the way home, Kevin told Nick something he had heard that day.

"I happened to hear two senior officers talking, you must keep this to yourself Nick O.K.?"

"Yes of course." Nick replied, curious,

"The invasion is imminent, they are going to confine us to barracks very soon, they are concerned about all the talk, and by confining us to barracks they can help to stop the rumours."

A shiver of nervous excitement ran down Nick's spine. But then he remembered Colette.

"You can't say anything to Colette." Kevin said, reading Nick's mind. "Just make the most of the time you have with her. This is going to be hard on the girls."

Nick nodded thoughtfully; he wasn't planning on saying anything to Colette. He knew how upset she would be.

The men arrived home, where they all ate dinner together.

"Do you want to go down the pub?" Asked Colette.

"That would make a nice change." Replied Katie.

"No thank you." Said the men together. The girls looked at each other in surprise, they hadn't gone out as a foursome for a drink for ages now.

"I just feel like staying home with you tonight." Nick smiled at Colette.

"O.K. then," She shrugged her shoulders.

"In fact," He gave her that wicked grin of his. "How about an early night?"

"Nick, you are terrible!" She admonished him, playfully. Then grabbing his hand she said. "O.K, come on." As she dragged him giggling up the stairs.

They tumbled onto the bed together laughing and tugging at each other's clothes. Colette loved Nick's new physique; she ran her hands over his hard muscles, admiringly.

"I must admit you do look good on this training regime." She told him as she stripped him naked. "You feel so firm and...mmmm."

Nick captured her mouth with his.

"Stop talking woman, and make love to me." He ordered her playfully.

Colette eagerly obeyed orders.

Chapter Twenty-Three

Katie cleared the dishes and Kevin began washing them, the sounds of giggling could be heard from above, it was contagious, and Katie couldn't help laughing too.

Kevin placed the last plate on the draining board and turned to her. He took her face in his hands.

"You're beautiful when you laugh."

"Only when I laugh?" She teased.

"No, you are always beautiful, butespecially when you laugh." He bent his head and kissed her. "So...do you fancy an early night too?" She could feel his mouth grin as he kissed her.

It had been a while since they had last made love, because of her nausea; and she had missed their closeness. Looking up into his eyes, she slowly nodded.

She smiled as he took the tea towel from her and put it to one side. Taking her by the hand he led her upstairs to their room.

Very gently he began to remove her clothes, tenderly kissing each part of her body as it was exposed. He fell to his knees in front of her and gently laid his cheek against her swollen belly. She looked down at him, her heart swelled with her love for him.

"It is amazing to think that our child is growing in here." He said, with wonder in his voice.

Katie gave a little gasp, and Kevin held his hand against her stomach.

"Did you feel that?" Katie asked excitedly.

"Wow, yes, was that the baby kicking?"

Katie giggled and her eyes sparkled with tears of joy. She couldn't speak; she had felt her baby kick and Kevin had been there to feel it too. She was overwhelmed by her feelings.

Kevin stood, and picking her up he laid her in the bed. Having removed his own clothes he joined her. Taking her into his arms he began kissing her again.

Katie surrendered herself to his kisses. Their lovemaking was incredibly gentle and slow. Sensuously he trailed his tongue down her body. She squirmed as he hit her ticklish spot on her side, and he mischievously touched the same place on her other side, making her wriggle again.

"Kevin...that tickles, stop...oh..." Her words became moans as his mouth reached her moist folds, his tongue slowly circled her clitoris, and ever so gently he lapped at her.

Her fingers wove into his hair pulling him closer, " Oh.... Kevin...yes..."

As his tongue worked its magic, he slid one finger inside her, she was so wet and ready for him, he carefully moved over her, hesitating at her entrance.

"I can't hurt the baby can I?" He whispered softly in her ear.

"No sweetheart, it is quite safe." Katie brought his lips down to hers, her tongue teasing his mouth. He groaned as he slid into her and started a gentle rhythm.

They made love leisurely and passionately, it was very intense. She clung to him as he slowly moved himself in and out of her, keeping a tight control on himself, wanting to make it last as long as he could. She could feel all her muscles tensing; she was teetering on the edge, on the brink of ecstasy, she couldn't bear it any longer.

"Kevin...please..." She begged as her fingers dug into the flesh of his backside. Taking his weight onto his arms he began to move faster, driving them both towards their ultimate conclusion. As wave upon wave of delight shuddered through her body, she felt him come inside her, spilling his essence into her as he cried out her name.

They both eventually came back down to earth, gasping for air and holding each other tight. Kevin looked into her eyes and noticed them brimming with tears.

"Baby, what's wrong, did I hurt you?" He kissed away the tears as they fell down her cheeks, and he looked into her eyes with great concern.

"I just love you so much." Katie told him earnestly. "I never knew I could feel like this." Her feelings overwhelmed her as the tears fell from her eyes, and she clung to him as though she would never let him go.

"Oh baby, I love you too... so very much..." Kevin captured her lips in a tender kiss, and they snuggled in close together, and fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, the four of them all had breakfast together. Then the girls cleared away before kissing their men goodbye as they made their way to the Air base.

They turned back into the house, and prepared to get ready for work. Katie was now feeling much better and felt able to help Mrs Dixon-Smith around the farmhouse once again. Colette was still working outside, but would sometimes be asked to help Katie with some of the heavier indoor work. Today they were to take the rugs out onto the washing line and beat them. So Colette would be working alongside Katie all day.

The day passed by swiftly, they chatted as they worked. They enjoyed a good lunch with the farmer and his wife, and then continued to beat the rugs. They laughed as they pretended the rugs were people they did not like, and hit them hard with the beaters.

After a tiring day they took a slow walk home, and prepared some tea for their men. Then they sat down together chatting waiting for them to come home.

"They are a bit later tonight." Commented Colette.

"I am going to take Hamish for a walk before it gets too late." Katie said as she got up and fetched his lead.

"O.K. I'll stay here and wait for the men."

Katie made her way over the fields towards the perimeter fence. She had had an uneasy feeling all day. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she felt unnerved by something.

When she got to the fence surrounding the Airbase, she could see that the place was crowded with men. It seemed to be packed. At this time of the evening it was customary for a lot of the men to be in the pubs in the area. She was puzzled.

She recognised one of Kevin's crew and called out to him. Checking over his shoulder he made his way over to her.

"Alex, what's going on? Kevin hasn't come home yet, and the base looks full to capacity tonight."

"We are all confined to barracks." He told her checking over his shoulder once again. "I'll be in trouble if I am caught talking to you."

"Confined to barracks, why?"

"I'm sorry Katie, I can't tell you anything, but all I can say, is that by keeping us all on the base, they can make sure that we can't tell anyone anything that we shouldn't."

"Can you get Kevin for me, please?"

"I'm sorry," Alex could see one of his senior officers making the rounds. "I have to go, I'll tell Kevin that I saw you. Don't worry."

Then he quickly made his way back to his dormitory. Katie walked back home. What was she going to tell Colette?

She went indoors, and fed the dog.

"They're still not home." Colette called from the other room. Katie went through and sat down with her.

"I've just been up to the base. They are confined to barracks."

"What? Why?"

"To stop any "careless talk" I guess. I don't know for sure, Alex couldn't tell me, but my guess is, this invasion we have been hearing rumours about, is going to happen."

"Oh, no." Colette got up and grabbed her coat. "I have to go and find Nick."

"It's no use, they can't come out of the base, and you won't be allowed in to see him."

Colette looked beside herself, and Katie quickly put her arm around her and sat her down on the settee.

"I know, sweetie. I'm scared too" She was trying desperately to hold in her own tears.

This was it; all their preparations were over, the training and the planning. Very soon they would be off to the front. The girls could only imagine the dangers they were to face.

As Colette clung to her friend, sobbing her heart out, Katie laid one hand on her swollen stomach, thinking of the baby that she carried beneath her heart, and wondering what the future held for them.

Chapter Twenty Four

"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Forces: You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!