All Comments on 'Overdose Ch. 06'

by miaopus

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I thought he couldn’t lie?

In chapter two when she asked him to take her home he said he didn’t know how to return her to her world. But he clearly had suspicions. But since he had no facts at that time he did not lie during that scene.

However, later in chapter two there was a scene in which when he suggested forcing her to sleep with him you wrote her thoughts as “Fear is an icicle through my heart. I could imagine no hell worse than what he described. He must see it on my face because he softens, so quick I think I may have imagined it.” Then our fairy friend states aloud "Not even I'm that cruel." LIAR! What he just did to her in this chapter is far more cruel.

And no there is no way he doesn’t know the devastation and cruelty he just inflicted on her. If (as you wrote in chapter 4) her simple fears of being forced into something untoward caused her to consider suicide... “I stare at my finger and find it stained purple. At least I know now that, should it come to it, I have options.“. How much darker must her mental state be now.

Clearly he doesn’t know how to get her back. I’ll give you that and more to the point maybe he doesn’t want to know. But at least she had hope that she could return one day. Then today those hopes turned into brilliant dreams as she saw home in the river. Yes the ugly, Max occupied, drug filled, vile world that none the less to her is still home sweet home. But then, while he didn’t turn her into a horse to make her taller, he did masterfully show her why you never make a deal with the devil.

With a wicked callous grin on his face he uttered a few words whose only purpose and intent was to rip hope from her. And while he didn’t physically rape her (which supposedly would have been cruel), he does violate her will and psyche with cruelty beyond compare. And after the gains they made in chapter five this act is made ten times more violent as he happily locks her forever into his gilded cage.

Every day for eternity she will wake, walk to the river, kneel at the waters edge and stare longingly at what she needs and desires but can never have. Home, hope, freedom. The pain of each day magnified by knowing that Ash sat here at this same river’s edge looking out upon this same water but he was allowed to enter it and take what he needed.

I expect his second favor will be for her to forget she ever met him. Maybe he can do better the second time around.

But now that we, and she, and he, all know that fairies can lie, how will this new discovery affect him, her, and this world?

miaopusmiaopusalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Reply to Anonymous

I totally see where you are coming from, but Ashford did not actually lie for several reasons:

- Cruelty is subjective. He believes that forcing her to have sex with him is more cruel than forcing her to stay until he says otherwise, making his line - "Not even I'm that cruel" - still true, because it is the truth as based off his own subjective view of himself.

- When he says that he isn't that cruel, he is only referring to raping her. As in, "Not even I'm that cruel (to rape you)". It only applies to that specific situation. He never says he isn't cruel enough to force her to remain in Faerie, which he obviously is.

Hope that clears it up and sorry if my writing was a little ambiguous! My bad :)

Rud1GirlRud1Girlalmost 4 years ago

Your story - your subjective reality

This is one of the bestpice

Rud1GirlRud1Girlalmost 4 years ago

Sorry my comment poste

This

Rud1GirlRud1Girlalmost 4 years ago

OK hopefully my 3rd attempt will be better

Your story, your subjective reality

This is one of the best pieces I’ve read - I’m invested in both characters. Please continue to weave your magic ...

B1gt1ddyg0thgfB1gt1ddyg0thgfalmost 4 years ago
Reply to anon

Opinions aren't lies. Lies are the opposite of fact and an opinion isnt fact. They have already said faeries can mislead. If he honestly believed that he wasnt cruel enough to rape or force her then he wasn't lying when he said that. And cruelty is entirely subjective between different ppl and different scenarios. Maybe he knows if she goes back to the same point in time she'll die. She'll continue to overdose. Therefore stopping her would save her life and is entirely not cruel. Maybe he needs to find out how he got her across because it's a security flaw and all of faerie land is at risk from a mysterious foe if he doesntfigure it out first. Then again, hes not being cruel

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent.

I’m really enjoying this. Please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just love this series

Really enjoy the story as well as the rhythm you’ve built up. Really wish this could be a LONG series!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous