All Comments on 'Overly Familiar Ch. 03'

by marx810

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyabout 4 years ago
Awesome

That this was the end suprised me, but not in a bad way. I effing liked everything about this story, while I'd love more of overly familiar. I will respect your decision and see what you come up next..

ShadwMannShadwMannabout 4 years ago
Hook, line, and sinker...

So, I am fully invested in whatever this series turns into. Loving everything about it. The potential in this story is almost as endless as Matt's magic is implied. You can go damn near anywhere with it.

Initially I was going to say that you ended it too fast, but seeing as how this seemed to be a prequel to Matt's story (of sorts), it makes sense.

Honestly, I would be ok if the future stories written had more world building and story elements, so to speak. You've made a world with (again) potential to be world traveling for the characters and that has the ability to flesh out anything you had in your head that you wanted to expand on.

As far as what Matt looks like... I was thinking something along the lines of the stereotypical brown haired, blue eyes, Caucasian MC. He's both attractive, yet unassuming. The kind that you don't notice unless you take the time to REALLY look at him. And in my head-canon, he becomes more noticeably attractive the more he comes into his own.

As for whether or not you were subtle in what you wanted to achieve with this... I would say so. I didn't initially know until the mention of the number of the party came up, and I still wasn't sure until Mara asked her question at the end. So just subtle enough to make things work without tipping over.

So, Yea. Kudos to you again, good author. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I am eagerly waiting for your next installment to the series.

DamianthesilverwolfDamianthesilverwolfabout 4 years ago
Fanfreakintastic

I read all three of these and only loved each one more than the last. The ending of what they are was a bit obvious to those of us that have magical knowledge and understand biblical references. I still loved how they held it off though knowing he would probably be upset about his new destiny.

Ryanwood405Ryanwood405about 4 years ago

Amazing story .cant wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing!

This is a fucking masterpiece! Double meaning intended. The ending was a bit sharp, but the story was great. I was entranced every chapter since the beginning to the end. Looking forward to what you plan on writing in the future. Hopefully more will be coming soon in the Overly Familiar story.

I did miss the reference you made about the 3 familiars, Matt and the "War Horse"? Does it have something to do with the Unbreakable movie?

Also since you asked the question, I thought that Corrupted Desire is a great story for many people, just not for me. Alex was too much of a dick for me to like him, but I'm sure many people love that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nitpicking

so, wait, if Laila was pretending to be a human from the time Matt was five years old, did *she* have parents? Did she replace a real human child? Were her parents illusory? Was there a parentless chld hanging around Matt all the time?

marx810marx810about 4 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous 1 and 2

Or are you the same Anonymous? Either way lol, to answer your first question or at least to give a more direct hint, there are 4 of them in total. It is hinted that they'll have horses. So 4 of them on horses. Mara's will be red and everyone agrees her role is WAR. Matt, who's associated with DEATH has a pale horse. Teri's role with her black horse is the opposite of harvesting, let's call it FAMINE. Does that help?

As for the second question about Laila having parents or not, it's something I'll go into more later but long story short, when an angel needs to take a human form, the humans around them are glamoured/brainwashed into following whatever role the angel is supposed to be doing.

Oh! And thanks for your honesty about Corrupted Desire. I know Alex is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Though that comment also makes me laugh a little because I know what I'll be writing and Alex hasn't even begun to be a dick yet lol. But I think as long as people like at least one of the stories, the eventual merger should work. We'll see.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
?

Anyone else thinking that they’re now the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

For fuck's sake, this is such a good story, except for the part about hurting your partner.

I don't want that shit, that's why bsdm exists as a category.

I highly implore you in the future: when you're selecting where to put your story, look for the category that's the most extreme kink.

It's disappointing to find a story that you *want* to like so badly but totally turns you off when it comes to the actual naughty bits.

marx810marx810about 4 years agoAuthor
My Apologies, Anonymous

I'm sorry my story didn't meet to your expectations. That said, I originally posted a story that I thought would have belonged in Non-Consent that involved Nonhuman characters and it was moved into Nonhuman when it was approved by the powers that be in Literotica. I assumed the same thing would have happened with this story and I labeled it accordingly. I hope you find other stories more suited to your taste in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I personally have enjoyed all your stories and had no problem with Alex

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bring back the fairy!

She didn't do anything that wrong. She was the one strung along by an angel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Yes I figured out who they are going to be. Great story, please keep writing.

XacksonXacksonover 3 years ago

Holy hells Matt’s heaping makes hella sense now, along with what teriana said at the end of reverses. Good gods glad I kept reading this.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

I know it’s Literotica, but the overall long sex scenes detract from the story.IMHO I’ve started scimming!

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

BTW thinking I’ll just st call it done.

KJay15KJay15about 3 years ago

Is there such a thing as too much sex? Yes, yes there is, 3 chapters here and there probably was 1 page of actual story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

IMH9 the heroes need to win, it’s fantasy it’s not worth reading if they don’t p. I definitely didn’t pickup the horsemen reference. But I did notice the change in cgender and just assumed it was an error in editing and not a hint as to Mara not having a gender initially

basicbrat181basicbrat181over 2 years ago

Tbh I think I like Alex more but prefer Matts familiars. Alex is just so sadistic and controlling and him giving into that and just taking control of daisy without consent is just *chefs kiss* if Matt leaned more into his sadistic side could definitely become my fav tho.

It’s a tie between Alex and Him (learn your place since he was nameless) because of Alex’s supernatural abilities his able to take more control with the cutting off senses and literally reading her mind but Him oh Him is just 🥵🥵 I could never pick

Sadly I have aphantasia so I can not picture Matt to tell you what he looks like

Yes I did catch onto the gender switch in the first chapter when first time I read it this book.

And lastly still love the long authors notes so never apologise for them being long

basicbrat181basicbrat181over 2 years ago

Also because the most recent anon said it please don’t make the “heroes” win just because it’s fantasy it’s better when you either don’t know who the heroes are because everyone’s morally ambiguous or when the “villains” actually have a chance to win and don’t lose just because their the bad guys

That being said I wouldn’t even call Matt a hero considering his literally destined to bring the apocalypse either way I love what you’re doing with these stories and can’t wait for the rest to unfold

kvalentinekvalentineabout 2 years ago

I like what you did with this story, in general, but this was way too short for the amount of sex in it. The main thing we learned about the girls was their kinks. You basically took these immortal beings and made them sex toys. While there isn't anything wrong with that per se, it all seemed rushed and forced. For a harem story to work as a story, and not just as a collection of sex scenes, you can't turn it into a mad-dash to 'collect' all the girls. For all the development they have, they're not really 'characters' so much as 'possessions,' because there is nothing about them that gives them unique personalities.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

The sadistic bdsm cocky MC thing kinda ruins this for me. Love LOVE the idea of the story, seriously great work. The rest though, not my thing.

bhojobhojoalmost 2 years ago

in one place in this series you actually called Matt Alex by mistake. nice story series!

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

More Star Wars refs, plus more pop culture refs and my personal favourite:

[The temple seemed a lot bigger on the inside than it did on the outside]

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, but a bit disappointed by the ending. I really liked it, the pressure mounting, with a main character absurdly powerful, getting more powerful and more dominating the more girls he took. A nice progressive rise in pressure with the threat of the angels, rising up toward an ultimate confrontation... that does not happen. Suddenly, they get a "purpose", are no longer in any conflict with anyone, and all of that falls flat. We just end with a reveal that is not that interesting, and indeed, as you put it, you bashing us over the head with the obvious (to give you feedback on that, I had a pretty good idea what was happening as soon as Mara claimed War for herself, and got sure of my guess when the girls mentioned how they new what was happening and Matt wasn't).

And you even had another familiar all ready to be added to the batch, and even more cruelly punished for betraying them, and you just kill her.

I get that you were aiming for a certain conclusion - with a specific number of characters - and when you reached the conditions for it you just ended everything, but that really makes for an abrupt ending, and (in my opinion) a not very interesting plot twist.

Still very well done for the rest of the story, and I really enjoyed it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermarx810@marx810
Not much to say really. I'm a pervy guy and I like pervy stuff, be it on the more cute side of perv or the more twisted. I can be a bit busy so sometimes my stories will take a while for me to update but I will always finish them eventually. Anything other questions you have f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES