All Comments on 'Paisley The Birth of a Star'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments (Page 2)
dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Great writing and story, except it finished too quickly. Needs a part two. The character development was excellent, a difficult thing for many other writers here. Just need to finish the story line.

Still, 5 stars.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Same old same old. Fight, fight, fight. Oh happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah. I kinda doubt this would have went down that way. As soon as Paisley hit the big time, she would have finalized dumping hubby, who was being an anchor around her neck. Drugs, and popularity does change you. It turned some fat chicks from the go go’s, into the hoe hoe’s!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice read. Happy to see Paisley finally came to her senses.

G

CimenRunarCimenRunarover 1 year ago

Sorry, what ‘…big concerts’? I thought she was only performing with their band. So, she was still on the road, but with whom? Seemed like you ran out of steam and didn’t know how to finish, or just got fed up at the end. Please finish this good story properly 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, but thought that the ending sort of fell of the log.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, she did coke, smoked hash and other things on tour. Lied to her husband about pretty much everything, spent his money and ignored her family. I don’t believe she didn’t fuck around on tour. There are a lot of stories that start out with a 40 something woman trying to recapture her “ youth”, and have a “ fling”, with a younger man. This is really, just a derivative of that. I don’t believe they would have reconciled and stayed married. For that reason, I gave it a 3.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[26.11.22]

Excellent read!

11/10!!!!!

argomez99argomez99over 1 year ago

Should have been in ROMANCE category, not LW.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Second time around.

A great story, Cagivagurl is an expert angst writer of the first order. Like Andyhm she can ring every bit of emotion out of a storyline and make it stick.

There are lots of stories of hers l do not like, but there are lots l do like and like a lot.

This story finishes a bit too quickly, one is left with the impression there was/is more to tell.

I gave it originally 4/5, but this time around l see more in the tale and have upgraded it to 5/5.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

I thought this was much, much better than My Wife and the Singer. The details about the life and such were great. Idk if it's the writing or the wife in each of the stories, but this one was much better. Great story and always looking forward to more from this author even I don't like all of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good. Jake not having to live with and accommodate wifely infidelity was a big plus over many of this author's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy shit. A story by this author about a wife who does not fuck every swinging dick and then brow beats her weak husband into accepting it.

xfac2021xfac2021over 1 year ago

So the star figures out the the talent is her husband doesn't get it, then keeps going? Okay, it's cool she isn't screwing them but what artist does not get their wellspring is their partner then turns away to people they admit are losers? I was good right up to the point where it was clear the talent was the husband and the wife was somehow ignorant to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is clearly an experimental story different from the author's standard fare. But he/she writes it with typical aplomb. That she doesn't understand her husband's talent until later in the story doesn't speak well for that character, and is the author's variant on the normal lead female character. She still craps on the too forgiving husband, just for another reason in this story. Truthfully, I would not stay married to most if not all the wives Cagivagurl creates. But then that is the more traditional me, but it also perhaps makes me the least qualified to judge in that way. But that is the joy of fiction, to explore alternate scenarios and often outside one's comfort zone. This ability puts the author in the category of some other legends here such as Richard Gerald, posing even fictional impossibilities for the reader to puzzle. So for this experiment, 5 Stars. Thanks!

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Yeah she did screw around. Yes the MMC needed a spy inside for proof.

jon991gjon991gabout 1 year ago

Good story, however it seems as if the ending was rushed, would have like to have seen them have more success with the new band perhaps built their own recording studio and found a balance of band and home that worked out well for them, but well done with this one 4*

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 1 year ago

I guess i take a differing slant to this. The MC was an insufferable bitch. He could have tried to help make his wife successful bit he chose to pout.

Great story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To the commentor below me, what are you talking about? He did support her until she stole his songs and took off without a word for months. She ABANDONED her family. Stop simping for women, yes they can be wrong too.

Opinionated1Opinionated110 months ago

well let's see...a marriage between a very strong willed insensitive wife. It seems to me we've heard this song before...lol. He gives up his career in music to support his wife and kids, but she basically refuses to do the same

for him, turning him into a Mrs. Mom as he not only takes care of all things domestic, but his earned money goes

to support her band members as they tour...and to top it off, she basically steals his songs and then with the ultimate insult to a musician, thinks it's completely ok to record and publish his songs without his permission or credit. furthermore, he would have never approved of her arrangements destroying what he felt was his artistic

integrity.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story could be interpreted two different ways. So obvious from other commenters it needs no details here. But the author makes it the split and the reconciliation plausible with this story. Enjoyed it more than her usual fare where you respect the execution if not the substance.

doctrptdoctrpt9 months ago

Stealing songs in the way she did is not illegal. People do covers all the time. The problem here is that she thought she'd do it without consequence, after the entire band had already stolen money from him. This makes the questionable use of his music feel an additional theft to him, and rightly so. That Paisley didn't get this is yet another blow to him...he was shit on by them all. Typical Cagivagurl style, of course...

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Well written and flowing. Thank you.

Rednose245Rednose2458 months ago

Thanks for a great story. Looking forward to a continuation.

waifwaif7 months ago

I love it. Real people talking like real people and fucking up the way real people do.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. An experiment in marital strife without marital infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Once again, a brilliantly written story, full of emotion and feeling. My own complaint, is that it doesn't so much end, as simply stop. Would have love to read more about just how they rebuilt their marriage past a few references of "the day went well". Great story, and I'm definitely a fan of a reconciliation that doesnt evolve cheating, but the ending felt rushed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting story. Refreshing that the conflict wasn't about adultery (surprisingly) but about her career, her disrespect l, stealing his songs, not recognizing his own talent, and all but abandoning the family to pursue being a star. Well written and an emotional reconciliation. Author took it right to the edge but they made it, barely...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, MC could use a testosterone shot or two though. He writes their songs, pays for everything, they steal from him, she admits they tried to sleep with her many times and he does what about it? Kind of a wimp

danoctoberdanoctober4 months ago

"This is a long story. There is no sex in this story.'' - Intoduction from author., Cagivagurl.

I'm a big fan of Literotica and have seen other authors here post this as a forewarning. However, some of the absolutely best stories on this site have little or no sex at all in the stories. Real gems in story telling. And Cagivagurl is a terrific story teller. So, what 's a 'terrific' story teller. imho, any writer that makes you feel something inside. Good or bad, they jerk your emotions about. Cagivagurl has the skills to do that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story reminded me of a biography of the singer Linda Ronstadt. She never married or had a family by choice because she understood the costs of her passion. Her mother had the same talent but gave it up because of family obligations, and had supported her decision against family opposition because she understood. When you marry such a successful showbiz person, you marry their lifestyle too. And that often brings infidelity too, so this guy's worries were not unfounded. I was married to a Chihuahua, Mexico girl with that same talent in my 20s, and who took a similar path as the wife Paige did in this story. We had a 3 year-old when she did cheat on a tour, and it almost ended our marriage. Much like some of Cagivagurl's offended spouses who invoked family, I went to her family who treated me like the adopted Anglo son, and they read her the riot act. So she ended up restricting her touring to local and regional performances and tours which our family could deal with. That, and her family said they would disown her if she cheated again. It worked as far as I could tell and we continued for 7 years before cancer took her. Would I do it again after a long second marriage without that stress? No, but then I remarried in my late 30s.. What makes this story interesting is that the husband was a talented song-writer himself and the marriage stress was her cheating him of such recognition in pursuit of her own promotion.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No sex in this story, most assuredly. But the wife Paige was engaging in emotional infidelity, of which using his work unaccredited, and knowingly because she knew his disapproval of her band's interpretations was a big part. But then, when they DID work together finally on what he considered 'pop' songs, it went well. It was the emotional connection and respect she showed him in that process. The accreditation on the album simply clinched it. Had she approached it all honestly from the beginning, and acknowledged her family interest too, much of the subsequent mess could have been mitigated if not avoided. Note he accepted her different use of his music when up front and respected. That was part of his duty as a family man I suspect. I enjoy Cagivagurl's stories that end this way when the offending spouse realizes and mends (and amends for) his or her mistakes. That is how a real marriage works. When she writes this way, it's her best work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fortunately, no cuckoldry. Thank you for that.

Grote_01Grote_013 months ago

Thank you for a wonderful story

Tarloso2Tarloso23 months ago

Good but a rushed ending...could have been more

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOther3 months ago

Good story but it felt unfinished and what ending there was seemed rushed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not plausible. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Excellent story. The stressor in their marriage were very different than usual LW story.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino29 days ago

It felt as though the author suddenly fell under a bus and couldn't finish it.

DukeByFallDukeByFall19 days ago

Great story, but it ended really abruptly

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg13 days ago

I’m not sure how I feel about this story yet. Before I realized it had been “appropriated” from Literotica, I had begun listening to it on youtube while walking the dog. It was not a conscious decision on my part. It came up in the que. I turned it off as soon as I got home and discovered it here on Lit. As a published author myself (not here but worldwide through bookstores and Amazon), I understand the importance of protecting one’s intellectual property. So once I realize a story is coming off the literotica site, I research it and try to find it and once I do I post a notification on the YouTube channel that the story was taken from literotica and was probably not being used with permission from the original author. In this case, somebody else had already notified the YouTube channel owner that they did not properly credit. Not that properly crediting means that they had permission to use or that the author is being remunerated properly.

Anyway, as I was saying, I have only just begun reading the story. I stopped listening on youtube only a few minutes in. My initial reaction is: MC is allowing Paisley to take advantage of his support. Whether she realizes it or not, she is flaunting her success in his face. She’s also toying with destroying their marriage by flaunting her flirting and entertaining her bandmates in her room. And then calling him at 4 o’clock in the morning to rub it into his face does not help either. Since it was his funds that were supporting the band he should’ve done a few different things. First, when the band returned from their tour, he should’ve beat the shit out of the two bandmates. They were obviously trying to get into his wife’s pants. Second, he should’ve cut off the funding. Not out of spite or revenge, but to make his wife realize what she was doing and how she was risking their marriage. He was not seeing any return on his investment and that was not helping the family. Third, if he’d had any balls at all, he would’ve insisted that he be paid for every one of the songs that he had written and provided for them to use on tour. He also should’ve demanded that he be credited in each and every program that the band had in any venue they played. Crediting him would have provided another avenue stream in that other artists may have hired him to write songs for them as well. Plus, there were royalty fees that he could’ve been earning and that would’ve added to the family coffers too.

Now, that may have already been addressed but as I said I have not finished reading it. So I may make an update once I’m done. So far, I’m finding it and enjoyable read, which is odd because I usually find Cagivagurl’s stories lacking.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

@FaShUnPhOtOg: didn't know about the story being ripped off from Literotica.

However, Paisley never cheated emotional or sexually. But she did everything else under the sun that is detrimental to a marriage. Still was an enjoyable read. At least no gaslighting abiut fragile male egos, polyamorous agendas, or other psycho babble about it was only sex and good for the marriage. Refreshing in that way. That is why I like "Free Pass". Technically not real cheating, but nonetheless devastating, and while rough, believable it could be solved and fixed. But so many other stories by CVG? Gah!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories