Palmer: Fashion Week Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He still hadn't discovered how she'd gained access to the information, and wasn't going to push her on the subject. He'd find out when she was ready to tell him. Anyway, did it matter? All of them were done with Nikky Volkov now.

"I'm fine," he told Roxie, staring at her thoughtfully.

Was now the right time? Why not?

"Although I have to admit," he quietly continued, "there is one thing on my mind."

She turned in her seat to face him, a sudden frown appearing on her beautiful face. He knew why. The last thing she needed was for him to spring anything else on her. But when she replied, she surprised him.

"I know," she said, her voice a little hoarse.

Palmer shot her a puzzled look. She had always been able to read him like a book, but she couldn't really know what he was thinking...

"You do?" he asked.

"Mhmmm," she nodded, biting down on her lip in the way she did when she was worried. "You're wondering whether all of this has been worth the hassle, whether we have a future together."

"What?"

He stared into her beautiful green eyes, waiting for them to lighten up and tell him she was joking. But no, she was being serious.

"I can't help being who I am, Jack," she continued, her voice low and full of apprehension. "Sometimes, I think you'd be better off with a different girl. Someone without all my baggage, you know?"

He stared at her momentarily before shaking his head in disbelief. She really thought that? This was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with! He reached his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a soft kiss, letting his lips answer for him. When he pulled away, he cupped her chin so that he could meet her searching gaze.

"Roxie, you're the only woman I've truly loved," he told her, his voice choking with emotion at what he was about to ask. "How about we get married when we return to England?"

Her green eyes blinked in shock and he could see the tears welling up in them long before they began to roll down her cheeks. The good news was that they were tears of happiness.

"Oh Jack! Yes! Yes, yes, yes. Yes, please..."

THE END